Home U.S. Coin Forum

Gold Kennedy minted to demand (Now 75,000 Limit) - Where does it go from here ?

Comments

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dealers paying $3000+ per coin to people with coins in hand at ANA.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still over an hour and 15 minutes in the waiting room, if you sign on now.
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>I have around 50 people in front of me from a dance school in DC each making 200.00 for the time in line. Funny a dealer gave me 1800 to get him one. I am still waiting. If people did homework they would see 200.00 is being cheated >>

Reminds me of the biblical parable of the owner of a vineyard going out and hiring workers to pick his crop. Even though he hired workers at 3 different times during the day he paid all of them the same amount. So some of the ones that worked all day complained that they should get more than the ones hired in the afternoon. But hey - when he hired them they all agreed to work for the same flat rate, irregardless of the number of hours.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Paladin - what is that coin in your avatar?
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still over an hour and 15 minutes in the waiting room, if you sign on now. >>

I signed in a half hour ago and had a 2 hour 20 min wait time....30 minutes later it is down to 36 minutes
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dealers paying $3000+ per coin to people with coins in hand at ANA. >>

That's amazing. ANA labeled, PCGS graded pieces on eBay are for under $2500!
  • What the hell am I doing. 6 more minutes in the waiting room and I don't even come close to wanting one of these. Thank God for the cancel button.

• << <i>

<< <i>I have around 50 people in front of me from a dance school in DC each making 200.00 for the time in line. Funny a dealer gave me 1800 to get him one. I am still waiting. If people did homework they would see 200.00 is being cheated >>

Reminds me of the biblical parable of the owner of a vineyard going out and hiring workers to pick his crop. Even though he hired workers at 3 different times during the day he paid all of them the same amount. So some of the ones that worked all day complained that they should get more than the ones hired in the afternoon. But hey - when he hired them they all agreed to work for the same flat rate, irregardless of the number of hours. >>

What exactly is the point of that parable? image
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still over an hour and 15 minutes in the waiting room, if you sign on now. >>

For grins, I re-entered the site. Still a 50+ minute wait.

After ordering, I went to myaccount, and saw this:

My Order History
    Last Order:
    1 2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY GOLD COIN
    Subtotal: $1,240.00

But then they couldn't display the order, so I suspect "Suspended" doesn't mean my account was suspended... image

<< <i>Paladin - what is that coin in your avatar? >>

2011 Royal Mint Masterpiece Britannia:

Here's one on ebay.

Pricey. Only made 500 of 'em.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

<< <i>What the hell am I doing. 6 more minutes in the waiting room and I don't even come close to wanting one of these. Thank God for the cancel button. >>

Just try to log back in, if you ordered any you can't get to the cancel box under order status... Guess the Mint is not going to let anyone play games with these, you bought any you own them I guess..
  • You will be able to cancel tomorrow after things get sorted out. I found out they just shipped my HOF Proof $'s while I was in there.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

My Order History
    Last Order:

But then they couldn't display the order, so I suspect "Suspended" doesn't mean my account was suspended... image >>

All is good. give it 15-20 minutes and it will change to on hold and you will get the email
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hope you get one tomorrow and the going resale price to dealers goes up! image
    Guess everyone is off to ebay to list there GOLD everytime I refresh the page there are new listings, up to 64 but nobody is biting, gonna have to lower the prices I guess....image
    Earliest reported order number was 43703xxx. My latest order was 1:13pm, and was order number 43714xxx. That's 11,000 orders.

Assuming an average of 2 coins per order? That's 22K coins already? (And that was 30 minutes ago.)

Waiting room entrance time still starts at 34 minutes.

They could sell out the 35.1K today. (Yes, that's highly speculative. image )

<< <i>

<< <i>

My Order History
    Last Order:

But then they couldn't display the order, so I suspect "Suspended" doesn't mean my account was suspended... image >>

All is good. give it 15-20 minutes and it will change to on hold and you will get the email >>

Thanks for that.

After I got my confirmation e-mail (which didn't show a problem), I went back into the mint site to check, and got sent to the waiting room. I'm going to take up a place in line just to check my order status. image
    Order # 437190xx 154pm

edited to add: oops...wrong thread...sorry
  • rodzmrodzm Posts: 675
    FWIW my order was completed at 12:03 PM and it has an order # of 437031xx and my 12:07 order is 437035xx‏
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    That's 20K from my first order at 12.28.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Reminds me of the biblical parable of the owner of a vineyard going out and hiring workers to pick his crop. Even though he hired workers at 3 different times during the day he paid all of them the same amount. So some of the ones that worked all day complained that they should get more than the ones hired in the afternoon. But hey - when he hired them they all agreed to work for the same flat rate, irregardless of the number of hours. >>

What exactly is the point of that parable? image >>

Honor your commitments, I guess. And due diligence. The time for negotiation is before agreeing to do something - not after you're done for the day. image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • EBAY Prices Droooooooooppppppiiinnngg!
    Latest (lowest) at $1485. After fees, shipping, & insurance, your looking at less than $100 profit. One has to wonder how low the prices will go. . . . . . .

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Honor your commitments, I guess. And due diligence. The time for negotiation is before agreeing to do something - not after you're done for the day. image >>

I looked this up ... some guy said the point is that God saves by grace, not by our "worthiness." In other words, it doesn't really matter how long you work in the vineyard; you'll get the same reward in the end. Meh.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just in at 1:23 ET with Order Number: 43721XXX
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's 30K from my first order at 12.28. >>

i think closer to 20K orders.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 622 ✭✭✭
    Maybe there will be just enough NOT sold, so the Mint will not feel the need to strike anymore.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it smells like a bubble. . .

