Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #1

Comments

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't pick anything up. Jim is keeping me pretty busy with another project!image
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Today, Lablover officially owned and ruled the Rosie market at FUN >>

Well, I'm not sure it's totaly accurate about that, but I did acquire 17 Roosies, and traded for another three, for a total of twenty. Oh, and I bought a stunning 1917 PCGS MS65RB Lincoln for my Type Set. We'll have to wait for a TrueView of that one since I can't image copper very well. Working on the Roosie images at this writing and will post a bit later.

It was great to see some of the Roosie guy's...that would be Bill only this time around. I always admired his 47P MS67* Roosevelt and was thrilled to get it in trade. And yes, I think I got the better end of the deal. Thanks Billy!!!!!!

Got to meet several Forum Members for the first time and saw a few old friends too. If I forget someone please forgive me: Rainbowroosie, Coppercolor, Kryptonitecomics, AuroraBorealis, LANCE, Catbert, MrD, blue62vette, seqoja and TONEDDOLLARS.

I was surprised at the current Bid/Ask on Double Mint Sets. Actually, it was shock!!! I've not bought one in over a year, so I was stunned to see the price at three times what I remember. At the current levels you've got to hit on one or two big coins in order to justify the existing prices. And, if the set has nice color expect to pay Ask x 2. If it's monster color you are paying Ask x 3.

All-in-all, a great short trip (35 miles) to the show

Oh, I almost forgot to mention Coppercolor's Lincoln Set. Jeff has/is building one of the top-flight sets ever!!! The coins he brought were stunning to see in-hand...my-oh-my at the color. If you ever have a chance to see the set don't miss the opportunity. Congrats Jeff on your work of art. And, thank your father (Jack) again for the great dinner at Vito's, and the wine.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removed...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    Great to see you all at the slow.

Lablover, I am deeply grateful that you kept that 1917 Lincoln obverse rainbow target toner in the family by putting in your type set. That is one hell of a coin and you seemed to know that even though I already had a killer in my set (thank you Angel Dee's) that I didn't want to lose track of it. A great defensive buy for you buddy!

And thank you for your complements on my Lincoln set. That's the first time I've pulled pieces of it out of hiding. You'll have to see the rest sometime. It made me feel really good when I gave Rick Snow the 30 lincs and I think he said "oh my god" more than ten times. No exaggeration. That made me feel like maybe I was getting somewhere.

Thank you Dennis King for selling an absolute killer Washington and Franklin for me at their appropriate level.

Thank you Shane for bringing me cash!

Great show. Nick Cascio and Bill Kelly we missed you at dinner. My father and I had this plan to repay both of you for the times you've sneaked off with the bill at Vito's but our plan was foiled by your absence.

Aurora Borealis, awesome to finally meet you in person. Sorry not to introduce myself the first time we ended standing next to each other, made it kind of funny. Killer Morgan you showed me!

Great show. The friends are what made it but the coins I saw were killer too!
    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    I have 1 1968-d Roosie pcgs ms 68FB from a 2,000+ set search if anyone is interested? I think they are pretty tough on the clads from what I have so far.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have 1 1968-d Roosie pcgs ms 68FB from a 2,000+ set search if anyone is interested? I think they are pretty tough on the clads from what I have so far. >>

Nice Score. As far as I remember, PCGS is very difficult on clads. The best I could do for 1968-D was 2 MS66FB's and 1 MS67FB, but I never had 2000+ mint sets to look through. Where in the world do you find that amount of sets to go through?

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Hi Paul it has been awhile! You think that is a lot I currently have over 10,000 full sets 1975-76. Yuck!

When I look at coinfacts it looks like Teleshill is the place to sell Roosies as many coins sold there recently for 1.5X pcgs guide, how is this possible? Can I get these prices or is it a gimmick for the few?
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark: You can forget about getting those prices over on Teletrade ... the company no longer exists as a stand alone auction company. Teletrade auctions are now history! LOL.

Interestingly, those amazing prices took place in Teletrade's last auction as an auction company. Since, I was the consignor of virtually every single clad dime in that final sale, I personally am aware of what really took place over there in the final auction. And, what valuable information it is to know whether those were "real prices" or simply reserves, or bidders that paid or did not pay for the coins, etc., etc. And, what did I do with my valuable information? Of course, I told Nick everything I know when he asked me about them (and Nick will tell you he can "take to the bank" anything I ever tell him). Of course, there can not be a PCGS Roosevelt Dime out there that Nick does not know the entire history on - right guys!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Mitch, it sounds pretty fishy to me.

