Home U.S. Coin Forum

Gold Kennedy minted to demand (Now 75,000 Limit) - Where does it go from here ?

Comments

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold down $ 23 today .... the gold kennedy still lower ..Silver under $16 >>

As I noted earlier in this monster thread, gold dropping and an "unlimited" mintage with keep this boy down and downer...

Who's holding their breath for that $1800 prediction 6 mos. after release??
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    This Gold Kennedy is tacky. Screw it forever. The only gold Kennedy I'll ever buy is some of those gold foil wrapped
    chocolate ones that sell in a bag of 10 or so.

This US Mint trend to put out everything from the past, in Gold, really is tacky IMHO.

You'll not see me wasting my money on any of that BS.

image@$&amp;# curses to you US Mint morons
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭

<< <i> When you go opposite the trend of this forum, most of the time you made the right move. >>

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    The statement still holds True

The lack of any form of patience on this forum is unbelievable, six months
    from close of sales is a LONG way out
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only question now is: Which will go down faster, the numismatic value or the bullion value?image

Using the mints poor quality control and variations in coins produced as an excuse for a rare or different variation grade is

just another BS excuse to try and gouge the collecting public for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Maby we need a sniffer to detect the "trickle down effect from the TPG's and other greedy dealers."
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The only question now is: Which will go down faster, the numismatic value or the bullion value?image >>

maybe they will cancel each other out

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The only question now is: Which will go down faster, the numismatic value or the bullion value?image >>

Gold still lower... after a rally soon starting .. low into early 2015 . Central bank selling by countries has put pressure on gold ..

Look at how much the 2009 UHR premium has collapsed in last 3 months image
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS graded PR69DCAMFS sells for $70 cheaper than a raw one from the US Mint.

eBay Link

This is crazy. image
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$970.14 PC69 non-show

$970 n69 N-S

These beat the auction low for raw that I've seen: $1001.01 posted previously >>

you missed this post goldbully

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    the thread is officially off 1 full page now.

for those on the standard 20 posts/page, you'll always need to add 1 to the page to get to the most current posts.

those doing the 100/page thing won't always need to add 1, but there will be times the page numbers are off.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>the thread is officially off 1 full page now. for those on the standard 20 posts/page, you'll always need to add 1 to the page to get to the most current posts. >>

or change your view in "customize" to "descending" where you always see the latest posts first

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we'll get back to coin collecting... image
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, but I also think the Mint's markup on some of the "collectibles" is excessive.
    Yes, they have employees to pay, health insurance costs, buildings, etc, but I still think they are excessive and could be done at a lower cost and still cover what they need to cover.....if they were smarter in how they did things.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS graded PR69DCAMFS sells for $70 cheaper than a raw one from the US Mint.

eBay Link

This is crazy. image >>

Do you want a sure 69 or a chance for a 70? Kind of reminds me of "Let's Make a Deal".

Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS graded PR69DCAMFS sells for $70 cheaper than a raw one from the US Mint.

eBay Link

This is crazy. image >>

Do you want a sure 69 or a chance for a 70? Kind of reminds me of "Let's Make a Deal". >>

A chance for a 70 comes at a price of shipping and grading.

<< <i>

<< <i>

eBay Link

This is crazy. image >>

Do you want a sure 69 or a chance for a 70? Kind of reminds me of "Let's Make a Deal". >>

A chance for a 70 comes at a price of shipping and grading. >>

And will the costs exceed value? imageimage

<< <i>This is the first one I have seen sell for less than $1,000.00 >>

With free shipping yet ..Gold will rally for another 100 +,, may help those buried in the Gold Kennedy

The bus sitter 2014 ANA dealers ,still have not sold any big quantities of their Gold Kennedy inventory

Look how this thread has turned quiet, says about the price direction
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay Link

This is crazy. image >>

It's almost funny. I love information at the speed of light.

HE>I

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>$970.14 PC69 non-show

$970 n69 N-S

These beat the auction low for raw that I've seen: $1001.01 posted previously >>

you missed this post goldbully >>

The seller of the PCGS coin, listed it in the wrong category and paid the price.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    Every post I read in this thread reminds me that not buying this coin was the correct decision.

Everything about this coin has put a damper on my enthusiasm for collecting modern coins.

I will eventually get over it, however I will buy less and pay less in the future.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

<< <i>Every post I read in this thread reminds me that not buying this coin was the correct decision.

Everything about this coin has put a damper on my enthusiasm for collecting modern coins.

I will eventually get over it, however I will buy less and pay less in the future. >>

Until the middle class economy picks up .. modern coins will have a tough go.... Just lighten holding these coins as prices drift lower

Even the Greysheet, has the HOF gold under $500.00 bid
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New numbers from the mint:

10/26/2014...2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET...136,614... That's +1,983 over the previous week.
    11/2/2014.....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET...141,808... That's +5,194 over the previous week.
    11/9/2014.....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET...146,222... That's +4,414 over the previous week.
    11/16/2014...2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET...148,928... That's +2,706 over the previous week.

10/26/2014...2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY GOLD COIN...65,039... That's +736 over the previous week.
    11/2/2014.....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY GOLD COIN...66,054... That's +1,015 over the previous week.
    11/9/2014.....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY GOLD COIN...66,547... That's +493 over the previous week.
    11/16/2014...2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY GOLD COIN...66,859... That's +312 over the previous week.

11/2/2014.....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY SILVER SET...125,147... That's +125,147 over the previous week.
    11/9/2014.....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY SILVER SET...137,802... That's +12,655 over the previous week.
    11/16/2014...2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY SILVER SET...144,572... That's +6770 over the previous week.

