Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the likely stupid question, but what is the difference between PCGS Position A and B for these coins? Thanks.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    It's the position in which the edge inscription runs around the coin...I personally don't like the notation as it harkens back to the FDI presidential series but it is what it is...
  • Options

<< <i>It's the position in which the edge inscription runs around the coin...I personally don't like the notation as it harkens back to the FDI presidential series but it is what it is... >>

Thanks!!
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>PCGS page for Position A & B >>

Thanks very much!!
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Figure ebay and paypal and usps and insurance and packaging costs plus time & gas to the post office >>

That's one way to look at it I guess...but I look at it as a potential 75-100% profit.

...and I can print my own postage and hand them to my carrier..or drive 2 miles to the Post Office which is preferable

Insurance??? for a $30 item???

Time doesn't actually cost me anything since I would do the task on down time for which I am not lucky enough to be paid for....

Ebay, Paypal costs were figured in

Just sayin'....not a big profit but still not bad >>

I'm going to let mine marinate for a few years and see what happens. >>

Me to i have around 200 set's in 1st strike box's i'll set on. "SOLD OUT" imageimage

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    I have a big box with 126 sets, dunno I should sell it for $3400 or keep it.
  • Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭

<< <i>First Strike Cutoff Date Set

image >>

Great News on that!
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭

<< <i>I have a big box with 126 sets, dunno I should sell it for $3400 or keep it. >>

Keep it!
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a big box with 126 sets, dunno I should sell it for $3400 or keep it. >>

take the money & run. Prices have been dropping on eBay and I suspect will drop further. Now averaging between $27 - $30 range.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

take the money & run. Prices have been dropping on eBay and I suspect will drop further. Now averaging between $27 - $30 range. >>

^^^THIS^^^ Profit is your friend
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 1,500 FRESH sets I am helping a collector dispose of. So, if anyone is looking for a sizable quantity, I would be happy to assist in facilitating a deal. I think I found someone already that wants 500 of them (so maybe only 1,000 left). And, they are less than COINBOY is saying "dont sell at"

Wondercoin image
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

LOL!

I was just Messin' with Sasquatch, I think he knows that....
  • Options
    I honestly see these gaining in momentum on ebay. For a couple weeks you could get them for 27-29 a piece those are slowly dwindling down. I bet you put those 1500 on ebay selling at 28.95 they would not last long.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have 1,500 FRESH sets I am helping a collector dispose of. So, if anyone is looking for a sizable quantity, I would be happy to assist in facilitating a deal. I think I found someone already that wants 500 of them (so maybe only 1,000 left). And, they are less than COINBOY is saying "dont sell at"

Wondercoin image >>

Uhoh

There's this dude I know who has to move 3000.

This is going to get ugly fast.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have 1,500 FRESH sets I am helping a collector dispose of. So, if anyone is looking for a sizable quantity, I would be happy to assist in facilitating a deal. I think I found someone already that wants 500 of them (so maybe only 1,000 left). And, they are less than COINBOY is saying "dont sell at"

Wondercoin image >>

Uhoh There's this dude I know who has to move 3000. This is going to get ugly fast. >>

That's 10% of the total issue, if its done right, i.e. sold to TV people, you got nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    I was just wondering who wasn't chain yanking tonight.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I would never yank Coinboy's chain. Now, that 3,000 statement ....

Wondercoin. image
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

image >>

So a sealed box of 5 with a ship date of 12/11 would qualify for FS eligibility, correct?

Are these sets worth more sealed in box or submitted to PCGS for potential 69s?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wellll 4500 sets out there looking for immediate homes is not a good sign for the specie, especially short term. That can trash any potential.

Send 'em to the hucksters! Oh, and who guessed the results today? image
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

So a sealed box of 5 with a ship date of 12/11 would qualify for FS eligibility, correct?

Are these sets worth more sealed in box or submitted to PCGS for potential 69s? >>

The first 70 is what people are holding their breath for.

I can't say beyond that the value of a sealed box because I'm unsure of the continued value of 69s. If 69 prices stay strong, sealed boxes will be a premium hold.

• Options

<< <i>Wellll 4500 sets out there looking for immediate homes is not a good sign for the specie, especially short term. That can trash any potential.

Send 'em to the hucksters! Oh, and who guessed the results today? image >>

I think only Wondercoin was serious. Although 3% of the total is a lot and still worrisome. I'm guessing the tv hucksters are out and why these are 1500 fresh sets.

