Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered 1 previously the first day they were available >>

So, a total of 5 sets. image
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order XXXX4195 $74.70 12/4/2014 This order contains 1 item. ON HOLD/ I Did Not order any Before and I did order 5 Sets On 12/4 Early that morning. So it makes no sense to me that someone who did order yesterday is getting sets shipped already. But than again its the Mint........................Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    I ordered 5 sets yesterday and just recieved email from the usmint is SHIPPED.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered 5 sets yesterday and just recieved email from the usmint is SHIPPED. >>

Ahhh...like the last time....these are just the returns that are going back out in small batches (5 or less)

WE are waiting for the made-to-order 12/4 coins that will be all perfect quality image

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    It seems they are fulfilling yesterdays orders before the Dec 4th orders.
  • Options

<< <i>It seems they are fulfilling yesterdays orders before the Dec 4th orders. >>

Ya think? image
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I ordered 1 previously the first day they were available >>

So, a total of 5 sets. image >>

Yup...5 total sets.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    there is a re allocation going on boys
    Those who ordered more than 5 and didn't actually receive them will probably
    Have orders adjusted downwards to 5 per HH
    It's happened before and it will happen again
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Falk25 had you ordered any before this? >>

I was wondering about this. Could it be if you have already received 5+ sets, your order has been placed on the back burner to give the late comers a chance? Maybe it is part of the "It must be fair" mandate! LOL >>

I already received 5+ sets from an early (first day) order. If I try to order 5 more sets, I get a message to the effect that household limits have already been reached.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    I only have one order of these ever, it was on Dec 4 for 5 sets. And mine still shows On Hold.
  • Options
    My December 3rd order shipped on the 4th and received them today. 10 sets total
  • Options

<< <i>there is a re allocation going on boys
    It's happened before and it will happen again >>

That's what I thought also but a few callers were told that orders before 12/8 would be filled as ordered...orders after that are subject to the HH limit....

That said....why then are all the 12/4 orders on hold??? Your point makes more sense....but then again why did all the 12/3 orders ship?? Why single out the 4th?
  • Options
    PROGRESS!!!!

The 12/4 order is now off hold and "backordered"image
  • Options

<< <i>

That's what I thought also but a few callers were told that orders before 12/8 would be filled as ordered...orders after that are subject to the HH limit....

That said....why then are all the 12/4 orders on hold??? Your point makes more sense....but then again why did all the 12/3 orders ship?? Why single out the 4th? >>

BigA that's not true about the 3rd, I have 2 orders from the 3rd on hold still! But, I was told on the phone relax I have nothing to worry about all orders will be filled! LOL we will see

This is one of my orders! All Coin and Currency
    Order Summary

Order Placed: 12/3/14
    Order Status: ON HOLD
    Order Number: USM027610**
  • Options

<< <i> BigA that's not true about the 3rd, I have 2 orders from the 3rd on hold still! >>

Sorry about that...I read a bunch of orders from the 3rd had shipped and I took it to mean all

Check that order now and see if it is off hold
  • Options
    All backordered they are taking us out of the order! This is BS!
  • Options
    Remember folks. Life has to be fair. It doesn't matter if you were first to place an order or last, the Guberment will make it fair to all.

Everyone gets a blue ribbon and everyone gets a gold star no matter if you practiced to come in first or sat on your rear and came in last. image We are all winners! image
  • Options
    "Backordered" is better than "toast"

I guess the 12/18 backorder availability date applies to us.....assuming they ship them on that day or the day after the "smart"post group MIGHT have them before New Years! Still no FS/ER dates published
  • Options
    I remember seeing a post a week or two ago about how the mint will close the factory portion for a week for the holidays, and not mint anything. Does anyone remember when that holiday starts? Doesn't start on the 19th does it?
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

That said....why then are all the 12/4 orders on hold??? Your point makes more sense....but then again why did all the 12/3 orders ship?? Why single out the 4th? >>

BigA that's not true about the 3rd, I have 2 orders from the 3rd on hold still! But, I was told on the phone relax I have nothing to worry about all orders will be filled! LOL we will see

This is one of my orders! All Coin and Currency
    Order Summary

Order Status: ON HOLD
    Order Number: USM027610** >>

If I figure the last 2 numbers on your order as zeros, and for reference, my last order which was 02759*** which has shipped on the 5th from an order 12/3/14 would be 1,221 order numbers before yours. What time was your order? I think my last would have been approx around 11:20ish or so est on 12/3. Before somebody says it of course not all the orders are for the TA9 sets.
  • Options
    12/4 order just went from hold to backorder too.
  • Options

<< <i>12/4 order just went from hold to backorder too. >>

Same for me!!

edited: I need to start reading the posts closer!!!
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    My Dec 4 order went from "ON HOLD" today to "back order." In the meantime, I ordered 3 more today by phone (they were very firm about the limit of 5 per household) which already show as "processing." Operator told me that this is the third time they have opened up the ordering for them because of demand. I am sufficiently confused to recognize that here's nothing left to do but wait for the mail...?
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << 12/4 order just went from hold to backorder too. >>

Same for me

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Placed yesterday 12/10:

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    I'm done playing this game! I just called they and told them to cancel my order. Of course the line was really busy and I had to sit on hold for 20 minutes!!! Funny, they don't ask why you are cancelling. I am sure they are getting a lot of calls on what the heck they are doing!

Anyway, I feel much better knowing my 10 backordered sets will make to late comers to the party happy! I am sure I will sleep much better tonight!
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    My order (USM027966XX) placed @ 9:19pm Eastern last night..... shipping notification received at 2:27pm today!

