Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC) (SOLD OUT! )

Comments

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto...just snagged 10 more!

The link went live at exactly 7:30 EST...I kept hitting refresh.

• Options

And the link is still live RIGHT NOT...14 minutes later!!!

So get in there men!

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Just added another 5. Go get them!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

did they sell out at the ANA?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Yes...they were apparently sold out 2 days ago...minutes after going on sale (online).

These are probably the remainders from orders w/credit card issues.

• Options

Link still active 33 minutes in...first go to the product schedule list and then click the link there to go to the live order page.

• Options

This has been a Public Service Announcement...

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. Bought some more.

• Options
    RodebaughRodebaugh Posts: 304 ✭✭✭

Got two units. One for me and one for pops. Thanks!

• Options
    edited August 3, 2017 5:17AM

but did they sell out at the ana?

btw.

sell out in minutes

but they're still available 45 minutes later.

hmmmmm

not hot ?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2017 5:41AM

The mint posted on the day were no longer available that they were not sold out.

Maybe they still have a few thousand or whatever. Still on sale after an hour. Coinupdate.com already posted an article about the sets being available again.

news.coinupdate.com/2017-enhanced-uncirculated-sets-available-again-on-the-mints-website/

• Options

Probably sloppy seconds from cancelled/problematic credit cards. Unless these were just held in reserve...but a bit odd they wouldn't announce it in advance.

Others said the link went live at 7:30 AM yesterday also...but for a shorter period of time.

• Options
    hutze1nmhutze1nm Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

Not as hot as we thought? I see eBay prices are dipped. Just cancelled my order from this morning. Just got cold feet at the prospect of a longer term loser.

Things I like to do: Collect PL Morgans. That’s is all.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought two more just 'cause they're cheap inexpensive.

I wonder if they put a limit on the big buyers, same as they did at the ANA. That could have easily freed a few thousand sets.

• Options

no household limit.

I can't see why they'd limit bulk.

also, the only way for them to sell out so fast, all while the web site was not slow, would be for bulk buyers to have bought tons.

• Options

with these available so long, either they did not sell out, or there were a lot of bulk cancellations.

they sold out really fast yesterday.

• Options

adding max is no problem and no delay 1:41minutes in

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ordered (1), all I need! Very pleased no need to pay Flippin' Flipper premium! :)

• Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

I called Usmint about this product appear again, they said there was a mad rush order on 1st day and they couldn't handle it, so they have to stop taking order and regroup ( or inventory count) then release it again.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@brendanlam said:
    I called Usmint about this product appear again, they said there was a mad rush order on 1st day and they couldn't handle it, so they have to stop taking order and regroup ( or inventory count) then release it again.

I said that minutes after the item went unavailable. Here is my comment: "Gone? Well, I got my measly order of 3 in under the wire. I literally put in my order, then came over to the forum to see someone say the item was not available. I'm still shocked. Maybe the mint had such an influx of orders, they are just regrouping to get a count of what may still be available. Don't forget, this happens each time. They will put more on sale as cancellations and bad credit cards start making their presence known."

No way they could sell 225k in 8 minutes

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

Still available. Glad i got mine in route to me already.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2017 7:41AM

I would not be surprised if they only sold 2/3 the mintage. The mint is being too quiet. I think they like the hype the set is getting in the last few days. They did say the set is not sold out.

bing.com/videos/search?q=god+father+just+when+I+though+I+was+out&&view=detail&mid=03563FC4E016832C41EF03563FC4E016832C41EF&rvsmid=442FD1A34DCBA8B0BE12442FD1A34DCBA8B0BE12&fsscr=0&FORM=VDQVAP

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

I got my order in and its 10:20.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2017 7:30AM

these will be available all day.

No word from all the folks who complained to high heaven they didn't get one.

Maybe an apology to the US Mint is in order.

• Options

can put max in cart at will

site is not even slow.

it was not slow on the first day. I can't see the "overwhelmed" excuse as correct at all.

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen good pics of the coins yet? If so, could you link me to it?

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Available right now, just placed another 2 sets. Anyone interested go online now!

