Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #3

Comments

• Options
    BeefCurry808BeefCurry808 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

@onlyroosies said:
    Welcome to the board Royal Roosies. You have the makings of a great set.

Thank you Sir! I hope to continue the path until its finished and pray that i don't run out of money haha.

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@onlyroosies said:
    Welcome to the board Royal Roosies. You have the makings of a great set.

Yes, welcome. I once owned your 46D when it resided in an NGC MS67*FT holder. Fantastic reverse!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BeefCurry808 said:

@Stooge said:
    Coronacoins, Emerald Coast, & Royal Roosies are becoming very serious Silver Roosie Dime sets real quick like. Emerald Coast has the makings of a #2 set for sure.

Thank you for the acknowledgement :)

You are more than welcome. You have an amazing set, and an amazing guide to help you complete it.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:

@BeefCurry808 said:

@Stooge said:
    Coronacoins, Emerald Coast, & Royal Roosies are becoming very serious Silver Roosie Dime sets real quick like. Emerald Coast has the makings of a #2 set for sure.

and an amazing guide to help you complete it.

Who dat guide?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2016 9:11PM

@lablover said:
    Who dat guide?

You evidently don't read every post huh? Haha
    Start with the posts from October 18th and read from there...

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:

@BeefCurry808 said:

@Stooge said:

You are more than welcome. You have an amazing set, and an amazing guide to help you complete it.

I've watched the finest roosies on the registry before i had any. Nothing to start my collection off until i found the 46d and acquired that. Wheres the best source?

• Options

@Stooge said:

@lablover said:
    Who dat guide?

You evidently don't read every post huh? Haha
    Start with the posts from October 18th and read from there...

Yep, I'm usually behind the times, Emerald Coast is moving as is the others....so, whats new.. Nick's guiding? After all, he is da MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

I have also once owned your 46D. I bought it in an old NGC MS67 holder. I got the star added. It was placed in the Lablover collection where the FT was added and then in the Arthur Gowman collection. Somewhere along the line it re-graded at PCGS as MS68FB. Super original coin.

Paul, I'm working with Emerald Coast

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

I know....it's @lablover that didn't know. B)

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

BeefCurry,
    Best source is lablover, he finds more nicer Roosies than anyone.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I got robbed on this one. I though solid 67-67+. Think it's worth a crackout?

• Options

PC has tightened up recently. I cracked out a couple lock 67+FB. I graded both coins MS68FB. Both came back MS67FB.. :o

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:
    BeefCurry,

LOL

You're blowing sunshine up my skirt.

• Options

@Jinx86 said:
    I think I got robbed on this one. I though solid 67-67+. Think it's worth a crackout?

Looks solid MS67 to me too, just based on the image. But, in MS67, based on PCGS Price Guide, it's worth $14 more in MS67, and $88 in MS67+. Worth the grading fees? Only you can answer that, and it may take multiple submissions to get the grade.

• Options

@Pokeplayer101 said:
    I have seen mention of Emerald coast multiple times, but what is it exactly? Is it a collection that Nick is helping complete for a client who's anon? Like the same situation as the JHF?

Basically.... Yes, I'm not a dealer so I don't call anyone a client. A fellow collector I'm helping to build a top 3 Silver Roosie registry set. (Without Over Paying) and with above average (for the grade) coins in the set. His set is called Emerald Coast and you can see it in the 1946-1964 FB Roosevelt registry. Currently #57. 90% of the time when I sell an under grade I lose money.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    I have also once owned your 46D. I bought it in an old NGC MS67 holder. I got the star added. It was placed in the Lablover collection where the FT was added and then in the Arthur Gowman collection. Somewhere along the line it re-graded at PCGS as MS68FB. Super original coin.

What a history, im glad to be the permanent owner of the roosie :D

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:
    BeefCurry,

I think just being on this forum will get me great results when looking.

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2016 10:20AM

These don't even approach the grades you guys are posting, but I'm a sucker for these deep blues.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is selling their set in Heritage's January auction? Almost every coin is an NGC 68 (or better).

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nick ... check out my post on the Vegas thread over on the US Coin Forum. :)

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Wondercoin,
    A couple of blue meanies...like the 47s.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options

Me too!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Was wondering if anyone here received any Roosies for Christmas?

I picked up a blast white 1959 PCGS MS66+FB.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up a couple over the Holidays.

A raw 1957-D and an ICG MS66 1961.

No idea what PCGS will do with them.

• Options

@robec Those are really nice Dimes! Love the beautiful reverse toning.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:

I picked-up Viral Pharyngitis... :(

• Options

@lablover said:

@Stooge said:

Sorry Bro...
    Levaquin 500mgs i po q daily x 10 days.
    and plenty of liquids!

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Pokeplayer,
    Very nice for a clad coin. Unusually colorful.

