Options

Is Kaepernick a jerk?

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2018 3:40PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:
    That didn't take long. Jets CEO will pay the players fine if they take a knee. I'm fine with this as well

I do not like imposing any club-specific rules,” Johnson said. “If somebody [on the Jets] takes a knee, that fine will be borne by the organization, by me, not the players. I never want to put restrictions on the speech of our players.

“Do I prefer that they stand? Of course. But I understand if they felt the need to protest. There are some big, complicated issues that we’re all struggling with, and our players are on the front lines. I don’t want to come down on them like a ton of bricks, and I won’t. There will be no club fines or suspensions or any sort of repercussions. If the team gets fined, that’s just something I’ll have to bear.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/jets-christopher-johnson-somebody-takes-knee-fine-will-borne-193305660.html

mark

All I can say is that Johnson is a jerk and is just brown-nosing the protesters. If I was Goodell ....... I would say fine if this happens you forfeit the game.

Johnson's got spine. He is smart. I like it. Goodell not so much. Goodell works for the owners. Not the other way around

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:
    Goodell is a moron.

“It was unfortunate that on-field protests created a false perception among many that thousands of N.F.L. players were unpatriotic,” Goodell said

What I never quite understood is why Goodell and many NFL owners placated and basically bowed down to these kneeling players? What, like there's a shortage of football players in America and these protesting players couldn't be easily replaced?

These protesting players should been perhaps heavily fined for the first incident, and cut for the second incident...and if some of the league's players quit over it, then so be it. I'm sure the number of players quitting, considering the big money they make, and most of them basically have no other discernible employment skills, that it would have been less than 1%.

The hammer should have been applied to Kaepernick immediately, and this problem would have been quickly solved and over with. Goodell allowed this to fester, and it's still going to fester with this new "policy" which only further alienates fans from the NFL.

Because like a lot of fellow Americans they didn't have a problem with it. Many supported the players. Many didn't

m

The fact is that of all the NFL fans I personally know, not one of them supported the players.

I would take a solid guess that well less than 5% of NFL fans supported the players...and it's not even debatable. It may even be less than 1%.

Of course, not every fan left, because same as me, they enjoy the NFL too much to allow some kneeling dopes and a timid commissioner to spoil it for us. But then again, everything, no matter how much we like it, has a breaking point whereby if it starts hissing us off enough, we get rid of it.

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 3:53PM

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:
    Goodell is a moron.

“It was unfortunate that on-field protests created a false perception among many that thousands of N.F.L. players were unpatriotic,” Goodell said

What I never quite understood is why Goodell and many NFL owners placated and basically bowed down to these kneeling players? What, like there's a shortage of football players in America and these protesting players couldn't be easily replaced?

These protesting players should been perhaps heavily fined for the first incident, and cut for the second incident...and if some of the league's players quit over it, then so be it. I'm sure the number of players quitting, considering the big money they make, and most of them basically have no other discernible employment skills, that it would have been less than 1%.

The hammer should have been applied to Kaepernick immediately, and this problem would have been quickly solved and over with. Goodell allowed this to fester, and it's still going to fester with this new "policy" which only further alienates fans from the NFL.

Because like a lot of fellow Americans they didn't have a problem with it. Many supported the players. Many didn't

m

The fact is that of all the NFL fans I personally know, not one of them supported the players.

I would take a solid guess that well less than 5% of NFL fans supported the players...and it's not even debatable. It may even be less than 1%.

Of course, not every fan left, because same as me, they enjoy the NFL too much to allow some kneeling dopes and a timid commissioner to spoil it for us. But then again, everything, no matter how much we like it, has a breaking point whereby if it starts hissing us off enough, we get rid of it.

No way Steve. "Your" numbers are whacked. Respectfully

The fact is I don't personally don't know one football fan that had a real issue with the kneelers other then just wishing they wouldn't kneel so the issue would go away. All of them respected their peaceful protest. Even my Dad.

