Home Sports Talk
Options

2018 NFL Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,557 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m confused why Baker Mayfield is punking off Hue Jackson? The guy got fired and was offered a job by his buddy in Cincy, I totally understand Mayfield being annoyed with him for saying he wanted to draft Wentz but calling him out after the game for accepting a job with the Bengals after the guy was fired and sitting at home seems idiotic.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2018 5:05AM

@perkdog said:
    I’m confused why Baker Mayfield is punking off Hue Jackson? The guy got fired and was offered a job by his buddy in Cincy, I totally understand Mayfield being annoyed with him for saying he wanted to draft Wentz but calling him out after the game for accepting a job with the Bengals after the guy was fired and sitting at home seems idiotic.

Hue Jackson is an idiot who sucks massively , worst coaching record in history . Destroyed about ten QB's along the way gotta go with Mayfield on this , his career may be over just from accidentally breathing the same air as Hue.

If I was a QB and my name was in the same sentence as Hue's I'd slit my wrists

People on ESPN defending Jackson ? That proves Mayfield is right .

• Options
    edited November 28, 2018 4:46PM

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

Hue Jackson is an idiot who sucks massively , worst coaching record in history . Destroyed about ten QB's along the way gotta go with Mayfield on this , his career may be over just from accidentally breathing the same air as Hue.

If I was a QB and my name was in the same sentence as Hue's I'd slit my wrists

People on ESPN defending Jackson ? That proves Mayfield is right .

My point was I was confused at how Mayfield called him out, if you think about it then Mayfield sounds like a complete idiot. Had he punked him off for holding him back by being the coach then fine but the guy was fired and took a job offer instead of sitting home lol

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2018 11:59AM

Tampa just got done driving the ball down the field for 80 yards. Then they fumble on the goal line and get nothing. It’s why it’s so hard to root for this frustrating team. :s

It’s how you get 500 yards of offense and score less than 20 points.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    Tampa just got done driving the ball down the field for 80 yards. Then they fumble on the goal line and get nothing. It’s why it’s so hard to root for this frustrating team. :s

how does anyone get to be a Tampa fan anyway? Its an awful place , I went down there years ago to visit my retired grandparents and they were saying oh you should go fishing. The water in the ocean is hot , the fish that came out of it were weird smelly things I threw the pole in the water and ran.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:

how does anyone get to be a Tampa fan anyway? Its an awful place , I went down there years ago to visit my retired grandparents and they were saying oh you should go fishing. The water in the ocean is hot , the fish that came out of it were weird smelly things I threw the pole in the water and ran.

Yea, but you don’t have to shovel frost, and that’s as close to snow as we get. Also the theater here gets first rate Broadway road companies, and repertory theater in Sarasota is top notch. The Tampa Airport is great. But the best thing is I never need my winter coat.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2018 1:48PM

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:

Those were old shoes you caught, not fish. Old shoes are often mistaken for catfish or some other weird looking fish by novice anglers.

• Options

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:

Those were old shoes you caught, not fish. Old shoes are often mistaken for catfish or some other weird looking fish by novice anglers.

shoes? They dont wear shoes in florida

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn Giants! The Bears score 10pts in the final 1:13 to put in into OT then the Giants win it on a FG.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:

Florida is over rated. I wouldn't live there if they paid me to!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:

only place worse is texas right? :#

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:

I don't know.....I live in Illinois. :)B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:

You have my condolences. ;)

So why aren’t you a Bears fan?

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:

like you could afford to buy coins paying illinois taxes :D

• Options

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@BillJones said:

You have my condolences. ;)

So why aren’t you a Bears fan?

Just always been a Cowboys fan....there are Cowboys fans in all 50 states.

• Options
  • Options

@erikthredd said:
    Packers just fired Mike McCarthy.

Aaron Rodgers was probably crying that it was all McCarthy’s fault their season is hopeless

• Options

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

Aaron Rodgers was probably crying that it was all McCarthy’s fault their season is hopeless

All of Wisconsin seems to think the sun shines out of Aaron's ass for some reason so once they see the same results next year with a different HC,they'll just blame the new guy.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

All of Wisconsin seems to think the sun shines out of Aaron's ass for some reason so once they see the same results next year with a different HC,they'll just blame the new guy.

They can see he is talented. He is a smart guy too. But he has some sort of ego problem , he wouldnt be the first. To be fair Mccarthy was terrible and should have been sent packing a long time ago

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

Totally agree. I cannot stand Aaron Rodgers.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

They can see he is talented. He is a smart guy too. But he has some sort of ego problem , he wouldnt be the first. To be fair Mccarthy was terrible and should have been sent packing a long time ago

True but Aaron hasn’t been that great with his reads on defenses, it’s bedn talked about how he is basically not seeing guys that are wide open. A few games ago he completely ignored Jimmy Graham being wide open with real estate all around him and instead he took a sack. I’d say Rodgers is partly to blame but your right most of it was McCarthy

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

I definitely agree on Mccarthy and I do agree with all of your description of Arod I just think he's overrated a bit and I wouldn't put him on a Montana/Brady/P.Manning level. He'll have a great regular season comeback and all of a sudden ESPN is comparing him to Michael Jordan. He gets carted off the field vs the Bears but then comes back into the game and makes a big comeback and is compared to Willis Reed or Kirk Gibson. Obviously the cart wasn't necessary.
    As for Mccarthy I'm really surprised he lasted this long. That SB win went a long way in GB.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

True but Aaron hasn’t been that great with his reads on defenses, it’s bedn talked about how he is basically not seeing guys that are wide open. A few games ago he completely ignored Jimmy Graham being wide open with real estate all around him and instead he took a sack. I’d say Rodgers is partly to blame but your right most of it was McCarthy

He's great at getting out of the pocket and making big plays but many times there was no need to get out of the pocket at all. I will say though that he's arguably one of the best athletes at the position ever.

