Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold Kennedy minted to demand (Now 75,000 Limit) - Where does it go from here ?

Comments

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Says I'll be in in 5 minutes...we'll see.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    11 minute time
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried signing in to my mint account at 11:58 and was put into the waiting list for the waiting room. At 9:00 the screen refreshed and said my wait time was 2 minutes. Analysis, Mr Spock??? Demand ain't anywhere near what it was for the HOF gold...

In at 12:02, out at 12:03, Order 43703xxx, one gold Kennedy...
  • Options
    I have 7 Waiting rooms open.... they are 53 Minutes to 1 Hour 5 Minutes
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried logging in with IE just a minute ago......one hour and 15 minutes! image

Chrome is at 22 minutes
  • Options
    Looks like the key is to get into the waiting room right at quarter of. I got in around 13 minutes of and am now down to a two minute wait - supposedly.

Edit: the 2 minute turned into 5 minutes. So annoying.
  • Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675
    My wait time was less than a minute...Order # 43703xxx
  • Options

<< <i>I have 7 Waiting rooms open.... they are 53 Minutes to 1 Hour 5 Minutes >>

Now all 7 say 1 Hour 35 Minutes lol
  • Options
    Started at 24 mins, went down to 16 mins, then went up to 28 minutes..............
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went down to 9. Jumped to 13, now 11. Just like the HOF shipping

• Options
    goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭
    same thing as the HOF coins time is jumping all over the place, I quit!!!!
  • Options
    Mine jumped up to 40 minutes.image
  • Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine went from 36 to 1hr&9!
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I got to the order page and checkout at 12:03 PM. Could have ordered but passed. Went very smoothly no hang ups using IE as my browser. Too bad that didnt' happened when I ordered the HOFs.
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    2hours-8minutes as of 12:04
    Paul
  • Options
    kimon1230kimon1230 Posts: 747 ✭✭
    How do they calculate the wait times?
    I joined the pre-waiting room at 11:45, got into the waiting room and had a 24 minute wait which just turned to 44 minutes...
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was 18 min then updated to 30 min
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    After you place an order do you get booted back to waiting room or can you place multiple, single orders once in? Does anyone know?

Can answer own question: once you're in you're in. Was able to place 5 separate orders quickly.

While in waiting room it logged me out. Had to log back in once out of waiting room.

DON'T walk away from your computer while waiting!! Once it's you're turn, it will ask whether you are still interested in shopping (why is this, so absurd). You have to click that you are to get in!

Once you hit add to cart the screen won't change. Look at the top right and you'll see your cart with the item added. Go to view cart and check out.

Good luck!
  • Options
    52 Minutes
    and
    1 Hour And 20 Minutes
  • Options
    DaggoBDaggoB Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Only wanted one but ordered two. One minute in the waiting room. #43703***
  • Options

<< <i>I got to the order page and checkout at 12:03 PM. Could have ordered but passed. >>

Order limit of 1, 5, what?
  • Options
    I wish we had a live feed of the chaos in Chicago.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like the key is to get into the waiting room right at quarter of. I got in around 13 minutes of and am now down to a two minute wait - supposedly.

Edit: the 2 minute turned into 5 minutes. So annoying. >>

I got in right when it opened, 15 till and have a wait time of 23, then 17, then 30...... at 12:10, back to 17 minutes.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How do they calculate the wait times?
    I joined the pre-waiting room at 11:45, got into the waiting room and had a 24 minute wait which just turned to 44 minutes... >>

Well count your blessings since my wait time just flipped over from 41 minutes to 1 hour and 12 minutes.

I swear, I'm gonna quit you Ennis!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    What ever you do dont leave the waithing room you'll loose your place. See yur queue ID at the bottom.
    3 minutes wait remaining @ 12:09

• Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675

<< <i>After you place an order do you get booted back to waiting room or can you place multiple, single orders once in? Does anyone know? >>

You can place single orders once ure in. I just placed a second single order
  • Options

<< <i>After you place an order do you get booted back to waiting room or can you place multiple, single orders once in? Does anyone know >>

Yup, I just tested it and ordered a second, Order#: 43703xxx
  • Options
    Just ordered 5!
  • Options
    For those ordering... do they have an estimated shipping date?
  • Options
    On the bright side, you don't have to smell the yoga class.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    Had no plans to order, then was on the fence, but now I have no intention of ordering. Anyone want my spot in line? I'd rather go to lunch image 19 minute wait.

EDIT: Down to 16 minute wait. Never mind about sending a message. First to click this link, gets my spot in line.

