Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dan's Yaz pickups

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    I kept the paper insert from the figurine's packaging, with Yaz's name and photos on it. Who knows if PSA might be grading those one day. Is it really that different than a Transogram box?
  • Options
    Photobucket problems caused a bunch of broken links. Fixed now, including a new scan of this one:

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish you the best with your Yaz collection in 2015!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Thank you sir!!
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff Dan! I have great memories of seeing Yaz at Fenway when I was a kid. My father took me quite a few times to see him.
    For me...seeing Yaz play, was like my father seeing Mantle play.

Fantastic collection you have there!!
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    nice additions Daniel--keep it up
  • Options
    Everybody, Manny (flatfoot) is my collecting hero! Currently #2 Yaz master set and vying for #1. There are other really impressive player collections on here: Joe's Killebrew Master, Kyle's thousands of Larkins, Matt's endless Emmitt Smiths..... But when it comes to my guy, Yaz, Manny is the man. In fact his dupes and leftovers also comprise a top 20 Yaz master. Simply awesome!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Great adds to your set. Diggin the 60 rookie. Nice!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Always makes me happy when I can update this thread! Here are the latest additions, purchased from cpettimd. Always nice to add one of his 1960s basic Topps issues! And I like the horizontal layout of the All Star card. That one is doubly nice for a Yaz fan/collector, with his face on the back too. That's part of the puzzle shown early in this thread.

• Options
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Dan those look great congrats.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    A couple very nice additions. You are right, oddballs are great, but nothing like adding a Topps Basic to scratch the registry itch.
    Steve
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    All star looks cool. Although off center, the way the card is set up it still hits the eye nicely.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Sweet adds Dan.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I like how the 68 AS includes his face on the back image. Nice pickups. Those 68 Topps baseball are a neat issue.
  • Options
    Thanks fellas!

Nate, my tolerance for centering is different than a lot of board members'. I don't even consider that OC. However I do have a 1961 PSA 6 coming and that one is noticably OC to me
  • Options
    Great mail day! A couple more graded Yaz for my registry, bought at a great price from my favorite CU seller: wilkiebaby11. Really excited about one of them. Thanks Steve!

This sticker is pop 4, with only 3 higher.

This is the one I'm really excited about. I love oddball stuff and have really dove into that over the past year but, maybe as a direct result of that, I'm really enjoying adding Yaz's 1960s basic Topps issues. This is the earliest one I was missing and I think it's a nice copy. Lately I've popped a 62, bought the 68 and 61, and I've got a 64 and 69 to sub. I wonder what's next....

Edited to add: currently I'm at 33% (8/24) of his PSA basic Topps set.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love your dedication and your focus. It reminds me of.......me! image

Shane

• Options

<< <i>I love your dedication and your focus. It reminds me of.......me! image >>

That's quite the compliment. I love your Cardinals projects.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Dan, you are really making progress on your Yaz sets! Thank you for sharing these wonderful cards.
  • Options
    Recent poppage. Obviously not a great copy of that checklist, but at least now I can say I have a graded copy of both versions.

imageimage
  • Options
    That's a sharp 8. Nice additions Dan!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    How is that sspc only an 8? surface wear? nice adds.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Surface looks fine to me. I have no idea.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How is that sspc only an 8? >>

+1, as long as they're centered and surface is good, those are usually pretty easy 10s.
  • Options
    Received an awesome card today from my collecting hero and an all-around terrific guy and asset to these boards - Manny. It's an upgrade to the copy I already owned (earlier on this page). I'm happy to report that this card not only carries a higher technical grade, but it is also an upgrade in eye appeal. Thanks again Manny, for this and for everything you do to encourage my Yaz collecting!

• Options
    What a great card, Dan!! Your Yaz thread is a fun read. I can't wait for the next installment.
  • Options

<< <i>What a great card, Dan!! Your Yaz thread is a fun read. I can't wait for the next installment. >>

Then stay tuned! I've got 5 PSA 9's coming soon!
  • Options
    Great card! Nice gesture as well.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great 61, congratulations!
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Thanks fellas!

Today was another big day for my master set. I added the 4 PSA 9's you see below and, by doing so, achieved a new personal highest rank to date. Even better is that I'm .02 behind the next guy and I have another PSA 9 coming this week and two 1960's issues going out in separate March subs. So I should catch him with ease. OK, without further ado, here are today's additions....

imageimage
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff. I always liked that 1982 In Action card from when I was a kid. It seemed to capture some of his prime-age glory in that one swing image

(Edited for clarification)
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dan, the new additions are great. I especially love the 83' OPC with the upper-edge rough cut.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice additions Dan.

I especially like the 82T IA card. Classic Yaz.
    Mike
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 on the 82 IA. Great additions Dan! Congrats on moving up the registry set ladder. image
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    Thanks fellas. I only mention rank because I mentioned it in the 2015 goals thread. What I'm more concerned with is that I continue to pick up more and more items and that they're largely in grades I'm happy with. I started my registry 10 months ago and Tomorrow's arrival will make 37 items in my set, only 4 of which I plan to upgrade. To me that's a better measuring stick than worrying about what others are doing with their sets.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    nice job Yaz fan---for comparison's sake--I started my Yaz Master Set about TEN YEARS AGO!!!!!

it was about 245 cards back then---
  • Options

<< <i>Dan, the new additions are great. I especially love the 83' OPC with the upper-edge rough cut. >>

I concur counselor. Nothing better than the 83 Topps design. Great additions Danielson!
  • Options
    The big week for my registry comes to a close with another 9, a basic Topps issue I didn't have yet in my graded collection. Bought from wilkiebaby11, with whom I've made several deals. Steve, you're the best!

• Options
    Very nice 79' Yaz, Dan!!! Keep'm coming.
  • Options
    Thanks John, I really appreciate your encouragement.
  • Options
    Nice card
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! That's a beauty of a 79.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice '79 Dan! Love that set.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Dan

Ya know...

I was going thru my stack of miscellaneous graded cards and realized at some time in my existence, I picked up the 68T Yaz - it's GAI graded so not sure how it stacks up with PSA.

Wish I had his RC hiding in the rafters! image
    Mike
  • Options
    Wow, pretty cool to find a graded Yaz you didn't know you had!

As always, thanks to all of you who follow this thread. It means a lot to me to be able to share my collecting joys with people who actually get it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Can you post a picture of your entire collection next to each other ? Love those kind of shots. In the Beckett magazine they have those 'master collector' monthly updates showing off someone's huge single player or team collection and that just rocks.