Sales are still surprising stong, considering the sales of other numis items. (Proof Buff gold, proof SAE's, etc.) There might be a pick up (or at least a less strong decline) after Black Friday for Christmas.
    The discussion about damaged or blemished coins in 70 slabs comes up in almost every thread about recent modern issues.
    I will put it plain and simple for those of you who beat around the bush about the subject. There are many coins put in 70 slabs
    that are clearly scratched, blemished or otherwise damaged just to meet quotas and for the $$$$$$$$$. These damaged coins are
    then shipped to the buying public who expect to get a nice coin with no scratches, lines, brush marks, ect. for the high prices they have to pay.
    While the sellers have dozens of excuses why a 70 does not mean a perfect coin they will find their sales falling off if they continue to ship damaged coins.
    It is true that if you throw enough $$$it against the wall it will stick, eventually it will start to fall off.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is in the Twilight Zone.......

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone yet proposed an ETF for Moderns in grade MS/PF 70 ? It might be the ulimate way to trade in this paper driven
    commodity. A person could make a million in this really fast.

They might lose $2 million even faster. image
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they struck 70,000 coins? I assume they can sells these coins until supply runs out into next year.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

This US Mint trend to put out everything from the past, in Gold, really is tacky IMHO.[

I think the mint is thinking of a walking liberty gold next year, so the trend continues.

<< <i>This thread is in the Twilight Zone.......

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone. >>

imageimage

This thread will keep going because the coin deserves being kicked when it's down due to the disgusting tactics of a few greedy dealers.
    Its like the saying goes: "Some people are like slinkies - Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when
    pushed down the stairs."image

<< <i>The statement still holds True

The lack of any form of patience on this forum is unbelievable, six months
    from close of sales is a LONG way out >>

The fact that there has been no sellout and that sales have not closed should be an indicator of future demand.

• bidaskbidask Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought a ngc proof 70 ultra cam first release for $1100.

How did I do?
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Why didn't you do a pcgs70fs?

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the mint is thinking of a walking liberty gold next year, so the trend continues. >>

Will collectors buy this or will it be a failure? image
    Success or failure will most likely depend on which way gold bullion prices are headed at the time of release.

Or if the mint would set a mintage limit of 5,000 or less, then:image
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you happen to catch the gold Kennedy in NGC holder on Pawnography with the Pawn Stars Thursday night?

"These things are rare as hens teeth. You just can't get them. Worth $1,800."

Too funny.

<< <i>I just bought a ngc proof 70 ultra cam first release for $1100.

How did I do? >>

Good price ....more cheapo prices to come before end of the year
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried to look at current pricing for the 2014 Kennedy varieties and I have to admit that it's become too confusing to even bother. I know that there are 7 different, or 9 different Kennedys this year - I just don't know what PCGS is calling them all.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    anybody have the sales numbers from last week yet ?

<< <i>anybody have the sales numbers from last week yet ? >>

312 more for a total of 66,859

<< <i>Success or failure will most likely depend on which way gold bullion prices are headed at the time of release.

Or if the mint would set a mintage limit of 5,000 or less, then:image >>

I think it would be better if there was no limit, but collectors and dealers were focused on other areas so minted to demand results in 5,000 or less, e.g. Jackie Robinson UNC gold.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>anybody have the sales numbers from last week yet ? >>

312 more for a total of 66,859 >>

These numbers are from the 19th post or the prior weeks totals...
    New numbers as of the 23rd out later today in some source, tomorrow on the mint page

I do not think they wil be able to sell the whole 75,000 they hoped to sell in the first round.
    They will not have to produce any more.
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New numbers from the Mint:

11/2/2014....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET...141,808...That's +5,194 units over the previous week
    11/9/2014....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET...146,222...That's +4,414 units over the previous week
    11/16/2014..2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET...148,928...That's +2,706 units over the previous week
    11/23/2014..2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET...165,824...That's +16,896 units over the previous week

11/2/2014....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY GOLD COIN...66,054...That's +1,015 units over the previous week
    11/9/2014....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY GOLD COIN...66,547...That's +493 units over the previous week
    11/16/2014..2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY GOLD COIN...66,859...That's +312 units over the previous week
    11/23/2014..2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY GOLD COIN...67,301...That's +442 units over the previous week

11/2/2014....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY SILVER SET...125,147...That's +125,147 units over the previous week
    11/9/2014....2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY SILVER SET...137,802...That's +12,655 units over the previous week
    11/16/2014..2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY SILVER SET...144,572...That's +6,770 units over the previous week
    11/23/2014..2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY SILVER SET...166,291...That's +21,719 units over the previous week

Big jump in sales due to household limits being lifted.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This US Mint trend to put out everything from the past, in Gold, really is tacky IMHO

Being a bad idea has never stopped the Mint before. They probably made the 5 oz. silver "quarters" thinking that they would circulate as pocket change.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>This US Mint trend to put out everything from the past, in Gold, really is tacky IMHO

Being a bad idea has never stopped the Mint before. >>

Is it a bad idea if people are buying it? image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six months, six years, this issue is never going to command a premium much higher than spot.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!!!!!!

Today I am giving thanks for the extra money that I have because I did not waste it on this coin.image
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Six months, six years, this issue is never going to command a premium much higher than spot. >>

Note to self - keep this post .....in order to re-post at the appropriate time to remove all doubt.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Six months, six years, this issue is never going to command a premium much higher than spot. >>

Note to self - keep this post .....in order to re-post at the appropriate time to remove all doubt. >>

LOL, don't hold your breath!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!!!!!!

Today I am giving thanks for the extra money that I have because I did not waste it on this coin.image >>

Hattrick, don't you want all 3 sets?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file