Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    14 days vs. 6 freakin months in reality
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Latest number from the Mint:

Special Collectibles TA9 2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET 38,299 N
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see the first? PCGS MS69 FS up on ebay now -- Linkydink

Only $499. $179 for MS68. Is Tazmic a member here? >>

Don't know if anyone will pay for a 69 slab with what appears to be a pretty good hit on the cheek.

Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "That price is a dream with NGC's selling at $99"

Maybe; maybe not. MAS knows something at this very moment that none of us know.... exactly what the PCGS grading line is on these coins.

If my batch happens to come back with -0- MS69 coins in it, I might hit his BIN! image

If my batch happens to come back with many MS69 Pos A coins in it, of course my asking price might be less than his as then I might know something that he did not know at that time.

Everyone is shooting in the dark right now - with one exception - MAS knows exactly what an MS69 looks like to PCGS at this very moment.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Latest number from the Mint:

Special Collectibles TA9 2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET 38,299 N >>

Interesting. They revised the number down, even updated the spreadsheet.

Wonder if this is like the BBHOF numbers. 42,109 ordered, but 38,299 actually sold?
  • Options
    Looks like the 69 was pulled from Ebay. Probably got offered $5000 for it in a private sale.

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    Coin has been placed....
    Thoughts of 5 MS69 coins being graded with one or two with a shoot at 70 on this order...
    Out come 4 MS68's and 1 MS69 = for now not going to be easy....
  • Options
    I have a feeling that there will not be any 70's on these no matter how they look. I would like to be proven wrong and still hope to see one.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Oh, I believe there will be a couple. Not saying who will get them. image
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭
    No PCGS 70's, no way! You heard it here first. Less than 100 MS69's when all said and done.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not surprised by MAS's assessment. MAS sent in his "big game" and was shooting for (5) MS69 coins or better. PCGS spoke as to what it will take to land an MS69 (and MS70 for that matter). Whomever bought his lone MS69 coin obviously got a nice quality example for the price.

I will not hold back here ... I submitted a few spectacular specimens. I know what it takes to slab an MS70 Sac at PCGS (having made the very first one ever graded over there in 2005). That was also my last 2005 ever made in the past 10 years! I will not assume that I got any grades above MS69 on my top specimens submitted here. But, knowing that MAS submitted what he thought to be (5) MS69 coins and landed just (1) gives me pause for concern!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>My order from 12/3 is making progress...

Order Placed: 12/3/14

Order Status: ON HOLD >>

All my orders from 12/3 shipped days ago

Without being too specific they were all 2759700's numbers
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>New numbers from the Mint:

11/23/2014...2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET...9,720.....That's +9,720 units over the previous week
    11/30/2014...2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET...14,073...That's +4,353 units over the previous week
    12/7/2014.....2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET...42,109...That's +28,036 units over the previous week

Zoom! Must have been some big orders in there... >>

Thanks for the continued updates!
    However, I see:

Edit... I guess you already noted that. image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

11/23/2014...2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET...9,720.....That's +9,720 units over the previous week
    11/30/2014...2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET...14,073...That's +4,353 units over the previous week
    12/7/2014.....2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET...42,109...That's +28,036 units over the previous week

However, I see:

Edit... I guess you already noted that. image >>

Not sure where you got the 42,109 from...US Mint's wbsite indicates 38,299

US Mint Totals as of 12/7
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>No PCGS 70's, no way! You heard it here first. Less than 100 MS69's when all said and done. >>

That could be true but watch, I bet there will be some slabbed as 70's. Maybe across the street or from #3. I am waiting for the TV guys to bring out their 70's image and fool all the Grandpa's and Grandma's.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>No PCGS 70's, no way! You heard it here first. Less than 100 MS69's when all said and done. >>

That could be true but watch, I bet there will be some slabbed as 70's. Maybe across the street or from #3. I am waiting for the TV guys to bring out their 70's image and fool all the Grandpa's and Grandma's. >>

I doubt you will see any 70 from PCGS unless the guys ats put out a number of them.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

However, I see:

US Mint Totals as of 12/7 >>

The Mint originally reported the number as 42,109. (You can look it up, it was reported in any number of places. If you downloaded the spreadsheet early, you'll see the 42K number.)

It was later revised to 38,299.

When the BBHOF coins were issued, they did something similar. The first reported number was the number ordered, the number was then revised to reflect the number "sold". (The number was reduced to the max mintage in the BBHOF case.)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

However, I see:

US Mint Totals as of 12/7 >>

The Mint originally reported the number as 42,109. (You can look it up, it was reported in any number of places. If you downloaded the spreadsheet early, you'll see the 42K number.)

It was later revised to 38,299.

