Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold Kennedy minted to demand (Now 75,000 Limit) - Where does it go from here ?

Comments

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Anyone expecting to go to Phila Tues for the Gold?
  • Options
    I'm walking right by the mint line at the ANA Wednesday. If dealers would quit buying these things for an instant insane profit this would all go away and sanity would ensue.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to purchase two of these . Now, forget about it.
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    As long as there is money to be made, don't kid yourself, even those on this forum
    will be on that line
    When they offer enough at these events, and/or offer the labels outside the venue
    then there will be no insane profit potential and sanity will return
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could make show but can't.
    Over entire show one - esp w/family - could quite possibly get lot of show label coins
    With 2500 to b sold at show and mintage to demand will b interesting to see how these w/show label will do compared to the HOF Balto labels with only 400 sold at show and 12 hour sell out of limited mintage.
    May go into DC for a couple. Undecided.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone expecting to go to Phila Tues for the Gold? >>

I'm only 30 via Metro from DC.
    Not sure if I'm going or not.
    May just wait for FS from MCM and not bother w/Mint.
    These will likely look great in the OGP.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys think the flip price will be on F.S. 70 (non-ANA) coins that are shipped from the Mint? $1700, $1800, $2000? Wondering if its even worth buying extras?
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the first 40,000 sell out quickly.

I think for a short period the raw coins will go for $1,500 - $1,600 and the PCGS 70's will go around $ 1,800.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the flippers and instantaneous profiteers are really pissed off on this news. And some of you complain about greedy dealers?
    Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    Don't worry, the serious flippers will have 20 people in line for them - for a hundo or two each for their time.

It would surprise me to sell more than 25,000 the first week. I think this comes in around 50,000 all done. Significantly higher numbers will hurt resale of PR69's and Non FS/ER raws.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't worry, the serious flippers will have 20 people in line for them - for a hundo or two each for their time.

It would surprise me to sell more than 25,000 the first week. I think this comes in around 50,000 all done. Significantly higher numbers will hurt resale of PR69's and Non FS/ER raws. >>

There will be some desperation for some on these that presold them. Quite a few people flown in to buy these and now limit of one. Will be insane.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Don't worry, the serious flippers will have 20 people in line for them - for a hundo or two each for their time.

It would surprise me to sell more than 25,000 the first week. I think this comes in around 50,000 all done. Significantly higher numbers will hurt resale of PR69's and Non FS/ER raws. >>

There will be some desperation for some on these that presold them. Quite a few people flown in to buy these and now limit of one. Will be insane. >>

image it will a big crowd for the gold kennedys
  • Options

<< <i>There will be some desperation for some on these that presold them. Quite a few people flown in to buy these and now limit of one. Will be insane. >>

They will just stand near the mint booth and offer the lucky one's exiting $300 over.

They will get as many as they want.
  • Options
    << Im for 5. Selling 4. Let me know if you are interested. SELLINF FOR 1500 EA >>

<<I may follow your lead.
    Can't wait to sit in the waiting room at 11:45 EST.
    Question is, which is the best browser that will expedite your wait?......won't be IE for sure.>>

Goldbully,

If you push something hard enough, It will fall over. I used IE9 for the HOF waiting room and my order confirmation time was 12:01.

It is a crap shoot mixed with a little technical mumbo jumbo. image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What do you guys think the flip price will be on F.S. 70 (non-ANA) coins that are shipped from the Mint? $1700, $1800, $2000? Wondering if its even worth buying extras? >>

Non-ANA FS in PCGS PR70DCAM should pull down $1800 and maybe $1900 early on. Raw sealed FS eligible boxes should bring $1500 to $1600 as HATTRICK noted. When you consider those are retail prices it doesn't make eBay look that appealing. Get them on BST quick or hope MCM or somebody is paying those kind of prices.

The ANA label will likely end up the big winner. I can see thousands of ANA 70s going for $2500 each. The slab/label collectors tend to have deep pockets.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>There will be some desperation for some on these that presold them. Quite a few people flown in to buy these and now limit of one. Will be insane. >>

They will just stand near the mint booth and offer the lucky one's exiting $300 over.

They will get as many as they want. >>

I doubt that. Too many people are there being hired by others, I have heard huge numbers of people being hired, like several people hiring 300 people or so. I doubt many walking out of that line will actually own the coin and want to flip. They either bought it for someone else (majority) or will grade it.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    I will add I have never seen registration lines on setup day like today and it did not look like the normal coin show crowd.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

It's going to cost more than $300 over per coin... the ones that get in line to get the 500 coins are not going to be rookies. They will be informed buyers buying for their own profit or for the profit of dealers with deals already locked in. I've seen a few eBay presales of over $3000-$3500 per coin... the premium at the show is going to be quite a bit higher than $300 per coin for the coins to trade in that room. Wouldn't be surprised if it'll cost those pre-sellers $1000 over per coin or more to get one at the show w/o getting in line.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

