Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    If any cares to know, this order moved to processed today

Order Placed: Dec 11, 2014
    Order Status: Being Processed
    Order Number: USM027xxxxx

Maybe some of those missing edge letter coins in there....
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mas3387,

That's good to hear. Perhaps there's still hope for my order placed at 10:45 p.m. on Dec. 11. I just checked, and it's still on hold.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Now there's this: Missing Edge Devices error What's next? Double Edge Devices error? >>

Hmmm, should go for....$$$
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>mas3387,

That's good to hear. Perhaps there's still hope for my order placed at 10:45 p.m. on Dec. 11. I just checked, and it's still on hold.

Jim >>

Would be nice if the 12/4 orders would move to "processing"!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Now there's this: Missing Edge Devices error What's next? Double Edge Devices error? >>

Very cool. Wonder what that will bring and how many more will be found.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Edgar for the report on another cool twist to this species! Will have to look again at my cache.

So another PCGS MS70 FS is posted today for only $25,000 obo on the bay.

I think we will be seeing a few more of these as our host catches up with their backlog of many. I have a hard time thinking these will end up much more than $5k if they remain in small numbers.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Finally 4 sets processing from Dec. 4th. One set from Dec. 11th still back ordered.
  • Options
    Mint just charged me for my order of 12/11/2014

I had given up on that one.
  • Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    I'd given up on my 4 Dec orders but they dinged my card today. Another interesting ride courtesy of the Mint.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    non-FS sets bringing 40+ on the bay
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>non-FS sets bringing 40+ on the bay >>

I'm good with that.

I may have to paw through these in case some lettering is missing.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, my card just got dinged for my last order, which I thought was a lost cause.

Cool of the mint to offer me more free money.

My sets have sold for over $50 each on ebay.
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    Received notice that 12/4 order shipped. 12/11 still on backorder, same as above poster noted.
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Be cool if NGC could encapsulate the entire OGP with a missing edge lettering like the Presidential Dollar Series.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All most as good as a tax refund. Good for all of you that made it in at the wire. image They are pulling some good $$$ for a small mint price with a small mintage and a special finish coin it should hold and 50k is low. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    My 12-10 order of five sets shipped today. I can't believe it. Almost don't care anymore.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    My ten sets ordered on 12-4-14 are now listed as shipped - smart post , maybe I'll actually see these one day soon.
    I'd given them up for dead. The Mint is acting so strange these days.

And the Mint probably forgot to put the edge lettering on all ten of them.

One can hope they did, anyway.

• Options
    4 sets shipped 1/30/15 from Dec.4 order.
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    12/11 order moved to "processing" from "backorder." I must need a life, I have gotten too much fun out of anticipating their arrival. Hoping all the "balls aren't deflated" on arrival.
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭
    12/12 order is processing now. Should ship early next week. Probably 5 crappy coins with no edge lettering image Never figured I'd get this order.

Order Placed: 12/12/14

Order Status: PROCESSING

Order Number: USM02803xxx
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the bills will be sequential ??? image
  • Options
    I wonder if the bills will be sequential ?? That might tell us if they are returns or not. Also Dec.11th order for one processing.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    My day one order did not have sequential bills...
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If any cares to know, this order moved to processed today

Order Placed: Dec 11, 2014
    Order Status: Being Processed

Maybe some of those missing edge letter coins in there.... >>

Mas, Just curious... How were these sets compared to all your earlier ones?
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I also gave up on my 12/11 order and just checked and it was on hold. I called to correct card number and all is good now.

:-)

Joe
  • Options
    Two 12/4 orders, 02765XXX, shipped today. That didn't take tooooooo long.
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    The coin without edge lettering is for auction at Great Collections. Not mine.
    2014-D Sacagawea Dollar Coin without edge lettering

2014 Sacagawea Dollar Coin in MS70 PCGS for auction at Great Collections. Not mine.
    2014 Sacagawea Dollar MS70 PCGS

edited for typos.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 4 sets sitting in the back and bottom of the closet....Ho hum...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    Raw sets are creeping up. Last few sold in the $46-54 range.....image
  • Options

<< <i>My 4 sets sitting in the back and bottom of the closet....Ho hum... >>

...with all your other 2014 moderns that have appreciated 250%? Wish I had ordered a few hundred more "Ho hum's"
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder if the bills will be sequential ?? That might tell us if they are returns or not. Also Dec.11th order for one processing. >>

I returned four sets with big scratches on the obverse. If you get a scratched coin, post the FRN SN. I should be able to confirm it's one of my returns... image

I wanted replacements, I got a refund. image
  • Options
    My 2 - 5 set orders from 12-4-14 are on the way. Shipping FedEx Smartpost in snowy conditions - might take a while to get
    to me here in Dumptroit.

