Home U.S. Coin Forum

Explain your handle

Comments

• csanotescsanotes Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭
    My handle here is the same name I use on ebay..When I first got into the hobby before I found DMPL and toned morgans I exclusively collected currency-notably confederate notes. I still buy the occasional csa note and will always like them. So now you know.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

• Good QuestionimageThe First Part Of Mine is Obviously My Name, Ray. The Second Part, NY2E Is My FCC Issued Call Letters For My Amateur (Ham) Radio Station License. It was Originally Issued When I Lived In New York. Ray in Florida..
  • LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My name is Lee and I (used) to smoke too many bones image
  • percybpercyb Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭✭
    It's the first name and middle initial of the Romantic Poet, Percy Bysshe Shelley, whose work and wits I admire.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    I am a sexy pharmacy tech.

Edited to add: Any ladies out there? hah
  • someone asked me this question once... this was my reply...

SpaceMonkey... Let's See... I love Space and I guess the idea of the Monkeys as the original astronauts is a good link because it's my love of charting uncharted territories... wherever, however, not fearless, but not fearful either... kinda like the monkey... they don't know what the hell they're doing... but hanging on for the ride!!

-sm
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Building a coin collection again after about a 25 year break is part of my mid-life crisis...along with buying the red mustang convertible! image
  • The tres gatos were my big kitty, my little kitty and me.
    Big kitty didn't make it out of 2007 but with my handle she
    will always be remembered.
    molon labe
  • YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    YAHA is my Indian Tribal name.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very very cool thread.....I guess I love GOLD and lots of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • The coolest coins ever were minted in Italy during the reign of King Victor Emmanuel III (VE3).
    Positive transactions with: dontippet, OPA, pragmaticgoat, chumley, CoinCrazyPA, barrytrot, Robb, InternetJunky, farthing, scrapman1077, bushmaster8, jfoot13, Doogy
  • "Petescorner" was already taken, so I just made this crappy name up.
    Member SSOF

• TreemanTreeman Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    Kind of obvious, but my other hobby is amateur Forestry.
  • My alter ego: Victor Thrust - race car driver, adult film star aka: PelVic Thrust
  • USAFRETWIUSAFRETWI Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    United States Air Force Retired and I live in the cheese state
  • ok I'm in ... my wife is from WIsconsin, I am from KentuckY and my son is from VirginiA. Now that I have written it out ... my handle is kinda lame! image
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The coolest coins ever were minted in Italy during the reign of King Victor Emmanuel III (VE3). >>

Welcome aboard.

Those are some very cool coins.
    Tempus fugit.
  • thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When trying to enter a new screen name/handle to register on various internet message boards, I often got the message "This name has already been taken" or something similar, so this time I decided to just cut to the chase and use "thisnamztaken" to get it over with quickly so I could start posting. image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim

<< <i>When trying to enter a new screen name/handle to register on various internet message boards, I often got the message "This name has already been taken" or something similar, so this time I decided to just cut to the chase and use "thisnamztaken" to get it over with quickly so I could start posting. image >>

How ironic that this is a stealth post. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>When trying to enter a new screen name/handle to register on various internet message boards, I often got the message "This name has already been taken" or something similar, so this time I decided to just cut to the chase and use "thisnamztaken" to get it over with quickly so I could start posting. image >>

How ironic that this is a stealth post. image >>

What's a "stealth post"? image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355
    I work the land, phrom dawn to dusk, phor peanuts. Phair enougph?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    An epiphany one day instructed me to build custom doghouses which was only slightly removed from my vocation and included two of my passions. This was before it kind of became a mini-trend among the HGTV clique. Built, did a dog show, everyone ohhed and ahhed but $2800. for a doghouse is a hit and miss proposition. My business name was Dogwood Doghouses. They look great in my backyard. image
    We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.

<< <i>

<< <i>

How ironic that this is a stealth post. image >>

What's a "stealth post"? image >>

Apparently the software here occasionally miscounts the number of posts in
    a thread. When it does this it will still put the proper number of posts on each
    page but there will be a left over that doesn't appear on the last page displayed.

To view such posts you can just highlight the address and add one to the last
    number displayed. It will start a new page for you so the last post is visible.
    Tempus fugit.
  • yevrahyevrah Posts: 143 ✭✭
    yevrah is Harvey backwards.
    yevrah/harvey

ebay ID: 78terp
    ANA # R-3143946

1899 Mint Set
  • headsplitter2headsplitter2 Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    Being I'm of Norwegian ancestary, and my last name is Knutson and having a good imagination,
    and hoping my ancestors were vikings. The vikings would name their weapons, hence my weapon
    would be called Headsplitter2. (Headsplitter was taken).

JD
    "Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner
  • I go by TBONE but when I signed up here it was taken, Hence "THEONLYTBONE".................Real name is Travis.
    Peace and Prosper.............
  • JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭
    I work at Home Depot and my name is........

• spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    I'm "spotthedog"

Years ago we would receive tons of free offers for internet providers. We would get a disk for a few

months free service, and we would try them out. One time we got a new offer,and we wanted to

set the account up,but the service wouldn't allow us to use any part of our first, or last names.

I had had a few beers at that time, and my son asked what we should do. I said try "spotthedog"

I use that name where ever I can.
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMBRO is for Ambrotype, an early photographic process invented in 1851 and used until the mid 1880's. A glass plate positive image done with wet chemicals on glass.

A beautiful photographic process which Ive used for many years in civil war reenactment photography though for the most part today I am a builder of new Wet plate and Daguerreotype cameras. www.geocities.com/starcameracompany
  • I use Options to remind me of the great wealth that can be obtained by trading options. I had a great run and probably returned over 700% a year for a couple years. The number at the end is to remind me to never trade again, because thats how many $10,000 bills I lost on one trade, the final trade I ever made.

Life member of the SSDC
  • Bignorange-

It's my other hobby. Growing Pumpkins, the kind that grow to over 1500 lbs.
  • should be self explanatory.
    I am fascinated by modern varieties. Some proofs have slightly different artwork. If they show up on circulation coins, I find it quite interesting. In that case they are usually more obvious than the average variety and are apt to be scarce. Strangly enough, I do not care much for proofs. To me, a coin to be real must circulate for its face value. NCLT sold at a premium does not interest me.
  • ddbirdddbird Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭
    Birdie was my parents nickname for me...later d-bird (Dan)..and finally ddbird.

• jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭
    its my aol and ebay handle....when i tried to set up a handle on AOL it was taken so I used my first initial and the name of my ancestors from Ireland.
  • My family and friends called me an old sot because
    I drink about 8- 40s of Colt 45 ans a few belts of the
    hard stuff every day. My nickname is now Sotty.
    Well... ...it's been a long time.

Tempus fugit.
  • ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315

<< <i>My name is Lee and I (used) to smoke too many bones image >>

Didn't know you could do that, smoke too many bonesimage

Herb

Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • My Ex girlfriend used to call me Sir Anthony (I’ll spare you the details, kids could be lurking about!) image and the AC part is both my initials and also happens to stand for Antiquities and Collectables as in my EBay name.

• InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    Since it is the second most common PM question I get image...

YHWH is the Hebrew language designation -- meaning "I AM who I AM." (most often translated "LORD" all caps)

G_d means almost anything today, thus a meaningless term without serious further elaboration. Especially since it appears on our coinage.

I chose the handle as inYHWHwetrust, instead of InGodWeTrust, as YHWH is specific, not generic, and Personal, thus we are persons. (and per the WSC Q.4: "...infinite, eternal, unchangeable in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness and truth.")

Don
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine is about the least creative of them all-I use my own name. At least I'm likely to never forget it.

My nickname of "El Camino Billy" was given to me by a friend-I'm a big fan of the Chevy El Camino, and I forgot the password for my name by itself on a model car board I post on so I used it one day when I forgot the password, it's stuck since 2001 or so. Most people refer to me by that, actually.

My username on ebay is "flamingsquirellindustries" A long time ago, we had a power outage because a squirrel chewed through the power lines and apparently caught fire. I said "That poor flaming squirrel" and it's stuck. I'm currently looking for someone to make a Super Bee style logo with a gray squirrel instead. I actually love squirrels though and would keep them as pets if I could. image
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    <Explain your handle>

imageimage

Any questions? image

image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf is the name of a Grateful Dead song I happen to like.

1972 = the year mint set I was included in.
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

• NHS- the high school that I had just become the baseball coach at when I joined the boards (still there). Dizzy- I am glad to see that my guess as to the origins of your handle was
    correct!
    "College men from LSU- went in dumb, come out dumb too..."
    -Randy Newmanimage
  • Just a whacky thing my brother said to me one day, that he was filthy broke.

I don't know where he comes up with some of this stuff!image
  • lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    My last name is Antalek and in 7th grade my friends decided to call me "antalope".
    After about 2 days it got shortened to "Lope" and it stuck ever since, even through college.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • BXBOY143BXBOY143 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭
    fisrt AT toned coin i bought most likely not the last image

-Paul
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the '59' is my birthyear (1959) and also, to us avid golfers, shooting a '59' is as elusive as owning an 1804 silver dollar!!

the 'doubleeagle' obviously is for owning Gold and again, relating to golf, it is scoring a '2' on a par 5 (which I actually did once!! Driver - 4 iron).
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • I love Proof Roosevelts. And I really love Rainbow coins. I guess the name explains it all. image
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in 1999, when I first discovered eBay, I tried to register as cmerlo (my name is Christian Merlo). That username was taken, so I tried cmerlo1, which worked. I later found out that the reason cmerlo was taken was because my aunt Cathy had already registered that name...
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭
    I Coll3ct coins image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file