• Options

@Stooge said:

@lablover said:

@Stooge said:

Sorry Bro...
    Levaquin 500mgs i po q daily x 10 days.
    and plenty of liquids!

The good news is I didn't pick-up something that needs Penicillin, and an explanation. :)

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just picked up a nice tabbed album with some pretty gems like this in it. We'll see what PCGS thinks..

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just arrived yesterday.

• Options
    MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the fact that there were 2 out of the 4 1983 no s dimes in 70dcam in the FUN auction. Did anyone bid on them?

• Options

@MACGE1 said:
    I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the fact that there were 2 out of the 4 1983 no s dimes in 70dcam in the FUN auction. Did anyone bid on them?

Not to many of the collectors here collect the 1968-Date proofs, although the 4 No/S dimes are altogether a different animal. The pop on this coin was a big fat ZERO for years, and then all of the sudden it was 1. I believe that dime resides in Dr. Browns #1 Proof set. Now it sits at 4 total. I think now that the cherrys been popped, the pop on this will bloom into a big fat # and the price again will crash on a decent coin to own.

IMHO, you will be able to grab one of these for cheap in about 5yrs.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Nick: Did the NGC-MS68 Roosies perform as you anticipated?

Wondercoin

• Options
    MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

@MACGE1 said:

Not to many of the collectors here collect the 1968-Date proofs, although the 4 No/S dimes are altogether a different animal. The pop on this coin was a big fat ZERO for years, and then all of the sudden it was 1. I believe that dime resides in Dr. Browns #1 Proof set. Now it sits at 4 total. I think now that the cherrys been popped, the pop on this will bloom into a big fat # and the price again will crash on a decent coin to own.

@Stooge said:

@MACGE1 said:

Perhaps it'll go up, I'm not so sure that it will. I ended up buying the 2and coin in the sale (the one with the QA sticker) for $7,050 with the juice.

• Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I have two very original roosie dime rolls... all Gem, or at a minimum would grade MS-64 by our hosts. I sent two of the coins in from each roll just to get a feel for the quality. For the '47-P roll, I received an MS-66 and MS-67 (no FB). For the '47-D roll, I got back an MS-65FB and a MS-66FB. How would you suggest I manage the rolls? How would you sell them? (all together, individually raw, individually after encapsulation)

Thanks!

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options

Hey Nick and Bill: So, tell us about the FUN Show from the Roosie side. Find anything? Make anything? Hated to miss the fun with you guy's. Did Billy kick butt in golf again?

• Options
    edited January 8, 2017 6:30PM

I left the golf course with more money than when I arrived. :)

I think you know that the magnificent rainbow 51s is now in a 68 holder. Overall, grading was very tight. I'll let Nick speak to upgrades.

Left my Roosie proof set for TruViews. Added a 53 from Larry Shepard, 89335947 is the cert, already has a TruView, so you can see it on PCGS site.

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:
    I left the golf course with more money than when I arrived. :)

I think you know that the magnificent rainbow 51s is now in a 68 holder. Overall, grading was very tight. I'll let Nick speak to upgrades.

Left my Roosie proof set for TruViews. Added a 53 from Larry Shepard, 89335947 is the cert, already has a TruView, so you can see it on PCGS site.

Billy, That number is not found in the PCGS database...

• Options

Look at 53 proofs . It is the coin pictured on the right, a proof 67

http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/5228

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:
    Look at 53 proofs . It is the coin pictured on the right, a proof 67

http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/5228

The cert. number is: 81335947, not 89335947.

Pretty proof Billy!!!

• Options

I bought 0 on the floor and at the auction. I did score a nice up-grade for my set. See if you can figure out which coin got up-graded. The auction lots went as I would have expected. A few sold for way to much but the majority stayed quite low. Nothing there I wanted.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    I did score a nice up-grade for my set. See if you can figure out which coin got up-graded.

Going to guess your '59-D or 1 of the '64's?

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:
    I did score a nice up-grade for my set. See if you can figure out which coin got up-graded.

No,

• Options

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:

My guess is your 48 went 68, or the 51D got the +.

• Options

@Pokeplayer101 said:
    Who made the 59D in 68FB? That coin has an amazing reverse.

NFC owned the 59D NGC MS68FT. The coin was offered to me in the NGC holder. I passed, my loss as NFC crossed it next time through. I don't know where the coin is today.

• Options

Prettiest Proof Rossevelt set I have ever seen. pcgs.com/setregistry/publishedset.aspx?s=146048&ac=1

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Prettiest Proof Rossevelt set I have ever seen. pcgs.com/setregistry/publishedset.aspx?s=146048&ac=1

Yep, no question about it...just beautiful. Great work Billy!!!

• Options

I've been promising to TruView these for a while. Thanks to everyone who has helped me put this together, especially Nick and Greattoning. Pretty good eye appeal for the #44 ranked set. ;)