Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

A clad Roosie
    a Canada 1c
    a Canada 10c.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok.

here is a question.

should I start a new thread for "Official Bank Haul Thread" or would this thread be a duplicate of that?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

8 sticky cents

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few Canadian coins, a plastic dime and a silver quarter.

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

One was on top of the machine & the other was on the floor halfway underneath Coinstar.
    Guess which was where?
    I needed to loupe them, otherwise I would’ve spent it :o

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time I go to Wal-mart, the bank and the grocery store I check the Coinstar machine. I never find anything. I have no idea how you guys do it.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge.... Well lately, I agree.... I used to find coins in the reject slot...at the market and the mall.... However, it has been over a month now and nothing... not even a cent...I know the clerks at the market (and even the manager) check the slot.. they must beat me to it....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found at weis today was a 1919 penny, 1$ in clad, and A 1943S Walking Half Dollar!

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found a PGA Tour Partners Club bronze token. About cent size. I don't play golf so it will just sit in the junk drawer.

• Options

@Mdcoincollector2003.... Welcome aboard....That is a great Coinstar find... Congratulations... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:
    Every time I go to Wal-mart, the bank and the grocery store I check the Coinstar machine. I never find anything. I have no idea how you guys do it.

Just keep looking.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Long dry spell, nothing for several weeks.

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

Got back from overseas, no coin finds there. 1st store I went to when I got back I found a 1964-D dime - since then nothing really numismatic in the last couple of weeks.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

Nothing at all in the Coinstar - I think for almost two months now... or six weeks ... or something...However, I did find a quarter on the floor at the supermarket... yippee....clad though. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭✭

In 18 months of checking EVERY CoinStar or similar machine, I have found a total of two coins one time - both 1941 cents. On Sat while traveling in PA I stopped at a supermarket and lo and behold, I hit the jackpot. Over $3 of US and 1 Canadian 5 cent piece. No silver, and mostly recent coins (a tad bizarre that they would be rejected as they had no damage) So RickO, there is hope!!!!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver Roosie and corroded Zincoln today.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options

The other day found an Italian 1 Euro coin and a British tanner from 1956, otherwise just the usual Canadians and crusty zincolns.

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not coin star but out of three cents of change from the grocery store I got a 1952d wheat penny

• Options

@littlebear....Congratulations on a great haul... You have restored my faith... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Got a *$10 note from the bank today. Rarity is center of the graph on starnote lookup page. Note is in mid-range condition.

• Options

Full bin today. About 30 zincolns, a 10 cent New Zealand, Bahamas quarter. No silver.

• Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭

Found my 2nd '64 Roosie + a clad quarter in Vail, CO about a week ago.

• Options

Well... still nothing... I have not given up, but it is discouraging. Must be close to two months since the Coinstar had anything...I have found more on the floor of the market. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the opportunity to pay higher prices than coinstar very often. I like coinstar. Saves me 8% on the dollar.

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

These were on top of the Coinstar inside Albertsons:

• Options

Machine 1 - about 30-40 cent coins, nothing worth saving and put them in a donation bin.
    Machine 2 zilch
    Machine 3 '64-D dime
    Machine 4, nothing in the reject slot but looked under the machine and smelled silver, got a pen and pulled out a '46 dime.

Two silvers in one day!

• Options

@KollectorKing said:
    These were on top of the Coinstar inside Albertsons:

Chinese and Canadian would have been my change a month ago.

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Well... still nothing... I have not given up, but it is discouraging. Must be close to two months since the Coinstar had anything...I have found more on the floor of the market. Cheers, RickO

Ricko, do you go to multiple markets or just one where you check? I usually find more at the high traffic Walmart than the smaller regional store.

• Options

There are two...one at the mall and one at the Walmart....I most often visit the supermarket - where the checkout clerks keep a sharp eye on it - and the one at Walmart is right by the customer service desk, so a line is usually waiting right by the machine...I used to find coins about once a week... the last couple months, nothing. Cheers, RickO

• Options

The usual Canadian 10c coin and a '44-P war nickel for my goodie of the day.

• Options

Great... I live vicariously through your finds..... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

A dime
    six zincolns
    a Canadian cent
    a barely identifiable 1943 mintmarked steel cent.

• Options

Very nice hauls... Coinstar has been good to each of you... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Very nice hauls... Coinstar has been good to each of you... Cheers, RickO

RickO, I keep opening this thread and hoping to see you hit the mother lode! I will cheer when your dry spell ends!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

97 cents including one 1959-D Roosie and 36 cents Canadian out of one machine on Sunday.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

My best find was about 5 euros in various denominations. Will take this with me on my next trip out that way. Also found 5 Singapore dollars and change.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options

34 cents in regular change and a Chuck E Cheese token.

• Options

@ricko said:
    YAHOOOO...OK.... The long drought has ended....nine dimes, two nickels, one quarter, nine zincolns, one 1972 Canadian cent and one Euro....$1.34.... Nice windfall, but no wheaties or silver.... Oh well, better than the previous weeks ... Cheers, RickO

Congrats RickO!!! We were cheering for you!

• Options

Yippee.... found a dime and two zincolns....no silver ....but the drought ended with my find on the 31st and now six days later, a couple more coins....Happy days are here again... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Canadian quarter and the most boogered up zincoln ever today.

• Options

Over the past few days I have found $2.56 in US change, 55c in Canadian change and nothing numismatic save the Bahamas mini cent from 2012.

• Options

Very nice haul...silver is always good.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

A pile of US and the usual Canadian crop, about $1.75 in Canadian about 53c in US change and the following numismatic savers:
    1930 wheat
    1943 steel cent
    and the best part a 1928 GV Canadian 5c coin that is almost uncirculated - still has original mint bloom! Will look great in my Whitman folder, it is about a $20 coin in that grade.

• Options

@SaorAlba...That is a great haul... and the Canadian nickel is a bonus.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

A total of 28c in assorted sticky dimes and cents. Uggh.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow mannie! Way to go!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

I do dislike those sticky coins... I have been dumping them in acetone... No idea what the gunk is...I had several dime/cent combinations in the July 31st haul... YUCK!! Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file