Home Sports Talk
Options

2015 college football thread

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Baylor is fun to watch if nothing else. They can score. Third string QB!
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: larryallen73

If Iowa or MSU run the table they will be in. OSU would have to win at Michigan and PSU to beat MSU and then beat Iowa and get some additional help.

OSU does not own a real quality win. They can't afford not to play and win in the Big Ten Championship Game.

mark

Let's say MSU wins out. Let's say Clemson, ND, Alabama and OK State also win out. You really think MSU is in? I don't see that. Who you bumping?

Notre Dame in your scenario. But it looks like this point will become mute tonight. Oklahoma could still be a factor as well as a one loss team.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Originally posted by: keets

RE: Ohio State.

Still a little shocked at the way the game went on the Offensive side of the ball. Some might say that MSU beat the Buckeyes on both sides but considering how disgusting the Offensive play calling was and the number of three and out's the "D" was really put in a bad spot. Much of what has plagued OSU all season has been the loss of Herman as OC and that was never as evident as today when they almost entirely avoided passing. Against a Team with a good defense but a suspect secondary, that is what I had expected they would have attacked. Of the sixteen attempts I think only about 4-5 were downfield and they only ran Elliot THREE times in the second half. What were they thinking???

The play calling was weird in the second half

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    What an entertaining day of college football. Parity abounds. Ohio State goes down at home to a 2nd string QB, ND survives a scare from the top rated scoring defense in the nation and their arch nemisis despite having 5 turnovers, unbeaten Houston goes down, Baylor strums Oklahoma State in Oklahoma despite being on their 2nd and 3rd string QB's, Oklahoma survives by 1 at home against a totally decimated TCU (no Boykin who accounts for over 400 yards a game and no Doctson the star receiver) because of the bravado of Patterson going for two when his team had ALL the momentum and should have went for overtime, and Florida LOL did go to overtime against Florida Atlantic. Will be fun seeing who gets bumped the next couple weeks and who survives.
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gven the mounting injuries on some Teams and the outcomes this weekend I wonder if the season is a little too long, with some playing 13 games by the end of the Conference Championships??

What do you make of that, Mark?? The bulk of the plays run by OSU seemed to be either an option sweep, direct read/option run by Barrett, QB draw or a WR screen?? Put in a simpler form, the MSU defense only needed to concern themselves with defending the line-of-scrimmage, absolutely nothing downfield. I kept expecting the cameras to swing to the Ohio State sideline where I'd see either Woody Hayes or Ara Parseghian. Remember those old TV commercials that Ara did with the triple option Station Wagon??

Please don't think this is sour grapes from me. Despite some of the lackluster wins by OSU this year, what we saw yesterday surely isn't a good indication of what the Team can do. For whatever reason they disdained the pass(for almost the entire game) and put Elliot on the sideline for the second half. This brings to mind two thoughts, neither of which makes sense: If they decided not to pass, how do they leave one of the leading rushers in the Nation on the sideline?? ---or--- If Elliot was out of the game because they were going to pass, why did they continue to run???

• Options

Notre Dame in your scenario. But it looks like this point will become mute tonight. Oklahoma could still be a factor as well as a one loss team.

mark

Lol. Ya, it did. Baylor just wouldn't stop scoring. I wish Baylor played a lick of defense because they would be exciting in the playoffs. So let's say MSU, OK and Baylor win out. You would take MSU over OK or Baylor? I don't know. Not saying it's impossible to happen but I think I would take Ok or Baylor. Although it's close. MSU gets credit for the win over Oregon but Oregon's brand new transfer QB was hurt and they still barely beat Oregon and they got the fluke win against Michigan. Their only good win was against Ohio State who we all think is a great team but they haven't played anybody so it's hard to know for sure. Will be interesting to see what the committee comes up with. This week I say:

Clemson
    Alabama
    ND
    Iowa
    OK
    Baylor
    MSU
    OSU
    Michigan
    Stanford

I feel like Florida's game yesterday was really a "loss" and should move them out of the top 10.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was matching the Big Ten network and apparently there are some interesting comments coming out of Columbus... I suspect this should hit ESPN shortly if it hasn't already. Looks as if there are public player complaints as to play calling...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Originally posted by: coinkat
    I was matching the Big Ten network and apparently there are some interesting comments coming out of Columbus... I suspect this should hit ESPN shortly if it hasn't already. Looks as if there are public player complaints as to play calling...

