Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What do you guy's think it will sell for or shuld it sell for? image

I'm thinking $5K to $10K. >>

I'm thinking under $1k... the pop reports are showing roughly 500-600 coins graded so far with 3 of them getting 70 (2 position A, 1 position B). Lots more probably already at PCGS being graded and lots more likely to come. There will almost certainly be more 70s to come...

I'm actually shocked PCGS 69s are getting over $100... some up to around $200!!! 69 is not that hard to get on these... Looking at the pops so far roughly 80-85% of the coins are getting MS69 so that is the norm.

• Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Raw sets may be going for more $ based on the sale of this Dandy N. A. $.
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>PCGS MS70 on eBay listed at $150k or best offer... might need to send mine in for grading after all image

If it were a pop 1 coin... maybe that wouldn't as silly to list such a high price... but it's currently a pop 2 (with likely more to come) image

Link to eBay >>

That's one of our guys listings...Way to go Jessewvuimage
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Are there album type holders for PCGS Slabs? This enhanced coin has inspired me to start a collection of Sacks and
    NA $1's. The cornerstone of my collection will be the 2000 PCGS MS67 I bought from Legend ( now thats one rare coin ).
    Im not obsessed enough to blow cash on MS/PRF 70 , I suppose much less will fulfill my needs.
  • Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are there album type holders for PCGS Slabs? This enhanced coin has inspired me to start a collection of Sacks and
    NA $1's. The cornerstone of my collection will be the 2000 PCGS MS67 I bought from Legend ( now thats one rare coin ).
    Im not obsessed enough to blow cash on MS/PRF 70 , I suppose much less will fulfill my needs. >>

I like and use these ... Encapslab by Lighthouse
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mint finally acknowledged the four sets I returned. I asked for replacements. I got a refund. Oh well, after giving a few away at Christmas, I still have another score sets I'm gonna put away, I think.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I would rather buy a cheerios sac for 10K than this MS 70.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would rather buy a cheerios sac for 10K than this MS 70. >>

So spot on! Could not agree more.

I was hoping that Mitch got the first 70! Hopefully he'll get number 3.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>I would rather buy a cheerios sac for 10K than this MS 70. >>

I know that this is very much OT for this thread but...does anyone know what the Cheerios Sacs were selling for shortly after discovery? I was not much into coins when they were "discovered." Thanks.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>... the pop reports are showing roughly 500-600 coins graded so far with 3 of them getting 70 (2 position A, 1 position B). Lots more probably already at PCGS being graded and lots more likely to come. >>

Three PCGS 70's out of 500 coins equates to 300 70's out of the total mintage of 50,000. Or 150 for each position. Reduce that number for coins that were prescreened and rejected before submission to the TPG services, for owners that intend to keep their sets intact, and for those submitting to other TPG services. I'll be surprised if the total number of PGCS 70's, Positions A and B combined, reaches triple digits.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Failed logic

It assumes those 500 came from exactly 500 worth submitting and not 5000

Single digits 70s

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illini. That "80%" is deceiving. For example, I carefully screened 297 sets in my early submissions and submitted less than (80) coins in total. So, 217+ of mine in lesser grades are not in the pop report because PCGS never got the coins. You get the point.

Raufus. Thank you for the good wishes. More than 80% of my First Strike submitted coins are not even graded yet. If I do not slab a number of 70's from those I will be disappointed.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Illini. That "80%" is deceiving. For example, I carefully screened 297 sets in my early submissions and submitted less than (80) coins in total. So, 217+ of mine in lesser grades are not in the pop report because PCGS never got the coins. You get the point.

Wondercoin >>

Totally... thanks for the clarification. Will be interesting to see the pop reports settle a bit after submissions of the sealed boxes start now that the First Strike deadline has passed. Good luck in getting some 70s!

• Options
    I know that this is very much OT for this thread but...does anyone know what the Cheerios Sacs were selling for shortly after discovery? I was not much into coins when they were "discovered." Thanks.

If I remember not for much. At around $2500 I think. I remember some threads way back then, not sure if they can be located.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Are there album type holders for PCGS Slabs? This enhanced coin has inspired me to start a collection of Sacks and
    Im not obsessed enough to blow cash on MS/PRF 70 , I suppose much less will fulfill my needs. >>

I like and use these ... Encapslab by Lighthouse >>

Hey thanks for that lead. These album pages are going to make me a much more active participant in the market. I've had it
    with buying Coins over the net (except for US Mint ), but I suppose I'll start attending the larger shows in Metro Detroit.
    I'll be working on Ikes, SBA's, Sackies and the Native Americans $1's. Also at a slower pace, my classic type and classic
    Commemorative type sets.
  • Options
    I remember this thread from 2005

Cheerios Sac Pattern

Page 6 one sold for $2500.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the info guys.

