Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the sellers, with completed BIN's, had no idea what they sold. "Ignorance is bliss"
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> pebblesandbambam2010

Ok who's using my picture ...... you cutting me in on the sale image >>

If that's not you, THAT GUY IS A MAJOR PUNK!!!!! >>

Seriously, as long as you've been here and you confuse mas3387 with the Flintstones?... >>

i think pebblesandbambam read the forums. I recall they sold some first spouse way back or some other early flippable items from the USM. >>

If he's constantly bogarting someone else's pictures to do his pre-sale flips, he's a rude SOB.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not so wrong if he or she asked... That would help a bit. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe not so wrong if he or she asked... That would help a bit. image >>

True....if asked. However, that is why I said "bogarting"....."bogarting" isn't asking...it's just taking. image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some OT discussion going on here, with all due respect coinboy. (where ya been DUDE?)

Kudos to those got on top of this potential Mint bonus to those in the know (minus big dealers A Ho's). Raise your glass underlings! imageimage
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    *POOF* Sold Out

My 5 sets shipped out today
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like bambam revised the listing.

Don't see the notes worth a premium at all unless you get one from the very start of the run.

The EU finish will command a premium. How much and for how long is anyone's guess. Might be worth a nice markup but don't see these approaching the $100 range or sustaining that kind of markup in the longer term. Still a winner if you bought enough of them. Will be interesting to see if they start offering them again. The initial response may have temporarily overwhelmed them.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can one of you post a Pic of the cert? Thanks in advance. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't see the notes worth a premium at all unless you get one from the very start of the run. >>

Is anyone getting consecutive serial numbers? (In 2000, I bought 10 of the Millennium C&C sets, and none were consecutive. One year I bought 10 "Lucky Dollar" sets from the BEP ($1 FRN's with 7777 or 8888 in the serial number) for stocking stuffers, and all ten were consecutive and didn't want to give any away...)

If indeed the serial numbers run 0570 0000 to 0574 9999 then winners of this lottery will be reflectors and repeaters.

05700750, 05711750,...05744750
    05700570, 05710571,...05740574

05700000 and 05749999 would probably bring premiums.

Maybe some would pay extra for (you never know on ebay):
    05700571, 05710572,...05740575

Otherwise, it's an instant $1 rebate, bringing the cost of the set to $12.95 (plus shipping)...
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe not so wrong if he or she asked... That would help a bit. >>

Exactly....

We have sent some out for grading... More to go in shortly
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe not so wrong if he or she asked... That would help a bit. >>

Exactly....

We have sent some out for grading... More to go in shortly >>

Hey Mas......how's the quality? Any potential 70's??
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> pebblesandbambam2010

Ok who's using my picture ...... you cutting me in on the sale image >>

If that's not you, THAT GUY IS A MAJOR PUNK!!!!! >>

That is the $2500 2014 Kennedy half DD dude!!!! (see recent thread)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>ok - flipper mania is out heavy and strong.

I still say caution.

Sequential serials can mean they finished the run for circulation, right?

The FRNs are not unique. They are not EU, too. >>

Caution is crossing the street with your eyes closed not buying $13.95 coin sets...

Maybe it's a class of 2006 thing, you weren't here then, I'd remember that...image >>

Wow....I remember that....I found who my true friends were when they gave me their CC info so I "they" could order more
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    Just called the US Mint about another order. The CSR said Out of Stock means sold out generally and thought these sets were gone for good. Just an FYI. I'd bet less than 100 people accounted for the whole lot selling out yesterday!
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Mas......how's the quality? Any potential 70's?? >>

Most coins are fairly nice.... Looks like they were not handled with care
    as the enhanced Kennedy's.... Many coins with contact marks...

MS67's for sure......
    68's yes...
    69's.... They should be there as well
    70's.... I would not rule it out
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Got up this morning and they were showing in stock. Loaded 20, went through the checkout process as a guest becuase I'd forgotten my login stuff and was in a hurry. Got to the last step and it flipped back to the initial ordering page and it said quantity not available and at that point I had to split...Don't think it went through.
  • Options
    That's weird...I went on twice 0630 and 0730 and it said OOS
  • Options
    This was at 7:42 a.m. EST...Had to run my Daughter to school at 7:50...
  • Options

<< <i>This was at 7:42 a.m. EST...Had to run my Daughter to school at 7:50... >>

That means you also missed out on the ever popular First Spouse 2014 Bronze Medal Series for $16.95 which also went dark image

Don't you just love the pricing logic of a US Govt. entity?
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options

<< <i>That means you also missed out on the ever popular First Spouse 2014 Bronze Medal Series for $16.95 which also went dark >>

We made a purchase for grading purposes.... Sold the sets we didn't grade @21.95 each
    they went extremely fast !!! Wondered why... So off to the mint site and sure enough sold out...
    This was last week... Saw a few auctions go @$50.00 or so
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Total junk. Wouldnt buy it. Not interested in packaging.
  • Options

<< <i>Total junk. Wouldnt buy it. Not interested in packaging. >>

I am sorry to see you missed out on this one, 7over8
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options

<< <i>Total junk. Wouldnt buy it. Not interested in packaging. >>

I also have no interest in the C & C packaging. It's what is in the package that got me to buy a bunch
  • Options

<< <i>Got up this morning and they were showing in stock. Loaded 20, went through the checkout process as a guest becuase I'd forgotten my login stuff and was in a hurry. Got to the last step and it flipped back to the initial ordering page and it said quantity not available and at that point I had to split...Don't think it went through. >>

Just got home and reloaded the mint site...What it said when I tried to order 20 was quantity not available and it reduced my cart to 11 units...I checked out and did receive an order number and it says processing...Will upload screen shots later today...image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Goodacre coins had a reasonably good story, a low mintage of 5,000 and a special finish - but they've been stuck at $400 for years and recently have been selling for slightly under $400.