AWESOME Service!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    I want to know how many of those 24,000 they sold on the 3rd and 4th moved from backorder to on hold to backorder? Did the big orders get fulfilled from those days so the mint could avoid bad press? I just got off the phone again trying to explain that while my order 30,000 orders in front of the orders from today is sitting in back order while the people ordering today and yesterday have a tracking #. While she's trying to tell me they go FIFO I got angry explaining!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order for 5 sets placed late last night shipped out today via Fed Ex Smart Post.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that got the shipped email today:

Did the email have a tracking number?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>For those that got the shipped email today:

Did the email have a tracking number? >>

Yes, mine did. And CC was charged, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Yes my email had a FedEx tracking number and has an estimated delivery of next Wed.

12/11/2014 - Thursday 8:32 pm Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS
    12:10 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Tracking number 6129999466XXXXXXXXXX
    Reference XXXXXXXX
    Dimensions 8x8x8 in.
    Packaging Package
    Service FedEx SmartPost
    Weight 1.3 lbs / 0.59 kgs
    Total pieces 1
  • Options
    Ah well it appears the "set redistribution" mentioned previously in this thread is taking place

Take heart that those being shipped are to those less fortunate. or at least less fast.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
  • Options
    There is an NGC SP70 ER on ebay now.

• Options

<< <i>Ah well it appears the "set redistribution" mentioned previously in this thread is taking place

Take heart that those being shipped are to those less fortunate. or at least less fast. >>

Yes, it would appear so. I will just be content with the measly 30 set I got earlier and that are sitting on my kitchen table unopened. Hopefully I can put an eye on them this weekend.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone keeping track of low and high serial numbers of the one dollar bills in this set?

I have J 05698627 A.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    This is a very entertaining thread~I'd never have bought 5 sets had it not been so heavily posted, lol..

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is anyone keeping track of low and high serial numbers of the one dollar bills in this set?

I have J 05698627 A. >>

I ordered 12 for some one and they sold a set on the bay she told me i dont know why it sold for more then the others i ask to see the listing and the note was 05700678 or something like but was in the 600's and i told her that is why it sold for more. I did not ask her about the others. But i'm happy to see that most here where able to get in and get some even thou they held off on the 1st round. Very image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My second 12/3 order is in process. Should ship soon.

<< <i>Order Placed: 12/3/14
    Order Status: PROCESSING
    Order Number: USM02760xxx >>

So, that means both my 12/3 orders have been filled.

I never noticed if my order went into "Back Order" from "On Hold". It might have, but yesterday a blu-ray disc came and it was a "Guardians of the Galaxy" evening. image

Anyway, no cancelled orders here...
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered 2 sets 12/3 they shipped 12/4 I received them in my PO Box 12/11.
    I received 1- Position "A" and 1-Position "B"
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is anyone keeping track of low and high serial numbers of the one dollar bills in this set?

I have J 05698627 A. >>

The lowest note I have is J0569 6144A.

Twobitcollector just posted J0572 2496A, the highest I've seen so far.

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    moved to processing
    Order Summary
    Order Status: PROCESSING
    Order Number: USM027xxxxx

• Options
    FedEx Smartpost is horrible. My 12/3 shipped orders will take 12 days to get from Memphis, TN to Baltimore. They were supposed to be delivered on Dec. 10 and it now moved to Dec. 16 as a delivery date.

Really no excuse for that even if it is the Holiday shipping season. Guess the free shipping has its disadvantages. I think Fed EX must be using ground transport or they are overwhelmed with overnight deliveries and the packages are just sitting for days in their warehouse, smartpost gets last priority. I will leave bad feedback when I get that mint survey. image
  • Options
    I ordered one set, which is backordered, so I went to eBay and bought another at a healthy profit for someone.

I do think that the coin photographs well, but it's not all that impressive in hand. The small size and the color don't create the pop you see on the Kennedy Enhanced Unc.

• Options

<< <i>I ordered one set, which is backordered, so I went to eBay and bought another at a healthy profit for someone.. >>

You do realize that those who ordered yesterday and the day before are either in "processing" status or have shipped already. You could order one right now from the Mint and it would ship in a day or so (w/e excluded)

..and I love the "awesome service" comment....depends on the day of the week that you ordered. Ask the 12/4 people (me) about the "awesome service"

...and I did see that NGC 70 for sale...1st non-proof given a 70 grade in the 14 years of SAC grading. I bet there will be some PCGS 70's also and thus my comment a while back about paying $495 for a PCGS 69 grade....that will be in the $99 range VERY soon...IMHO

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...and I did see that NGC 70 for sale...1st non-proof given a 70 grade in the 14 years of SAC grading >>

Surprising... no negativity for this one..... Only praise
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>...and I did see that NGC 70 for sale...1st non-proof given a 70 grade in the 14 years of SAC grading >>

Surprising... no negativity for this one..... Only praise >>

Just the facts.....image
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Surprising... no negativity for this one..... Only praise >>

Just the facts.....image >>

I looked and did not see one. Do you have an item number or link?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "FEW GRADED IN 70 !"

The seller has this to say about his MS70, so I assume there is already more than -1- MS70 graded over there?

You will all recall my assessment of these coins (many pages back) after looking at just -1- set image

NGC-MS69 coins are essentially heading straight South in value from even where they were even a week or so ago when an earnest NGC seller priced them at $99 with the note.

It would not surprise me at all to see the PCGS-MS69 counterparts to head straight down from that $499 starting point. Or, was that price only in that seller's "dreams" anyway (the seller never revealed the actual price of the sale of MS69 coin #1)

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file