What happened to teletrade and what is taking its place?
  • Options
    Mark. There are going to be Stacks/Bowers weekly auctions now (running right now actually). And, if you have any question on whether any purported sale is legit, just send me a PM and I will confirm the reality of any such reported sale for you. We were just at the Hyatt Thousand Oaks this past weekend and had dinner at Mastros. There is a lot of money in your town! Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Shame about teletrade really. image They had a simple effective format that I rather liked.
  • Options
    No need Mitch, I did a little research and have a pretty good picture and I will no longer comment on any part of it.

This area is quite affluent and I am but a small fry truely.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I meant 1982 No P (my fingers were working faster than my brain was) I just got the result yesterday;

1982 10C No P Strong FS-501

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking coin, what is the grade?
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice looking coin, what is the grade? >>

Indeed it is.

MS-66?
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    My apologies, yes, it's a MS66.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I'm not one for business strikes, but that's a nice looking roosie!
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    Here it is on a PCGS CoinFacts page;

http://www.pcgscoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/146347?redir=t

• Options

Just checked the PCGS price guide for Roosies. Red across the board with a touch of Green. The explosion in pops is catching up
    with the price guide as we see many of these start to hit the auctions. Heritage has a nice selection of better date silver Roosies
    coming up and I'll expect another round of RED in the pops after that.

Keep the faith
    Onlyroosies
  • Options
    Nick,

Have you tried your luck with the PCGS reconsideration submissions?

I have noticed alot of non-FB Roosies with the + and a few FB here and there with the Shield. I do know if your into Franklin halves for instance, you can assemble an entire set of MS64+FBL Halves.

What exactly is the point system for the + and the Shield? Does anyone know? (ie: FB = 2 points)

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    The shield is secure plus and does not have any Benefit in the registry. The + is worth a bump in points in the registry I think 1/2 point. Reconsideration is only used for a bump in grade 66 or 66+ to 67. You cannot go from 67 to 67+ with reconsideration. I just got back 2 reconsideration submissions that had 66+FB and 67+FB dimes and hit 0. I will not use it again.
  • Options
    One date that had green in the PCGS price guide was the 1948D MS67+FB listed at $750. We had another thread
    about a 1948D MS67+FB listed on eBay. It hammered at $415. Approximately 56% of the price guide number. $400
    is about where an MS67FB use to sell for about 5 years ago. This was a pop 3/3 coin that just sold for $415......image
    Mark my words, PCGS Price Guide numbers for silver Roosies 5 years from now will be far less then they are today.

I'm still a buyer because I'm a collector of the series. I don't ever intend to make money from my collection without
    the help of gradeflation and up-grades. I did not win this coin nor did I bid it up because I already have this date in
    MS67+FB.

I bet very soon the PCGS price guide will reflect this price and RED again for this and many other dates. If you want to
    collect this series you need to wait out the dealer reserves at the auctions and the coins will eventually come to you.

Onlyroosies

• Options
    Nick. I agree with some of what you are saying, but not everything. The 48-d just sold at the right price in my view, especially when you consider a far tougher 48-p is only about a $500-$600 coin in the same grade and so much harder in pop top 68FB. The price was simply a little high in the Guide on the 48-d in ms67+FB. If the price guide falls to $500-$600 for that grade, that is where it should have been in the first place. As I mentioned on the other thread, the 48-d quarter in the same grade is about $7,500. How much further can the dime fall from $400-$500. If it falls much further, I would want to buy multiples of these 67+FB coins and tuck them away.

The mint sets where many of these come from have skyrocketed upwards of 300% in the past year or so. I just paid "four figures" this week for a 1952 mint set, because I liked one of the d mint quarters in the set! As these sets continue to climb in price, it will be tough for the 67+ coins to continue to drop and drop in price. They will represent better and better value at the lower levels. Which may explain why there are just 3 ms67+FB coins of this date and you and I own two of them already. As always, just my two cents. Wondercoin.
  • Options

You say a 48P 67+FB is a $500-$600 coin. I paid over double that for the one I have. I think it's also a pop 3/3. I'm talking about the various
    dates in MS67+FB in the price guide where the number is $1600, $2000 or even a few at $3000 when the under grade MS67FB is a sub $500
    coin.

If the price guide for the 48D 67+FB drops from $750 to $500 don't you think that's a significant drop. I agree you wont get hurt on the one you bought
    because you got it at a 44% discount to the current price guide number. What if there was a reserve on that coin of $750. Would you have bought it?.
    Like you said, you and I were the only bidders over $68. Where is the demand.