Millions still attended games. Hundreds of millions watched on TV. They will continue to. It might be less but it will still be millions and hundreds of millions

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:
    That didn't take long. Jets CEO will pay the players fine if they take a knee. I'm fine with this as well

I do not like imposing any club-specific rules,” Johnson said. “If somebody [on the Jets] takes a knee, that fine will be borne by the organization, by me, not the players. I never want to put restrictions on the speech of our players.

“Do I prefer that they stand? Of course. But I understand if they felt the need to protest. There are some big, complicated issues that we’re all struggling with, and our players are on the front lines. I don’t want to come down on them like a ton of bricks, and I won’t. There will be no club fines or suspensions or any sort of repercussions. If the team gets fined, that’s just something I’ll have to bear.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/jets-christopher-johnson-somebody-takes-knee-fine-will-borne-193305660.html

mark

All I can say is that Johnson is a jerk and is just brown-nosing the protesters. If I was Goodell ....... I would say fine if this happens you forfeit the game.

Johnson's got spine. He is smart. I like it. Goodell not so much. Goodell works for the owners. Not the other way around

m

Some how I knew we would be on opposite sides of this. ;) This is just something I will not budge on.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:
    Goodell is a moron.

m

I don't personally don't know one football fan that had a real problem with the players. Even my Dad.

Millions still attended games. Hundreds of millions watched on TV. They will continue to. It might be less but it will still be millions and hundreds of millions

mark

You didn't notice the booing at the kneelers at NFL games? Sure seemed like mostly all those fans were booing.

The booing intensity subdided a bit towards the end of the season, but that's because the extremely hissed off NFL fans were not in attendance, and weren't watching the NFL on TV either.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:
    Goodell is a moron.

m

I don't personally don't know one football fan that had a real problem with the players. Even my Dad.

mark

You didn't notice the booing at the kneelers at NFL games? Sure seemed like mostly all those fans were booing.

The booing intensity subdided a bit towards the end of the season, but that's because the extremely hissed off NFL fans were not in attendance, and weren't watching the NFL on TV either.

did the boo'ers get in free ? Or did they buy tickets ? If they paid to get in then who cares if they boo? Don't they boo if the away team scores? Or if the kicker misses a kick?

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 4:21PM

Booing from the stands is easy. It only takes one drunk to start and the other drunks will follow without a second thought. Besides 1000 fans booing at the same time while the rest of the stadium is quiet can sound loud. Yes there are plenty of pissed off fans. I acknowledge that. It’s a tough issue. I wish they wouldn’t kneel themselves. But I’m not about to judge what’s it their hearts or what theie motivation is. They obviously got peoples attention.

And no to answer your question. Outside of one “highlight” or “lowlight” I didn’t see any of the anthems. I literally watch Red Zone 99% of the time on Sunday afternoons. I’m really into football

Thanks for the civil response. You’re a good dude

Mark

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

m

Some how I knew we would be on opposite sides of this. ;) This is just something I will not budge on.

You I wish would protest and stop watching games.

m

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

m

Dude made his money selling bad hip replacements.

• Options

Not really relevant but I feel obligated to keep things stirred up.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2018 4:22PM

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:
    Goodell is a moron.

m

"Of all the NFL fans I personally know"

Of course not one of them supported the players. That is more of an illustration of those with whom you choose to associate yourself, certainly not a diverse sample size, lol..

I know groups of individuals that support the players 100%. And other groups that don't.

I'm with Mark here. I personally think this issue has been way overblown by the media. I also couldn't care less what the NFL decides to do about it or how the owners respond to what the NFL decides to do. I have no issues with a private organization imposing rules it deems appropriate. And a large percentage of NFL fans feel similarly, I'm sure.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

mark

m

Dude made his money selling bad hip replacements.

he also traded away a 2nd round QB yesterday for a 7th round pic :D

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a guess, but I'm betting season ticket sales are down across a significant enough portion of the teams to prompt the policy change. Otherwise, why do it now? People were already locked in by the time this was in full swing last year and probably felt obligated to use the ones they couldn't sell.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2018 4:36PM

@stevek said:

Respectfully, that's because you, like most of us, are most comfortable in an echo chamber. We tend to surround ourselves with those who think and talk like us. Venturing out has the potential to put us in uncomfortable situations or discussions. It's much more fun and safe to stand in a circle and agree with each other and lash out at the idiots who disagree with us. Human nature and all that.