I think everyone guessed right by 5pm

• Options

<< <i>

image >>

Are these sets worth more sealed in box or submitted to PCGS for potential 69s? >>

It appears that all of these will all qualify as FS now sold out. To submit or not is the question "to be, or not to be".
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    They have to ship by to qualify

There are people on here waiting on ship notices for 12/4 orders

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see 100% ship by the deadline for FS.

Would be nice to see that in a release to "calm down the game" a bit.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They have to ship by to qualify

There are people on here waiting on ship notices for 12/4 orders >>

I've read a couple of reports that the 12/4 orders are being flipped to "Processing"...
  • Options

Wondercoin
  • Options
    I can never get the last page of comments, how do I change that? And also both 12/4 orders processing
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can never get the last page of comments, how do I change that? And also both 12/4 orders processing >>

I always add 1 to the page link to see if there are additional posts.(change 44 to 45 for example)....and my 12/4 order is also "processing"...should be out the door today or tomorrow
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Will some one who has hundreds shoot me a PM with bottom line prices and I will say y or n
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    tick tock, tick tock
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo the Wheels are turning again........... 12/4/2014 This order contains 1 item. PROCESSING Well it looks like I moved up.............Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 orders on the 14th, 2 hours apart ...

the earlier one is now processing with the dollar amount while the latter one is backordered with a zero dollar amount.
  • Options
    My 12/4 single set still shows back order.....but there apeares to be hope now

• Options
    Sorry...double post

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the best way to get these coins out of the packaging without damaging it too much?
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Neat little set, inexpensive, not much downside, imo.
    Regardless of flipper supply, it looks like prices are slightly strengthening on EBAY avg over $30 a set right now.

I would guess over the years $26-$34 as a floor, and could go higher.. time will tell
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know the best way to get these coins out of the packaging without damaging it too much? >>

The plastic capsule easily flicks right off. You can feel the groove with your nail, it's very easy to open.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    12/4's have now shipped! I am now done, now to sit and watch them plummet! LOL
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered 21 sets @ 4:45 a.m. on the 4'th with expedited shipping and don't care anymore, if it goes through great if not no big deal. >>

Wow, shipped. image
  • Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Just got my 5 sets on 12/4 noticed as shipped!
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    How about we come back and visit the 2014 C&C Set in a couple years and see how it has played out, especially the prices for unopened sets and 70's (if there are any) and 69's?
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! All my 12/4 orders are shipping. I was starting to worry that they would all be canceled.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked my 12/4 order... still backordered, so not all have shipped.
  • Options
    So how's this for bizarre-- this order was "shipped" 12/7, USPS Priority (not smart post). Here is today's tracking report:

"Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CATANO, PR 00962 on December 17, 2014 at 2:56 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

Hmmm how the h*ll did they get down there? Suppose they are packaged there? May explain shipping weirdness.

Edited to add order placed 12/3.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    My 12/4 order of 10 has not shipped and still on backorder. Though I ordered later around 9 AM. I have 35 sets already. I probably went overboard on this additional 10 anyway.

I need to join hoarders anonymous. Hopefully they have a 12 step program.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, one has shipped and one is on backorder. Two different orders from 12/4 two hours apart. My latter BO order was real close to when they closed it down on the 4th.
  • Options

Wondercoin
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wellll 4500 sets out there looking for immediate homes is not a good sign for the specie, especially short term. That can trash any potential. >>

The almost immediate release of 50K of these coins is not going to be good in the short term in any event.

But it is significant in that it's the first circulating coin with and enhanced finish, if you're into that sort of thing. And 50K of any type of finish these days for a circulating coin is pretty low. Mint sets sell 400K and proofs (the same coin in both the silver and annual proof sets) is more than 800K. So I think this set will hold it's value after all the sets get distributed on the secondary markets.

I'm sort of surprised we haven't seen a reverse proof circulating coin. It wouldn't be hard for the mint to do.

Here's an idea for the Mint. Free of charge. Next year, March of Dimes tie-in, a four-coin clad dime set with an uncirc, proof, enhanced uncirc and reverse proof dimes, all four mints, just like the Kennedy silver set. $9.95. Just do it.

<< <i>Send 'em to the hucksters! Oh, and who guessed the results today? image >>

I didn't think they'd sell out. 12K sets means 2400 orders at the minimum. Maybe the relatively low price and Christmas in week were factors that should have been considered. The same with the Kennedy clads. If no one's noticed, it going to sell out this week.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file