Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    2014 D PCGS MS69 Position A $1 Native Sacagawea Dollar From Coin & Currency Set

2014 D Enhanced Native American Sacagawea $1 PCGS MS69 FIRST STRIKE Position A

Looks like someone may have tried to sneak in a 1 day auction in front of us.... Its no Wonder why that would happen....
    Holiday Season probably not a good time for 1 day listings.....
    Others may be having an issue moving them... But no complaints here, these have sold very well....

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 1st Strike Label numbers are #535788 & #535789. I tried a few numbers before and after for regular labels checking POPS,,,, no luck.

Anyone know all the different label numbers?

So far POPS are only showing 58/0 for "A" & 56/0 for "B" image No MS70's.

When will PCGS put these in the variety sets?

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mas... Nothing as sinister as that. Just a seller wanting to hit all selling options (i.e. 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 days) as immediately available. Now, perhaps results were slightly affected by the word "enhanced" not being in the title? Slightly. That said, I stand by my former statement that in my opinion prices will remain generally under $100/coin for a while. I hope that is not the case, but I have a feeling that is what will happen. In the meantime, Sac collectors might be able to grab great coins for a good price.

As always, just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Nothing as sinister as that. >>

----------------------------------------------------------

<< <i>Just a seller >>

----------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    "Holiday Season probably not a good time for 1 day listings....."

Is Christmas Day the exception? I guess we will see in about 5-6 hours. And, speaking of the suggestion of "sneaking in" auctions in front of others ... "hello kettle, meet pot". image

Bottom line ... you can be in front, behind, Christmas Day, holiday season, etc., etc. - where you have little demand for First Strike Sacs it really does not matter. Expect to see those below $99 open bid sales prices continue in my opinion. The day(s) of $200 - $499 sales prices are a distant memory I am afraid.

As always, just my two cents and I hope I am wrong and MS69 coins move right back up to $200/coin!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Is Christmas Day the exception? I guess we will see in about 5-6 hours. And, speaking of the suggestion of "sneaking in" auctions in front of others ... "hello kettle, meet pot". >>

Following your lead....

---------------------
    ---------------------
    Did you not have an auction ending today

I'm sorry your late to the party

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say party ? imageimage
  • Options
    Late to the party? Heck no. You linked up various open bid auctions recently suggesting the proper values might be $200+/coin. I personally thought they were sub-$99 coins, and was the first on this thread to suggest the coins were higher grade specimens in these sets. Any board member can send me a PM today and buy the MS69 coins (either position) at $95/coin while supplies last! I suspect you will also sell at that level. So, now everyone can be at the party and all have fun together. By the way, you may be right and the coins might be $200 coins. We have all sold coins for too little or too much from time to time. I hope these coins are $250/coin sometime next year!

This party has just begun! Who will make the first MS70 at PCGS and capture the grand prize?

The main thing is this is just business and nothing personal as a Trump used to say before each Apprentice show. I think MAS is a great guy and one of the true remaining "hunters" for great business strike modern coins. There are very few doing it these days as most concentrate on the potentially more lucrative proof moderns game. Merry Christmas to you MAS and all my friends out there reading this thread!

Wondercoin

imageimage
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got the email notification that my 12/4 order has shipped!
    imageimageimage

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got the email notification that my 12/4 order has shipped! >>

Good to know they're, at least, doing something. My 12/4 order has been in backorder state for about a week now. Hope we all get our orders! Of course... in the order in which they were received. image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 12/4 order of 99 sets just shipped UPS ground!
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Yes, 12/4 order of 10 shipped also.
  • Options

<< <i>My 12/4 order of 99 sets just shipped UPS ground! >>

Someone asked me via PM... I'm getting 3 boxes of 27 sets each and one box of 18 sets sent out today. And I just saw on the PCGS website the First Strike deadline is 12/31, so it's looking like they'll be eligible for that too
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for all of you..... Happy New Years. imageimage

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got the email notification that my 12/4 order has shipped!
    imageimageimage >>

How many?
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only ordered one

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    And now the race to the bottom begins
    I like the coin, but the demand just isnt there
  • Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭

<< <i>And now the race to the bottom begins
    I like the coin, but the demand just isnt there >>

Mr. Sunshine you ain't
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options

<< <i>

Mr. Sunshine you ain't >>

Maybe just maybe some day we will look back and say look how cheep they where. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    It's the inevitable
    Large scale dumping by the flippers on eBay
    And within a few weeks on to the next item
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This item IS different than most flips.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This item IS different than most flips. >>

How so? Please explain,,,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This item IS different than most flips. >>

How so? Please explain,,,,,, >>

Very low mintage on an inexpensive coin.

The best designed series currently circulating has many collectors.

Many collectors will want one of these even if they don't do the sac series (low mintage inexpensive coin with a cool design)

Complete marketing flop by the us mint.

Complete ordering screw-up up by the us mint.

I suspect many hoarders.

Many sets will be broken out.

The only other time I bought more mint products was the 2001 Silver Buffalo Dollar. They did really well and still retain a nice premium. That was a minatage 0f 500,000. The 2014 CC set is only 50,000 !!!!! imageimage
  • Options
    I had a few folks on a waiting list for sets that I could not fill as one party took 1,000 from me. I can use more fresh sets to help out a couple other guys if anyone knows where any are?

There is some proof that this is a little different than the other "flips" that are often described as "pump and dump" products.