When the BBHOF coins were issued, they did something similar. The first reported number was the number ordered, the number was then revised to reflect the number "sold". (The number was reduced to the max mintage in the BBHOF case.) >>

Maybe they will revise it down to around 15,000 next week. That would be weird but not un-Mint-like.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That price is a dream with NGC's selling at $99 >>

Dreams do come true......coin was sold

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

Dreams do come true......coin was sold >>

I'd have sold it for way moreimage
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have paid $100,000 for the first one sold.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>I'd have paid $100,000 for the first one sold. >>

Oh great, a new label - FIRST SOLD
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Dreams do come true......coin was sold >>

I'd have sold it for way moreimage >>

I would have waited a few months and then bought one....
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Maybe PCGS is wary of grading this sac a 70 because of its copper content even if it warrants it.
  • Options
    Well, it has the remind me button again! I was hoping they would forget about these and leave the mintage at 38,000 or so.
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone has any idea about ordering process from individual and dealer or big guy? They are have to order online or call in when it available or cut deal direct through the mint?
  • Options
    Has anyone's order from 12/4 shipped or moved to "In Process?" Mind is still on hold but the temporary authorization against it (since I place the order) went away. No hard it against the CC yet.
  • Options

<< <i>Has anyone's order from 12/4 shipped or moved to "In Process?" Mind is still on hold but the temporary authorization against it (since I place the order) went away. No hard it against the CC yet. >>

I still have my orders from 12/3 on hold that are 3000 orders in front of my 12/4 orders
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Has anyone's order from 12/4 shipped or moved to "In Process?" Mind is still on hold but the temporary authorization against it (since I place the order) went away. No hard it against the CC yet. >>

I still have my orders from 12/3 on hold that are 3000 orders in front of my 12/4 orders >>

I hope they get these out in time for first strike! Who knows how long they will be on hold
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I still have my orders from 12/3 on hold that are 3000 orders in front of my 12/4 orders >>

I hope they get these out in time for first strike! Who knows how long they will be on hold >>

When is FS over? I can't find that on pcgs website.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya can't find it cuz it aint been determined yet.
    FS Page (http://www.pcgs.com/firststrike/)
    But if past is prologue I would expect around January 1st give or take a day or 2

• Options

Nope...715am order on the 4th still on hold....never had an order be on hold for so long
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    All my orders on Dec 3 shipped on Dec 5. I am supposed to receive them today. I ordered around 11:30 AM Dec 3

My Dec 4 order is still on hold.

The Coin and Currency Set went on sale on Nov. 20, so FS deadline at least by Dec. 20. I thought someone on this thread reported that PCGS received a coin for grading on Nov 24. So maybe a 3 day window between Dec 20-Dec 23 for FS. Don't know.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    My 12/4 order is still On Hold

but...

The Out Of Stock icon is gone and replaced with a REMIND ME button, so they'll email you when they are back in stock.

• Options

<< <i>My 12/4 order is still On Hold

but...

The Out Of Stock icon is gone and replaced with a REMIND ME button, so they'll email you when they are back in stock. >>

image Yup, just like last time!!!
  • Options
    I can only come to the conclusion of the orders filled from the 3rd were either returns or cancelled orders. Now, we don't know how long we will be waiting for this new batch to be made. Could be a week or a month!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My 12/4 order is still On Hold

but...

The Out Of Stock icon is gone and replaced with a REMIND ME button, so they'll email you when they are back in stock. >>

image Yup, just like last time!!! >>

...beat me to the punch! imageimage ...and it still says "out of stock" just moved it around a bit
  • Options
    Click on the Remind Me, type in your email address and then you can be the first to update the thread when they are back image
  • Options

<< <i>I can only come to the conclusion of the orders filled from the 3rd were either returns or cancelled orders. Now, we don't know how long we will be waiting for this new batch to be made. Could be a week or a month! >>

There is a rumor I read someplace (and you didn't hear it from me) that the mint cancelled some Very Large Orders.

If you look at the web page now, the Household Limit entry has been removed. (It used to say "none".)

Also, the web page itself no longer states "Out of stock", but it does have the "Remind Me" button. They may be preparing to put these back on sale, so check often! image

Edit to add: Just added to the web page: "Household Order Limit: 5" (And I mean they changed it while writing this message.)

Hmmm.... Good thing my orders that were for more than 5 have already shipped! image
  • Options

<< <i>Click on the Remind Me, type in your email address and then you can be the first to update the thread when they are back image >>

I have been on that list since the day they went out-of-stock the first time - prior to December 4th.
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    Order limit has changed to 5 with out of stock gone...
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

<< <i>Order limit has changed to 5 with out of stock gone... >>

really? . It's gone on the order page (with no place to order, but it's still out of stock on the home page)
  • Options

<< <i>Also, the web page itself no longer states "Out of stock", but it does have the "Remind Me" button. They may be preparing to put these back on sale, so check often! >>

As I said a short time ago...it still says "out of stock''they just moved it around a bit

Edited to add: it says out of stock on the main page...the link does not say OOS...and yes there now is a HH limit of 5 sets

<< <i> Mintage Limit: None Product Limit: 50,000 Household Order Limit: 5 >>

Maybe that's why my 22 are still on hold.....
  • Options

<< <i>

really? Not when I just logged on. >>

Check it now. It was literally added a couple minutes ago.
  • Options
    Now it has a Household Order Limit of 5

imageimageimageimage I can't remember when coin collecting has been this thrilling! imageimageimageimage

It's just like the discovery of a new die pair on a bust dollar.
    Numismatics at it's best.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Check it now. It was literally added a couple minutes ago. >>

Exactly....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Check it now. It was literally added a couple minutes ago. >>

10 4....but still unable to place an orders
  • Options
    So do I have to send back the sets exceeding the 5 HH limit???image

,....and I guess ordering more is not gonna fly...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file