Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #3

Comments

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

Is that more than$63.52?

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I won't be around tonight (we're celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary) I'll go ahead and post another one. We'll get to that other one tomorrow... :)

1952-S MS67+FB

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

Gary,
    You need to learn how to embellish your photos like Jim does...
    ;)

this is humor

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Gary,

I know you have first dibs. It's the Roosie code. But if you don't perform I'll swoop in and gobble it up. >:)

• Options

Ex-rainbowroosie 1955 S NGC MS67+*. Ex-PCGS MS67. Never been on the market. Unusual color for the year. Reminds me closest to a 58 D mint set toner.

Gary,
    That's a pretty 55S from Billy. Bill has a great eye, and even his left-overs ( ;) ) are great!!! Great addition for you...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

Ok, so Nick has waited long enough for me to post the 58D below. I have Pokeplayer101 to thank for the coin...thanks Gary! Just your basic, standard 1958-D, don't you think?

1958-D MS67+FB

• Options

Jim, I see MS68FB written all over that coin. Very similar to the 52S above without the big reverse stain. that is my kind of obverse. You let me know if Gary doesn't perform.

• Options

Gary,

If you still have the 53S 67FB you may have to sell me that coin so you can pay for this one. :*

• Options

@Pokeplayer101 said:
    Nick,

It should be going through the graders hands at PCGS any day now. It was sent back under te reconsideration tier.

I have a coin in the same sub that Jim really wants. I wonder if he'd consider a trade if it doesn't get the 68FB...

I suppose anything is possible. The only things I won't trade are my wife and dog's. Everything else is mostly available...at the right price. :)

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Gary,

If you still have the 53S 67FB you may have to sell me that coin so you can pay for this one. :*

There is nothing wrong with building up a cash hoard when buyers are there. That is not always the case. Just saying...

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rainbowroosie said:
    How about a photo of the 58d? I'll offer $63.52 sight unseen.

I'll bid $82.47 and a $1 for shipping!

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:

@rainbowroosie said:
    How about a photo of the 58d? I'll offer $63.52 sight unseen.

I'll bid $82.47 and a $1 for shipping!

Nick opened the bidding at $350...under-bidder. :p

• Options
    edited February 19, 2017 8:37PM

All in all a pretty good submission. I hope the next one that should pop-up in a week or so will be as good. Keep watch, it has 5 Roosies (each a Pokeplayer101 coin) and 2 Buffalo's I've had laying around for years.

• Options

Good luck on that 2 week wait. I dropped off a regular Submission at FUN last month and it's still not done. :#

• Options

yes, our hosts are processing orders very s l o w l y... :'(

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:
    yes, our hosts are processing orders very s l o w l y... :'(

My regular submission of the coins above processed in 19 business days.

• Options

My coins submitted the first day of FUN have progressed zero to date.

• Options

Gary, I love the look of that 52D. I wish it was FB

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Good luck on that 2 week wait. I dropped off a regular Submission at FUN last month and it's still not done. :#

I believe he was referring as of the day he posted. The coins were received by PCGS on 2/13.

• Options

I dropped off a crossover submission at FUN on 1/8. PC didn't log it in until 1/16 and it's still not done. This was not economy. It was The Regular $32 tier.

• Options
    edited February 24, 2017 8:48PM

@onlyroosies said:
    I dropped off a crossover submission at FUN on 1/8. PC didn't log it in until 1/16 and it's still not done. This was not economy. It was The Regular $32 tier.

Eight days? What the heck! What was it Ricky said" Lucy, you got some explaining to do"? Something's not right.

Did you use that $1.99 Get-Around-To-It Submission Level again?

• Options

Ok, we'll try another picture to see if anyone is out there in Roosie Land...

• Options

Jim,
    That coin is clearly AT. Send it to me and I'll send you a brand new shiny one of the same date.

• Options

I'm always hanging around Roosie Land!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

My grandfather left behind a bunch of coins in rolls. This was at the bottom of the box and the paper was falling apart in my hands, so I slid them as carefully as possible into a tube. This was my first time looking at all of them. I'll work on taking better pictures.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one nice roll! See several gems in there!

