Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold Kennedy minted to demand (Now 75,000 Limit) - Where does it go from here ?

Comments

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    A release before the show--oct 28--
    I suspect more changes coming--stay tuned
    I think they will mint this product heavily, probably to the tune of 350000 plus
    It's amazing how the doom and gloom folks on here are now all pumped
    About this product
    I see the cycle never changes
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> They will be buried in that coin forever unless a climb in gold prices bails them out!! >>

I know it might sound totally weird but...maybe...just maybe...they freakin COLLECT coins and do NOT worry about being "bailed out"..... >>

Just buy one from the mint and enjoy it, problem solved

If they collect them why do they need 5? Is it a coincidence that the "collector" needs 5 and the limit just happens to be 5?

Why do they need slabs when the coins come in beautiful simulated velveteen thingamabobs ? The velvety thingamabobs come free with the coin the special labeled slabs cost $100 right?

And the slabs only seem to have 2 numbers randomly attached 69 and 70image if you get the 69 you are out $100 and if you get a 70 you are potentially plus 100? Thats brilliant

If you get half 69's and half 70's you can break even . I can do that by not buying anything at all.

If gold doubles then everyone is bailed out okay fine but what are these things worth if gold is $600 an ounce?

• Options
    goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Sorry I must have posted twice
  • Options
    goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

<< <i>With the girl scout dollars for instance , 90% of them could be owned by one nimrod . He read all the Scott Travers books and identified a potential rarity and cornered the market . He probably lives in a double wide trailer with no actual furniture. He has chairs made out of crates of girl scout coins in first strike slabs. He will sit on those coins, "literallyimage " until hes dead .
    >>

LOL that IS funny image
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    The end users these days are a handful of collectors and a handful of marks watching the Coin Club on TV.
    A very large assortment of dreamers and ripoff pros are trying to move far too much product onto this
    small group. The few true coin collectors are buying directly from the Mint. The Show Release Circus is
    about supplying the TV Marks, all else is about producing an oversupply that depresses future value. The
    Mint wants to sell as much as it can, right now, anyway it can.

So far no trick coins with paint , jewels , or cartoon legends. How long before that becomes their only way to
    continue pushing their oversupply of junk?
  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really be ticked at the ANA for allowing the USM to set up there bringing all those people crowding the aisles and taking away money from my sales had I set up there paying out the gazoo table fee plus travel and lodging expenses. Once all minted these will be common as dirt, trading around melt. Even at that, I don't even consider them a real coin. They look like a gold plated 50 cent piece lol. The end users will be taking a bath......drown in it guys, you deserve it.

Fullstrike says it all.
    So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    If the clad set is selling 120K, the silver set may well be minted in the 300K range. I will just be buying two silver sets from the mint. No graded 70s for me, unless they are cheap, like $250 for a 70 set.

I wonder if the silver sets will have spotting issues.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question could be re-phrased to "how long will it take for the spotting to appear?"

Before or after the main push by dealers and flippers.

I have heard zilch from the Mint or PCGS about any changes or acknowledgement of the issue.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i> They will be buried in that coin forever unless a climb in gold prices bails them out!! >>

I know it might sound totally weird but...maybe...just maybe...they freakin COLLECT coins and do NOT worry about being "bailed out"..... >>

Just buy one from the mint and enjoy it, problem solved

If they collect them why do they need 5? Is it a coincidence that the "collector" needs 5 and the limit just happens to be 5?

Why do they need slabs when the coins come in beautiful simulated velveteen thingamabobs ? The velvety thingamabobs come free with the coin the special labeled slabs cost $100 right?

And the slabs only seem to have 2 numbers randomly attached 69 and 70image if you get the 69 you are out $100 and if you get a 70 you are potentially plus 100? Thats brilliant

If you get half 69's and half 70's you can break even . I can do that by not buying anything at all.

If gold doubles then everyone is bailed out okay fine but what are these things worth if gold is $600 an ounce?[/q

They would be worth 450.00
  • Options
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i> is this the lowest ? $1161 >>

Not any more(see below). Even raw went off higher recently.

Here is a similar one $1300

$1235.01 from paradisemint

pcgs $1251

pcgs $1250

pcgs $1207.89

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    pcgs 70 ANA $2050

$2075

$2049.95

NGC 70 First Day's are $3650-$3750

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I might buy in at $1000. Why would I want this junk at higher than the current mint price. When gold drops the mint price
    will be even lower than the current price.

Come to think of it, I don't even want a gold one. I'll take the Silver set at $99.

• Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    My 2 clad sets for the kids looked great. Definitely Wow factor in the coins' quality. The silvers should look even better.
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I might buy in at $1000. Why would I want this junk at higher than the current mint price. When gold drops the mint price

Come to think of it, I don't even want a gold one. I'll take the Silver set at $99. >>

Are they almost even tempting you?

They will go lower!

Just wait a week or so and they will become a real bargain as the credit cards come due.
  • Options

<< <i>$1145 >>

And this one is graded too. Wow!
  • Options

<< <i>PCGS FS $1150 >>

Even worse! first strike.
  • Options

<< <i>PCGS FS $1145 >>

pcgs pr69dcam in kennedy label

the current record!

• Options

<< <i>PCGS FS $1150 >>

pr69dcam kennedy label

• Options

<< <i>I might buy in at $1000. Why would I want this junk at higher than the current mint price. When gold drops the mint price

Come to think of it, I don't even want a gold one. I'll take the Silver set at $99. >>

It's junk and you're considering paying anything other than under melt for it?

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS FS $1150 >>

pr69dcam kennedy label >>

those greedy ANA Show dealers holding 100s of these gold kennedys are wondering how low can they go
  • Options
    It's not junk and that is pretty close to melt with the grading fees.

