Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Sub Loggage -- Post yours

Comments

• tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    edited March 5, 2018 9:21AM

delete

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

" THERE ARE MORE THEN TEN CALLERS AHEAD OF YOU"

People starting to get upset?

• 5 Day Turnaround Order --> Received 2/16, Loggage 2/27, No Poppage as of yet
    10 Day Turnaround Order --> Receive 2/16, No Loggage as of yet

** both boxes shipped same day
    ** both received by PSA same day
    ** both boxes marked with the respective service level turnaround time on outside of box.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, you can send multiple orders in one box marked with the fastest turnaround. It's a good way to get slower service orders at least logged faster.

8 callers ahead, 18 minutes

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    FWIW, you can send multiple orders in one box marked with the fastest turnaround. It's a good way to get slower service orders at least logged faster.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Sending bulk in with 10 day orders hasn't seemed to help me. Maybe on premium or express, though.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just imagine what it would be without a 10-day included ;)

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:
    The loggage game I've been playing here is guessing the over/under on which one will happen first: poppage on my October order that was logged 11/14/17; vs. loggage for my January orders that were received Feb 1.

Still nothing on either of these, but as I wait, I do realize how much I'd prefer waiting 4 to 5 months from loggage to poppage in combination with quick loggage of less than 2 weeks after receipt, as opposed to fast poppage of say only having to wait between 3 and 4 months to pop after loggage but with a long potentially getting towards 5 weeks or more to wait for loggage following receipt. Waiting for loggage is a lot harder for me because it makes me paranoid that something went wrong in the shipping and the box or items were damaged in transit, even if that did not actually happen. Once they are logged, at least you know everything you sent arrived as it should, so nothing left to do but wait but at least not worry.

• @miwlvrn said:

@miwlvrn said:
    The loggage game I've been playing here is guessing the over/under on which one will happen first: poppage on my October order that was logged 11/14/17; vs. loggage for my January orders that were received Feb 1.

Still nothing on either of these, but as I wait, I do realize how much I'd prefer waiting 4 to 5 months from loggage to poppage in combination with quick loggage of less than 2 weeks after receipt, as opposed to fast poppage of say only having to wait between 3 and 4 months to pop after loggage but with a long potentially getting towards 5 weeks or more to wait for loggage following receipt. Waiting for loggage is a lot harder for me because it makes me paranoid that something went wrong in the shipping and the box or items were damaged in transit, even if that did not actually happen. Once they are logged, at least you know everything you sent arrived as it should, so nothing left to do but wait but at least not worry.

May I ask how large these orders are? I am just wondering if they are over 100 and that has something to do with lag time.

@Christoff said:

@miwlvrn said:

@miwlvrn said:

May I ask how large these orders are? I am just wondering if they are over 100 and that has something to do with lag time.

The October order (logged November) still pending has 50 items. The orders subbed on the January special that have not logged yet are 53, 50, 9, 5 and 3 items. The 3 item sub is a PSA Registry annual 3-free sub. The 9 and 5 are crossovers, one group of standard size and one group of tallboy size, subbed along with the other larger orders since you can break them up between grading and crossover for the same monthly special rate after you've met the minimum quantity as long as you separate out the categories on different sub forms and pay for separate shipping.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

received 2/1. Logged today 3/5. My orders were all bulk.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • @miwlvrn said:

@Christoff said:

@miwlvrn said:

@miwlvrn said:

The October order (logged November) still pending has 50 items. The orders subbed on the January special that have not logged yet are 53, 50, 9, 5 and 3 items. The 3 item sub is a PSA Registry annual 3-free sub. The 9 and 5 are crossovers, one group of standard size and one group of tallboy size, subbed along with the other larger orders since you can break them up between grading and crossover for the same monthly special rate after you've met the minimum quantity as long as you separate out the categories on different sub forms and pay for separate shipping.

I was curious as I can't seem to conclude any rhyme or reason on how these are being graded. I have read a large amount of different threads from different forums and it seems everyones main gripe is consistency. You read where some 45 day pops in under 15 business days and then hear about 60+ business days. I was reading earlier about a guy that had his 30 day pop before his 10 day. That happened in August of 2017, so it might not fit into the busy nature of the grading business now. That would be weird!
    Well, I don't know, but I hope you get some good results soon. You deserve it after the wait you have had.

In my own mind, and I can't figure out if I would be happier to see an order logged, and keep refreshing for grades, or suffer this annoyance of them "not even opening the package", assuming cards were done and shipped back in the same time time frame. At least now I don't have to obsess about checking for grades. :/

JAN 31 FOR UNMARKED

FEB 12TH FOR 10 DAY

• I have a 10 day 6 card submission that was
    Received: 2/5
    Logged: 2/27
    No Poppage yet

Should I expect this to popp within the 10 business days? I know it took a long time to log but I was hoping once logged they would stick to the 10 day expectation. If they don't is it fair to ask for compensation in the form of vouchers?