Maybe these coins will generate some interest in the series, and they do appear to have an attractive finish. I happen to like the series. At 50,000 this issue will give some indication of the level of collector interest in the Golden Sacs. Re-visit in one year.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    So, who is going to be the big market maker in these sets?
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    The pictures of the enhanced Sac, look like a reverse enhanced uncirculated.

On second thought, it looks like Coney Island enhanced uncirculated...well played sir image

I did have to get a dozen of these
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Got up this morning and they were showing in stock. Loaded 20, went through the checkout process as a guest becuase I'd forgotten my login stuff and was in a hurry. Got to the last step and it flipped back to the initial ordering page and it said quantity not available and at that point I had to split...Don't think it went through. >>

Just got home and reloaded the mint site...What it said when I tried to order 20 was quantity not available and it reduced my cart to 11 units...I checked out and did receive an order number and it says processing...Will upload screen shots later today...image >>

Well, if it is a sell out, you should get a Last Strike label.

The five I ordered just before sell out just shipped. I wonder if they'll look any different than the one's I ordered at Noon last Thursday. HAhahahaha....
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I noticed that the Mint took them off the front page. I wonder if I will be receiving an advertising flier for these in the mail from them in a couple of weeks.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I noticed that the Mint took them off the front page. I wonder if I will be receiving an advertising flier for these in the mail from them in a couple of weeks. >>

Or if they will be in their holiday flier.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just brought up the Mint site. Banner ad for set is still on front page.

Now says "Currently Out of Stock", with a "Remind Me" button.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    Here's a screen shot from this morning image
  • Options
    My order placed yesterday morning shipped !!!
    Order Summary
    Order Placed: 11/24/14
    Order Status: SHIPPED
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I guess we will know by 5 PM the mintage sold. I still don't think they are sold out. This is a new product. Would the mint invest in all that packaging at 50K without knowing if the product could be a dud.
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    Why they have " remind me " option now?
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Why they have " remind me " option now? >>

Probably a feature of their new website. Possibly it replaces the previous system, which often accepted orders for items that were supposedly backordered but were actually sold out. I like the new system better.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    Just received an email from an member in grading. NGC will be calling it an SP strike character. They say some coins may be grading 70.
  • Options
    I agree that they are not sold out yet. It would have taken some massive single orders to make that happen so fast. Had there been advance fanfare prior to selling, that would be different with a massive push straight out of the gate.

The "Remind Me" option is a tell-tale. Stay tuned...
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>Just received an email from an member in grading. NGC will be calling it an SP strike character. They say some coins may be grading 70. >>

...and why do they still require the coins to be submitted in the Mint packaging?
  • Options

<< <i>I noticed that the Mint took them off the front page. I wonder if I will be receiving an advertising flier for these in the mail from them in a couple of weeks. >>

They still show up 1st when I go to the Mint site
  • Options
    If you want to have some entertainment grab a brewskie and read this thread on a coin precious metals forum. A poster asked a simple question about the C & C set and an experienced self-appointed knower-of-everything (obviously off meds) showed his true colors.

Coin & Currency

I don't think it is OT since it pertains to this C & C set WE are discussing
  • Options
    Just curious as this was my first order with the new mint...Checked my order status and here's what it shows:

Order Summary

Order Placed: Nov 25, 2014

Order Status: Please contact Customer Support: CREATED

Order Number: USM0XXX5714
  • Options
    BigA -- I sure hope there isn't any duck crap over here...that link is just painful to try to read even tho it was suppose to be about this set in title.

Any guesses on what the mintage will be posted today from the mint (very soon)?

I say 20k.
  • Options
    Cas, the new site requires initiation hazing into the club before you can order. Don't worry, it's not too painful and the scars are not permanent...

Just follow all the instructions very carefully when you call them as requested.
  • Options

<< <i>BigA -- I sure hope there isn't any duck crap over here...that link is just painful to try to read even tho it was suppose to be about this set in title.

Any guesses on what the mintage will be posted today from the mint (very soon)?

I say 20k. >>

You're only 10K short...

<< <i>TA9...2014 AMERICAN $1 COIN & CURRENCY SET...9,720 >>

However, you have to remember that this is through Sunday night, before the big reveal on Monday...
  • Options
    9720???

Even for Sunday that number is miniscule...I was going to guess 21.5k

So maybe they had 25k ready to go and NOW that's gone....
  • Options
    It's probably something like that.
  • Options
    Will pcgs offer a first strike label for these?
  • Options
    That is surprisingly low --

Where did you get the mintage? It's not showing on the mint production page yet.

If that's the case, there will be another whole round to this yet.
  • Options

<< <i>Cas, the new site requires initiation hazing into the club before you can order. Don't worry, it's not too painful and the scars are not permanent...

Just follow all the instructions very carefully when you call them as requested. >>

Are ya serious, I already changed and updated everything weeks ago. Being ordered to call is something I'm not likely to follow up on...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file