@CascadeChris said:
    Going on a month or two. Me likes how it's coming along :blush:

How did you get that tone? Nice

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Turtle Tank Toning!

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@drfish said:
    Owl side up or down?

The side up and exposed is the side that will tone. Again, it's a big crapshoot as to whether it will come out nice or not and you typically won't know for months.

The more you VAM..
  • privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered me a 1975 S today. Only wish i would of known of his stuff years ago.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:
    Can't wait to see Dan's upcoming KOTCT medals in-hand -- especially the 50mm bi-metal Proof versions:

I hope they ship soon

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Poor horse, ran the lance thru his neck.:)

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

GO! GO! GO!

Thanks Dan, great offering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

Love the1918 Enhanced central obverse hair details compared to Die Pair 1! and the silver Saint

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018 6:13AM

Look what I found this morning:

http://www.dc-coin.com/

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

@COCollector said:

I don't like the that he stamped in the reverse rays

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018 7:35AM

Dan, what was the reason for the SILVER and BRASS counterstamps? Kills the look of them for me. Any chance a gold version is being made for release?

@COCollector said:

I don't like the that he stamped in the reverse rays> @jwitten said:

Dan, what was the reason for the SILVER and BRASS counterstamps? Kills the look of them for me. Any change a gold version is being made?

That's why I only ordered the brass,had the silver in my cart but changed my mind.
    The rest of the new one's are OK but i didn't order any.

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018 7:38AM

@Twobitcollector said:
    I don't like the that he stamped in the reverse rays!

Instead, maybe he could edge-inscribe that stamped info?

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018 8:03AM

My new years resolution was to take a coin & related shopping break in 2018, but

I could not resist adding enhanced obverse 1918 Peace to my DC Collection.

;^)

Concerning the $20, this is the 1st DC item I've seen with:

Edge marked ""NOT LEGAL TENDER" and "MOONLIGHT MINT"

Has the coin hobby protection act changed concerning Fantasy Strikes ?

Lindy

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018 8:01AM

I just ordered the 1918 Broken Sword Peace Dollars.

Notice the improved hair detail compared to the 1917.

GrandAm :)
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Counter-stamped "999 SILVER" over the rays above rising sun.

Edge marked ""NOT LEGAL TENDER" and "MOONLIGHT MINT".

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    edited January 31, 2018 8:22AM

@LindyS said:
    My new years resolution was to take a coin & related shopping break in 2018, but

;^)

Lindy

beat me to it.

this is not a copy, so the HPA does not apply.

I guess couldn't cram 999 silver on the edge, too?

NOTE: Extra thick (piedfort). May not fit in some coin holders

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018 8:21AM

@Twobitcollector said:

@COCollector said:
    Can't wait to see Dan's upcoming KOTCT medals in-hand -- especially the 50mm bi-metal Proof versions:

I hope they ship soon

Cool design! I may have missed out on the order, I requested it, but have been locked for months! Finally got back in to KOTCT!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018 9:38AM

Looks like Dan is experimenting with edge marking the pieces with “|******E|PLURIBUS|UNUM*****|” as well. This is what I was thinking of when I first noticed the edge on his photos. Interesting that there's a die crack on the edge die for the one gold piece so far. Hopefully a gold one with a raised letter edge is coming!

edited January 31, 2018 9:35AM

@COCollector said:
    Can't wait to see Dan's upcoming KOTCT medals in-hand -- especially the 50mm bi-metal Proof versions

Agree! I'm eagerly awaiting mine. I think Dan's KOTCT medals have some great designs!

• 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Order placed, Thanks for the heads up.

Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks COCollector for the heads up. Got my order in for both Ameros and both 1907 Saint Gaudens

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn't order the 1918 Peace quick enough! Lovely details and simply a joy to behold.

peacockcoins

edited January 31, 2018 10:55AM

edit

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

1918 Peace is nice but not enough to buy another...
    The Saint....I just can't...the stamp and wings are show stoppers.
    I won't comment on the third.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just can't get myself to pull the trigger.

Many happy BST transactions
  • BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up the high grade piece and i am also waiting for all my KOTC medal to come in, it’s been a loooong wait.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018 1:57PM

@LindyS said:

;^)

Lindy

The reasoning for the counter-stamps is that even though these are "fantasy" coins, they are not over-strikes. Nor are they actually "fantasy-date" pieces. So I felt that some form of obvious marking was warranted. Either way, marked or un-marked, somebody isn't going to be happy with it. If nobody likes them then they will turn out to be scarcer ;)

The one that I did in gold did not come out perfect.
    If I can get it to work by over-striking existing Saint-Gaudens Double Eagles in gold, then that version will not be counter-stamped. The counter-stamping of the brass and silver version was also done to differentiate them from any gold pieces that may be released in the future.

@BruceS said:
    I picked up the high grade piece and i am also waiting for all my KOTC medal to come in, it’s been a loooong wait.