Lol. You have one of the most successful coaches of all time and a bunch of kids are complaining. Crazy world we live in!
  • Options
    Crazy world we live in!

Most accurate post from anyone, including myself, in this whole thread.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    I swear the voters have NO clue what they are doing. What in the World does Michigan State have to do to get any respect? They should be ahead of Alabama. They have wins over Ohio State, Michigan, and Oregon. Alabama has one win over a ranked team(#23 Mississippi state).

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options

mark

Lol. Ya, it did. Baylor just wouldn't stop scoring. I wish Baylor played a lick of defense because they would be exciting in the playoffs. So let's say MSU, OK and Baylor win out. You would take MSU over OK or Baylor? I don't know. Not saying it's impossible to happen but I think I would take Ok or Baylor. Although it's close. MSU gets credit for the win over Oregon but Oregon's brand new transfer QB was hurt and they still barely beat Oregon and they got the fluke win against Michigan. Their only good win was against Ohio State who we all think is a great team but they haven't played anybody so it's hard to know for sure. Will be interesting to see what the committee comes up with. This week I say:

You forgot to mention that Mich state also lost on a fluke play that was a bad call by the official, so they should probably be undefeated.

• Options
    Originally posted by: garnettstyle

mark

You forgot to mention that Mich state also lost on a fluke play that was a bad call by the official, so they should probably be undefeated.

I didn't forgot. The Mich win and Nebraska game probably balance out fairly well. Plus even if that play is ruled out of bounce Neb would still of had the ball.

Alabama wins against ranked teams stands. They were ranked when Alabama pummeled them.

mark

• Options

Gven the mounting injuries on some Teams and the outcomes this weekend I wonder if the season is a little too long, with some playing 13 games by the end of the Conference Championships??

What do you make of that, Mark?? The bulk of the plays run by OSU seemed to be either an option sweep, direct read/option run by Barrett, QB draw or a WR screen?? Put in a simpler form, the MSU defense only needed to concern themselves with defending the line-of-scrimmage, absolutely nothing downfield. I kept expecting the cameras to swing to the Ohio State sideline where I'd see either Woody Hayes or Ara Parseghian. Remember those old TV commercials that Ara did with the triple option Station Wagon??

Please don't think this is sour grapes from me. Despite some of the lackluster wins by OSU this year, what we saw yesterday surely isn't a good indication of what the Team can do. For whatever reason they disdained the pass(for almost the entire game) and put Elliot on the sideline for the second half. This brings to mind two thoughts, neither of which makes sense: If they decided not to pass, how do they leave one of the leading rushers in the Nation on the sideline?? ---or--- If Elliot was out of the game because they were going to pass, why did they continue to run???

The only thing I can think is that OSU out thunk itself since MSU was over commiting between the tackles. That and they were afraid of the QB/RB exchange in the rain. Figure the sweeps and screens were safer. Very curious

mark

• Options
    AP Top 25

I thought Oklahoms St would fall further. The rest I don't have an issue with

Mark

1. Clemson [55 first place votes] (1)

2. Alabama [6] (3)

3. Iowa (6)

4. Notre Dame (5)

5. Oklahoma (7)

6. Michigan State (9)

7. Baylor (10)

8. Ohio State (2)

9. Oklahoma State (4)

10. Florida (8)

11. North Carolina (12)

12. Michigan (14)

13. Stanford (15)

14. Florida State (16)

15. TCU (11)

16. Navy (19)

17. Northwestern (20)

18. Oregon (23)

19. Ole Miss (25)

20. Washington State (24)

21. Houston (13)

22. UCLA (NR)

23. Mississippi State (NR)

24. Toledo (NR)

25. Temple (NR)
  • Options
    When talking to my son this afternoon his thoughts were that Meyer was afraid of making a mistake so he played it close to the belt. I guess that's as good an assessment as anything else.