Rooting for you Mitch!!! I hope to see a happy 70 post from you. You certainly deserve it :-)

BTW, re: the seller of the 70's comments: "Do I think the coin will sell for the Buy It Now price, NO, but it's fun to list something with such a big number! However, given the rarity of this coin, I figured I would consider serious offers. If the coin ends up selling for $200, that's great!" I offered him $500 which he promptly turned down. So much for "if it ends up selling for $200, that's great!"

Edited: The following is a note from the seller w/the decline offer notice:

"Thank you for your offer. I'm still getting quite a few offers on this coin and they are still going up. I may just list this in a 10 day auction instead of trying to pick an offer that's reasonable for this coin. I don't know it's value. Regards"

This will be interesting to watch. Seems like a very solid seller w/a long history of numismatic sales. He really lucked out with the 70.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks so much for the info guys.

Rooting for you Mitch!!! I hope to see a happy 70 post from you. You certainly deserve it :-)

BTW, re: the seller of the 70's comments: "Do I think the coin will sell for the Buy It Now price, NO, but it's fun to list something with such a big number! However, given the rarity of this coin, I figured I would consider serious offers. If the coin ends up selling for $200, that's great!" I offered him $500 which he promptly turned down. So much for "if it ends up selling for $200, that's great!" >>

The coin isn't "rare", as stated, either. The coin has a "condition rarity" due to the plastic and slab label. All hype for the $$$

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>I remember this thread from 2005

Cheerios Sac Pattern

Page 6 one sold for $2500. >>

I wish that I was in the game then. I would really love one of these. A bridge too far at present.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any more 70 graded? Any sold? Who is selling on the bay? Any one. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    Anyone have an update, I'm still on backorder?
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    I think they are sold out I would move on. They are selling in PCGS MS69 holders for around $160+ and $250+ a pair Type 'A' and 'B', Raw $40 to $50 a set.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Type2, I see that you responded, but I am unable to get the last page. Do you know the trick to getting it? If so, please PM me. Thank you.
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

<< <i>Anyone have an update, I'm still on backorder? >>

Me too, if they are sold out I wish they would say so, so I could "MOVE ON"image
  • Options

<< <i>Any more 70 graded? Any sold? Who is selling on the bay? Any one. image >>

I had 180 sets sealed in the boxes on eBay... ended up selling them off eBay to a local dealer instead of playing the grading game. I had an email into PCGS regarding bulk grading that never got answered so helped make that decision a little easier... oh well.
  • Options
    Anyone still shipping?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Any more 70 graded? Any sold? Who is selling on the bay? Any one. image >>

I had 180 sets sealed in the boxes on eBay... ended up selling them off eBay to a local dealer instead of playing the grading game. I had an email into PCGS regarding bulk grading that never got answered so helped make that decision a little easier... oh well. >>

That's sad. They are so far behind I guess new business doesn't matter at this point. I can't believe my order from December 2nd still hasn't been touched. I suspect many thousands of these coins are sitting waiting to be graded yet.
  • Options
    I see one from NGC ms70. Sold for $10,000.00 HOLY COW !!!!
    Was sold on eBay

As for me I'm happy with my ms69 that I paid 49 bucks for , I just like the coin and always like anything that is Native American.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭
    12/4... stuck in backorder status
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>12/4... stuck in backorder status >>

No kidding. Same with my order of 12/11. I wonder if I'll ever see it?

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here -- my kids have about 5 sets still showing b/o status. Would be good to know if they will SHIP OR NOT!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I see one from NGC ms70. Sold for $10,000.00 HOLY COW !!!!
    Was sold on eBay

As for me I'm happy with my ms69 that I paid 49 bucks for , I just like the coin and always like anything that is Native American. >>

Amazing huh? What happened to Jesse's PCGS MS70 for $150K?

Nice to hear from a Native American coin collector here -- there has been posts on this thread claiming there aren't any! (I'm with ya)
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Is any one sending there box's in or are they just selling them raw? or are you sitting on them. image I sent in 26 picked coins sold 40+ raw and holding 200 in box's.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Thanks to MsMorrisine and Type 2 for the help with the page. I recently did a "live chat" about the order. They will only say you will see the charge on your credit card when Mint decides to fill. Strange way to do business.
  • Options
    My 69 is a 70

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is any one sending there box's in or are they just selling them raw? or are you sitting on them. image I sent in 26 picked coins sold 40+ raw and holding 200 in box's. >>

I've got 10, raw, unopened and FS eligible.
    Conundrum for me is I want to keep 3-4, raw, for myself and my son, but if I open the box, they are no longer FS eligible.
    I really don't want to pay to send them in, hence the conundrum.

So, I open them, and lose FS for the ones I sell.
    Or, I sell them all and have to pay for possibly picked over ones (may be better or worse than my own...since I haven't opened my box) at the higher rate.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is any one sending there box's in or are they just selling them raw? or are you sitting on them. image I sent in 26 picked coins sold 40+ raw and holding 200 in box's. >>

I've got 10, raw, unopened and FS eligible.
    Conundrum for me is I want to keep 3-4, raw, for myself and my son, but if I open the box, they are no longer FS eligible.
    I really don't want to pay to send them in, hence the conundrum.