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• tizofthetizofthe Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭
    US Mint site ....No waiting at this time. Log in and BUY!
    Transactions..
    wondercoin, duffman,PiecesOfMe, Smittys, LogPotato, Bumanchu, Tydye, segoja, Harry779, FullCameo, Twosidestoeverycoin, jmdm1194, rkfish, drewsef, Chrischampeo, Kaelasdad, Ahrensdad, Dabigkahuna, Barbwire, sebrown, mkman123, Gerard

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> ........

<< <i>

Honor your commitments, I guess. And due diligence. The time for negotiation is before agreeing to do something - not after you're done for the day. image >>

I looked this up ... some guy said the point is that God saves by grace, not by our "worthiness." In other words, it doesn't really matter how long you work in the vineyard; you'll get the same reward in the end. Meh. >>

I'm not sure those 50 people from the dance studio in DC would agree.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe there will be just enough NOT sold, so the Mint will not feel the need to strike anymore. >>

Well, at the rate that order numbers are going up it looks like the supply of pre-minted coins will sell out. When is only a guess but maybe late today or tomorrow before noon. Meaning less than 24 hours. Then the presses will go to work minting to order till the end of the year. Those not getting in today will be delayed shipping just like HOF. Not that bad because the process is easier but similar.

• Order placed at 1:13 shows an 8/5 ship date, order placed at 1:25 shows an 8/20 date - looks like the first batch sold out around 1:20 ish if ship date is the indicator.

<< <i>EBAY Prices Droooooooooppppppiiinnngg!
    Latest (lowest) at $1485. After fees, shipping, & insurance, your looking at less than $100 profit. One has to wonder how low the prices will go. . . . . . . >>

I think there was something rotten in denmark at the mint waiting room, maybe making one think there are soooo many being sold that people just had to sit there for hours for fear they would miss the boat, too much hype....image
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>On the bright side, you don't have to smell the yoga class. >>

• 3sidesofsilver3sidesofsilver Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    Latest (lowest) at $1485. After fees, shipping, & insurance, your looking at less than $100 profit. One has to wonder how low the prices will go. . . . . .

shhh. when they hit melt at $970, I'm in!
    --Craig
  • nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    I got 10 orders of 5 all within the first 30-45 minutes. order numbers 537040XX to 437097XX. (listed on BST)

I though the waiting room idea was smart (compared to past deals it went very smoothly).

Have a few friends who flew to Chi. Got 5 coins, grading 3 at PCGS and 2 at NGC.

Have another friend who got 15 at DC today, and planning on flying them in to Chi to get PCGS label.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> ........

<< <i>

I looked this up ... some guy said the point is that God saves by grace, not by our "worthiness." In other words, it doesn't really matter how long you work in the vineyard; you'll get the same reward in the end. Meh. >>

I'm not sure those 50 people from the dance studio in DC would agree. >>

Of course the Bible also says the love of money is the root of all evil ... image
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Backorders to 9/03 now.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, but if like $5 Gold HOF, most will get 70 and they will go for $5K.

Of course, as said before, there were only 400 $5 HOF Gold sold in Balto and it was a limited issue which sold out first day. Will be very interesting to see how the show labels do.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    So early orders seem to have the shot at FS/ER
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With HOF coins at this time huge wait time still. On the surface seems like far lower demand.

I had one of the first HOF Gold Balto label 70 sets on Ebay. I sold a SET for $3800 only to see that same set soon reach $10K (still makes me sick thinking about that). I wonder if these will do same or not. Far more of ANA Kennedys on Ebay now then there were Balto label HOF coins on the day of release.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    No one ever lost a dime taking their profit
    Don't look back-any value tied to labels, take you money and run
    This absolutely includes the HOF coins, if you still have Balt labels, take your profits off
    The table
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Waiting room is empty. Step right up to the counter and place your order.
    Product will be available for shipping 09/10/14 or 09/15/2014, depending on which page you view.

My 142p order is backordered to 8/27

If this is the case and I can't get FS/ER on these they WILL be cancelled.....no regrets
  • brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    I assumed everyone order is shown ON HOLD at this time, or just me?

<< <i>I assumed everyone order is shown ON HOLD at this time, or just me? >>

Correct: "Order Status: Your order request is on hold."
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I thought there was 40,000 ready to go and ship ASAP after credit card checking, etc. Guess not.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    40,000 is way too many coins for this issue, not to mention the rest they are selling.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess the coin doesn't mean anything ...

All that counts is FS/EF.

That makes it very frustrating for those of us who don't care about FS/EF and only care about the coin. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought there was 40,000 ready to go and ship ASAP after credit card checking, etc. Guess not. >>

If you believe the mints statement of 40k ready to go, then there is no reason as of now to be concerned. All orders have to be verified as being compliant with the house hold limit and have a valid credit card. This takes time. Especially with the rush of orders today. Take a breath. You didn't really expect your order to go out the door this afternoon right?

Subtract the 2,500 at ANA, the 2,500 at the mint outlets ( DC, Philly & Denver = 7,500) that leaves 30K for on line and phone orders. Thursday or Friday a lot should be sorted out. The pre-struck 30,000 should start shipping within a week or so....just like the 2 coin clad sets.

First Strike date will start with first shipment so if you got your order in before the 30K were sold your golden (see what i did there image)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file