Wondercoin
  • Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭
    image Mitch

The results of Sold and Current Listings for BINs and Auctions under the search string:

"2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN AND CURRENCY SET" - Yields these results:

12-14-2014 at 4PM Sunday showed 172 sold (cumulative) and 47 listings for sales

12-16-2014 at 1:15 4PM Tuesday showed 198 Sold (cumulative) and 44 listings for sale or
    (26 Units sold during the time from Sunday to Tuesday)

12-22-2014 at 10 AM showed 260 sold (cumulative) and 39 listings for sale or
    (62 Units sold during the time from Tuesday to 12-22-2014)

12-27-2014 at 2 PM EST showed 306 sold (cumulative) and 29 listings for sale or
    (46 Units sold during the time from 12-22-2014 to 12-27-2014 )

Supply for these in the RAW are drying up a bit, IMHO.
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    Not enough demand from collectors of sacs or Native American dollars
    Too many hoards, most likely in the hands of novices who know only one
    Sale venue--eBay
    These two factors will most likely keep the raw sets in the sub 40 range
    For quite a while
  • Options

<< <i>These two factors will most likely keep the raw sets in the sub 40 range
    For quite a while >>

Which is a huge profit already.

Like I said this one is different.

Because this coin is Inexpensive (all collectors can afford this rare coin), very low mintage, very cool design, there will always be a very nice premium on these.

In the long run, IMO these go much higher.
  • Options

<< <i>Not enough demand from collectors of sacs or Native American dollars
    >>

My guess is that most of the sac / native american dollar collectors DON'T even KNOW about this coin yet image
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i><< These two factors will most likely keep the raw sets in the sub 40 range For quite a while >> Which is a huge profit already. Like I said this one is different. >>

Took the words right out of my mouth....like a tad under 3 times issue price would really suck....image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Mr. Sunshine you ain't >>

Yet he continues to tout the gold Kennedy coin, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Because this coin is Inexpensive (all collectors can afford this rare coin), very low mintage, very cool design, there will always be a very nice premium on these.

In the long run, IMO these go much higher. >>

I think they can go higher, but not by a huge amount.

My basis for comparison is the 1998-S uncirculated silver Kennedy half, which was issued only as part of a commem set. Mintage was about 62,000. Many collectors do not consider it a necessary part of a "complete" set of Kennedys, and it is easily available in a TPG holder at around $200.

Yes the design of the "enhanced" Sac is very cool, but it looks even cooler on the 2014-S proof.

The mintage of the 2014-D "enhanced" Sac is lower than that of the 1998-S silver Kennedy, but the Sac is also a much less popular series. Kennedy halves available on eBay outnumber Sac and Native American dollars by more than 4 to 1.

So I suspect that the "enhanced" Sac (except in very high grades) will peak at well under $200 per coin.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I have only bought 43 coins, so it won't break me if this coin is not popular. I have taken a bath on other coins worse than this. Guess we will see in a couple of years.

If they stop the sac series, it probably won't bode well for the coin, but being that it is a native American coin, I don't think it would be politically correct to end the series.
  • Options
  • Options
    So, it sounds as though we might have to settle for only tripling or quadrupling our investment in these raw sets. Bummer.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the obverse work I would have done differently, but the reverse of this looks better than the proof to me.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Fractions a glass 1/2 full.image
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    I ordered--and received--3 of these very late, and really like the coin a lot. Very disappointed with the bill. If it had been anything at all special, this set would really be something, but as is, it's very nice.
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    The bill is just a dollar off coupon image
  • Options

<< <i>The bill is just a dollar off coupon image >>

That you can sell for more than a dollar without too much trouble image
  • Options
    Once you factor is selling costs you are not looking at 3x
    More like 2-2.25x
    Not bad, but you better have at least several hundred to make it worth it
    Otherwise, not worth getting involved, it could easily sink at any time
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not enough demand from collectors of sacs or Native American dollars >>

Here we go again. Seems like many seasoned collectors have chimed in thinking otherwise.

No one thinks these are moon'ers but seems there is plenty of enthusiasm here for a new collectable that may jazzz the series.

Why rain on this parade?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i> No one thinks these are moon'ers but seems there is plenty of enthusiasm here for a new collectable that may jazzz the series. >>

I agree...and just wish there was a 2015 Coin & Currency set on the schedule
  • Options
    Any more updates? How are sale's?

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any more updates? How are sale's? >>

Last reported sales (last week) totaled 50,000 which is the issue limit for this set.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    JOsborneJOsborne Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    "A Certificate of Authenticity is printed on the package and a sleeve is included."

That's my favorite part.

For something that costs $13.95. You know, as opposed to the $10.95 piece of crap you might confuse it with.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HSN finally has these
    798 ANACS FDOI (?) EU69 Sac (and I assume the rest of the set) $129.95

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    A tad late to the party as the market for graded material seems mid flood stage. Regardless, HSN has there normal audience to peddle their wares which are at this time way over market.
  • Options

<< <i>HSN finally has these
    798 ANACS FDOI (?) EU69 Sac (and I assume the rest of the set) $129.95 >>

If you noticed the price has gone up on ebay, because of HSN I'm guessing. You can watch the 7 min. they were on tv go to their site. They were seriously pumping these things! LOL
  • Options
    I highly doubt that HSN's anacs promotion has sparked the market and with the exception of the one on top prices seem 50% less.

LINK to 69 Sales
  • Options
    Raws are in the 40's today. I am not talking about graded

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file