next week will tell us a lot about the Buckeyes. I was sort of surprised by the lack of discipline regarding the social media posts, but it points me to the belief that something was awry prior to this defeat. After all, it's only one game and the guys who are most upset still have 1-2 seasons to play. The week leading up to the Michigan game is almost like a spiritual retreat and the players don't need those kind of distractions, they need to be fully focused or the season will end at 10-2. Realistically, OSU won't be in the playoffs but the Coaches and Team should have the mindset that anything can happen so you just take care of your business and let whatever happens take care of itself.
  • Options
    Im just super excited about the UM-OSU match up in a game that matters. Michigan a 2.5 favorite as I type.

mark
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman
    Im just super excited about the UM-OSU match up in a game that matters. Michigan a 2.5 favorite as I type.

mark

I am not a betting expert but that surprises me. I would think OSU would be favored by a few. Hopefully it's a good game.
  • Options

mark

Alabama wins against ranked teams stands. They were ranked when Alabama pummeled them.

All that means is they beat over ranked teams. Means nothing. Are you really going to count Texas A&M, LSU, and Georgia as top 20 wins because the typical preseason SEC hype machine had them ranked up there at the time? Those teams have shown what they truly are and it is not good.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard this is the first UM QB to throw for more than 250 yards per game in three consecutive games...

Seems a difficult stat to believe. Their passing game has looked great and Harbaugh and the players deserve credit for a great season. I do think they are going to need to run the ball better than they did against Penn State. I think UM will beat OSU, but I thought that would be the Buckeyes only loss. Now Penn State has to beat MSU- which does not seem likely.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

mark

All that means is they beat over ranked teams. Means nothing. Are you really going to count Texas A&M, LSU, and Georgia as top 20 wins because the typical preseason SEC hype machine had them ranked up there at the time? Those teams have shown what they truly are and it is not good.

The preseason hype machine had Ohio State as an unanimous number one also. You quoted the AP and coaches polls when they had OSU ranked 1 and also when they were ahead of Alabama. They were right then and now they are wrong? You never mention Alabama's waxing of Wisconsin. Why is that? Anyways no matter where they were ranked then or now LSU and Texas A&M are good teams. Beating them counts.

By the way I hate Alabama and don't think I have ever ever ever rooted for them. Can't say the same about any other team.

I see the coaches poll had the top ten exactly the same as the AP with the exception of Oklahoma State and Florida swapping 9 & 10. So according to you the committee is wrong, the coaches are wrong and the sport writers are wrong. Did I get that all right?

mark

• Options

mark

The preseason hype machine had Ohio State as an unanimous number one also. You quoted the AP and coaches polls when they had OSU ranked 1 and also when they were ahead of Alabama. They were right then and now they are wrong? You never mention Alabama's waxing of Wisconsin. Why is that? Anyways no matter where they were ranked then or now LSU and Texas A&M are good teams. Beating them counts.

By the way I hate Alabama and don't think I have ever ever ever rooted for them. Can't say the same about any other team.

I see the coaches poll had the top ten exactly the same as the AP with the exception of Oklahoma State and Florida swapping 9 & 10. So according to you the committee is wrong, the coaches are wrong and the sport writers are wrong. Did I get that all right?

mark

Which conference is always overhyped with too many pre season teams ranks? I think we all know the answer. And yes Ohio state did have a 23 game winning streak. They deserved their ranking opposed to the sec teams getting ranked just because they have sec attached to their name.

• Options
    I think the Big Ten is just as guilty of being over hyped..............anyways I have one question. When you wake up first thing in the morning is it hard to brush your teeth through your Buckeye helmet? Know bought you where one to bed, Its the only explanation

mark
  • Options
    I think the Big Ten is just as guilty of being over hyped..............anyways I have one question. When you wake up first thing in the morning is it hard to brush your teeth through your Buckeye helmet? Know bought you where one to bed, Its the only explanation

mark

What outlet overhypes the Big 10? Certainly not ESPN image

• Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭
    Well this Saturday certainly brought a lot more clarity. I think you separate the contenders into 5 distinct groups, each will have one claimant:

ACC: Clemson - UNC winner

BIG 12: Oklahoma if they beat Ok St. If Ok St wins then it goes to Baylor if they beat TCU. If TCU wins, back to Ok State.

