Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dan's Yaz pickups

Comments

• Options
    Congrats on the top 10. I really enjoy your adventure in collecting Yaz and all the posts.
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    Thanks! Adventure is right. I named my master set Dan's Impossible Dream.
  • Options
    I got some great poppage lately on a small sub. Only 3 cards, but very happy with the grades. Here are the slabbed Yaz items from the sub, both of which have been shown raw before.

This was the first Venie I ever owned. Grade was exactly what I expected. Happy to have it slabbed.

Thrilled with this grade. First copy of this patch PSA has ever graded. Didn't know their criteria for this issue, so had no idea what to expect. Very pleased.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet patch Dan! Love the additions. You're on quite a run!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by: yankeesman

Sweet patch Dan! Love the additions. You're on quite a run!

Thanks, that awesome Hostess is a big part of that!

I've got a '69 OPC that's been at PSA for a while, and 2 different Venezuelans (shown recently) that will be subbed soon.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Top 10 master set is very cool. You got me itching to start a favorite player set of my own.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas Daniel
  • Options
    Nice upgrade for the registry today. This 7.5 has better centering (both directions) and better corners than the 6 it's replacing. With this card, I now have the first 13 years of his basic Topps issues completed to my satisfaction, and 22 of the 24. Just need to add the 1973 and 82.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 71 looks great. Very sharp.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    LOVE the look of this one. Only 3 graded higher.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG Dan ... nice to see you adding some cards people don't see that often.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Wow! That 71 is da bomb! Absolutely gorgeous set when it's in high grade like that. Stunner. I also agree with Doug. I love seeing all the oddball stuff.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
  • Options
    Got back my cc renewal sub and it included these two.

This Venezuelan was part of a generous Christmas package from my main man Manny. Thrilled to have a Venie that's graded higher than a 1, with no qualifiers.

This was a raw purchase in December. I hoped it would be an upgrade over my PSA 6, but still not sure how they grade these matchbooks. Happy to have this 7. Pop 1, with 4 higher.
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Looking good Dan! Gonna try and work my way up the Yaz Master collection!
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    I love the Venie!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: jmaciu

I love the Venie!!

John, it's so good to see you around!
  • Options
    Didn't know if I'd ever upgrade my Yaz RC. I hadn't seen any PSA 4's that had better eye appeal than my PSA 2. But I made a couple of sales on eBay, saved my pennies, and then stumbled upon this PSA 5. Set a low snipe and won it for significantly less than VCP. Thrilled to have this upgrade! I even love the rough cut.

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I love rough cuts too. Sweet corners, very nice pickup!!!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Still my favorite rookie card from all sets and of all players. Nice card Dan!
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, Dan! Very nice Yaz rookie. THat's one of the cards on my vintage want list.
    Daniel
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done Daniel! The Linnett's colors jump right out.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I'm still gonna keep my PSA 2, for reasons obvious to those who read its story in the "prized card" thread.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice upgrade on the Yaz Rookie Dan.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Whoo Hooo Danny Boy. Nice Carl rookie
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Great job! Really like the last few additions. Have a good weekend!
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    Nice card Dan, maybe crack the PSA 2 and get it signed?

Just a thought as I feel nothing presents better then an eye appealing signed HOF RC
  • Options
    Originally posted by: RipublicaninMass

Nice card Dan, maybe crack the PSA 2 and get it signed?

Just a thought as I feel nothing presents better then an eye appealing signed HOF RC

I like this idea Dan! It would make that PSA 2 even more special. You could tell Yaz the story. Then send it back in for dual grading image
  • Options
    Casey had suggested that too. It's not a bad idea and one I just might do.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Luckily he still signs not to far from you every once in a while
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    WTG on the pickups..??
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    Wow! Sweet Yaz rook Dan!!!

I know that 2 will always be a keeper and close to your heart but that's a sweetie there for the registry. Congrats
  • Options
    Dan, congrats on the amazing upgrade. What a rush that must have been to secure it. I too like the idea of getting your original one autographed.
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Nice eye appeal on that Yaz Rookie !
    Robbieimage
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice PSA 5 rookie. Love the thread.

