Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe that's why my 22 are still on hold..... >>

My order of 10 shipped last week...

Edit to add: But my second order did not. Does this mean I won't get it? Heh...

Re-edit to add: General question. If your order is on-hold did you already order 5 or more sets?
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Now says "backorder"
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

Yup, I bet that is the reason my 10 sets are on hold. Nothing like changing the rules in mid-stream! I wonder if the Mint held off implementing this until all the big boys go their 5,000 set orders in?
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Yup, I bet that is the reason my 10 sets are on hold. Nothing like changing the rules in mid-stream! I wonder if the Mint held off implementing this until all the big boys go their 5,000 set orders in? >>

Someone affected should call the Mint and see if their unshipped order of greater than 5 still stands. Not to rain on the parade but I wonder if the sets sold will go down dramatically if they reduce existing uncompleted orders.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>

Yup, I bet that is the reason my 10 sets are on hold. Nothing like changing the rules in mid-stream! I wonder if the Mint held off implementing this until all the big boys go their 5,000 set orders in? >>

Of course....that's the 24k sold last week....those weren't orders of 10-30 sets.

They have been on hold forever because they are going through them individually to trash those over 5 sets.....this, if true, is pretty lame.

I can see implementing order limits now but to make them retroactive really sucks
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I will see if my last order of 10 still on hold will go through. Hopefully, they will honor them since the new 5 household limit just was placed.

My other 32 sets have already shipped last week.

I can at least try an order of five next time they are up. So they cancel them.
  • Options

<< <i> Someone affected should call the Mint and see if their unshipped order of greater than 5 still stands. >>

On another forum some "on hold" people called and the CS told them they wouldn't get their orders because they were "sold out and not getting any more"...this was BEFORE the Sunday numbers came out....so I don't believe anything they say over the phone ...I should add these were wimpy orders of 1-5 sets
  • Options
    It may have been the number of very large orders that prompted them to change the rules and there would be little reason to change them if only a few are left to sell but you never know with the Mint.
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Just got off the phone. They said orders prior to the 8th of over 5 sets will be honored.
  • Options

<< <i>Just got off the phone. They said orders prior to the 8th of over 5 sets will be honored. >>

We shall see............
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    Just tried ordering 5 said my household limit had been reached...
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

<< <i>Just tried ordering 5 said my household limit had been reached... >>

Yep you can order now.

Edit to add: Yep, I was rejected. Household limit reached...
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    Not if you ordered any previously.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    I only ordered two (on Dec 5) and am also "ON HOLD".
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    I thought they shut down ordering on 12/4 late AM
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    So I just took it for a spin and ordered 10 stopping at confirm order. It never told me I couldn't order more than 5. Have to wonder how many people are not going to see the household limit and think they are getting the number they requested. At least until they get an email saying HHL 5. That would be a bummer.
  • Options
    image I am still waiting for my email saying the sets can now be ordered! image

Maybe I won't get it since I have 10 on hold!!
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    BigA, my error. I ordered on Dec 4.
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered 125 sets around noon on Dec 4 split up in 8 different orders. I missed ordering these sets the first go around. Hopefully my order will not be canceled.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just placed an order, for a backorder?

This is something new?

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>I just placed an order, for a backorder?

This is something new? >>

Nope nothing going on here, keep it moving folks, nothing to see..move along , please...
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    Well I just got results from a submission ots. I picked out what I thought was my best and sent 9 in after I was told by PCGS cs (incorrectly) that they were not doing fs. Results were all 9 SP69. Not one 70. I am stil happy about the results but I think it is going to be very hard to get a 70 as it should be.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I just got results from a submission ots. I picked out what I thought was my best and sent 9 in after I was told by PCGS cs (incorrectly) that they were not doing fs. Results were all 9 SP69. Not one 70. I am stil happy about the results but I think it is going to be very hard to get a 70 as it should be. >>

