Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coinstar machines have been devoid of found treasure for the last month or so.... :'( Glad to see some are finding some silver... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great haul for sure.

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jimminey cricket! That's a haul!!!

• Options

@SaorAlba Holey Moley.... What a haul... Is that '64 Kennedy an AH?? Wow... great find... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019 8:56AM

Am simply curious about this:
    can anyone claim ownership of the rejected coins if left in the reject bin??

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YQQ said:

they are rejects by nature

• Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SaorAlba that might be the haul of the year so far

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steveben said:
    @SaorAlba that might be the haul of the year so far

ditto!

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

@YQQ said:

The practical answer is 'Yes'.

The former owner (or the business where the Coinstar machine is located) could possibly take a 'finder' to a civil Court, but in my home county it costs something like $320 to file the simplest lawsuit. Go fish for thirty-two cents in rejected coins.

As has been noted in this thread a few times, if the former owner is not gone too far away, and they notice what is happening, there is always the potential for an outbreak of fisticuffs.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coinstar has been bone dry for many months.

So anyway last Friday I'm at the bank depositing the company checks, and complete spur of the moment, i decide to get ten rolls of Lincolns just for the yell of it and old times sake.

Nothing but garbage, except amazingly, and I almost missed it because i was basically keying in on brown coins, a 1945 in AU condition with a lot of original mint luster. Does have some spotting.

Must have been in someone's coin jar or something for a long time to retain luster like that.

• Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

11 cents a few days ago, First find in weeks.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dry for me lately.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2024 10:21PM

This bright and shiny 1959-D cent was received in change today:

United States cent 1959-D

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2019 5:44PM

@georgiacop50 said:
    An OLD one! from a grocery store slot

Hmmmmm! I know this is from 2017 but when I seen the coin's rim (1920), aren't the proofs the ones with the wide rims? Hmmmm?
    Oops, never mind. I just remembered the earliest proofs stopped at 1916. :o

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great @SaorAlba :smiley:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

Woooo Hooo! 1964 dime last nite at the grocery! I am now rich!

BTW I have a bunch of coins need counting and just learned that (locally any way) 99% of banks have phased out coin counting for their customers. There is a credit union in town that will count free with a $100/day limit but you have to have an account, or it is 10% fee. How bout the banks by you?

• Options

I posted this yesterday in the coinstar thread on the MD forum.... However, it should go here as well -
    Wow... another jackpot.... four quarters, nine dimes, two nickels and nine cents... no silver or wheaties... but still, a nice handful in the reject slot.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time I look in the Coinstar bin for many months now, it's like a desert. Last time I thought i saw a sagebrush in there. :/

I'm glad others are having much better luck. :)

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Success again yesterday.... Four quarters (one Canadian), seven dimes (one Canadian) and a zincoln... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭

RickO, you are on a roll! Congrats!
    Larry

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found this in my cash register at work

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a * note $20 in change today. Ranked pretty high on the scale.

• Options

Well... it continues... at least a little.. found one quarter yesterday in the reject bin...not silver though. However, it now resides in my pocket... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Today at the Coinstar in WalMart - twenty three cents including a 1964 D Roosie dime:

This was off my normal route a bit (by about thirty miles), as I was taking my Mom to do some shopping.

• Options

@BillDugan1959 said:
    Today at the Coinstar in WalMart - twenty three cents including a 1964 D Roosie dime:

This was off my normal route a bit (by about thirty miles), as I was taking my Mom to do some shopping.

Ah silver!

The rest looks like someone’s metal detector finds cash-out.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@BillDugan1959 said:

Ah silver!

The rest looks like someone’s metal detector finds cash-out.

Actually, the Cents looked like incredible, unbelievable error coins! One million dollars per pop!

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last week I saw an ebay auction where the seller asked for help identifying a strange "silver quarter" he'd pulled from a Coinstar reject slot. It turned out it was struck on a nickel planchet. He updated the description (and lowered the price) after I messaged him, the closed auction is here:

https://ebay.com/itm/Error-U-S-Quarter-1972-D-quarter-on-a-nickel-planchet-5-0-grams-/123718869122

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

About 1.5 weeks worth of coin machine finds, unfartunately no silver :'( But the Swiss Franc, Russian 2 Ruble and Bolivian 10 centavos coins were pretty cool. Wish I knew where a carwash takes the carwash tokens I keep finding. My buggy is filthy.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

@SaorAlba

Hard to see the token in the pic, but Numista has what looks like what you got:
    https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces49950.html

• Options
    SliderGuySliderGuy Posts: 27 ✭✭

Found this one a few years ago still don't know the value of any.

AU55/MS62 My favorites.
  • Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2019 1:13PM

@SliderGuy said:

Awesome find! It is a 1792 king Louis XVI French 12 Deniers it was made between 1791-93 there were 4.7 million made however it is only worth about 2-4$. PM me if you want to do a trade I would love to have a French coin with the last French king.

• Options

@SliderGuy....That is an amazing coinstar find.... I have found all sorts of foreign coins, fake coins, tokens and damaged coins.... never one like that...Great find...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got .16 today. No silver.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

Checked the machine at the credit union when I went in this afternoon:

Four silver dimes!

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

@SaorAlba Your hitting the silver dime jackpots!

What is that a rubber/plastic cent looking thing?

• Options

@mvs7....Wow...nice haul....a lot of silver... check if that Kennedy is an Accented Hair...Cheers, RickO

• Options

OK...just got back from the market.... Four quarters in the reject slot....three new and one 1965.... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019 2:43PM

From Albertsons coinstar, 1 & only coin in the reject slot; they must have taken the pennies, nickels etc & left this for me :o

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file