I think we talked about his card before....but did you ever try to find a 1969 Topps 4-in-1 with Yaz? The reason I ask is because it also has a Cardinals rookie on it. I got mine a couple of years ago after looking for a long, long time.

If you don't want my picture on your thread, just PM me and I will be glad to edit and remove. If you don't mind seeing it in your thread......here it is......

Shane

• Options
    Don't mind at all, Shane, thanks for showing that! I haven't landed my 4-in-1 yet, but I'd rank it in the top 10 hardest cards in the Yaz master composite. Great snag by you. I remember when you bought that. Doubly cool for us Sox fans, with Yaz and Petrocelli both on there.
  • Options
    Bought a raw assortment of Yaz goodness from a member on Net54. The 62 Post is not a very nice copy, so it's a placeholder for now that will eventually go to one of my kids. I love the kielbasa labels!

Maybe the best of the lot was the 66 Rub-Off below. What do you guys think? Is this worth grading? Any guess at a grade?

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Nice additions Dan. Real nice centering on that Rub-Off ... not very many are centered that well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I love the oddball stuff.

Shane

• Options
    Hey Dan - You have seen my rub off. It is a PSA 6 and not centered as well as yours. I don't know what your card's other side looks like, but I would say yes. I would guess it would be a solid 7, maybe even an 8.

Here is a link to mine for reference...

http://i1268.photobucket.com/a...t_PSA6_zpsvvmaahnz.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by: ugaskidawg

Hey Dan - You have seen my rub off. It is a PSA 6 and not centered as well as yours. I don't know what your card's other side looks like, but I would say yes. I would guess it would be a solid 7, maybe even an 8.

Here is a link to mine for reference...

http://i1268.photobucket.com/a...t_PSA6_zpsvvmaahnz.jpg

What do you think of the "rippling"? Will they knock me down for that, or is it typical of the issue?
  • Options
    I can't see any rippling in the pic. If you scanned them, that might be why. Mine does not have any rippling on the front or back, so I'm not sure. Mine has 4 fairly sharp corners, but is off center L/R. Do you have naother pic? I think you should get it graded nonetheless. Through it in a batch CC monthly special. It is definitely worth doing it for $5-6, especially because you are needing that one for the reg. Still a very good looking card!
  • Options
    I love player coins and found this one during a 3x eBay bucks offer. Seller contacted me through Net54 and I scored an even better deal.

• Options
    Nice coin!

Is that a booger on the tip of his nose or is that scanner dust?

OK....sorry for the 3rd grade humor!

Shane

• Options
    Strong mail day, which included another Topps Coin.

The Drake's is deceptively tough. PSA 10's go for well over $100. VCP only shows 2 other PSA 9's sold in the last 2 years. Centering and PD's are the trickiest factors with this card. I love food issues.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've picked up some really nice cards while I've been gone Dan!

Congratulations. The 63F is a beauty - 9 corners make up for the centering for me. I just picked up a centered 9 Clemente and I had to sell a kidney to make it work!
    Mike
  • Options
    Thanks a lot Mike! Your 63F set is tremendous and anybody who hasn't checked it out really should.
  • Options
    Some good mail yesterday and today.

Got these 2 from Lee:

I love the proof. I had never seen one until Lee's. Only 3 copies slabbed by PSA. The relic is from '04 and is serial numbered 33/50.

Bought this one from CU member wilkiebaby11, my favorite seller in the hobby. Now I have PSA graded copies of the regular Topps version of this card and the Venezuelan version. Thanks as always, Steve!

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Dan nice coins.
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan very cool Drakes card of Yaz. You don't see those everyday. Love those hard to find cards in high grade. Those coins are also some great additions. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Dan, as always, I love your recent additions. In particular, the Kahn's label is one that caught by attention. I want to say again, your passion for Yaz shines in this thread. Keep them coming.