Big 10: Iowa - MSU winner

SEC: Alabama - Florida winner, but Florida must beat FSU

Notre Dame must beat Stanford.

This also assumes no more big upsets (Penn St over MSU, Texas over Baylor, etc..).

If all the chalk wins, I'm thinking:

1) Alabama (the committee can't wait to rank them #1)

2) Clemson

3) Oklahoma

4) Iowa (or even MSU)

I think Oklahoma is in over Notre Dame despite the Texas thing because Oklahoma will have 3 wins better than Notre Dame. An undefeated Iowa is not getting left out no matter what. If it comes down to MSU & Notre Dame, I think the Ohio State win get MSU in.

• Options
    Its also fun to play with disaster scenarios:

ACC: UNC beats Clemson

Big 12: No real disasters possible at this point. If Ok State wins against Oklahoma and TCU beats Baylor that's as bad as it can get for the Big 12.

Big 10: Iowa beats MSU after losing to Nebraska.

SEC: Florida beats Alabama after losing to FSU.

Notre Dame loses to Stanford.

If all this happens, give me 4!

Here are mine:

1) Oklahoma State

2) Alabama

3) Iowa

4) UNC

What say you, CU comnenters?

• Options
    Originally posted by: PM770

Big 12: No real disasters possible at this point. If Ok State wins against Oklahoma and TCU beats Baylor that's as bad as it can get for the Big 12.

Here are mine:

1) Oklahoma State
    2) Alabama
    3) Iowa
    4) UNC

I like all of the above. More fun to think about the what ifs. Plus, if Stanford beats ND then some might try to get them into the playoffs (not I) so hopefully they then lose to UCLA/USC in the Pac 12 championship game to keep things murky. Fun stuff!
  • Options

Here are mine:

1) Oklahoma State
    2) Alabama
    3) Iowa
    4) UNC

I like all of the above. More fun to think about the what ifs. Plus, if Stanford beats ND then some might try to get them into the playoffs (not I) so hopefully they then lose to UCLA/USC in the Pac 12 championship game to keep things murky. Fun stuff!

Yeah, I forgot that potential Stanford piece of the equation. Even so, I'm not sure a 2-loss Stanford can crack the Top 4, even under the disaster scenario.
  • Options

Here are mine:

1) Oklahoma State

2) Alabama

3) Iowa

4) UNC

FYI Iowa is only a 2.5 favorite over Neb so it really wouldn't be an upset. I've been expecting it.

If Iowa loses to Nebraska they are out period IMO even with a win against MSU. There is no lock a one win Big Ten gets a team in. Could easily be Clemson, Alabama. ND and Oklahoma. If MSU runs the table they are in.

I think there is a realistic shot that North Carolina will lose this week @ NCST. They almost lost to a mediocre Virginia Tech team (5-6) last weekend. (30-27 in OT)

Mark
  • Options
    A 1-loss Iowa would certainly need a lot to happen, like everyone getting 2-losses which is the disaster scenario. Extremely unlikely, but sometimes fun to mess around with.

That Iowa line is somewhat surprising to me.
  • Options

A 1-loss Iowa would certainly need a lot to happen, like everyone getting 2-losses which is the disaster scenario. Extremely unlikely, but sometimes fun to mess around with.

That Iowa line is somewhat surprising to me.

Border war

Nebraska needs the game to become officially bowl eligible ( some 5-7 teams might be needed this year to fill the slots so they could back door that way)

Iowa best win is against NW. Next best wins Wisconsin and Pittsburgh. Respectable but thats it. They didn't play MSU, Mich, OSU or even Penn St. They are still suspect. Vegas is underwhelmed by Iowa

I could be totally wrong but I think Nebraska rolls up on Iowa pretty good.

mark

• Options
    the Big 10 could eliminate itself from the Playoff with a battle for the Conference --- OSU beating Michigan while MSU loses to Penn State would mean that a Buckeye win in the Conference game against Iowa would eliminate everyone.

it all gives me a headache!!
  • Options
    Theres a chance 2 Big 10 teams get in if OSU spanks Michigan. If Oklahoma loses than there will be no clear cut Big 12 champion just like last year

• Options
    Another reason why the NCAA needs to grow some Balls and give the fans a true Championship. I would have thought that after last year with TCU whining the way they did that they would have fixed that.
  • Options
    Another reason why the NCAA needs to grow some Balls and give the fans a true Championship. I would have thought that after last year with TCU whining the way they did that they would have fixed that.