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erwindoc said:
    That is one nice roll! See several gems in there!

Thanks! It's my first time really viewing them. Had to scoop them up like I was holding a butterfly to get them in the tube.. supposedly there's some rare DDR 1964p's, not to be confused I think with the 64D ddo. Nothing stands out to me, but gosh they look like diamonds, I'll definitely be sending some to PCGS. Rosies have always been my favorite. First silver coin, first error, first slabbed piece, almost first everything haha.

• Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

…have a few PCGS graded Roosies if anyone needs them: 1997-p 68fb, 1995-d 67fb, 1994-d 67fb?

• Options

Those are some nice looking rejects

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

@MACGE1 said:
    I actually made that 91D about 2 years ago out of a mint set, and the coin looks spectacular. It was originally in an NGC holder as a 66FT. I put it up on eBay after it crossed where it sold about 2 days later.

I'm confused...

You made that 91D about 2yrs ago out of a mint set
    It was originally in an NGC holder

Can you please clarify...

I think he means that he found it in a mint set and sent it to NGC then someone crossed it to PCGS. That's my take.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    I think he means that he found it in a mint set and sent it to NGC then someone crossed it to PCGS. That's my take.

Dude, you need stop stop in more frequently. Those comments were made almost a month ago. Roosie news changes way to fast around here.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Dude, you need stop stop in more frequently. Those comments were made almost a month ago. Roosie news changes way to fast around here.

I know, I don't get over here to often. I don't have much to contribute with the BIG boys that post here. :/

• Options
    edited March 6, 2017 5:35PM

@onlyroosies said:

Agree. I believe that 50 is my old coin I sold to Bill. I see he/you crossed it. Very nice beginning!!!

• Options

@lablover said:

@onlyroosies said:

Agree. I believe that 50 is my old coin I sold to Bill. I see he/you crossed it. Very nice beginning!!!

Looking at that 50......what does it take to make 68. I mean....I don't see a mark on it....really.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@lablover said:

@onlyroosies said:

Looking at that 50......what does it take to make 68. I mean....I don't see a mark on it....really.

If it's the same coin, if not it's an identical twin, between Bill and myself, we most likely can't remember how many times it's been sent back for regrade w/NGC or PCGS. Someday it will make the grade IMHO

• Options

It takes super duper luster and a hammered strike

• Options

Jim, its the same coin

• Options

Like Nick says, getting a 68 now us challenging. I think they want booming luster regardless of no marks. The 50 is a 68 technically.

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:
    Like Nick says, getting a 68 now us challenging. I think they want booming luster regardless of no marks. The 50 is a 68 technically.

Give me those technical 68's for 67 money any day.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@rainbowroosie said:

Give me those technical 68's for 67 money any day.

That coin is more then 67 money.

• Options

Latest NEWP

• Options

@erwindoc said:
    Latest NEWP

Looks like a nice coin Jason. What is going on with the 47in the date?

• Options

@erwindoc said:
    Latest NEWP

MS67+

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2017 7:55PM

@lablover said:

@erwindoc said:
    Latest NEWP

Looks like a nice coin Jason. What is going on with the 47in the date?

Thanks Jim. It is just glare causing the illusion in the date. Same thing is causing the shadow on the cheek. NGC graded it MS67, but it is in one of their old fat holders. Now I have to decide about designation review for a star, resubmission for a potential star/+, or keeping it in the old holder. Probably stay put for now.

• Options
    edited March 10, 2017 2:53PM

58D often come with attractive toning, and that one is a great example! Might need better photos to bring out the colors. Mine is below and Tom Bush did a great job with the photos!

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 58-D has a blotchy reverse, but I love the obverse.

• Options
    edited March 10, 2017 6:55PM

Mine has ok color.

• Options

That was the first time I ever posted a photo! Here's another, not a Roosie but I like it.

• Options

This is like so fun! I am computer literate.

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:
    This is like so fun! I am computer literate.![]

Nope, not yet buddy...