It's going to cost more than $300 over per coin... the ones that get in line to get the 500 coins are not going to be rookies. They will be informed buyers buying for their own profit or for the profit of dealers with deals already locked in. I've seen a few eBay presales of over $3000-$3500 per coin... the premium at the show is going to be quite a bit higher than $300 per coin for the coins to trade in that room. Wouldn't be surprised if it'll cost those pre-sellers $1000 over per coin or more to get one at the show w/o getting in line. >>

Some people got chumped last year selling the reverse gold buff at the ANA Show for a 150.00 - 200.00 over Mint price .... not this year
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will add I have never seen registration lines on setup day like today and it did not look like the normal coin show crowd. >>

I agree with that. There were rumors that people were actually planning to camp out on the sidewalk. It has rained hard all night so whether people went through with that is unknown.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    Don't kid yourself there will be novices who sell at 300 over when they exit the line
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't kid yourself there will be novices who sell at 300 over when they exit the line >>

It will be interesting to see and I hope somebody posts some pics and numbers here tomorrow. If anybody pays a $1000 over the sales price for one piece there won't be much room for a profit. Heck they'd end up with $2,500 in it after grading with all the bells and whistles. You'd need to sell it for over $3000 to make it worthwhile and I can't imagine too many people paying that much for a label. It's a $1240 unlimited mintage coin.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I will add I have never seen registration lines on setup day like today and it did not look like the normal coin show crowd. >>

I agree with that. There were rumors that people were actually planning to camp out on the sidewalk. It has rained hard all night so whether people went through with that is unknown. >>

Rain should stop in an hour or so ... the early bird gets the worm ... ?
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What do you guys think the flip price will be on F.S. 70 (non-ANA) coins that are shipped from the Mint? $1700, $1800, $2000? Wondering if its even worth buying extras? >>

Non-ANA FS in PCGS PR70DCAM should pull down $1800 and maybe $1900 early on. Raw sealed FS eligible boxes should bring $1500 to $1600 as HATTRICK noted. When you consider those are retail prices it doesn't make eBay look that appealing. Get them on BST quick or hope MCM or somebody is paying those kind of prices. >>

This seems like the best gambit for those without helmets and shoulder pads.
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6:00. Am here in Chicago

The line outside the convention center was already
    Around the LONG block.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    Line looks to be 500 or more already. But I suck at estimating crowds.
  • Options
    I got emails from people in line at 1 AM.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pictures!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    The buses showed up at 12:30 from Silvertowne. I will go down for pics in a bit.
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    If rumors are true there's about 2000 people in line right now...
  • Options
    In DC now. The line is 3 blocks long. You can tell 99.9 percent are NOT coin collectors. So far I see 2 blow up beds and over 50 sleeping bags!
  • Options
    SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    From some texts I have received from the ANA:

1000 in line by 6 AM. More than that now.

First 500 already have their hands stamped.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Options
    UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Courtesy Steve Roach

ANA line

The Philadelphia line

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The buses showed up at 12:30 from Silvertowne. I will go down for pics in a bit. >>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you know the buses are from SilverTowne?

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Insane. Just took coffee to a buddy of mine in line for someone else.

• Options
    I can see the price meter going up by the minute.

Hey Bullsitter,

Do you still have that price meter ???imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    People around me in line were hired for $200. Dozens of them. I've been telling them they can get more if they want!! image
  • Options
    LOL. Chaos reigns at ANA. I'm talking to someone there. Rumor abound on what is going on.

Someone there said the 500 daily limit is being lifted, so that is why everyone is still in line.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    good grief.....
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Not sure I'd stand in line for ... who knows how many hours ... for $200?
  • Options

<< <i>In DC now. The line is 3 blocks long. You can tell 99.9 percent are NOT coin collectors. >>

Received the same info from the ANA. Most of the first 500 are not coin collectors.
    Jim Hodgson

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Insane. Just took coffee to a buddy of mine in line for someone else. >>

All I can think about is who has to use the restroom? image
    Thanks for the on-the-spot reporting.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    No holding places in line, if you leave you lose your spot.
  • Options

<< <i>No holding places in line, if you leave you lose your spot. >>

That didn't seem to apply to the yoga school and marching band hired to wait up ahead of me. This is NOT a joke!
  • Options
    Philadelphia line not collectors either
    Paid line sitters
  • Options
    Many in line do not have badges, on the other side someone spent a ton of money one dealer badges for large groups.

• Options
    Yoga school in front of us.

This guy praying for a gold Kennedy!!

• Options

<< <i>Yoga school in front of us.

This guy praying for a gold Kennedy!!

image >>

Glad the gendarmes seem to be out in force. Ohhhhmmmmm ...
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭
    Same deal with the line in Philly. There's a lot of kids with green wristband to signify that they were lining up for a dealer. The US Mint person announced that this group is going to get paid wether

they got a coin or not. We asked a couple of kids with the green wrist bands as to how much they were offered
    The girl said it depends how early you were and that she was offered $600 and the guy $400. I made this trip with Ninbanny (Matteo) & my wife and we at least got to visit Independence hall and saw Liberty bell.
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    This is just absurd, do any of these people have jobs? That one picture has a women with a baby carriage. Un frickin believable

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file