What is ots???
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Well I just got results from a submission ots. I picked out what I thought was my best and sent 9 in after I was told by PCGS cs (incorrectly) that they were not doing fs. Results were all 9 SP69. Not one 70. I am stil happy about the results but I think it is going to be very hard to get a 70 as it should be. >>

What is ots??? >>

You know across the street with the other (unnamed) guys.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What is ots??? >>

You know across the street with the other (unnamed) guys. >>

You mean ATS, gotcha! Congrats on the grades!
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    household order limit of 5?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

What is ots??? >>

You know across the street with the other (unnamed) guys. >>

You mean ATS, gotcha! Congrats on the grades! >>

You are right. I have always been a bad speller. And thanks.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I decided not to order since it will probably get rejected and bring attention to my order of 10 I placed on Dec 4 still on hold. They might cancel that one too. But why wait so long to cancel that order. My last orders that were shipped are stuck in Ohio.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah the you-know-who is getting craftier as well with tracking household limits. Some previous tricks ainno working...watch those cc mailing AND shipping addresses... Had to enlist the old "gang" to launder the buys (legitimately of course READ kids).
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the USM is up to its "redistribution of coin products" effort, taking cues from the POTUS and his "redistribution of wealth" tactics.......
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i'm happy i was able to buy what i did befor the household order limits. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like the USM is up to its "redistribution of coin products" effort, taking cues from the POTUS and his "redistribution of wealth" tactics....... >>

Komrade, Question not the gubbermint. They know whats best for you!
  • Options

<< <i>I ordered 125 sets around noon on Dec 4 split up in 8 different orders. I missed ordering these sets the first go around. Hopefully my order will not be canceled. >>

Good luck, I think you'll need it. Let us know how it turns out.
  • Options
    Maybe the Mint is getting back to their normal confused way of doing things....

...calls to the Mint regarding orders "on hold" from 12/4 were told "they are sold out and you won't be getting ANY"

...calls to the Mint regarding orders "on hold" from 12/4 were told "all orders prior to 12/8 will be filled"

...just use the "remind me" button and we will notify you when they are available

...oops, we forgot to mention the special finish SAC in the set

...some of us (the Mint) didn't KNOW there was a special finish coin in the set so we didn't set household limits

...hmmmm....should we throw in a special bill in with the coin....naaaaah...just put in those $1 bills in that pile over there

...oops, someone ordered 10,000 sets...we need a household limit

...12/3 & 12/4.... shhhhh.... let's just sneak some sets out there for sale and see if they notice.....oops, they noticed....SHUT 'EM DOWN!

...12/4 orders still "on hold" and 12/10 orders are "processing"

Definitely makes it interesting...image
  • Options
    To: US Mint Support
    Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 11:55AM
    Subject: Re: Order Number: order #USM the Coin and Currency Set

Hello..

I am inquiring as to why my item is on hold? Order #USM the Coin and Currency Set

I ordered 1 set on Dec. 3rd said it would be in stock on Dec. 8th.
    Did you forget about me?
    Seems if you place a large order you get better service?
    What happened to FIFO?

Thank You...

Reply:

From: US Mint Support [mailto:Usmint-support@catalog.usmint.gov]
    Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:32 AM
    To:
    Subject: Re: order #USM the Coin and Currency Set

Dear N,

This letter is in response to your recent correspondence to the United States Mint.
    We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. After reviewing order #USM the Coin and Currency Set will be in stock on 12/18/2014. Once inventory becomes available, your order will be processed and shipped to you.

For general information, you may contact us seven (7) days a week from 8:00 AM to 12:00 midnight Eastern Time. Hearing and speech impaired customers with TTY equipment can reach us Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time or by visiting us online at www.catalog.usmint.gov. To contact us by email, please reply to this correspondence or send an email to usmint-support@catalog.usmint.gov.