Ordering modern junk seems to be such a better deal than getting something like an MS64 $20 Liberty from a top tier Dealer
    that later shows putty.

I would mention the ratts name butttttttttt ......... not in the mood for a harassing legal siege.
  • Options
    The coin without edge lettering is for auction at Great Collections. Not mine.

Current bid $5200. Maybe rarer than the cheerios sac but for $5200 not sure if I wouldn't want the cheerios pattern.
  • Options
    If any of the 10 sets on their way should turn out to be plain edge, or if any of the 32 already in hand were plain edged, what
    would be the best strategy to deal with them?

It seems unlikely only 1 plain edge could exist. If any more turned up, surely the value would drop.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool sitting on mine for a bit to see where they go. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    I sold a box of 8 sealed for $400 a few days ago. I am going to put away my other 34 sealed sets for now, half of which were paid for from the profit of selling the box of 8.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    12/12 order shipped today 2/3/15
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    Dec. 11th of one set shipped today. Last of 5 sets ordered.
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! My order placed at 10:45 p.m. on Dec. 11 has shipped.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mas, Just curious... How were these sets compared to all your earlier ones? >>

Sets finally shipped yesterday.... Tracking says they will arrive Saturday

Order Placed: 12/11/14
    Order Status: SHIPPED
  • Options
    It's great that these previous shipments are now moving, BUT they are driving prices down now with the new lower offers on ebay! $50 was becoming the new base price.

Yeah, no dis' to this poster pls, but just letting the newbs know they can do better...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I sold a box of 8 sealed for $400 a few days ago. I am going to put away my other 34 sealed sets for now, half of which were paid for from the profit of selling the box of 8. >>

Nice!! Congrats. Well done.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>It's great that these previous shipments are now moving, BUT they are driving prices down now with the new lower offers on ebay! $50 was becoming the new base price.

Yeah, no dis' to this poster pls, but just letting the newbs know they can do better... >>

It doesn't seem that the recently shipped orders are of sufficient quantity to force a decrease in price. I haven't seen anyone mention that their order of 100 sets from 12/4 just shipped...mostly 2-5 sets each.....and most of these orders haven't been in the buyers hands long enough to generate completed sales.

Just an ebb and flow of the market....$47, 45, 41 last few sold....probably hang in the $43-45 range for a while
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It's great that these previous shipments are now moving, BUT they are driving prices down now with the new lower offers on ebay! $50 was becoming the new base price.

Yeah, no dis' to this poster pls, but just letting the newbs know they can do better... >>

It doesn't seem that the recently shipped orders are of sufficient quantity to force a decrease in price. I haven't seen anyone mention that their order of 100 sets from 12/4 just shipped...mostly 2-5 sets each.....and most of these orders haven't been in the buyers hands long enough to generate completed sales.

Just an ebb and flow of the market....$47, 45, 41 last few sold....probably hang in the $43-45 range for a while >>

Back to normal...last 3 sold for $50, $49, $55 and a sealed box of 10 sold for $650
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting this whole issue to buyers seemed like a lesson in tooth pulling that was never quite finished - well, maybe not quite as much pain involved but definitely slow....
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received mine through a DEAL constructed through the private message function at this website.
    I think we made a fair enough trade. It was fine for me. I hope it was as good for him, too.
    Moral of this story : One good turn deserves another , or two.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The coin without edge lettering is for auction at Great Collections. Not mine.

Current bid $5200. Maybe rarer than the cheerios sac but for $5200 not sure if I wouldn't want the cheerios pattern. >>

I'll take the cheerios pattern if you don't want it. image … for $5200. Make it an MS 69, would ya ?
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    never thought i would see this 12/12 order
    but i recieved it today.
    figglehorn
  • Options
    I'm not a currency enthusiast, but this listing has something new for the Sac sets --

Stuck Digit C&C Note

The last two digits are taller than others.

After a quick look, it appears these have some attraction by collectors. Does two stuck digits make for anything worthy?
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last two digits look fine to me. The "2" (third digit from right) appears to be low.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file