Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're pretty close at 41k. With the bouncing of the out of stock/back order status, sales have probably been stifled some. But then the rush before the house hold limit could push that number up to around 45k.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You're pretty close at 41k. With the bouncing of the out of stock/back order status, sales have probably been stifled some. But then the rush before the house hold limit could push that number up to around 45k. >>

I'd put the number up around 45K. 41K means only about 600 people would have bought the 5 limit. Possible, but I think it's higher. (Really, it's a cheap stocking stuffer...)

I'd have a better guess if I had a recent order number, but I keep getting this "reached household limit" message... image
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid question ----- observation::::: image

I was looking at sales of this coin on eBay and since very few PCGS coins sold,,,,, actually none in MS69 I was checking out NGC coins imageimageimageimageimage and I saw that NGC Sac's were not designated as Position A or B on the label so I went to the NGC Registry,,,,, again (embarrassed ) oimageimageimageimage to see if that was the case in previous years and I was completely shocked imageimageimageimageimage to find that NGC does not label Sacagawea Dollars as Position A or B and again completely shocked imageimageimageimageimage

Never knew that was the case and again completely(embarrassed ) oimageimageimageimage at my ignorance,,,,,,,,,,

Not knocking NGC but had no idea that was the case.......

Humbly stupid in the NGC Registry,,,,, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Currently, the Mint’s website is showing the sold out coins flagged as “Out of Stock” but with a new bullet point at the top of the product page which states in red “This product is sold out and no longer available for sale.” " [END]

>>

What red bullet?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surf over to the proof buff page and you will see sold out in red... And it's marked OOS.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Ms, got it with that unmistakable red notice.

I think more Sac's poured out through various channels. I'll say they are more like 49k -- perhaps done with this last shutdown.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and to make matters worse, an apparent email release from ATS said the item was sold out

it was not >>

That was dumb....

..and re: numbers...someone download the spreadsheet and we will know now...my laptop has a hissy fit when I try to use Excel
  • Options
    Never mind...found it

<< <i>2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET 50,000 12/14/2014 N >>

So my guess would be 50k.....image

Toast... image
  • Options

<< <i>Never mind...found it

<< <i>2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET 50,000 12/14/2014 N >>

So my guess would be 50k.....

Toast... >>

Yep.

11/23/2014...2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET.....9,720...That's +9,720 units over the previous week
    11/30/2014...2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET ...14,073...That's +4,353 units over the previous week
    12/7/2014.....2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET...42,109...That's +28,036 units over the previous week
    12/14/2014...2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET...50,000...That's +7,891 units over the previous week
  • Options

<< <i>..and re: numbers...someone download the spreadsheet and we will know now...my laptop has a hissy fit when I try to use Excel >>

So change the extention to htm and open it in a web browser.

If you've never looked, it's not really an xls file. It's an html file.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>..and re: numbers...someone download the spreadsheet and we will know now...my laptop has a hissy fit when I try to use Excel >>

If you've never looked, it's not really an xls file. It's an html file. >>

When I click on the link it says it is an .xls file....I do not see how to change it in the download box....sorry for the ignorance

<< <i>ExcelDownload All Data To Date in XLS format >>

Not an editable link
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

If you've never looked, it's not really an xls file. It's an html file. >>

When I click on the link it says it is an .xls file....I do not see how to change it in the download box....sorry for the ignorance

<< <i>ExcelDownload All Data To Date in XLS format >>

Not an editable link >>

I'm talking about the file you download. Ends in "xls", right? Change that to "htm". (This may be difficult if you have file extensions hidden.)
  • Options
    Wow

They'll be selling returns now

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Don't download

Just view the pages in the browser

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow

They'll be selling returns now >>

Nothing is for sale currently. OOS page posted for the last, maybe what 3 days now? Hasn't it been off sale for at least 48 hours now?
  • Options

<< <i>Wow

They'll be selling returns now >>

The reason for returns escapes me. Before the sellout they were selling on The Bay for around $30...even with fees wouldn't it make more sense just to sell them rather than just get your money back??? Still make over $10 each which is better than zero....
  • Options
    I assume this is found by viewing the xls file? The list only shows through dec 7

• Options

<< <i>I assume this is found by viewing the xls file? The list only shows through dec 7 >>

That is my point...I PM'd him rather that make my ignorance obvious to everyone image
  • Options

<< <i>I assume this is found by viewing the xls file? The list only shows through dec 7 >>

Yes. Unaltered totals are reported a few hours (used to be a day) before the website is updated. Total sales are still unofficial until the web page is updated. (And the total sales can be updated between the early release of the file and the official release...)
  • Options
    A possible good thing for us 12/4 back order holders....we will be getting new production

• Options

<< <i>

Yes. Unaltered totals are reported a few hours (used to be a day) before the website is updated. Total sales are still unofficial until the web page is updated. (And the total sales can be updated between the early release of the file and the official release...) >>

I think it changed last week....from around 42k to around 39k....uh-ohimage maybe it will change downward again and they will go back on sale image

I don't hear the Fat Lady yet.....
  • Options

<< <i>A possible good thing for us 12/4 back order holders....we will be getting new production >>

I think you'll be getting a new production of the packaging. My guess is all 50K Sacs have been struck for a while now.

All the mints have got to be punching out 2015 coinage by now. I can't imaging they'd still be pressing anything with 2014 on it two weeks before the end of the year...
  • Options
    Does anyone have ANY idea when the FS deadline is on these? I see nothing on the list, the Mint started shipping 22 days ago, ATS deadline is next week.....

Curious minds want to know.....
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone have ANY idea when the FS deadline is on these? I see nothing on the list, the Mint started shipping 22 days ago, ATS deadline is next week.....