I am former military. Most, but not all, of the men and women I served with strongly agree that Kaep and the others who knelt were 100% wrong and were disrespectful of the Anthem and Flag. Many of the football-watching friends I have made in my local churches also believed that, but more than half sided with the players and the real reason they were kneeling, which nothing whatsoever to do with the Anthem or Flag.

@Coinstartled said:
    The players though didn't know what they were protesting. Many went along with the charade in the name of team unity. I suspect much of it can be attributed to concussion syndrome as no sane person stomps on the golden goose.

Thoroughly unsupported by facts and reality. Not to beat a dead horse (but since this thread had to be bumped by the usual uber-patriotic fellows, I'mma beat the damn thing), but none of us here do anything while black. We don't drive, eat, stay in Airbnb, work, anything at all while black. It was mentioned earlier and we all know this fact: there are more black men on NFL rosters than any other race, and it's not close. Who are you, Constartled, or anyone else here to judge why players knelt? Watch something besides FoxNews, read something besides Breitbart, Drudge and Gateway Pundit and listen to someone besides Hannity and Mark Levin. You just might see that people of color are being singled out all. the. time. while simply living their lives. THAT'S what Kaep and Reid and others were protesting. Not the song, and not the piece of cloth that both symbolize America.

• Options

The NFL set a record for revenue in 2017. The Panthers were just sold for a record 2.2 billion dollars. If I'm an owner, the last thing I'm worried about is revenue.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    The NFL set a record for revenue in 2017. The Panthers were just sold for a record 2.2 billion dollars. If I'm an owner, the last thing I'm worried about is revenue.

Indeed.

mark

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:
    Goodell is a moron.

m

"Of all the NFL fans I personally know"

Of course not one of them supported the players. That is more of an illustration of those with whom you choose to associate yourself, certainly not a diverse sample size, lol..

I know groups of individuals that support the players 100%. And other groups that don't.

I'm with Mark here. I personally think this issue has been way overblown by the media. I also couldn't care less what the NFL decides to do about it or how the owners respond to what the NFL decides to do. I have no issues with a private organization imposing rules it deems appropriate. And a large percentage of NFL fans feel similarly, I'm sure.

I'm proud to associate with those who respect our flag and stand during our National Anthem.

BTW: I'm sure you've probably been to a few NFL football games in your time. Did you ever notice a fan in the stands, unless they were handicapped, sitting down during the National Athem? I didn't think so. Case closed.

• Options

@TNP777 said:

@stevek said:

Respectfully, that's because you, like most of us, are most comfortable in an echo chamber. We tend to surround ourselves with those who think and talk like us. Venturing out has the potential to put us in uncomfortable situations or discussions. It's much more fun and safe to stand in a circle and agree with each other and lash out at the idiots who disagree with us. Human nature and all that.

I am former military. Most, but not all, of the men and women I served with strongly agree that Kaep and the others who knelt were 100% wrong and were disrespectful of the Anthem and Flag. Many of the football-watching friends I have made in my local churches also believed that, but more than half sided with the players and the real reason they were kneeling, which nothing whatsoever to do with the Anthem or Flag.

@Coinstartled said:
    The players though didn't know what they were protesting. Many went along with the charade in the name of team unity. I suspect much of it can be attributed to concussion syndrome as no sane person stomps on the golden goose.

Thoroughly unsupported by facts and reality. Not to beat a dead horse (but since this thread had to be bumped by the usual uber-patriotic fellows, I'mma beat the damn thing), but none of us here do anything while black. We don't drive, eat, stay in Airbnb, work, anything at all while black. It was mentioned earlier and we all know this fact: there are more black men on NFL rosters than any other race, and it's not close. Who are you, Constartled, or anyone else here to judge why players knelt? Watch something besides FoxNews, read something besides Breitbart, Drudge and Gateway Pundit and listen to someone besides Hannity and Mark Levin. You just might see that people of color are being singled out all. the. time. while simply living their lives. THAT'S what Kaep and Reid and others were protesting. Not the song, and not the piece of cloth that both symbolize America.

