Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I could have sworn I read a report from a Mint official that said around 15k were sold in the 1st two days....no freakin way I can find that link now....maybe I was hallucinating image

...anyway we will all find out tonight or tomorrow >>

There have been over 7,500 orders for that product. I suspect it is close to a sell out.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I remember it well. At first a boom, but ended up being a bust. >>

Ahhh, sorry. I just remember the bust part.
  • Options
    C0INB0YC0INB0Y Posts: 627 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> I remember it well. At first a boom, but ended up being a bust. >>

Ahhh, sorry. I just remember the bust part. >>

I believe you are referring to the Coin Covers ** AFTER** the P21 George Washington issue! I agree!

But not the P21 Issue!

Here is a 'small part' of the hoard:

Plus these had an added Bonus:

#1 Mint Errors:

imageimage

#2 Stamp Stuff - Every 10th Unit had a thing that Stamp guys "love" "V11" Why? can't tell you, stamp guys are well....different, they paid a huge premium on those.

#3 NGC really did a great job in the Grading Program, with fantastic encapsulation!

#4 Here is Casman's Box #1 - I ended up buying it from the guy he sold it to and flipping that once more! I have never met Casman in person, but I touched the actual Box #1 he had handled a couple years before (Please stop you perverts,)

imageimage

The Mint has institutionally *Forgot* that you need limits on these type of issues. This board is now buying them up hand over fist.

I am too busy to monkey around with buying up this issue like we did in 2007, so have some fun!

I did scooped up 50 in the last hour. image
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Special TPG labels? First Strike?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>Special TPG labels? First Strike? >>

Email from ATS said special label but no Early release. They also want the packaging. I guess they were also clueless about the EU thing....
  • Options

<< <i>Special TPG labels? First Strike? >>

This will have to go down to the Boys in the Slabbing Dept for some ideas, that's for sure ;>
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options

This thread is the BEST example as to why I love the PCGS Boards!

Since joining back in 2006 on a lark, this Forum has been nothing but Rewarding and fun to boot!

Thanks to ** mas3387 ** for posting the images to confirm this issue is to be hoarded up!

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks to ** mas3387 ** for posting the images to confirm this issue is to be hoarded up! >>

Had a hunch from day one,, planned to buy in even before the little secret was let out
    about enhanced being on the packaging COA

Hopefully we all do well...
  • Options

<< <i>"2014 Native American $1 Enhanced Uncirculated Coin" -- So a special finish. >>

Gophernationals is the one who should get the credit. Posted what he saw a day before the set went on sale.....

mas3387 confirmed it with coins in hand and that was cool and helped a lot
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank every one. But let's hope we get are fill befor the big fish hit. It wont be long. I'm in for 250 set's so far and may go in for one more bite befor it's all over. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    Ok, I ordered last 38 sets. The website showed " out of stock" now.
  • Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Time to start printing more.
  • Options

<< <i>Thank every one. But let's hope we get are fill befor the big fish hit. It wont be long. I'm in for 250 set's so far and may go in for one more bite befor it's all over. image >>

Nice! ....and I was worried that ordering my 30 was a stretch.....GO FOR IT! Suck 'em all up.....sellout by next week!

Trouble is that, with the Mint's new immediate shipping thing, they will all hit the market at the same time....but still there are only 50k...
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭✭
    SOLD OUT!!!!!
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Ok, I ordered last 38 sets. The website showed " out of stock" now. >>

Now does out of stock mean out of stock or sold out?????

Damn, I was just going to get 10 more
  • Options
    I bet done.... image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I agree....
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Ok, I ordered last 38 sets. The website showed " out of stock" now. >>

Now does out of stock mean out of stock or sold out?????

Damn, I was just going to get 10 more >>

From the mint FAQ:

<< <i>What does Back Order, Out of Stock and Sold Out mean?

Back Order: When products are in “Back Order” status, this means that the product is available for sale, however there is no inventory in stock and a future ship date is displayed on our website. Products in this status can still be ordered online or through the customer contact center.

Out Of Stock: When products are in an “Out of Stock” status, this means we do not have inventory of the product and we do not have an anticipated in stock date. Products in this status cannot be ordered online or through our customer contact center, but you can request to be reminded when the product will be returning to sale (through the “Remind Me” function on the product detail page.)

Sold Out: Products in a “Sold Out” status are no longer in stock in our warehouses and are no longer available for sale. Products in this status will be removed from the website shortly after they have sold out. >>

So OOS could mean a sell out, but it probably just means they ran out of the pre-made units.

Of course, you never know. There were 14K orders between the time this set went on sale and 4pm today. Let's say 80% of those were for the C&C set (though I think it's probably higher), that means an average of 4.4 sets per order to sell-out.