Curious minds want to know..... >>

No one cares about this coin at PCGS. It's pretty darn obvious!!
  • Options
    yes, it's in the .xls file, but it's not in the online list yet.

call pcgs about the FS date, it's probably known by now.

I like the sell on ebay vs. returns logic. I think this will see very few returns.

There may be a brief window for a few sets (e.g. the silver HOF are back), but it's likely done for the huge part.

• Options
    Has anyone opened their box of Native American 2014 D One Dollar Coin, 25-Coin Roll to see if they put some EU in those rolls?
    Not likely but with them not even mentioning this set had an EU Native American 2014 D in the set discovered by I believe it was GopherNationals who knows when it would have been discovered, THANK YOU GopherNationals for catching it, good eye..image
  • Options

<< <i>THANK YOU GopherNationals for catching it, good eye.. >>

Said it before and well deserved.......

JMCU12 in post #2 of this thread had a premonition:

<< <i>Any chance that this could be a special strike or finish sacagacrapa? >>

Yup, EU sacagacrapa all the way image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,489 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason for returns escapes me. Before the sellout they were selling on The Bay for around $30...even with fees wouldn't it make more sense just to sell them rather than just get your money back??? Still make over $10 each which is better than zero....

I bought 15, returned 5. No regrets. Figure ebay and paypal and usps and insurance and packaging costs plus time & gas to the post office - combine those factors with the lousy treatment of sellers on ebay and you get very little incentive to play the game in a meaningful way.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    So maybe this has been asked and answered somewhere in this long thread, but I have 5 sets from Dec 4 that are still showing Backorder-

Am I likely to get these eventually?
  • Options

<< <i>Figure ebay and paypal and usps and insurance and packaging costs plus time & gas to the post office >>

That's one way to look at it I guess...but I look at it as a potential 75-100% profit.

...and I can print my own postage and hand them to my carrier..or drive 2 miles to the Post Office which is preferable

Insurance??? for a $30 item???

Time doesn't actually cost me anything since I would do the task on down time for which I am not lucky enough to be paid for....

Ebay, Paypal costs were figured in

Just sayin'....not a big profit but still not bad

• Options

<< <i>So maybe this has been asked and answered somewhere in this long thread, but I have 5 sets from Dec 4 that are still showing Backorder-

Am I likely to get these eventually? >>

I have 22 sets in the same situation. I expect to get them...but I WOULD like them before FS/ER cutoff dates arrive
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just sent from the Mint....

Order Update
    Dear United States Mint Customer:
    We are contacting you regarding the order you placed for the American $1 Coin and Currency Set.

Due to overwhelming demand, the product reached its production limit in sales quickly. The United States Mint accepted a limited number of orders on a waiting list in the event that products became available due to order cancellations. Waiting list orders are not guaranteed and are only fulfilled if inventory becomes available.

At this time, we can only confirm that your order is on the waiting list. As we continue to process orders for the American $1 Coin and Currency Set, there may be cancellations that allow us to fulfill some portion of the waiting list orders. Although you may have received an order confirmation and backorder communications, these should not have been taken as a guarantee that your order would be fulfilled. If you no longer would like the American $1 Coin and Currency Set you may request to have your wait listed order cancelled.

Should we be able to fulfill your order, you will receive a shipping confirmation notification from us once your order has been shipped. If your order will not be processed, you will receive an order cancellation notification confirming this when your order is cancelled from our system.

We hope you will continue to support the United States Mint’s numismatics programs.

Sincerely,

The United States Mint
    Customer Service Center
    1201 Elm St, Suite 400
    Dallas, TX 75270
    1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468)
    TTY: 1-888-321-MINT (6468)
    This is a notification-only E-mail, please don't respond to it. For answers to most questions about orders, payment, shopping on our website, and more, please visit the online Help section of our website. Feel free to contact our Customer Service Center at usmint-support@catalog.usmint.gov or call us toll free at 1-800-872-6468. Our Customer Service hours are Monday through Sunday from 8 a.m. to midnight ET. Hearing and speech impaired customers with TTY equipment can reach us at 1-888-321-MINT (6468), Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
    1-800-USA-MINT
    facebook twitter pintrest youtube
    Check Order Status Shipping & Returns FAQs My Account Contact Us The Department of the Treasury

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    First Strike Cutoff Date Set

• Options
    Raufus...
    What is the order date this letter referred to? After 12/4?

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    You get no credit for blanksimage
  • Options
    Are you butt posting again...somebody wake him up!
  • Options
    We're about 10 posts behind the new page.

• Options

<< <i>Raufus...
    What is the order date this letter referred to? After 12/4? >>

Yes

What was your order date an approximate time?

• Options

<< <i>We're about 10 posts behind the new page. >>

Actually it's just your settings.
  • Options

<< <i>Raufus...

He was asking about them a couple of days ago on the 14th...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Figure ebay and paypal and usps and insurance and packaging costs plus time & gas to the post office >>

That's one way to look at it I guess...but I look at it as a potential 75-100% profit.

...and I can print my own postage and hand them to my carrier..or drive 2 miles to the Post Office which is preferable

Time doesn't actually cost me anything since I would do the task on down time for which I am not lucky enough to be paid for....

Just sayin'....not a big profit but still not bad >>

I got four or five sets I'm sending back, since I wouldn't want to unload coins with big azz scratches on someone.

I'll let the Mint do it. image
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the XLS and the Mint website sales update page agree this week.

Special Collectibles TA9 2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET 50,000 N
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Just sayin'....not a big profit but still not bad >>

I'm going to let mine marinate for a few years and see what happens.
  • Options
    Official Mint numbers were just published. Sold out at 50K.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Raufus...

Yes

What was your order date an approximate time? >>

Sorry, should have included that...

It was 12/14 at 4:07 pm EST.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list