Nick
  • Options
    Nick. Upon reflection, I would agree the 48-p is closer to a $750-$1,000 coin in 67+FB. So, 48-d should be a $500-$600 coin in the same grade. My max bid was less than $500 so I would not have even hit the BIN at $500 let alone $750. My precious dollars are mainly flowing into shot upgrade coins, not product these days. As I have mentioned on other threads, product at auction this year has been going cheap in my view in the 20th century stuff we both pursue. There has been very weak demand. That is why I have picking up some product here and there over the past 90 days. I believe the collector will return when the economy picks up. Just my 2 cents. Wondercoin.
  • Options
    Higher end coin prices are unpredicatable at times. I picked up a 1946-S PCGS MS67FB for a little over $100 last year, the PCGS Trends price has gone down about $20 (now $185), but I just checked some recent auction results and they are all over the map within the last year $793 Ira & Larry Goldberg, January Pre-Long Beach 1/14 {although it was a nice toner} - to $141 at eBay. It represents my Silver Roosevelt in my PCGS 7070 collection.

• Options
    Here's a quick question. Why are the pops so low for a lot of the 70's and 80's for fb and even non fb? Is it that unpopular of a series and just not worth the time and effort or are some dates really hard to get in good grade? I'm asking because I'm going to slowly start a set and the pops are pretty low imo.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    I would think that clad coins were not popular nor saved in great numbers which is why those early clad years are kinda pricey.

• Options
    I just wanted to thank kryptonitecomics for selling me this fabulous looking Roosevelt dime. It is a 1953-D MS67FB. It is the first silver Roosevelt Dime I have had in over 5+ years. Nice to have one.
    Here is a Link to eBay auction

Thanks, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Nice pick up Paul, Like Mitch you got it at a huge discount to the PCGS price guide of $475. You certainly can't get hurt buying
    MS67FB Roosies for 50% of price guide numbers.
  • Options
    I agree with Nick! Great buy Paul.

Why not make hay when the sun shines!!

Wondercoin

• Options
    Thanks Nick and Mitch for the comments. I really wanted that beautifully toned 48-D 7+FB you won Mitch, but I had to work and forgot it was going off that night. I did however treat myself to another one of kryptonitecomics dimes on eBay last night. A nice blast white 1963-D PCGS MS67. Take a look at the doubling on the obverse. There is some crazy doubling on the date, initials, and LIBERTY. The C.P.G. doesn't show this variety at all for the D, only the P. The P has the same exact date doubling as this D. Amazing, plus I believe it to have FB's. Here is the Link

What do you think? Does this have a shot at the C.P.G.???

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Nice pick up again Paul. Wow! I didn't catch the DDO obverse or I would have been all over it. Let me know how it looks in hand. If it's a true FS-101 like the
    63P I'll pay you triple what you paid for it. Again 25% under Price guide numbers. I'll even join the camp and offer a nice group of Roosies for 25% - 50% under
    price guide delivered..... Here you go:

Silver FB Roosies on BST 25% - 50% below PCGS Price Guide

10 minutes in, First one sold.... Better hurry up.
  • Options
    Nick and Mitch, you are completely correct in saying that ALL Roosevelt dimes are down. I just picked up, or I should say I stole, another dime off of eBay, my 3rd in a week. I just couldn't let a beauty of a 1967 MS67FB go for just $178 delivered. It is a pop 7 with 2 higher. This coin is in incredible condition and a possible upgrade...maybe.
    I bought one of these back on 05/14/2007 for $800 and it books at $475. The 8FB is a $3k dime. With all of the Mint set collectors out there, I can't believe this went for this price. I have also witnessed several 1968-D MS67FB Roosies selling at less then $30. Yes, I understand the pop is 90 on this coin with 10 higher, but there has to be someone buying these right, or are there no other collectors?
    A 1982-No/P MS66 strong strike old holder sold for $256.55 ???
    A 1951-S MS67FB went unsold with a open bid at $165 ???

Just my random thoughts...

Paul

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Paul. Great pickups. Not all Roosie dimes are down actually. Great color coins are as hot as they ever were. Super low pop properly graded top pop pieces can still command decent money (clad & silver) as well. Not to mention the 68, 75 no S at record prices, etc. Even a 1965 silver I sold recently for a customer did very nicely.

What is available right now in the "sweet spot" is the pop 3-10 registry stuff that the "big boys" already own and don't care to purchase multiple copies of. But, that could change in a NY second when one or two more players step in. Take the dime I won for example. If Paul had been available to bid on it, I would have lost and the coin would have performed much better. Likewise, Nick just gave away a 1959 dime at a silly price here on this board because he is a great guy, not because I would not have paid him more than his asking price. His sale proves nothing... his buyer can sell it to me for an immediate profit this morning.

