Home Sports Talk
Options

College Football 2018

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

SABAN's best team ever they said. ESPN LOL.

Only 2 ACC teams ranked in final AP poll. Ouch!

1 Clemson 15-0 1,525(61)
    2 Alabama 14-1 1,462
    3 Ohio State 13-1 1,364
    4 Oklahoma 12-2 1,356
    5 Notre Dame 12-1 1,286
    6 LSU 10-3 1,119
    7 Georgia 11-3 1,103
    7 Florida 10-3 1,103
    9 Texas 10-4 1,076
    10 Washington State 11-2 959
    11 UCF 12-1 898
    12 Kentucky 10-3 820
    13 Washington 10-4 806
    14 Michigan 10-3 745
    15 Syracuse 10-3 683
    16 Texas A&M 9-4 552
    17 Penn State 9-4 492
    18 Fresno State 12-2 466
    19 Army 11-2 418
    20 West Virginia 8-4 296
    21 Northwestern 9-5 284
    22 Utah State 11-2 188
    23 Boise State 10-3 184
    24 Cincinnati 11-2 171
    25 Iowa 9-4

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

this was an embarrassing loss that will be hard to live with until September.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, we got Purdued by Clemson..... :#

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to Clemson. It appears they will be very good for a long time.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brick said:
    Congratulations to Clemson. It appears they will be very good for a long time.

Definitely glad they beat ‘Bama but I’d like to see other teams in there next season

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@garnettstyle said:

@orioles93 said:
    Dabo Swinney may be my favorite college football coach that doesn't coach my favorite team. He is a difficult person to dislike.

Are you kidding? The guy is a complete idiot and they run a dirty program.

Explain.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    We got our ass whooped, no excuses..... :'(

Congrats to Dabo and Clemson, they came to play. They beat our ass and made us like it.

I was rooting for your team but some nights stuff just doesn't go your way. I like how you accept it without 100 excuses like some soar losers do when their teams lose. It sucks but dust yourself off and you know Alabama will be top 5 next season again! Good luck!

• Options

FWIW:
    Odds To Win 2020 National Championship At Westgate SuperBook
    TEAM JAN. 7 ODDS
    Clemson Tigers +180
    Alabama Crimson Tide +250
    Ohio State Buckeyes 12-1
    Georgia Bulldogs 12-1
    Michigan Wolverines 14-1
    Oklahoma Sooners 15-1
    Texas Longhorns 20-1
    Nebraska Cornhuskers 25-1
    Washington Huskies 25-1
    Florida Gators 25-1
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish 25-1

• Options

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just take a look at Alabama and Clemson’s schedules for the 2019 season. What a joke. Especially Clemson’s. No wonder they both lose a max of 1 game a year.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

@orioles93 said:
    Just take a look at Alabama and Clemson’s schedules for the 2019 season. What a joke. Especially Clemson’s. No wonder they both lose a max of 1 game a year.

Just take a look at the elite BIG10 teams schedules next year. What a joke. Especially Penn State and OSU. No wonder they have been left out the last two years.

• Options

Clemson's 2 toughest games next year are Texas A&M at home and I guess Syracuse on the road. Alabama plays Texas A&M and Miss St on the road and LSU at home. PSU plays Michigan at home and Michigan St and Ohio St on the road. OSU plays at Nebraska, and Michigan and is home against Penn State and Wisconsin. OSU and PSU play the tougher big games. Did you even look at the schedules?

What I Collect:

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019 5:18AM

Alabama and Penn St have cake non conference schedules. OSU has Cincy. Clemson has Texas A&M at home. Not bad. Moral of the story don’t lose a game don’t lose a game to a lesser foe by 30

I see Clemson picks up ND in 2020.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Alabama and Penn St have cake non conference schedules. OSU has Oregon on the road. Not bad. Clemson has Texas A&M at home. Not bad. Moral of the story don’t lose a game

I see Clemson picks up ND in 2020.

m

PSU atleast has a legit reason for the cake non conference schedule. 2019 is the last season that was mostly scheduled while they were still under penalties from the scandal. They scheduled easy non conference games because they thought they would still be under scholarship reductions therefore they were trying to win as many games as possible (at the time they scheduled these games, people thought PSU would be lucky to win 6ish games a year for over a decade). If you think your school is still going to be dealing with penalties and not as competitive, you’re not going to schedule Oklahoma or Texas or Notre Dame just to make things worse on yourself. That’s why once the penalties were reduced they started picking up better non con games for after 2019 such as VT, WV and auburn.

What I Collect:

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

@orioles93 said:

Just take a look at the elite BIG10 teams schedules next year. What a joke. Especially Penn State and OSU. No wonder they have been left out the last two years.

Ya but they do have to play Purdue and Iowa most years and we know how dangerous they can be! Just be thankful Alabama doesn't have to face that gauntlet every year!

• Options
    edited January 11, 2019 12:46AM

@orioles93 said:
    Clemson's 2 toughest games next year are Texas A&M at home and I guess Syracuse on the road. Alabama plays Texas A&M and Miss St on the road and LSU at home. PSU plays Michigan at home and Michigan St and Ohio St on the road. OSU plays at Nebraska, and Michigan and is home against Penn State and Wisconsin. OSU and PSU play the tougher big games. Did you even look at the schedules?

Yeah, I looked at the schedules, next year,
    OSU plays 2 teams from this years final AP Top 20 Poll, Michigan and Penn State.
    Penn State plays 2, Michigan and OSU.
    Bama plays 2, A&M and LSU.
    Clemson plays 2, A&M and Syracuse.

You're the one that said "Just take a look at Alabama and Clemson’s schedules for the 2019 season. What a joke."
    They look about the same to me.

NEBRASKA??? Heck, Troy State beat them in Lincoln last year.

• Options
    edited January 10, 2019 11:20PM

@Bullsitter said:

@orioles93 said:

Penn state and OSU play the Citadel?

Its the sec and acc that should be left out. Those 2 conferences play less power fives than the BIG.

• Options
    edited January 10, 2019 11:33PM

@larryallen73 said:

@Bullsitter said:

@orioles93 said:

Ya but they do have to play Purdue and Iowa most years and we know how dangerous they can be! Just be thankful Alabama doesn't have to face that gauntlet every year!

Kinda like Clemson losing to a 4-8 team last year. A case of Clemsoning? And Bama losing to Ole Miss 2 straight years ;)

• Options

OHIO STATE plays FOUR teams that finished in the final AP top 25

Michigan, Penn State, Northwestern, and Cincinnati

Alabama plays the mighty New Mexico state and western Carolina.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2019 4:58AM

@garnettstyle said:
    OHIO STATE plays FOUR teams that finished in the final AP top 25

Michigan, Penn State, Northwestern, and Cincinnati

Alabama plays the mighty New Mexico state and western Carolina.

I’m not sure what playing teams that finished in 2018’s top 25 even means I’m 2019. FWIW Alabama played a tougher 2018 schedule.

Regardless OSU toughest game according to last year will be #14 Michigan.

Alabama at least plays a top ten team
    from 2018.

I noticed you mentioned Alabama plays West Carolina and New Mexico State . That’s true. Doesn’t OSU play the mighty Miami of Ohio and Florida Atlantic next year? That’s also true. Everyone plays cupcakes unfortunately.

You are cordially invited to quit your whining and excuse making and leave 2018 behind and join us in the 2019 thread.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......