You want people to turn off Briebart and tune into Rachael Maddow ? :D:D:D . There is no such thing as news now , there never was any news to begin with, just competing agendas and stacks of dollar bills

• Options

I won't argue with you there, @bronco2078. And no, I wouldn't suggest replacing the above with Maddow, either. There is still decent news to be found out there, but I agree that most of it has an agenda.

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 4:52PM

Well stated, Geordie. Too often we refuse to come out of our comfort zone to at least entertain other perspectives and perceptions based on experiences with which we cannot identify. What's all but certain in discussions like these is no one is changing anyone's mind, at least on a sports message board where 98% of the individuals are middle aged white men who watch sports and collect cardboard.

• Options

@stevek said:
    I'm proud to associate with those who respect our flag and stand during our National Anthem.

BTW: I'm sure you've probably been to a few NFL football games in your time. Did you ever notice a fan in the stands, unless they were handicapped, sitting down during the National Athem? I didn't think so. Case closed.

I'm proud to associate with both. It's tiresome hearing/seeing people constantly conflate kneeling with disrespecting the Flag and Anthem. While I see and understand that you and many, many others see the kneeling as disrespectful towards the Flag/Anthem/country, I almost never see or hear them continue on and acknowledge why they're really kneeling. All "you" people seemingly want to talk about is how the action makes "you" feel, but not about the issues these players are trying to bring to light.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that their little "protest" will hit them in the wallet, we will see how phony all the protesters really are. Kaep already showed his phonyness by stating he would stand if given a job. These guys are just lemmings. They are young and it is "cool" to have something to protest.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

Indeed.

mark

Yeah, Bull crap. You think the owners (especially the New Panthers owner) want to revert to a single billion valuation. Ratings talk and they were in the toilet last year. Maybe it is time for the watered down NFL to take a backseat to ice hockey anyway.

• Options

@grote15 said:
    Well stated, Geordie. Too often we refuse to come out of our comfort zone to at least entertain other perspectives and perceptions based on experiences with which we cannot identify. What's all but certain in discussions like these is no one is changing anyone's mind, at least on a sports message board where 98% of the individuals are middle aged white men who watch sports and collect cardboard.

...Consider then that NFL players represent 1% of 1% of 1% of the male population that is talented enough to pick up a multiple zero paycheck that comes off the backs of stooges like us, as well as taxpayers with zero interest in the game.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

Indeed.

mark

Yeah, Bull crap. You think the owners (especially the New Panthers owner) want to revert to a single billion valuation. Ratings talk and they were in the toilet last year. Maybe it is time for the watered down NFL to take a backseat to ice hockey anyway.

The Panthers just sold for a record 2.2 billion dollars. The NFL set an all time record for revenue in 2017. What are you talking about? LOL..

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 5:04PM

@craig44 said:
    Now that their little "protest" will hit them in the wallet, we will see how phony all the protesters really are. Kaep already showed his phonyness by stating he would stand if given a job. These guys are just lemmings. They are young and it is "cool" to have something to protest.

Oh? I'd have to read back and see if my memory serves me right - I'd be shocked if you weren't one of the ones who scoffed when Kaep said he was going to give $1 million away to charity. I'd have to read further to see if you or any of the others posted to acknowledge that he followed through on that promise. I'm betting not. So clearly it wasn't about the money for him. Clearly he hasn't stopped being an activist since then, either. But I'm sure you and others will deflect and say that even giving the money away was must more attention grabbing, or that the money was given to charities that support some extreme agenda that you're dead-set against. Nothing is ever good enough, which again is human nature. I've got that same disease, and I try to fight against it when it occurs to me.

eta: meant to touch on Kaep stating that he'd stand if he got another chance to play.

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that he misses competing. Doesn't mean he's softened his activist ways, but he also realizes that kneeling will not help him get a job. I dunno for sure, though - that's just my take on that particular point.

• Options

@grote15 said:

Well the fan backlash to the kneelers certainly changed the mind of the NFL as the "new policy" was put into effect.