We appreciate your interest in United States Mint products, programs and services.
    United States Mint
    Customer Service Center
    1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468)
    TTY 1-888-321-MINT (6468)
    001-1-202-898-6468

• Options

<< <i>After reviewing order #USM the Coin and Currency Set will be in stock on 12/18/2014. Once inventory becomes available, your order will be processed and shipped to you. >>

That would be believable except for the fact that orders placed yesterday have been shipped....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>After reviewing order #USM the Coin and Currency Set will be in stock on 12/18/2014. Once inventory becomes available, your order will be processed and shipped to you. >>

That would be believable except for the fact that orders placed yesterday have been shipped.... >>

Yep so much for FIFO. Didn't think the new ordering system would last long image
  • Options
    Are you sure they shipped? Can someone confirmed these 12/10 orders are shipping or are they in processing which will turn to "on hold" by the end of the day!
  • Options

<< <i>

That would be believable except for the fact that orders placed yesterday have been shipped.... >>

Where did you read the sets were shipped?

Everything I've read seems to indicate Dec 18...
  • Options
    This is the most interesting release I think I have ever seen. You would think nov 20th they just keep selling until they hit 50,000. No, they stop at 13,000+ for some reason (I really have no clue why). Then they open up the "window" for all of us that are eagerly awaiting growing our original small stacks of these (Dec. 3rd and 4th) But, again stop wayyyyyy short of the 50,000 limit again (38,000+) only to change the game plan a week later with HH limits. I really hope for all us 3rd and 4th people we are not going to be left in the cold. That would not be right!
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Order Placed: 12/10/14
    Order Status: SHIPPED
    Order Number: USM02796XXX

Method: Fedex Smartpost
    Date Shipped: 12/11/14
    Track Order: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    American $1 Coin and Currency
    $13.95 Qty 4 Total: $55.80

Items (0) Subtotal:55.80
    Shipping & Handling:4.95
    Order Total:60.75

I received shipping confirmation at 12:26 PM today on my order placed yesterday at 9:04 PM
  • Options

<< <i>Order Placed: 12/10/14

I received shipping confirmation at 12:26 PM today on my order placed yesterday at 9:04 PM >>

WOW! we are screwed
  • Options

<< <i>

I received shipping confirmation at 12:26 PM today on my order placed yesterday at 9:04 PM >>

WOW! we are screwed >>

I just got of off the phone and they said absolutely none of these sets have shipped in the last couple of days and they have been out of stock and all you orders will be processed on Dec. 18th? WTF is going on
  • Options

Falk25 had you ordered any before this?
  • Options

<< <i>You would think nov 20th they just keep selling until they hit 50,000. No, they stop at 13,000+ for some reason (I really have no clue why). >>

Great marketing ploy if you ask me!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Falk25 had you ordered any before this? >>

I was wondering about this. Could it be if you have already received 5+ sets, your order has been placed on the back burner to give the late comers a chance? Maybe it is part of the "It must be fair" mandate! LOL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

WOW! we are screwed >>

I just got of off the phone and they said absolutely none of these sets have shipped in the last couple of days and they have been out of stock and all you orders will be processed on Dec. 18th? WTF is going on >>

"We are the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT so WE get to decide what reality is"

• Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭

<< <i>

Falk25 had you ordered any before this? >>

I ordered 1 previously the first day they were available.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

WOW! we are screwed >>

I just got of off the phone and they said absolutely none of these sets have shipped in the last couple of days and they have been out of stock and all you orders will be processed on Dec. 18th? WTF is going on >>

Simple answer and it has been given MANY times on this thread...the phone reps have NO clue what is going on.....remember these are the same people that said they were all sold out a week ago...

None have shipped....but shipping confirms sent and order page is marked shipped....duh!

Here's another one:

<< <i>I had ordered 4 sets on the 4th. And one more set yesterday. It now shows my order from yesterday has been shipped, but my 12/4 order is still "on hold". I called the mint and he verified yesterdays order has been shipped, >>

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file