@Jayhock said:
    I have a 10 day 6 card submission that was
    Received: 2/5
    Logged: 2/27
    No Poppage yet

Should I expect this to popp within the 10 business days? I know it took a long time to log but I was hoping once logged they would stick to the 10 day expectation. If they don't is it fair to ask for compensation in the form of vouchers?

I have one that was received and logged on exactly the same days. I hope, but don't expect it to be done in the 10 day window. Mine was only 2 Topps coins so it shouldn't be difficult.

• 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Another surprise one.

Logged in on 2/10 and popped yesterday. 122 cards, 105 PSA 10's 16 Psa 9's and 1 PSA 8

23 calendar days. All were from 2017 year.

I have another bulk order received on 2/12 and not logged in yet.

Joe

This makes no sense. I have a 107 card bulk order received on 2/6 processing right now. I have a 100 card bulk order that was logged on 2/27 and the grades popped today.

• MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I'm kinda wondering about loggage. This thread has jumped the shark. Anyone know what day are they currently processing for bulk?

@MrHockey said:
    I'm kinda wondering about loggage. This thread has jumped the shark. Anyone know what day are they currently processing for bulk?

Per RM's previous post today...

JAN 31 FOR UNMARKED

FEB 12TH FOR 10 DAY

• minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    This makes no sense. I have a 107 card bulk order received on 2/6 processing right now. I have a 100 card bulk order that was logged on 2/27 and the grades popped today.

Sounds almost like my 105 card sub that popped quickly. I talked to a CSR yesterday about the credits that are due me from my recent submission and asked about the back log and said I was pleasantly surprised how quickly mine popped for such a large order. He reviewed my submission and said it looked like the cards/years I submitted were pretty common and could be why it popped so quick. I don't know, I give up on trying to figure it out.

• MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@MrHockey said:

Per RM's previous post today...

JAN 31 FOR UNMARKED

FEB 12TH FOR 10 DAY

And, for bulk?

I don't think it matters if it's bulk or it's 10 day. They both seem to be sitting on the shelf just as long. I think only the express is being entered faster.

Looks like 1/31, bulk and unmarked

• ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

I just received loggage on my January ticket monthly special sub:

Order received 1/31
    Order Logged 3/6

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know the waiting here is brutal but it could be much worse. Reading from other forums, BGS's non-guaranteed turnaround time has reached 7 months which is insane.

But when they get the package, they open the package. By what I have read on other forums, they have never missed their guaranteed service by one day.

Just food for thought, and I sent them 3 cards this week

For those keeping track of current receipt-to-log wait time, for 5 separate orders of mine (all sent in the same box) that were received February 1st, 4 of the 5 logged today March 7. 5th one not logged yet.

@RipublicaninMass said:
    But when they get the package, they open the package. By what I have read on other forums, they have never missed their guaranteed service by one day.

Just food for thought, and I sent them 3 cards this week

True. I think i'd rather wait the month to get logged rather than waiting half a year plus to see my cards again.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent a super express order. I mailed 1 day Mail this Monday. They received it yesterday and logged it yesterday. Fastest I have ever seen in my 20 years sending them orders!
    Well done!!!!

@handyman said:
    Sent a super express order. I mailed 1 day Mail this Monday. They received it yesterday and logged it yesterday. Fastest I have ever seen in my 20 years sending them orders!
    Well done!!!!

WOW; but that's what you paid for, right? It is frustrating to say the least. My 7 day order has been sitting in limbo and not even logged yet for 10 business days already. Hopefully, I hear soon, and no I haven't called, why bother, so they tell me what I already know. Were backed up.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the same box I had 3 orders. 1 super express and 2 10 regulars. The 10 days were not logged with the super express. But I am very pleased to see my super express handled the way they did.
    Very well run and 5 star job.

• @Flewbie said:
    5 Day Turnaround Order --> Received 2/16, Loggage 2/27, No Poppage as of yet
    10 Day Turnaround Order --> Receive 2/16, No Loggage as of yet

** both boxes shipped same day
    ** both received by PSA same day
    ** both boxes marked with the respective service level turnaround time on outside of box.

Grade(s) popped today 3/7/18 pm the 5-day Express order. 10-Day order still remains UNLOGGED although received same day at the 5-day package.

• bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2018 12:49PM

@erikthredd said:
    For those of you that haven't read the Special Message thread from Joe Orlando commenting on the turnaround times, here's his message:
    Hello All,

I wanted to post this after having several conversations with customers.

The amount of recent, incoming business to PSA has been unprecedented. I have been here for over 18 years and have simply seen nothing like it.

Our staff is fully aware of how slow the turnaround times have been. There is no reason to sugar coat it…from entering the submissions into the system to shipping them out, it has been slow.

While we have added several people to our staff since our move in November and authorized plenty of overtime, the demand for our services has outpaced our ability to keep up.

