Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dan's Yaz pickups

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    I was admiring a few of my Yaz cards and noticed he's coming up on 77 tomorrow. Happy Birthday Carl Yastrzemski & ttt this awesome thread.
  • Options
    Yes indeed, happy birthday captain Carl!
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Dan, so what card is on your list next?
    John
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Originally posted by: jmmiller777

John

I've got snipes set on an 84 fleer for my basic set and on a small lot of 60's oddballs that I need.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Good luck with your snipes Dan.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: DanBessette

Originally posted by: jmmiller777

John

I've got snipes set on an 84 fleer for my basic set and on a small lot of 60's oddballs that I need.

Well I landed the 84 Fleer and at about half of my snipe, too.

Now I need just ONE card to complete his basic run. I'm 33/34 complete. If anybody has a lead on a nice PSA 9 of his 82 Topps, please let me know!

Last week I received the following awesome card as a generous freebie from Ironmanfan (Bill). Available only on Topps.com and has a really cool Archives feel to it. I really love this one:

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His master set is just a monster undertaking. Dan doing awesome work on it though. Good stuff.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredible card Dan!

And the card from Bill is sweet - very thoughtful and generous of him.
    Mike
  • Options
    A lot of Yaz additions today, but I don't have time tonight to scan them all. Here is a transparency slide of Yaz, from 1968, produced by MLB for use in TV broadcasts. I have seen a few of these over the years, but this is the oldest one I've ever seen. Very excited to add this! This one wouldn't scan well, so I stole the seller's photo:

Also, I recently found out there are 2 back variations to the 1981 Permagraphics credit cards. Got this one on eBay and it arrived last week.

The variation is that, in the bottom right corner of the back, all the cards can be found with or without a 125- prefix to the card number. Yaz is card #4 and the PSA 9 in my set is #125-004. This arrival says only 004. Below are the 2 variations side by side.

That makes 3 variations of this card in my collection. #125-004 in PSA 9 and raw, plus #004 raw, plus I have this proof, which was a generous gift from Lee:

The proof is square cornered and blank backed.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good info about the perma graphics. Didn't know that. Nice additions!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Some recent raw pickups:

1979-83 Coral Lee postcards. PSA grades the set, and has graded another Yaz from the set (#15C), but has never graded this single. I bought a lot of 15 of them and these were the nicest 2, already mailed to PSA. If the photo looks familiar, you might have seen this photo I have, signed by President Carter, a CU gift from last Christmas:

I'd like to have Yaz sign it too, but that's an expensive proposition.

Bought a Sox team set from 1981 Topps "Super Home Team." Super glossy set, really great looking portraits. I planned to sub the Yaz, but it has a bent lower left corner.

And then I got 4 graded Yaz cards in the mail yesterday:

Never liked this card much, but this is a really nice copy, without PD's and registration issues I almost always see on this card.

I love really well done hand-cut cards, happy with this one

This is the more common gray back version. There is a white back version, but it's been at least 3 years since a PSA graded white back sold.

On the other hand, this OPC is the white/cream back. In this case, that's the more common back and gray backs are much harder to come by.