Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2015 High Relief Gold Coin/Silver Medal (UH8 & UH9)

Comments

• Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Could you please post links of coins that have sold for $1550????

The lowest I see is around $1740 >>

Link
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have upgraded shipping. This UPS service takes forever for me. I ordered at 12:01 still not here despite being in major metro area. Ugh!

Those lucky enough to have them already seem to b doing quite well on Feebay. Flood has not hit yet. I guess that some buying on Feebay, if they even know can get from Mint, C backorder date and don't realize they R shipping now.

All my Oct 1 back ordered have shipped. I figured I'd have at least a few weeks on those to C how its going.

Will b interesting to watch. If they don't sell out soon there could b a lot of returns.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that 84% of the authorized mintage was sold in the first 3 1/2 days, I'd be extremely surprised if it doesn't sell out sometime this week.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    Voltaire: Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero.

• Options

<< <i>Considering that 84% of the authorized mintage was sold in the first 3 1/2 days, I'd be extremely surprised if it doesn't sell out sometime this week. >>

I hope so. If not could C tons of returns as CC bills due and return period is 7 days.
  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Considering that 84% of the authorized mintage was sold in the first 3 1/2 days, I'd be extremely surprised if it doesn't sell out sometime this week. >>

And considering that it went from c35,000 to c42,000 since Friday, that's really good. Hope they sell out before the ANA starts.

Even though the packaging isn't anything special, it's much easier to store than the UHR boxes we have in our conference room.

- Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    It's not a coin or it wouldn't have the metal content on it. It's bullion. The Gold Kennedy sold something like 67k the first day and took forever to sell 75k. Risk reward doesn't make my cut. The Eisenhower C&C is a whole other story.
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's not a coin or it wouldn't have the metal content on it. It's bullion. >>

Using that criteria, that would make many territorials bullion.

I am not sure what your point is with this comment. It has a denomination and coin orientation...therefore, it's a coin.
  • Options

<< <i>It's not a coin or it wouldn't have the metal content on it. It's bullion. The Gold Kennedy sold something like 67k the first day and took forever to sell 75k. Risk reward doesn't make my cut. The Eisenhower C&C is a whole other story. >>

It most certainly is a coin. It's a legal tender US coin produced by the US Mint. To say otherwise is just plain ignorant. It's also bullion just like many double eagles, Morgan dollars, Peace dollars, and most .900 fine US coins produced before 1965. The US Trade dollar shows the metal content so I guess it's not a coin in your opinion.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a coin with a legal lender value of $100.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is a coin with a legal lender value of $100. >>

Anything monetized is considered a coin.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my five pieces. Even though the packages say "ADULT SIGNATURE" they were just left in the P.O. Box.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, just to make it official, the mint published their sales:

UH8...UHR 24K GOLD...41,930...8/2/2015

It's not a UHR, but hey, it's the government! image
  • Options
    Got my 2 today, ordered in the first 25 minutes
    Now to get home and do some serious ogling image

• Options

<< <i>Got my five pieces. Even though the packages say "ADULT SIGNATURE" they were just left in the P.O. Box. >>

So, you didn't really get it.imageimage

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options

<< <i>Well, just to make it official, the mint published their sales:

UH8...UHR 24K GOLD...41,930...8/2/2015

It's not a UHR, but hey, it's the government! image >>

Based on what I've seen in the pics, the relief is much higher than the 1921 Peace Dollar which is touted as being a high relief coin.

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    LucyBop, Beautiful Picture.
    Sure looks nice.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << It's not a coin or it wouldn't have the metal content on it. It's bullion. >>

Another factor that it is a coin; it has coin alignment. Meaning if you hold it with the obverse Liberty face up and flip it north to south (flipping it along the east/west horizontal axis) the reverse's eagle is right side up = coin alignment.

If it were a medal the eagle would show upside down (medal alignment) Medals require an east west flip along the verticle north/south axis for both obverse and reverse to show right side up.

PS:
    Nice pic LucyBop

• Options
    The UPS guy just delivered my three coins. I'm going to leave the package sealed in case I want to sell them. In the past dealers paid a premium for limited issue coins such as this that were left in their original packaging compared to those coins that had been opened. I guess they are assuming there may be 70's in the unopened packages while opened packages have already had the 70's cherry-picked out of them. After seeing the many pics of this beautiful coin posted here I decided to buy another single coin to open and keep in my collection. Unfortunately it may take some time to get it. By the way, great pic Lucy!

• Options
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options

<< <i>LucyBop, Beautiful Picture.
    Sure looks nice. >>

Indeed. Fantastic pic!
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That obverse die polish is really something else. image
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Was home all day. UPS said they attempted delivery but no one home...?
    No notice left either. Isn't that great?
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Lucy, Thanks for sharing the pics. Your coin's reverse looks really nice. Is that excessive die polish on the obverse - or id tiled, would you see it?

<< <i>image >>

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options

<< <i>Was home all day. UPS said they attempted delivery but no one home...?
    No notice left either. Isn't that great? >>

Been there. SO frustrating!!!!!!
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

driver was running late....cutout some deliveries. ....complain to UPS customer service .. don't fall for.... are you willing to pick up package
  • Options

<< <i>Got my five pieces. Even though the packages say "ADULT SIGNATURE" they were just left in the P.O. Box. >>

Imagine if P.O. left it in the wrong box .. marked delivered
  • Options

<< <i>The BST already has sellers tripping over themselves to see who can sell at the lowest point now. Wanna-be dealers who bought in large volume and know their CC bills will be coming in sooner than later.