I don't remember the TCU coach whining. They didn't win their conference. I don't see a 8 team playoff in the near future because its too many games for the players.

• Options
    perhaps I'm mistaken, but what I recall from last year is that TCU had a solid season and justifiable argument for being the #4 Team. What essentially kept them out was the lack of a clear Conference Champion(ship) which still hasn't been resolved. The counter to the complaining by the Team in general and their fans in particular was a decision the Conference had made to not have a Championship and Baylor/TCU shared it, correct??
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    Re Disaster Scenario:

If Clemson has only one loss, they will be in, not UNC.

If ND loses, they are out Stanford has a shot if they win out.

They would displace the ACC champion.

The Big 12 champion will be in. They have a way

to break every possible tie.

Big 10 champion will be in no matter what.

SEC champion will be in no matter what.

Now for my rant: ND belongs with the Big 10 teams. Did they sell out

the Wake Forest home game? I kept getting emails that tickets were available.

South Bend is a small hotel town. When ND played Purdue, Michigan, MSU, Northwestern, etc, these

schools fans could make a day trip to the game. People are not driving to northern Indiana from Winston Salem NC.

Second rant: what was with those ND ultra green uniforms? Way too busy. Doug Flutie said he

couldn't read the blue on green numbers because he was color blind. He was the lucky one.

Third rant: The Big 8 became the Big 12 then broke up. Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado went

to 3 different conferences. How did that go for them?

• Options
    Disagree with your Clemson scenario. If Norh Carolina beats Clemson they will be higher ranked

Either a one loss Baylor or Oklahoma probably gets in. Perhaps a one loss Okahoma State team. One of these three.

Florida or Alabama with one loss gets in. Both could loss this weekend for their second loss. Obviously the loser of their Championship game will suffer a loss but they could both have 2 losses going into the game.

Lots of football to be played

It will be interesting to see how they handle two loss teams vs one loss teams. Strength of schedule could be huge

mark

• Options

perhaps I'm mistaken, but what I recall from last year is that TCU had a solid season and justifiable argument for being the #4 Team. What essentially kept them out was the lack of a clear Conference Champion(ship) which still hasn't been resolved. The counter to the complaining by the Team in general and their fans in particular was a decision the Conference had made to not have a Championship and Baylor/TCU shared it, correct??

You remembered correctly. It was Baylor who actually complained more loudly though. Patterson at TCU was a little more reserved.

mark
  • Options
    Theres a chance 2 Big 10 teams get in if OSU spanks Michigan. If Oklahoma loses than there will be no clear cut Big 12 champion just like last year

This is a 0% chance two Big 10 teams get in. Ohio State only gets in if they win the Big 10 title. If so, then MSU and Iowa would have lost so they wouldn't be in.

There is a better chance that 0 Big Ten teams get in than 2 Big Ten teams get in.

Consider this:

Undefeated Clemson

One-loss conference champions: Alabama, Oklahoma, Michigan State

Plus a one-loss Notre Dame.

Can you say with 100% certainty than MSU is in under that scenario? I can't.
  • Options
    Just to reiterate the TCU thing last year. Spilled milk but they dominated and played several good teams. They were ahead of Baylor by 21 in the 4th, if I remember, and just melted down. One quarter of bad football kept them out and let Ohio State in. Not to say Ohio State didn't deserve it but it was splitting hairs to pick one over the other in my opinion. Ohio State made the most of their opportunity.

As for this year there is a ton of football to play and as the committee has demonstrated they will move teams around. It's not like the old days where you only move up when others lose. Teams can make major moves. I don't see two teams from any conference getting in absent some strange happenings the next two weeks. I think the committee wants different conferences represented unless they are stuck one year (i.e. two 12-0 Big 12 teams for example).

No team is a lock if they lose a game from here on out. Any loss will make your status shaky at best.

I totally agree with the above comments about ND should be in the Big 10. No question.

