Home U.S. Coin Forum

Explain your handle

Comments

• Sanitarium is my favorite Metallica song.
    Inmate is cause I am crazy about coins.
    Couldn't use the _ like my ebay name sanitarium_inmate so I added the 1.
    Real name is just Kris.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm 6' 4" and 370lbs...my son called me that when I registered for an online game...it stuck >>

You on a diet Daddy? Weren't you around 400 lbs early on in this thread? image
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • I live in the 49th state and you have to be in a different mind to live here, plus it's on my back.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm into Morgans image

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • I'm a ceramic artist and cones are used to tell the temperature inside a kiln, when they melt or bend you have reached the desired temp. There are hundreds of different cones that melt at 1200 to 3000 degrees, I use cone 10's and they melt at 2345 degrees (see photo).
    my pottery
    A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

• WDHWDH Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm not too creative, just my initials.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMBRO is for Ambrotype, a type of photograph invented in 1851. now you also know where the 51 comes from.
  • ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother used to race dirt track modified stock cars, and I was on his pit crew, thus ModCrewman, when I signed onto a racing forum back in about 2000, and the name has followed me over here.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    My carry weapon
  • I used to Reenact the American Civil War. image
  • I'm in college (in a long program, will be out in 2014), and I collect coins. I will probably get a new name when I graduate. More importantly I want people (including the lurkers on here) to notice that young people can enjoy collecting coins too even if we don't have the spare time to dedicate to the hobby
    For those that don't know, I am starting pharmacy school in the fall. image
  • It's part of a Map to something SPECIAL.

10 paces north
    13 paces east
    know what you don't know.

hi, i'm tom.

i do not doctor coins like some who post in here.

• fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    like the discount stores. im always looking for a deal.

neither are coins i actively collect.

more so that i have a few datsun 510's, sometimes refered to as a nickel-dime.
    my friend is the editor of "The Dime, Quarterly" about them.

i have a 1971 nickel and dime glued to the ashtray on one.
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • devious. I will say the year of origination is 1992. Before that, I was known as "dragon slayer". Without relaying too much personal information...I ran a BBS from 89-95. image It was my 'SysOp' name and carried over into my Internet life. *grin*
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two Kopeiki as in the Russian equivalent of 2 cents. I like putting my 2 kopeiki in.
  • mine means I keep the change (keepdachange), mostly boxes of halves to roll search . After the last election most people probably think it's a political thing but it's not
    "If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
  • TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww, and I always thought there were 3 sides to a coin... image
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this before.....

'double eagle' because I'm a gold bug.

'double eagle' because I'm a golf bug and actually did get one (a '2' on a par 5). Driver, then 4 iron, then 'kerplunk', on a 490 yard par 5 (about 7 years ago).

'59' is my birth year.

and '59' is the elusive score for a pro golfer.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • apparently it's part of a 1970s dodge truck drive line
    "spot on my UHR, nevermind, I wiped it off"
  • "Scott Gardener" sounds like a real name, and there are people out there named that. But, I'm not one of them. That's the name of a werewolf character in a novel manuscript of mine.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Childhood nick name.
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    chumley was the name of my favorite dog and the cat icon looks exactly like one of my cats minus the helmet
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I collect error coins. >>

Interesting...I thought your name was referring to Gresham's Law.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I collect error coins. >>

Interesting...I thought your name was referring to Gresham's Law. >>

I have heard of Gresham's law but didn't think about it with respect to my handle at all until you mentioned it, but it makes sense.
    A co-worker and friend of many years who knows I collect errors once told me " I don't get it, you are paying good money for bad money?". I thought it was funny and when I decided to stop lurking, and start posting, his comment stuck out in my mind.
  • I owned and operated a residential building construction company.
    For some unknown reason in 1988 A few of the crew started calling me Bossman.

Regards, Larryimage
  • fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good topic!

Fast - for my joy ride 63' Vette 340 HP solid lifter ragtop
    Freddie - my middle name kinda (Frederick)

Could also be what my wife calls me sometimes - image
    It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.

<< <i>chumley was the name of my favorite dog and the cat icon looks exactly like one of my cats minus the helmet >>

And here I thought it was after the character on Pawn Stars!

<< <i>I posted this before.....

'double eagle' because I'm a gold bug.

'double eagle' because I'm a golf bug and actually did get one (a '2' on a par 5). Driver, then 4 iron, then 'kerplunk', on a 490 yard par 5 (about 7 years ago).

'59' is my birth year.

and '59' is the elusive score for a pro golfer. >>

Sweet, I jealous!

• Hmm Sylvestius, well...

It is a Latinate version of Sylvester, which is my user name on just about every other forum.

Where does Sylvester come from? Well two reasons.

1. Sylvester comes from Sylvanus, Roman god of Silvae 'woods'. I live near a wood and i've always like walking in woods/forests. (I like history too).

2. I like cats.

• Liver Lung transplant makes my abs (chest) look like a baseball because of all my stitches.
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Should be obvious. My name is Iridium Fickleploy.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    It's a line of a song about time by Creed. "pieces of me I have lost", with regards to time.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • FullHornFullHorn Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It was a birthday gift.

Russ, NCNE >>

Funny that Russ has the same response on the first page of each thread almost nine years apart
  • HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These should explain my handle.

imageimage

imageimage
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my name and 4 digits from an old phone number. go figure
  • as you can see by my date Ive been here since before day 1, why I never replied to this is
    beyond me, but mine refers to me as a pontiac lover since I was an infant.

to bad they were discontinuedimage

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ttt
    Tempus fugit.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nickname for Julian B.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• I need to change mine to XGFourDriver, but pcgs doesn't accept updates...
  • rawmorganrawmorgan Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Most of the coins, mostly morgans, I've bought have been raw.
  • koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quest for coins-especially die varieties-that's lasted for 50 years.
  • breakdownbreakdown Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A quest for coins-especially die varieties-that's lasted for 50 years. >>

And I always assumed you lived in Florida, as in Coin Key West.image

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Amigo ......... I'm caucasin, but have mostly lived near Mexican immigrants in the midwest and southwest US. I used to work in Central America and were often just called 'Amigo' back in the 70's, but was widely known as 'Colorado' (long o's) because my white skin would burn in the sun causing me to be red usually. I'm very comfortable with the Latin culture. That, and I think of myself as friendly and looking out for my fellow man ..... although that wasn't the case back when I was young.

In hindsight, it was probably a stupid handle to use since most caucasins want nothing to do with what they probably percieve as me being an illegal mexican in the current political climate.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    year i was born and with a diaper fully.........

well you get it
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fivecents play on words for five sense...sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch.
  • LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭✭
    I spend a lot of time in the woods in the Fall and Winter...so inside of Couch Potato I used Log Potato...
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I spend a lot of time in the woods in the Fall and Winter...so inside of Couch Potato I used Log Potato... >>

ttt to show hidden post.

Just add 1 to the last number in address bar to see these hidden posts. This thread will continue this now.
    Tempus fugit.
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nothing special. I just could not decide on a name so it is the first two letters of my first, middle and last name (BE CO KA). Now lets see who can figure out the whole name based on that. image >>

i know, i know!

old thread archive alert warning notifikation

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this post by Stefanie a week or two after her forum sign up.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one word: CB
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file