Started off seeing prices immediately after the coins went on sale. Saw $1600+. Now seeing $1550 as the low. Obviously, still cheaper buying from the mint, for those that want one and when available, but it is interesting to watch. Some still have them for $1800/coin. Methinks those will stay for awhile.

Now, as to whether or not these will do well in the long run, I have no clue. Just interesting watching the usual quick flippers and how they are undercutting everyone to get their $50+/coin and get out (volume does add up) versus the smaller "buy a few to resell and help pay for the one I want to keep" folks, who would obviously like to sell for $200+/coin.

No dog in this fight at the moment so I just watch with amusement. >>

This will not be a flippers coin image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is a coin with a legal lender value of $100. >>

image Sorry. If that is a typo.
    You got me thinking Master ™ Card.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTH! Did the mint hire Stevie Wonder in their QC department?

<< <i>image >>

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

driver was running late....cutout some deliveries. ....complain to UPS customer service .. don't fall for.... are you willing to pick up package >>

Won't be available today. Grrrr
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options

<< <i>

Imagine if P.O. left it in the wrong box .. marked delivered >>

I would think w no signature the buyer would b OK but would b a real pain.
  • Options
    VincennesVincennes Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Modern Coin Mart now has them listed for sale on there website.
  • Options
    SouthcountySouthcounty Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I know it's a coin I was being a smart azz but I think it would be better without spelling it out. Territorials were bullion when they were circulating. Still think it's the next flavor of the day that will go down in flames. If there are not BST to buy I stay away. Don't sell your Eisenhower C&C for less than $200. Truman got to $170 boxes of 5. It will be more work to accumulate, except that nimrod that gets thousands of every limited issue. I'll bet he pays all those people he gets to order pennies on what he makes. When I tell by brother, sisters, friends to order I tell them where to sell them and let them make the money.

That thing on Libertys cheek is a headset, she has her cell phone in her pocket.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That eagle is killer

I like some of the personal photos of it shown so far.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    gummibeargummibear Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    I think the die polisher was broken so they grabbed the belt sander instead. Yikes.

<< <i>WTH! Did the mint hire Stevie Wonder in their QC department?

<< <i>image >>

>>

• Options
    The 2009 UHR Saints had similar die polish. Not really visible to the naked unless you tilt it just right under a bright light source.

• Options

<< <i>Lucy, Thanks for sharing the pics. Your coin's reverse looks really nice. Is that excessive die polish on the obverse - or id tiled, would you see it?

>>

Honey, there is nothing wrong here, they simply polished it with high grit sand paper.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    It's not as bad when the coin is seen in person,, my camera really grabs a ton of detail. The reverse also has these polish lines but my image the fields are dark due to the high relief of the Eagle, making the reverse look like a proof like coin.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options

<< <i>I know it's a coin I was being a smart azz but I think it would be better without spelling it out. Territorials were bullion when they were circulating. Still think it's the next flavor of the day that will go down in flames. If there are not BST to buy I stay away. Don't sell your Eisenhower C&C for less than $200. Truman got to $170 boxes of 5. It will be more work to accumulate, except that nimrod that gets thousands of every limited issue. I'll bet he pays all those people he gets to order pennies on what he makes. When I tell by brother, sisters, friends to order I tell them where to sell them and let them make the money.

That thing on Libertys cheek is a headset, she has her cell phone in her pocket. >>

Correct agentjim 007...... Coin club now getting buy offers up to $200 per set Eisenhower CC set ,,,,will easily outpace the Truman sets ...they will be worth more after they come out image
  • Options
    Another view of Lady Liberty with some different lighting and more darkness in the fields.

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Just got a call identified as "PFS Web" (Plano, TX) on caller ID. It was a fraud check order verification on my order for 16 coins. Googled it and it appears legitimate--- so just a heads up to others if you get the call...

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PFS Web is the gov't contractor

They ship from Memphis but the call center is in Dallas

Believe me when I tell you one has no idea what the other is doing.

We have some phone phishing reports here, so I hope they have some secure way to know it is actually them.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

SOP for UPS if the driver has plans!
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the die polisher was broken so they grabbed the belt sander instead. Yikes.

<< <i>

Now now, you know it isn't that bad. Maybe just a fine grade of steel wool!
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting the high def photos, Lucy.

Re: UPS, one of my coins is going ground shipping and wont be here till Friday. I guess the "expedited" part got exorcised.

More time to ponder, though...
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭
    I ordered one just for the fun of it. However, UPS kinda threw a wet blanket on my fun today...

A little something I left on their social media site:

UPS customer service really sux. I have to pay an extra $6.00 because the package being delivered requires a signature, and as I work for a living, and cannot be home until after 4:30pm, and UPS's delivery window is until 4:15 pm, they are charging me an extra $6.00 to have it delivered next Monday, my only weekday off. Why should I be charged an additional fee for them to hold it for an extra few days to deliver it on a day I am home when I have already paid for them to deliver the item?? FED-EX always accommodates us and makes the delivery when we are home from work. If I am offered a choice of carrier's, I will never pick UPS again.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Comparing what you get vs. the proposed design obtained from Coinworld, Jan., 2015, I note that -

Liberty is taller (height of wreath relative to "R")

Flagstaff angle is different

Depth of dress cleavage and bust is revised.

Did I miss anything?

My .02

• Options

<< <i>Comparing what you get vs. the proposed design obtained from Coinworld, Jan., 2015, I note that -

Liberty is taller (height of wreath relative to "R")

Flagstaff angle is different

Depth of dress cleavage and bust is revised.

Did I miss anything?

My .02

image >>

Very cool! Thanks for posting this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file