Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is still 'out of order'.... :s I am about to lodge a formal complaint with management.....Of course, since the day I saw the manager scoop out a handful of coins, I am sure he is just as bothered as I am....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

75 cents today at Wal-mart. Most of the CS users take the paper slip right up to the Customer Service counter to redeem for paper money. There is always a line at the Customer service desk so many times the user/loser sees me recovering their left behinds.

I see their surprise and agitation in my peripheral vision but never make eye contact. Several have taken a step towards me or raised a hand but they never have the gumption to actually intercept me.

Not sure if they fear losing their place in line or just think better about confronting a 6' 7" 255lb guy ... haha

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

great finds today.. 1944 quarter ... a 1964 dime and a Bahamas .25 cents

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a Canadian 25c coin from 2007 with the 2010 Olympics curling on it.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just one cent today at my local supermarket....but it was a 1907 in XF. I will add a photo when I can.

• Options

Still in drought mode..... Hope the machine is fixed soon... probably jammed with some great finds...that the repair person will get. Wow... there's a thought... I should get a job servicing these machines... :D Wouldn't that be fantastic...imagine what these guys find....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went by the Coinstar in Walmart today. There were 2 cents. A 1985 and a 1929 in XF.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

2cents today!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

47 cents today ( 2 cents, 2 dimes, 1 quarter). No silver.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OnlyGoldIsMoney said:
    Just one cent today at my local supermarket....but it was a 1907 in XF. I will add a photo when I can.

An Indian Cent?

• Options

@stevek said:

@OnlyGoldIsMoney said:

An Indian Cent?

Yes - 1907 IHC.

• Options

@ricko said:
    Still a dead coinstar in the market.... I lodged a complaint with the service desk..... they assured me it would be repaired this week. I asked if they would give me a handful of change to make up for my losses... :D .. they were not amused. Cheers, RickO

I can see it now...a pic of RickO on the store bulletin board with a notation to not to serve this man because he has been causing a disturbance. ;)

• Options

:D:D Well, I really did not create a disturbance.... the counter manager did look at me with that 'deer in the headlights' look when I said that... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rick
    With the luck you have with that machine they would have given you a handful of toned coins

• Options

@ricko said:
    Still a dead coinstar in the market.... I lodged a complaint with the service desk..... they assured me it would be repaired this week. I asked if they would give me a handful of change to make up for my losses... :D .. they were not amused. Cheers, RickO

Reminds me of a few years ago, I always look under the machine and I had a store manager specifically ask me NOT to look under the machine. Uh, I have found silver dimes that way more than once.

Todays finds were a Canadian cent and a Canadian quarter.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

Well.. the machine is repaired... however, nothing in the reject slot today... :'( Cheers, RickO

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

So you’re saying there’s a chance!!!

• Options

Dumb couple of days, a corroded Zincoln, a nickel and a dime and that is all.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

.36c Canadian and one of those souvenir pennies. Left the wooden golf tee. Not much but breaks a 2 week dry spell.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

37 cents modern US and a 2007 Mexican 10 pesos today. Possibly one of the the lesser varieties, (not the one with reverse denticles). Will post photo on the darkside forum at some point.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options

Five days since the machine was fixed and not a single coin.... :'( Cheers, RickO

• Options

25c Canadian, another 49c in USA and a poor old codger 1921 cent that had a recent case of road rash :'(

• Options

Well, at least you are finding things... I am beginning to think you sleep by that coinstar machine.... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

A Canadjun 10c coin. No I don't sleep by the damned machine, but I wish I could get the stuff that accumulates when I am not there.

• Options

I did not really think you did sleep by the machine :D However, you find coins far more often than I do... I think the store clerks keep a sharp eye on the machine at my market...I mentioned once already that I saw a store manager scoop some coins out while I was in the check out line...Cheers, RickO

• Options

Only 12 zincolns in the Coinstars. Then this afternoon I stopped by the credit union and they had "internal rejects" waiting for me. Will post after I mow the lawns.

• Options

And now since it is raining and I cannot mow the lawns:

Went to one of my credit unions to cash out half dollars that I had searched for silver. The coin machine went out of order and I had to asked if the teller could service it. When they opened it I peeked into the white internal reject bin and all of these were all of the non-bent quarters. I was pleased as punch that the teller let me buy them!

• Options

WOW, WOW AND WOW!!! Fantastic.... Did you get them at face value?? Amazing... I wish my CU had a coinstar...I know the tellers very well and they would save them for me... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver eagles for face!? Score! :o

• Options

@ricko said:
    WOW, WOW AND WOW!!! Fantastic.... Did you get them at face value?? Amazing... I wish my CU had a coinstar...I know the tellers very well and they would save them for me... Cheers, RickO

It is a De La Rue coin machine and yes I got those at face. Have to take in a box of candy!

• Options

As I was passing by the Coinstar in Walmart I saw a pile in the reject slot. I got 65 Lincolns.

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

While not a Coin Star, breaking down a Bucket Seat off a 1966 Mustang, and between the upholstery and the foam was a 1963 dime. Guess someone lost their coffee money 52 years ago.

• Options

@mustangmanbob said:
    While not a Coin Star, breaking down a Bucket Seat off a 1966 Mustang, and between the upholstery and the foam was a 1963 dime. Guess someone lost their coffee money 52 years ago.

My brother and I used to look through old car salvage yards to look at cars - never thought of checking the seats for change.

• Options

Got a dime, not silver.

• Options

One coin at my local Wegmans coinstar reject bin. It is a 1951 dime. A similar machine at a K-Mart had 45 cents in assorted coins in a bag on the shelf next to the insert bin.

• Options

28 cents USA and 35c in Canadian.

• Options

Nothin, nada, zilch, zero - skunked. :'( Cheers, RickO

• Options

Was putting off taking an accumulation of cash to the credit union, finally decided to go and do it since it will be closed until Tuesday. On the way in stopped by the coin machine, reached in and pulled out these:

Love that filthy quarter!

• Options

5 Lincolns today.

• Options

@SaorAlba .... I do believe you find more coins in the machines than anyone else....Two silvers as well.. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko My job takes me into a lot of stores, my hobby takes me to a lot of banks.

• Options

@SaorAlba said:
    @ricko My job takes me into a lot of stores, my hobby takes me to a lot of banks.

I want that same job. :)

I've already got the hobby. ;)

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed the silver dime at first! It was in the corner

• Options

Nice haul... two silvers.... and those dimes can hide in the corner of the reject bin...especially if the paint is a tad worn... I found one that way also, and it was silver. Lately though... nothing.. for about two weeks or more... Cheers, RickO

• Options

5 different cents in American dosh. 45c in Canadian dosh.

• Options

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    I missed the silver dime at first! It was in the corner!

Often it takes many years to refine our Coinstar searching skills.

With perseverance and fortitude, some of us can improve on this most elaborate and complex endeavor.

However, it is never possible to master it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file