The reality is that we simply can’t “go faster” or cut corners in a business like ours. Each person, at every stage of the process, is only capable of processing so many items per day.

In addition, we are handling your valuables and our company takes that quite seriously. We need to make sure that every person handling the collectibles are properly trained, and that training can take time.

The good news is that we continue to add to our team and train new members, which means we are capable of processing more items each day than ever before.

We have a loyal and passionate customer base, one that drives our brand and business. I have been on the other side (as a customer) and know how frustrating it can be to not get your collectibles back in a timely manner. So, any frustration shared by our customers out there is completely understood.

All our company can say is that we appreciate your patience more than you know as we work to further build our capacity – the right way.

Take care and thank you for your understanding,

Joe Orlando
    CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.
    President, PSA & PSA/DNA

In the 28 days since Joe posted this message it appears they have made no progress against the backlog and have possibly gotten worse. Apparently the HR onboarding processes, training, or learning curve were grossly underestimated when the statement "The good news is that we continue to add to our team and train new members, which means we are capable of processing more items each day than ever before." was made.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭

single card submission:
    Order received 02/12
    order logged 03/06

@bcubs said:

@erikthredd said:
    For those of you that haven't read the Special Message thread from Joe Orlando commenting on the turnaround times, here's his message:
    Hello All,

I wanted to post this after having several conversations with customers.

The amount of recent, incoming business to PSA has been unprecedented. I have been here for over 18 years and have simply seen nothing like it.

Our staff is fully aware of how slow the turnaround times have been. There is no reason to sugar coat it…from entering the submissions into the system to shipping them out, it has been slow.

While we have added several people to our staff since our move in November and authorized plenty of overtime, the demand for our services has outpaced our ability to keep up.

The reality is that we simply can’t “go faster” or cut corners in a business like ours. Each person, at every stage of the process, is only capable of processing so many items per day.

In addition, we are handling your valuables and our company takes that quite seriously. We need to make sure that every person handling the collectibles are properly trained, and that training can take time.

The good news is that we continue to add to our team and train new members, which means we are capable of processing more items each day than ever before.

We have a loyal and passionate customer base, one that drives our brand and business. I have been on the other side (as a customer) and know how frustrating it can be to not get your collectibles back in a timely manner. So, any frustration shared by our customers out there is completely understood.

All our company can say is that we appreciate your patience more than you know as we work to further build our capacity – the right way.

Take care and thank you for your understanding,

Joe Orlando
    CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.
    President, PSA & PSA/DNA

In the 28 days since Joe posted this message it appears they have made no progress against the backlog and have possibly gotten worse. Apparently the HR onboarding processes, training, or learning curve were grossly underestimated when the statement "The good news is that we continue to add to our team and train new members, which means we are capable of processing more items each day than ever before." was made.

Well there's not much anyone can really do except send your cards & wait it out or hold onto your cards & wait it out. Either way,you'll be waiting. Joe says they've made steps into taking care of the problem and I at least take him at his word.

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

reholder sub received 12-15, logged 1-3-18, shipped 3-6. I just wish PSA would come up with a first in first out process, set by the number day sub you submit.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MantleFan23 said:
    Package received 01/25
    Logged 02/20

Renewal sub and 100 card bulk order

pop goes the weasel for the renewal................biz day 11

@miwlvrn said:
    For those keeping track of current receipt-to-log wait time, for 5 separate orders of mine (all sent in the same box) that were received February 1st, 4 of the 5 logged today March 7. 5th one not logged yet.

5th one eventually logged today as well.

FWIW: My 7 day order rec'd 02/22; logged today.

unmarked 1/31

bulk 2/2

10 day 2/12

@RipublicaninMass said:
    unmarked 1/31

bulk 2/2

10 day 2/12

? logged, grades popped, limbo or waiting

• PSA/DNA sub delivered 2/20, still waiting on day 17 with no loggage

@tonylags said:

@RipublicaninMass said:
    unmarked 1/31

bulk 2/2

10 day 2/12

? logged, grades popped, limbo or waiting

Sorry, this was loggage dates

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

One bulk order of 100 received at PSA Feb 22 not logged as of 3/11

One bulk order of 100+ received Feb 28 not logged as of 3/11

One 10 day order received Feb 28 not logged as of 3/11.

Hire more people or raise prices.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • 5 Day Order (1 Card) - Received 2/16/18 --> Loggage 2/27/18 --> Poppage 3/7/18
    10 Day Order (8 Cards) - Received 2/16/18 --> Loggage 3/11/18 --> Poppage TBD

• bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

Bulk order received at PSA 2/15 not logged.

Appreciate today-

Bill

PRO-gress
    unmarked 2/5

10 day 2/19

• cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

10 day signed for on 2/28- not logged
    7 day signed for on 3/3 not logged

Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.

Wondering; what is poppage time on 7 day orders running?