EDIT2: Actually, I wonder what will happen if more than one person uses my link......
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #43704xxx @ :09 for 3 coins

ed4a
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭
    Weird. I opened 3 browsers, went into the wait room all within 1 minute of each other, and my wait times vary from 1 hr 9 mins, 55 mins and 8 mins. Go figure. Glad I used 3 browsers.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>#43704xx @ :09 for 3 coins >>

nice.
  • Options
    Ordered 5 separate from 12:02 to 12:05. Shows backorder and ship date of 8/5/2014.
  • Options
    The waiting room entry is all a random chance in my opinion. I was still vacillating about whether or not I was going to order one of these, so I didn't even open the mint website until 11:58, when I tried to login to my account. I was not logged in prior. As soon as the clock ticked 12:00, I was in the waiting room with a projected 2 minute wait. At 2 minutes, the page refreshed and I was in the catalog, placed my order and was done at 12:03. I did not log out of my account. A couple minutes later I placed another one into my shopping cart. When I proceeded to checkout, the system forced me to login again, so I did, and completed a second order at 12:07.
  • Options
    Check out crashed

Round and round....finally 12:18 43705xxx

• Options

<< <i>Had no plans to order, then was on the fence, but now I have no intention of ordering. Anyone want my spot in line? I'd rather go to lunch image 19 minute wait.

EDIT: Down to 16 minute wait. Never mind about sending a message. First to click this link, gets my spot in line.

EDIT2: Actually, I wonder what will happen if more than one person uses my link...... >>

Down to a 10 minute wait. Good luck. Time to stuff food into my face hole.
  • Options

<< <i>The waiting room entry is all a random chance in my opinion. I was still vacillating about whether or not I was going to order one of these, so I didn't even open the mint website until 11:58, when I tried to login to my account. I was not logged in prior. As soon as the clock ticked 12:00, I was in the waiting room with a projected 2 minute wait. At 2 minutes, the page refreshed and I was in the catalog, placed my order and was done at 12:03. I did not log out of my account. A couple minutes later I placed another one into my shopping cart. When I proceeded to checkout, the system forced me to login again, so I did, and completed a second order at 12:07. >>

You are plain lucky....or the system failed somehow.
  • Options

<< <i>Ordered 5 separate from 12:02 to 12:05. >>

All in the same session? Just bounce back and forth from confo to ordering?
  • Options

<< <i>The waiting room entry is all a random chance in my opinion. I was still vacillating about whether or not I was going to order one of these, so I didn't even open the mint website until 11:58, when I tried to login to my account. I was not logged in prior. As soon as the clock ticked 12:00, I was in the waiting room with a projected 2 minute wait. At 2 minutes, the page refreshed and I was in the catalog, placed my order and was done at 12:03. I did not log out of my account. A couple minutes later I placed another one into my shopping cart. When I proceeded to checkout, the system forced me to login again, so I did, and completed a second order at 12:07. >>

I agree. Glad you got them. I wonder how many others are just milling around, looking for collectible spoons.
  • Options
    Added 2 to my previous 3 @ 12:17 #43705xxx
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    4 separate orders done, first one at 12:14 437044##
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options

<< <i>Added 2 to my previous 3 @ 12:17 #43705xxx >>

...and I'm doing this from Shanghai.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup 5 singles i'm in and out. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭
    Same here. Every time I try to add one to the cart I get an error message. So what good is it to be out of the wait room?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i><< The waiting room entry is all a random chance in my opinion. I was still vacillating about whether or not I was going to order one of these, so I didn't even open the mint website until 11:58, when I tried to login to my account. I was not logged in prior. As soon as the clock ticked 12:00, I was in the waiting room with a projected 2 minute wait. At 2 minutes, the page refreshed and I was in the catalog, placed my order and was done at 12:03. I did not log out of my account. A couple minutes later I placed another one into my shopping cart. When I proceeded to checkout, the system forced me to login again, so I did, and completed a second order at 12:07. >>

You are plain lucky....or the system failed somehow. >>

Karma. The waiting room is trying to make up for how it screwed me so royally on the HOFs (After being logged in 15 minutes prior, I waited 42 minutes in the waiting room, only to be sent off into Neverneverland when the 42 minutes was up. By the time I got back into line, the wait was well over 2 hours and I finally got my order in at 4:00, which of course resulted in a mid June delivery)
  • Options
    kimon1230kimon1230 Posts: 747 ✭✭
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your Estimated Wait Time Is: 2 hours and 36 minutes. Just testing..not interested in the gold coin.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

This is what I saw at 12:20 est with IE.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file