It's a good buy.

It's a bad buy only if you are paying $1345 for it raw.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's not junk and that is pretty close to melt with the grading fees.

It's a good buy.

It's a bad buy only if you are paying $1345 for it raw. >>

the fast drop in prices should cut the down final Mint sales .. a big sleeper coin in making
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS FS $1145 >>

the current record! >>

Under seller's sold items he had 3 others just like it go for even less during the same time frame, $1136, $1125, $1111 - ouch.
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS FS $1150 >>

Even worse! first strike. >>

Typically First Strike labels carry a premium for moderns in MS/PR 70, but little or no premium for MS/PR 69.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS FS $1145 >>

the current record! >>

Under seller's sold items he had 3 others just like it go for even less during the same time frame, $1136, $1125, $1111 - ouch. >>

pcgs 69 FS $1111.11 Kennedy Label

The new record!

• Options

I guess if you want to be a ebay modern flipper you better have help from a few shill bidders if you are going to auction your labels , I mean coins , off

On the other hand ending a listing midway through labor day weekend even some shilling might not save you.image

over the years I learned a few painful lessons about holiday weekends and auction listings myself.

• Options
    Funney how some of the "believers" were making a point about calling out my "burnt & melt value" post now they are nowhere to be seen! Must be the fools that overpaid for the Kennedy's they hold and wish they could have returned now. To late ...... your stuck with an overpriced modern piece of 3/4 oz gold that will never be worth what you paid.... unless gold goes upwards but that ain't happening soon......

The wife and I each made 500.00 in DC on the day of release. Glad we took the money on this one.
  • Options
    From a few years back I remember people were beginning to eat gold in leaf form. Eating gold coins might be a bit unpleasant.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might sound a little odd to some, but I prefer not to get a coin with Mercanti's signature, and I absolutely will not buy a coin with Diehl's or Moy's signature. As for the ANA label, it's not gonna happen for me, no way I give it any premium at all.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I'm a buyer of 70's when they hit $850.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS FS $1145 >>

the current record! >>

Under seller's sold items he had 3 others just like it go for even less during the same time frame, $1136, $1125, $1111 - ouch. >>

pcgs 70 FS $1111.11 Kennedy Label

The new record! >>

That is a 69. I do not think looking at the market for duds being offloaded means much. The flippers are just cashing up for the silvers.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS FS $1145 >>

the current record! >>

pcgs 70 FS $1111.11 Kennedy Label

The new record! >>

The Kennedy 2 coin Clad sets have sold for more than that...image
  • Options
    Typo! A 69!

70's are still selling over issue

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS FS $1145 >>

the current record! >>

The new record! >>

That is a 69. I do not think looking at the market for duds being offloaded means much. The flippers are just cashing up for the silvers. >>

If a 69 sells for less than issue before first strike ends, that means something.

Not hot. Flipper Flood.

As far as the silver, the amateur flippers would be wise to learn the lesson of flipper flood. The true demand is a mystery, and it could be flooded again. $99.95 each might not be a lot but if it is another flood the hole just gets deeper.

• Options
    For how long? Just wait. These wll drop even more. I have yet to hear from the "believers". Sucks losing money but hopefully this will teach people a lesson. ..
  • Options
    Has it become painfully obvious that the few that really want the Coins are getting them from the Mint?

I think this whole show release / special labeling madness is aimed at the few TV Coin Show Marks out there in dreamland.
    They have too much money but are lacking in sense.

What it will take to send mintages back down the slope it had been on, is everyone getting burned for a few years. Right
    now the HOF release has too many wanting some of that quick flip action. That wasn't real. It was ultra slow shipping that
    kept that one alive.

We're now going back to reality a bit. Tulip mania has left us once again.
  • Options
    The show labels are still selling and they are going off over $2k still

There are still more than a few not buying from the mint.

• Options
    Any predictions on the clad set and gold sales figures this Tuesday?

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS FS $1145 >>

the current record! >>

The new record! >>

That is a 69. I do not think looking at the market for duds being offloaded means much. The flippers are just cashing up for the silvers. >>

If a 69 sells for less than issue before first strike ends, that means something.

Not hot. Flipper Flood.

As far as the silver, the amateur flippers would be wise to learn the lesson of flipper flood. The true demand is a mystery, and it could be flooded again. $99.95 each might not be a lot but if it is another flood the hole just gets deeper. >>

My take is that the holders of 69's were hoping for a quick sellout. They see the writing on the wall and are selling at a slight loss in hopes of making it back on the silver issue.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed following this thread. Thank you all for participating.

This has been like watching a bipolar person being treated with Rum and Ritalin.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like watching a sports game on tv. Half the fun is the colorful commentary.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    This Coin might turn out to be the one to finally cure me of my US Mint hoarding complex. Hoarding Gold issues can get
    darned expensive.

Glad I dumped off(canceled order) on these early in the game. I may have dumped(canceled) my HOF Gold a bit too quick but at least I was stress free
    over them.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    You'll be buying these at melt when Im buying the silver sets at $25.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS FS $1145 >>

the current record! >>

The new record! >>

Not hot. Flipper Flood.

As far as the silver, the amateur flippers would be wise to learn the lesson of flipper flood. The true demand is a mystery, and it could be flooded again. $99.95 each might not be a lot but if it is another flood the hole just gets deeper. >>

My take is that the holders of 69's were hoping for a quick sellout. They see the writing on the wall and are selling at a slight loss in hopes of making it back on the silver issue. >>

I'm posting true auctions

Those selling a 69 that way are definitely taking a chance outside the BINs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file