I got another 5 sets in before they went OOS...
  • Options
    Sorry triple post
  • Options
    What BigA said...
  • Options
    sorry triple post...freakin posts timed out and still posted.
  • Options
    What BigA said... image
  • Options
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Seems to me that if they had more to make they would just go BO.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    This would suck but can they hold all orders and put a limit on them? It says they can do this at any time just befor the black out it told me i can only order 99 sets. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    I've got 4 orders in the mail.
  • Options
    Holy Crap, if you look at the FR Serial Numbers, they have took 50,000 units in sequential order when they put these together, I bet they started them at J05700000 A!!

They just don't randomly pull 50,000 FRN to stick in these.

HOME RUN! HOME RUN! HOME RUN!

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if any of those big tv sellers who manage to get all those special labels for their bulk submissions monitor this board?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

HOME RUN! HOME RUN! HOME RUN!

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This thread is the BEST example as to why I love the PCGS Boards!

Since joining back in 2006 on a lark, this Forum has been nothing but Rewarding and fun to boot!

Thanks to ** mas3387 ** for posting the images to confirm this issue is to be hoarded up! >>

+1

Early Christmas present form the Mint. Thanks
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    I think they had all 50k minted and packaged and ready to go....so I vote toast
  • Options

<< <i>Trouble is that, with the Mint's new immediate shipping thing, they will all hit the market at the same time....but still there are only 50k... >>

If that happens, they will all be eligible for First Strike (if that option is offered). I wonder when the first 70 will show up.

• Options
    The sellout happened so fast that a banner ad for the set is still the first thing I see when I bring up the Mint's website.

The preorders may start showing up on eBay anytime now. image

Edited to add: That didn't take long! image

• Options
    Search under "2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set TA9"

Two auctions of 10 & 15 respectively (in-hand) were sold out in 15 minutes for $23.90 and $24.90, RESPECTIVELY.

If the 2013 FRN notes are indeed sequential in numbering as I suspect, the value of these sets goes to the Moon, making the sales above a 'good deal'

The FRN notes will actually serve as a unique serial numbers for the Coin in the set.
  • Options
    pebblesandbambam2010

Ok who's using my picture ...... you cutting me in on the sale image
  • Options
    I have 50 two box of 25 that i ordered on the 1st day and will be here on sat and i'll look to see if the the SS# are that will be cool. image

I saw that as well saw that little spot at 2:00 and said i saw that before. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> pebblesandbambam2010

Ok who's using my picture ...... you cutting me in on the sale image >>

If that's not you, THAT GUY IS A MAJOR PUNK!!!!!
  • Options
    Not I.....
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

If that's not you, THAT GUY IS A MAJOR PUNK!!!!! >>

Seriously, as long as you've been here and you confuse mas3387 with the Flintstones?...
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of this thread, I bought a handful or two.
    I have pulled out of flipping a bit, so we shall see.....

I'm surprised Type2 didn't try to corner all 50k image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I doubt they would make 50,000 units of this all at once. Could be wrong. Looks like the speculators hoard most of them. My two I have ordered shipped today.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok - flipper mania is out heavy and strong.

I still say caution.

Sequential serials can mean they finished the run for circulation, right?

The FRNs are not unique. They are not EU, too.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>ok - flipper mania is out heavy and strong.

I still say caution.

Sequential serials can mean they finished the run for circulation, right?

The FRNs are not unique. They are not EU, too. >>

Caution is crossing the street with your eyes closed not buying $13.95 coin sets...

Maybe it's a class of 2006 thing, you weren't here then, I'd remember that...image
  • Options
    broken reply count test 1
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭✭
    Why would the bills be worth anything more than a dollar? Not getting this angle. Would there be any star notes in the run if they are sequential? Im not a currency guy!
  • Options
    broken reply count test 2

• Options
    the page count is 9 posts behind, I think.

I do not see the big fuss on the FRNs either. They asre sequential, but so is every fresh pack of $100 in $1 FRNs.

they are not unique FRNs. It'd be a different story if the FRNs were $2 and from St. Louis Fed, too! and to make them unique have them all end in Z or some other way to distinguish them.

Let's forget the "sell out" if they even sold out...

tell me what about this set (i.e. regarding only the coin and the FRN) means there will be a lot more than 50,000 people wanting it?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

If that's not you, THAT GUY IS A MAJOR PUNK!!!!! >>

Seriously, as long as you've been here and you confuse mas3387 with the Flintstones?... >>

i think pebblesandbambam read the forums. I recall they sold some first spouse way back or some other early flippable items from the USM.

• Options
    Four more just sold at $34.95.

Fastest flip ever.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file