I expect to start striking the Knights of the Coin table medals later today. I've been working on the blanks for them. Fabricating the bi-metallic 50mm blanks took a while to figure out, but they are done finally.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, man, I want the winged liberty but that .999 stamp hurts.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

Maybe we can ask Dan not to stamp .999 there. Unless he made them already :/

• kwags24kwags24 Posts: 27 ✭✭

This item did not appear to sell?

@coinsarefun said:

@MilesWaits said:

Maybe we can ask Dan not to stamp .999 there. Unless he made them already :/

This version will be counter-stamped.
    However, I expect that there will be multiple versions coming out in all metals in addition to these first ones.
    I expect that some variation of brass and silver will not be counter-stamped. For example, if I made another reverse die that didn't have "TWENTY DOLLARS" on it, then those might not be counter-stamped.

edited January 31, 2018 2:46PM

can always cram the composition in the 2 o'clock - 3 o'clock field on the obverse or did you try that and not like it.

I bought already, but really really prefer the idea of a non-counterstamped one

you tried 24k and it did not come out perfect? (stunned amazement if so)

Oops

Missed the post with the carr-facts entry. Tried on a DE not 24k.

I'd think just "NLT" would be enough to satisfy those who question them.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the heads up I loaded up just now on his coin's! :p

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was pleased to see the price of the 1918 Peace Dollar was $25 less than the 1917 Dollar. :)

GrandAm :)
    edited January 31, 2018 7:10PM

@dcarr said:
    The one that I did in gold did not come out perfect.
    If I can get it to work by over-striking existing Saint-Gaudens Double Eagles in gold, then that version will not be counter-stamped. The counter-stamping of the brass and silver version was also done to differentiate them from any gold pieces that may be released in the future.

Please be successful! I’ve been waiting for this for almost 10 years now since the first 1964-D Peace came out! :smile:

• AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2018 7:44PM

This thread has cost me a lot of money since its inception. Thanks :smiley: !

I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
    edited January 31, 2018 9:40PM

@Agflyer said:
    This thread has cost me a lot of money since its inception. Thanks :smiley: !

It's been way before this thread for me and I remember the initial design discussions here for his 2007 Ameros!

• drfishdrfish Posts: 939 ✭✭✭✭

Dan,
    How about a much much smaller counter stamp? I ordered and paid for three silvers before finding out about the stamp which really is a buzz kill on an other wise awesome design....
    Hope the gold works out. If they do , what’s the likely price range? Could you also make a prooflike gold version?

edited February 1, 2018 10:34AM

I think being creative about the mark can help, however, one specific issue with this coin is that it says "United States of America - Twenty Dollars" so it's worth being on the safer side.

Here's the "SI" mintmark the Smithsonian Institute used on their Confederate Cent replicas. Others use a Roman numeral current date, e.g. 2017, etc. I imagine the Gallery Mint pieces would be more popular if they used a mark like that vs. COPY.

Which one would be the better one to buy?
    1. "1918" Peace Silver Dollar "Broken Sword" over-strike, High Relief, WW1 100th Anniversary Sold out on the other one so I missed that one or?
    2. "1907-D" Saint-Gaudens Winged Liberty, 999 Silver Concept, 1 troy oz. its a bit cheaper just wondering what the Professional Dan Carr buyers think? These 2 seem like their special in their own way buy I want more dont know which one to buy!!!! TYIA

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    1. "1918" Peace Silver Dollar "Broken Sword" over-strike, High Relief, WW1 100th Anniversary Sold out on the other one so I missed that one or?
    2. "1907-D" Saint-Gaudens Winged Liberty, 999 Silver Concept, 1 troy oz. its a bit cheaper just wondering what the Professional Dan Carr buyers think? These 2 seem like their special in their own way buy I want more dont know which one to buy!!!! TYIA

1918 for sure. His nice overstrikes usually do better than his "creations". I'm not sure if the resell value will be hurt by creating too many of the broken sword peaces, only time will tell. I think he posted at one time he wanted to do one more date of them after this.

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2018 2:35PM

I bought three 1918 $ and zero 1907 $20.

I am not a buy one of everything coin collector.

I really dig the current enhanced obverse 1918 $ with, of course, broken sword reverse in year two.

I prefer DC's Two Ounce silver 2016 Birther obverse and I am not a fan of letter or number after strike counter stamps. I got my Snake Kabob & St Gaudens coin design covered, and the 2 ounce is HUGE.

Dan, Please make 1921 $ with roman numerals in date ?
    I'll buy more than three...

;^)

@Gluggo said:

I have a feeling they have already been made with the counter stamp.

Cramming a smaller CS above the eagle would be good. You likely considered it and tossed it. Would love to hear why you tossed that idea out.

edited February 1, 2018 2:52PM

Thank you for your input helped me make my new order. I would love to see that confederate coin I was just reading up on them very rare to find one today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file