The problem is that the new policy isn't strong enough.

• Options

@TNP777 said:

I have found the opposite....

The group of guys I have breakfast with every Wednesday morning are all Vietnam Vets and to a man we all loath the players that are doing this kneeling or other gestures against the NA and Flag! Plus I have not talked to anyone in person anywhere that support the players. The only people I know that support the players are the few here on the boards.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Well the fan backlash to the kneelers certainly changed the mind of the NFL as the "new policy" was put into effect.

Yes, we should absolutely legislate and enforce fervent patriotism by punishing anyone who dares take advantage of their rights as an American citizen. Or maybe we should just start taking away those rights. Sound about right?

• Options

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

It's a token policy that will have little impact. The Jets have already stated they'd pay any fines levied by the league and more teams are sure to follow. Winning has been and always will be the primary agenda. You should understand that.

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 5:14PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

The group of guys I have breakfast with every Wednesday morning are all Vietnam Vets and to a man we all loath the players that are doing this kneeling or other gestures against the NA and Flag! Plus I have not talked to anyone in person anywhere that support the players. The only people I know that support the players are the few here on the boards.

You've just illustrated Geordie's (and my) point. You meet those guys for breakfast because you are like minded individuals who share certain beliefs and are comfortable within each others' company. Nothing wrong with that but let's not claim your group is representing a cross section of American culture, either.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

Dude, you're only cementing my earlier point. It's human nature that we surround ourselves with people who think like us. How long do you think a Vietnam vet that either had no problem with the kneeling or God forbid supported the kneeling would last as part of your Wednesday morning breakfast group? Not bloody long! And why would anyone want to try to dialogue or associate with someone (or group of someones) who is so steadfast in his/her belief that they won't even entertain an iota of dissenting thought?

• Options

@TNP777 said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

Our great folks of law enforcement likely save thousands of black lives throughout America each day in various ways, as well as all other Americans. But the one or a few cops who make a mistake, and often it's a perceived mistake by some in the public, not a mistake at all, as it was self-defense, and suddenly the one or a few mistakes take place and then there are kneeling players.

It is extreme hypocrisy to protest over a few cop mistakes, without acknowleging the fantastic work that the police do, day in and day out in what is one very tough job.

Ever watch that TV show called "Cops"...i know that I couldn't put up with that sort of aggravation and danger each day.

• Options

@TNP777 said:

@stevek said:

Yes, we should absolutely legislate and enforce fervent patriotism by punishing anyone who dares take advantage of their rights as an American citizen. Or maybe we should just start taking away those rights. Sound about right?

No one is taking their right to protest away. They just don't need to be doing it on the clock. Do it on your own time. If most people tried a little stunt like this while at work, they would be looking for a new job. So should these jokers

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 5:18PM

@craig44 said:

And if they still protest still in spite of being fined then what? What’s your play then?

m

• Options

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

Dude, you're only cementing my earlier point. It's human nature that we surround ourselves with people who think like us. How long do you think a Vietnam vet that either had no problem with the kneeling or God forbid supported the kneeling would last as part of your Wednesday morning breakfast group? Not bloody long! And why would anyone want to try to dialogue or associate with someone (or group of someones) who is so steadfast in his/her belief that they won't even entertain an iota of dissenting thought?

Wrong....this does not cement your point. This group was formed about 6 years ago...way before Kap the JERK started his disrespect. This group was not hand picked to have this view. But I don't see how any Vet would not have this view.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

Indeed.

mark

The Panthers just sold for a record 2.2 billion dollars. The NFL set an all time record for revenue in 2017. What are you talking about? LOL..

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I know how much the Panthers sold for. Do you think that that bubble will keep growing as the fan base declines. Take a look at the monthly loss of ESPN viewers. NFL has many problems that they cannot fix, starting with brain damage to the players. They need kneeling, America hating rosters like Rosie O'Donnell needs a carton of Moon Pies.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@craig44 said:

And if they still protest still in spite of being fined then what? What’s your play then?

m

Personally, I would suspend them without pay for a game. Protest to your little hearts content, just do it on your own time.

