Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Mine are smart posted too. Probably get them this upcoming week. Like Friday.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    The Mint is our friend after all. Imagine giving us a paper and crap metal Dollar together as a set. And at such a bargain price.
    Ive gone ahead and ordered a few sets, hoping it turns out well.

This may be a gift the Mint has given us in time for Christmas.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    THis may be the biggest mark up item in the history of the Mint! Let's see.............$1 bill, $1 coin, 50c in packaging and charge the suckers who buy everything they make $14. Instant 400% + profit, brilliant! Unbelievable.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>THis may be the biggest mark up item in the history of the Mint! Let's see.............$1 bill, $1 coin, 50c in packaging and charge the suckers who buy everything they make $14. Instant 400% + profit, brilliant! Unbelievable. >>

I would say that labor and equipment costs are fixed more or less so I would expect the percent margin to be larger than gold coins. You know they make more than $11.50 per coin on anything gold.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kennedy set $1 -> $9.95

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order's been shipped...hoping for PL's.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered 2 sets. I don't collect Sacs but I thought they were neat.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to search to find out how many have been ordered of this set or any other us mint issue?
    Thanks
    Gary
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there a way to search to find out how many have been ordered of this set or any other us mint issue?
    Thanks
    Gary >>

Good day, Gary. Someone posted this some time ago. I bookmarked the page and believe you, et. al. will find it useful for researching "up to date" info.

Cumulative Stats

Kindly,

Joe
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see if the EU "discovery" adds significantly to the 15k sold as of Last Sunday. I will guess 22.5k total
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there a way to search to find out how many have been ordered of this set or any other us mint issue?
    Thanks
    Gary >>

Good day, Gary. Someone posted this some time ago. I bookmarked the page and believe you, et. al. will find it useful for researching "up to date" info.

Cumulative Stats

Kindly,

Joe >>

Thanks
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    They've only been on sale 3 days so far (non)?
  • Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭
    Joe
    Thanks for the info, it is very informative
    Gary
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see any totals for this set in the listing. Did I miss it?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto.
  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I didn't see any totals for this set in the listing. Did I miss it? >>

I didn't either. It's only been on sale for 3 days. Probably won't know until the next sales update. Not sure where a previous poster got a number. image
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sales are updated every Tues, so they won't show up here until next week.

Easiest way is to sort by code and look for TA9.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>

I didn't either. It's only been on sale for 3 days. Probably won't know until the next sales update. Not sure where a previous poster got a number. image >>

Likely WAG based on order numbers.

I ordered some set early Sat morning with a Ord # USM02727***. It's hard to really tell how many were this species since it includes all other mint sales.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>

I didn't either. It's only been on sale for 3 days. Probably won't know until the next sales update. Not sure where a previous poster got a number. image >>

It's there....

<< <i> K14 2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET 148,928 Y >>

• Options
    bigA ... we are looking for the TA9... & not the Kennedy set.
  • Options
    Oops...that's what happens when I post before finishing my AM coffee image

The C & C set didn't start selling until after that report date....
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10,500 order numbers have elapsed since Noon on the 20th, and I would assume most of these are due to the C&C set.

Could these sell out soon?

Seems to be a lot of people buying on speculation...
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>10,500 order numbers have elapsed since Noon on the 20th, and I would assume most of these are due to the C&C set.

Could these sell out soon?

Seems to be a lot of people buying on speculation... >>

I think you have to ask yourself...........How many Sac collectors really want this set......maybe a couple thousand, maybe three on a good week? Speculators can speculate this one till its sold out but it most likely won't do anything but stick a few speculators with a worthless bunch of modern junk! If it were silver or gold or platinum maybe the limited mintage seems low. But anyway you look at it, 50k for a pot metal modern with VERY limited following is a losing proposition! But hey, what do you have to lose except about $12 per set!!
  • Options
    OK, I'm obviously biased since I like the coin, BUT part of what makes certain series interesting is LOW mintage (scarce), anomalies or strike variances. The Goodacre Sacs still sell in the $500 range, albeit they were a tenth mintage as these. Millennium sets and Cheerios varieties were about it for higher values/interest. Satin versions never got any respect despite their lower mintages.