• Options
    edited August 3, 2017 7:48AM

@smokincoin said:
    Has anyone seen good pics of the coins yet? If so, could you link me to it?

Post of a partial pic a few pages ago. Just the words, dates seem to be only enhanced. These appear not to be like the past enhanced versions.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am glad to see that more collectors will have a chance to buy this set from the mint.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2017 8:08AM

Still available, however, the USMint web site is having problems completing orders. I had to call in after trying five browsers across three machines...

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options

adding max is still going

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just bought 35... wondering if I should get more? Looks like the profit margin is smaller and smaller.. not sure if it is worth it.

• Options

I think the set has some potential even at 225K with the s mint. I wonder if the dealers will back off since its not an instant sell out.

I doubt the mint would have sold their entire allotment at the ANA if the online ordering had not ceased for two days while the ANA was going on.

• Options

As a JFK half fan/collector...how does 225,000 stack up as a low mintage in the series?

What was the mintage of the 1970-D?

• Options
    MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    As a JFK half fan/collector...how does 225,000 stack up as a low mintage in the series?

What was the mintage of the 1970-D?

If I'm not mistaken it was just over 2 million, and was only available in mint sets.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

I'm in, bought more.

If some big dealer ordered 10,000 and cancelled, that would leave a lot to sell.

I have a week before they arrive and a week to decide what to do with them. We'll know by then if these are winners or not.

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    I just bought 35... wondering if I should get more? Looks like the profit margin is smaller and smaller.. not sure if it is worth it.

Why is everyone buying this? It's 225,000 release AND still for sale as of 1130a Central time.

There is no flip.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2017 10:02AM

I just ordered 5 sets at 12:30 EDT on 8/3...# 05214xxx Still available at 1PM EDT...They will make nice X'mas presents to my grand kids... :)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps you are only looking through a small looking glass epcjim. You shouldn't care why anyone else is buying these

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got one on a whim, no problems

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options

@jessewvu said:
    Perhaps you are only looking through a small looking glass epcjim. You shouldn't care why anyone else is buying these

one cares when there is a question regarding flip-ability

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@epcjimi1 said:

@jwitten said:

Why is everyone buying this? It's 225,000 release AND still for sale as of 1130a Central time.

There is no flip.

Yet I haven't seen any sell for a loss

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna stay with the 1 I ordered and that's in the shipped stream. Gone back and forth about making another order but decided 1 is fine. Don't need any extra stomach acid, ya know?

• Options
    edited August 3, 2017 9:51AM

@jessewvu said:

Wut? There is business dedicated to following the trends of coin purchases and you tell me I shouldn't care why ya'all are purchasing the brains out of this?

Buy now, cancel later.

It's 225,000.

Let me repeat that. 225,000

That's Two Hundred Twenty Five Thousand.

• Options
    FallGuyFallGuy Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Just completed my order of one set with no problem as of 12:50 (Eastern Time).

Very high likelihood that the flipping frenzy is finally finished.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

It all depends on when they sell out.

Could be in a hour or a week or a month.

Place your bets, take your chances.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watching Mint News Blog for their report of first day sales and re-offering. They are later than past new coin recaps.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

From Coin World:

However, when Coin World senior editor Paul Gilkes, in attendance at the American Numismatic Association World’s Fair of Money in Denver, spoke to Mint staff there, he was told that order cancellations made the sets available again, with one order by a dealer for 20,000 sets among those that were canceled.

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

@goldbuffalo said:
    It all depends on when they sell out.

Could be in a hour or a week or a month.

Place your bets, take your chances.

1 Day. this evening it will sell out....dealers will need to order more to close it out.

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:
    From Coin World:

However, when Coin World senior editor Paul Gilkes, in attendance at the American Numismatic Association World’s Fair of Money in Denver, spoke to Mint staff there, he was told that order cancellations made the sets available again, with one order by a dealer for 20,000 sets among those that were canceled.

Uh-oh.

20000 is 8.8888888888889% of 225000. Gonna take a lot of paper towels to absorb that mess in the market. Buy More!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file