• Options

@TNP777 said:

@stevek said:

Come on now, stop acting silly. Nobody is saying that and you know it.

The players have every right to peacefully protest...and enough NFL fans who stop supporting the league have every right to put some financial hurt on the NFL, if the NFL doesn't smarten up.

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 5:28PM

@Coinstartled said:
    They need kneeling, America hating rosters like Rosie O'Donnell needs a carton of Moon Pies.

America-hating rosters? You, sir, are delusional. You assume quite a damn bit by saying even a single protesting player hates America.

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 5:27PM

@Coinstartled said:

@grote15 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

Indeed.

mark

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I know how much the Panthers sold for. Do you think that that bubble will keep growing as the fan base declines. Take a look at the monthly loss of ESPN viewers. NFL has many problems that they cannot fix, starting with brain damage to the players. They need kneeling, America hating rosters like Rosie O'Donnell needs a carton of Moon Pies.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOL, so basically you're saying ignore all the facts and data in favor of mglickers speculation on what or should be happening? Lolololol

Ok, now that I've enjoyed a good laugh, I will concede that the concussion issue and the effects of CTE are a significant problem facing the league in the long term. But it's certainly not due to kneeling for the anthem or how many subscribers ESPN has. Who watches cable TV anyway these days?

• Options

@stevek said:

The players have every right to peacefully protest...and enough NFL fans who stop supporting the league have every right to put some financial hurt on the NFL, if the NFL doesn't smarten up.

Silly? No. You literally said, "the problem is that the new policy isn't strong enough".

@DIMEMAN said:
    Wrong....this does not cement your point. This group was formed about 6 years ago...way before Kap the JERK started his disrespect. This group was not hand picked to have this view. But I don't see how any Vet would not have this view.

Then you don't (or won't) see. I am a vet, too. I do not have the same view as you and your friends. I am not alone in that.

• Options
    edited May 23, 2018 5:26PM

The NFL is not on ESPN. The NFL has the sweetest TV package cemented. The are a cash cow. They are expanding internationally. The Panthers sold for a record amount AFTER last season. The NFL made a record amount of money last year. Sorry to disappoint your constant sports doomsday stance. You’re wrong

m

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

@grote15 said:

It's a token policy that will have little impact. The Jets have already stated they'd pay any fines levied by the league and more teams are sure to follow. Winning has been and always will be the primary agenda. You should understand that.

Actually, their primary agenda is making money.

To us the NFL is good entertainment, to them it's work. And I don't begrudge them one bit making money off the good entertainment they provide.

However when they allow kneelers who disrespect our flag and National Anthem, then it stops becoming entertaining.

• Options

MN> @Justacommeman said:

The NFL is not on ESPN. The NFL has the sweetest TV package cemented. The are a cash cow. They are expanding internationally. The Panthers sold for a record amount AFTER last season. The NFL made a record amount of money last year. Sorry to disappoint your constant sports doomsday stance. You’re wrong

m

Moot point whether I am right or wrong. You want to stand for the fellows that won't, God bless you.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

But they do.

m

• Options

@stevek said:

@TNP777 said:

@stevek said:

if the nfl makes less money why should we care? Why do we want the NFL to make more money?
    Yay they are raising ticket prices , yay more tv commercials.
    Oh no poor NFL owners will have to squeak by on less billions , they are so amazing so intelligent so noble lets not stress them with lower revenues

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@TNP777 said:

@stevek said:

if the nfl makes less money why should we care? Why do we want the NFL to make more money?
    Yay they are raising ticket prices , yay more tv commercials.
    Oh no poor NFL owners will have to squeak by on less billions , they are so amazing so intelligent so noble lets not stress them with lower revenues

Exactly. I’ve said the same thing here many of times. I don’t care about ratings, how many billions the owners make or the millions the players make. It will effect me ZERO.

m

• Options

oh please please don't kneel bob kraft will have to unscrew some light bulbs because he wont be able to pay the light bill

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    MN> @Justacommeman said:

m

Moot point whether I am right or wrong. You want to stand for the fellows that won't, God bless you.

Weak cabbage.

m

This discussion has been closed.