Frankly, there hasn't been a lot of fanfare (ho-hum) in these for years so I think the EU could stimulate the series if it is truly distinguishable. As long as they don't overdo it like the Silver Eagle finish varieties.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    In Hand
    Awesome Coins !!!!
    Yes Enhanced......
  • Options
    What about the dollar bill? Anything special about it?
  • Options
    Don't know much about them....
    Not a low serial #...
    Not a star note...
    only consistency i see from opening 3 sets for a peak is the J Bank of Kansas city
  • Options

<< <i>Don't know much about them....
    Not a low serial #...
    Not a star note...
    only consistency i see from opening 3 sets for a peak is the J Bank of Kansas city >>

Does the serial number end in "A" ?
  • Options
    yes it does .... Is that good?
    Just got in... I'll add a few pics shortly
  • Options
    I'm sure some will post better pictures but here we go....
    The Sac looks much better than the pic

• Options
    Okay a little better on the Sacagawea

• Options
    that's definitely an EU finish.

looks good.

don't know diddly about FRNs.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>yes it does .... Is that good?
    Just got in... I'll add a few pics shortly >>

Poster near the beginning of this thread stated that the "A" was a regular issue...was hoping for something different there

The coin looks good.....and unique to the series
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap it is a special strike it's like the Silver dollar proof like area on some of it with the sat on in the fields . I'm going to order more.....

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    I wonder why the Mint didn't play up the unique finish of this coin in the promos. It took some eagle eye reading to see it on the packaging and only then did the Mint change the description (probably after quite a few phone calls)....

??Trying to sneak one by us or just forgot to mention it?? They made a big deal about the EU ASE and Kennedy but this one, with a significantly lower mintage, gets put up for sale AND THEN properly described.
  • Options
    Ordered 50 more this is what i look for when picking i saw it as well but like to keep it under my hat till i know, now we know. this will not last once every one get's wind of it all it takes is one big fish to hit it and it's all over.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    No Doubt Proof like....
    My pictures do not do the coin justice
    ordered another big chunk
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Maybe a yearly issue? I wont' be speculating on this one. I posted earlier maybe 15K will be sold based on the yearly sac rolls selling out. But the speculators may buy up the entire 50K mintage.
  • Options
    ...and it won't take much cash for that "big fish" to buy the remaining stock
  • Options
    And it's a Denver minted coin as well right? Ya i think it will sell out in 3 weeks lowest minted in all special strikes 50K is nada. Back up the truck.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want mine to be "plain edge".image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Dont start that.....image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭
    sniff...sniff...sniff...flip...flip...flip..?

It sounds like 2007 again? Remember the (P21) George Washington First day Coin Covers???

I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    and frosted NW

• Options

<< <i>sniff...sniff...sniff...flip...flip...flip..?

It sells like 2007 again? GW First day Coin Covers??? >>

Normal issue coin with a slightly higher mintage for that one (around 170 MILLION per Mint location)
  • Options
    flip?

I like the argument made Re: the number of collectors vs. the number of sets.

Also, it seems that the kennedy sets are not getting graded for the most part.

I'm guessing this will be flipable to those few who want 70s right away, but if the market is flooded like the gold half, then the window for flipping will close fast.

• Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭

Big A this board hoarded up the 50,000 issued GWFDCC.

Between me and about 3 other guys purchased nearly 25% of that run and we were selling them for $50-60 EACH for months ;>

Ask Casman, he ended up with Case #1 of 1,000
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    I could have sworn I read a report from a Mint official that said around 15k were sold in the 1st two days....no freakin way I can find that link now....maybe I was hallucinating image

...anyway we will all find out tonight or tomorrow
  • Options

<< <i>sniff...sniff...sniff...flip...flip...flip..?

It sells like 2007 again? GW First day Coin Covers??? >>

I remember it well. At first a boom, but ended up being a bust.
  • Options
    and I caution that the difference between 2007 and now appears in the kennedy sets.

there are still the unknowing who buy off ebay but many now know they can actually buy these from the mint.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file