• Options

Mccarthy hasn't even been gone 24hrs and supposedly there are multiple assistant coaches willing to work under Josh McDaniels in GB. I call BS on this one.
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/josh-mcdaniels-green-bay-rumors-picking-including-nfl-assistants-expressing

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Mccarthy hasn't even been gone 24hrs and supposedly there are multiple assistant coaches willing to work under Josh McDaniels in GB. I call BS on this one.
    https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/josh-mcdaniels-green-bay-rumors-picking-including-nfl-assistants-expressing

No way he is going to Green Bay, his wife and kids are settled in Ma or RI, if he didn’t go to Indy he is not going to Green Bay. He is waiting to take over the Pats once Big Bill retired.

• Options
    edited December 4, 2018 8:36AM

Two weeks in a row the Redskins starting QB has ended up on IR,Mark Sanchez better be careful next weekend.

• Options

Anyone need a WR? The Bills cut Kelvin Benjamin today.

• Options

Off topic but would anyone start Jordy Nelson over Stephon Ware in fantasy?? I got both and can’t decide which guy to slide into my Flex position.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great win for KC overcoming some adverisity today. Mahomes is simply flat out terrific.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Mahomes is at 43 touchdowns passes with three games to go,does he get to 55?
    KC has the Chargers,@Seattle then back home with the Raiders to finish the season. Depending on the seeding at that point,they could be resting starters in that Raiders game.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Great win for KC overcoming some adverisity today. Mahomes is simply flat out terrific.

Andy Reid's postgame interview he said except for the pick it was Mahomes' best game of the year.
    The Ravens' brought tremendous pressure and for the most part he handled it. Had to make some
    great plays to pull off that win.

• Options

I am rooting for the Chiefs. They might be the only team who can stop the Rams in the SB.

As for tonight’s game, anyone who thinks that the Bears can beat the Rams is blowing smoke.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

As for tonight’s game, anyone who thinks that the Bears can beat the Rams is blowing smoke.

• Options

Hats off to Chicago!! This was a huge win!

• Options

@BillJones said:
    I am rooting for the Chiefs. They might be the only team who can stop the Rams in the SB.

I certainly missed on that one! Who knew that the Rams offense would never get off the ground?

• Options

Do you want see why I call Kurt Cousins a first rate, second rate quarterback? Check out what he just did inside the five yard line in tonight’s game with the Seahawks in the third quarter. He’s 0-6 in Monday Football games. He’s like the team that consistently fails in the red zone. He can’t win the big one.

• Options

Whoever his agent is, buy that man a cigar for working out that contract.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Big game tonight. I think the Super Chargers will win

• Options

What a game!

• Options

Wow!

• Options

Going for 2 for the W was such a beast of a move. I’m glad it payed off for them, they deserved a win with that call

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@bronco2078 said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

I definitely agree on Mccarthy and I do agree with all of your description of Arod I just think he's overrated a bit and I wouldn't put him on a Montana/Brady/P.Manning level. He'll have a great regular season comeback and all of a sudden ESPN is comparing him to Michael Jordan. He gets carted off the field vs the Bears but then comes back into the game and makes a big comeback and is compared to Willis Reed or Kirk Gibson. Obviously the cart wasn't necessary.
    As for Mccarthy I'm really surprised he lasted this long. That SB win went a long way in GB.

Look how long Garrett has lasted at Dallas! He must have naked pictures of Jones' wife!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

Look how long Garrett has lasted at Dallas! He must have naked pictures of Jones' wife!!

i think i just threw up in my own mouth a little bit

• Options

now that i've rid that highly disturbing visual from my melon, the game last night...

i said earlier this week in the Pats thread that the Chiefs were vulnerable. Mahomes & the offense are the shiznit, but too many people overlook their bottom-fourth defense. couldn't hold on to a 14-pt lead in the 4th at home against a Chargers squad without Melvin Gordon & Keenan Allen? that should worry any KC fan who isn't getting drunk off the kool-aid.

mad props to Anthony Lynn. there was zero hesitation going for 2. wait until they get those two gangstas back in the lineup. imo, they are the best team in LA

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

i think i just threw up in my own mouth a little bit

Jones is an old rich dude , isn't the standard wife for that sort about 22 years old and blonde ?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

Jones is an old rich dude , isn't the standard wife for that sort aren't his 22 mistresses about 22 years old and blonde ?

yes

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@bronco2078 said:

Jones is an old rich dude , isn't the standard wife for that sort aren't his 22 mistresses about 22 years old and blonde ?

yes

If not they should be

• Options

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

@bronco2078 said:

yes

If not they should be

bob Kraft knocked up the 25 year old and bought her a house in Cali or something , the dirty dog :D:D

Oh lets have a moment of silence for poor Myra Kraft :D:D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

@bronco2078 said:

yes

If not they should be

bob Kraft knocked up the 25 year old and bought her a house in Cali or something , the dirty dog :D:D

Oh lets have a moment of silence for poor Myra Kraft :D:D

😂

• Options