So, I open them, and lose FS for the ones I sell.
    Or, I sell them all and have to pay for possibly picked over ones (may be better or worse than my own...since I haven't opened my box) at the higher rate..... >>

Maybe we can work some thing out Ck your PM.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took it down because I could not respond to all the offers. My work has me unavailable for most of the day right now and I've been getting some nasty messages as well. Apparently people are very unhappy that I have this coin or are unhappy I could not respond to an offer on 5 minutes.
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    I sold my NGC SP 70 EF for a grand and change.
  • Options

<< <i>I see one from NGC ms70. Sold for $10,000.00 HOLY COW !!!!
    Was sold on eBay

As for me I'm happy with my ms69 that I paid 49 bucks for , I just like the coin and always like anything that is Native American. >>

What a score for the seller - a virtual lottery win. Unreal.
  • Options
    dragondragon Posts: 4,548 ✭✭

<< <i>

Same here -- my kids have about 5 sets still showing b/o status. Would be good to know if they will SHIP OR NOT! >>

From customer service at the mint regarding back orders: (translation: don't hold your breath)

<<< Due to overwhelming demand, the product reached its production limit in sales quickly. The United States Mint accepted a limited number of orders on a waiting list in the event that products became available due to order cancellations. Waiting list orders are not guaranteed and are only fulfilled if inventory becomes available. At this time, we can only confirm that your order is on the waiting list. As we continue to process orders for the American $1 Coin and Currency Set, there may be cancellations that allow us to fulfill some portion of the waiting list orders. Although you may have received an order confirmation and backorder communications, these should not have been taken as a guarantee that your order would be fulfilled. If you no longer would like the American $1 Coin and Currency Set you may request to have your wait listed order cancelled. Should we be able to fulfill your order, you will receive a shipping confirmation notification from us once your order has been shipped. If your order will not be processed, you will receive an order cancellation notification confirming this when your order is cancelled from our system. >>>
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see one from NGC ms70. Sold for $10,000.00 HOLY COW !!!! Was sold on eBay >>

Actual sale price was 2K

Rare 2014-D Enhanced Finish Sacagawea $1 FR SP70/NGC From Coin And Currency Set
    (no subtitle)
    Fixed-Price/BIN
    [similar items]
    Time Left: 0s
    Completed Listing
    –—–»»–—–»» { See Active Listings Similar to this Item... } ««–—–««–—–

Seller:
    ericwapg727[efb][bh]

View Count:
    Watch Count:
    (unavailable)*
    Start Time:
    Thursday, 08-Jan-15 04:52:53 UTC
    End Time:
    Tuesday, 13-Jan-15 17:46:56 UTC (2.71 days ago)
    Current Bid/Price (USD):
    $ 10,000.00
    Best Offer Enabled
    Sold For (USD):
    $ 2,000.00
  • Options
    Another ten days later .. still no coins back from PCGS myself. Maybe next week.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>Another ten days later .. still no coins back from PCGS myself. Maybe next week.

Wondercoin >>

Same here i don't have many in for grading on the this one. This is your 2nd order right? is it a big one?

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Type 2 ... Yes, second order of any substance. A big enough order that it needed to be broken down on a couple submission invoices.

Wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>Type 2 ... Yes, second order of any substance. A big enough order that it needed to be broken down on a couple submission invoices.

Wondercoin >>

LOL image You loged ea coin per line.... image You got me on that one. Wish you the best hope you get some 70's to offset the rest this get pricey after a bit..

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    Grades are finally in from PCGS... All 69's...positions A and B
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

<< I see one from NGC ms70. Sold for $10,000.00 HOLY COW !!!! Was sold on eBay >>

Actual sale price was 2K

Rare 2014-D Enhanced Finish Sacagawea $1 FR SP70/NGC From Coin And Currency Set
    (no subtitle)
    Fixed-Price/BIN
    [similar items]
    Time Left: 0s
    Completed Listing
    –—–»»–—–»» { See Active Listings Similar to this Item... } ««–—–««–—–

Seller:
    ericwapg727[efb][bh]

View Count:
    Watch Count:
    (unavailable)*
    Start Time:
    Thursday, 08-Jan-15 04:52:53 UTC
    End Time:
    Tuesday, 13-Jan-15 17:46:56 UTC (2.71 days ago)
    Current Bid/Price (USD):
    $ 10,000.00
    Best Offer Enabled
    Sold For (USD):
    $ 2,000.00

Thanks I did not see that , still crazy money.
    I just like the design and finish. But would not pay for a 70 , would rather spend it on something else.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Now there's this: Missing Edge Devices error What's next? Double Edge Devices error?

(l8-)>>

• Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭
    Whelp, I'd say this will open up some of those sealed sets.

Everyone loves a Treasure Hunt!

I wonder how many of us actually looked at the Edges?
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file