In terms of conference re-alignment when the Pac 10 expanded I was disappointed they let in Colorado. Not that they haven't had some good teams over the years but the Pac 10 is all easy rivals (LA schools, AZ schools, Nor Cal, Oregon and Washington). So bring in Utah and BYU fine. However, UU and Colorado are probably 500 miles apart so makes no sense to me. I would have rather had Boise State than Colorado.

Coming weekend games remind me of my childhood when I had no clue or care about anything in college football except who would win when USC played UCLA. The winner went to the Rose Bowl, many years, and that was the ultimate destination for the Pac 8/10 winner. Never once talked about the national championship. Beating $C and getting to the Rose Bowl was the pinnacle for us. I miss those days.
  • Options
    I think the committee wants different conferences represented unless they are stuck one year

If this is fact it would behoove them not to expand the format to allow the most possible Conferences with a true Champion to compete. It doesn't make sense for them to "choose" which ones play.
  • Options

This is a 0% chance two Big 10 teams get in. Ohio State only gets in if they win the Big 10 title. If so, then MSU and Iowa would have lost so they wouldn't be in.

There is a better chance that 0 Big Ten teams get in than 2 Big Ten teams get in.

Consider this:

Undefeated Clemson

If MSU or Iowa wins out, they will be in for sure. Ohio State would still have a shot if there is a 2 loss sec champ. Would be hard to leave out a 1 loss defending national champion who barely lost, especially if they have a convincing win at Michigan. Plus they have the brand name in their favor.

• Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    1) Clemson

2) Alabama

3) Oklahoma

4) Iowa

5) Michigan State

6) Notre Dame

7) Baylor

8) Ohio State

9) Stanford

10) Michigan

11) Oklahoma State

12) Florida

Wow! Notre Dame probably out. Top 4 will be the final

4 if they win out.

Ohio State at Michigan is man football. Noon kickoff at the Big House. Spread is pick-em.
  • Options
    Four Big 10 teams in the top ten. The SEC sucks this year. This might be the year where 2 teams from the same conference makes the playoffs.

• Options

This might be the year where 2 teams from the same conference makes the playoffs.

True. If Baylor and Oklahoma win this week they both could make the playoffs.

mark

• Options
    This might be the year where 2 teams from the same conference makes the playoffs.

True. If Baylor and Oklahoma win this week they both could make the playoffs.

mark

No way 2 big 12 teams get in. Weak conference. Big 10 has the best chance to get 2 in.

• Options
    Originally posted by: s4ny

1) Clemson

2) Alabama

3) Oklahoma

4) Iowa

5) Michigan State

6) Notre Dame

7) Baylor

8) Ohio State

9) Stanford

10) Michigan

11) Oklahoma State

12) Florida

Wow! Notre Dame probably out. Top 4 will be the final

4 if they win out.

Ohio State at Michigan is man football. Noon kickoff at the Big House. Spread is pick-em.

The Iowa- Nebraska game is basically a pick em also and should be fun. Iowa's advantage is they have won a lot of close games.

mark

• Options
    Should be an entertaining finish. Good luck to everyone's favorites. Will enjoy watching games that mean something this weekend, especially with the gods and goddesses (who collectively have the ONLY opinions that matter) of college football showing an inclination to just move teams around based on their subjective opinions and criteria. Have cleared my calendar of all law school related activities from Thursday until Sunday, so I can lie my fat butt on the couch all day Friday and Saturday and watch football and eat Turkey Day leftovers. What a life!! Now if I can just convince my other household members to go Black Friday shopping and leave me home in peace image
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Consider this:

Undefeated Clemson

Without a doubt, MSU gets in under that scenario. You're gonna deny a 1-loss conference champion with wins over Oregon, Michigan, Ohio, and Iowa? And whose only loss was a screwjob by the refs? No chance they get left out. None.

• Options
    I wonder if the committee is "setting the table" in such a way as to make it certain that they get the right Teams into the final four?? They seem to have settled on which Conferences they want --- ACC, SEC, Big 12 and Big 10. Just in case something bad happens to their set-up they have Notre Dame waiting and if the seemingly impossible happens they have Baylor and Ohio State there to bail them out.

Please don't tire of me saying it, but there really needs to be a true format with a Team from each Conference and an Independent to paint a truer picture of which Team is the best.