As always, just my two cents. Wondercoin.
  • Options
    I was watching that 1967. I thought about getting it but I need to finish one collection before starting another.
  • Options

Paul,

It looks like you're back in the game. It's a nice time to be putting a set together, clad or silver. Mitch I consider you a collector of Roosevelt dimes. as long as you are buying for your
    collection I will sell to you. The 59P use to be a semi key date. The pops have over doubled for this date and I now consider it a common date. I priced it at what I felt the coin is now
    worth. I replaced the 59P 67FB with a 67+FB. I always over pay for the upgrade and sell my under grades for a loss....image

Onlyroosies
  • Options

<< <i>Paul,

It looks like you're back in the game. It's a nice time to be putting a set together, clad or silver. Mitch I consider you a collector of Roosevelt dimes. as long as you are buying for your
    collection I will sell to you. The 59P use to be a semi key date. The pops have over doubled for this date and I now consider it a common date. I priced it at what I felt the coin is now
    worth. I replaced the 59P 67FB with a 67+FB. I always over pay for the upgrade and sell my under grades for a loss....image

Onlyroosies >>

I would not consider myself 100% back in the game. I have no set listed, no PCGS membership and do not plan to get caught up in the "Circus" again. I love Roosies is a great motto, but I will be really selective with what I obtain, as you can see from the last 3 dimes I've bought. Went to my first coin show locally here in 5+ years and it was a bust. There was a guy that wanted $175 for a raw 2013 Roosevelt he said was a MS67FT. I had to be held back when he told me I had no idea what I was talking about when I asked him why he priced it so much. I was trying to be nice, but he was uneducated as a dealer. Very sad that someone may dish that kind of money out for that coin at a later show. I would have graded it a 4 no FB's at best. I did however buy a beautiful 1962-P with some unreal die polish lines with some nice light toning on the reverse. I bought 3 raw dimes total, all silver.

I did finally go through some of what I had left over raw from the good-old-days and have a need to send in the key modern dates 2005-2008. I don't have any 2009-2010, but may buy some rolls, as I love to search for hidden treasures.

Nick, I may have that one dime we spoke about in a 7FB. I will get it graded. When it comes back, I will toss it your way.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    As the PCGS price guide keeps updating the total value for a complete silver MS67FB set continues to drop. Red again dominates the Roosie
    price guide with sprinkles of green. The 54S 67FB is now below $1000. That coin was "not to long ago" $2400. I expect the same down draft
    for the 63D 67FB. When pops go from a few to double digits expect a huge value reduction. the key dates that have held up the best in 67FB IMHO
    are the 49S, 53P, 58P, 61P and 63P. Semi key dates are now the 49P, 55P, 55S, 57P and 61D. Dates I consider just above common are 53S, 54P,
    56P, 60P, 60D and 63D. All other dates I consider common and valued between $100 - $500. Outstanding color, luster and or strike will bring a
    premium.

Lust my 10c worth
    Nick
  • Options
    Nick. Today, I reviewed yet another 63-D MS67FB coin that is what you and I would consider an MS66FB coin from "yesteryear" when we were building our #1 registry sets. I would not buy the coin to fill my hole in the set (personally) for 50% of the new and improved reduced Price Guide price (I might screen some rolls though as I can find this quality myself and the price for MS67FB's is great considering I graded many of these coins just MS66FB a few years back and it was not worth my trouble to submit them). My point being, while prices may be dropping in the guide for these coins that have seen massive upticks in the pops over the last 12-24 months, owners of true premium quality material have not suffered all that bad with these price drops. Those owners have seen their nice high quality MS66FB coins upgrade to MS67FB and have seen decent to fabulous returns on these coins, while many high quality MS67FB coins are now in MS67+FB holders as well that have seen no net loss or even a decent gain in the new low pop MS67+FB holder. To those folks who bought "dreck" way back when for what appeared to be a "good price" at the time, many of those coins might be worth 50 cents on the dollar or less now. Not a great surprise to either you or me as we discouraged buying many of these coins even back in the day.

Case in point is both of our 1958-P MS67FB coins in our current sets. I can not speak to yours (and how exactly you upgraded it), but mine was a lovely quality MS66FB of yesteryear that upgraded fairly easily to MS67FB in the past year (if memory serves me right, it took two steps including a short stop in an MS66+FB holder). So, at the peak, what was my MS66FB 1958-P dime worth and at this point of the "sea of red" pricing what is the 1958-P coin worth today in the MS67FB holder? How bad did I do buying a quality MS66FB coin in the first place? Then, on top of that, virtually nothing in the guide affects monster toned coins ... I doubt RainbowRoosie is losing 1 minute sleep with how his toned dimes are performing these days.

I see the same thing for my Washington quarters, my Franklins, my top quality Lincoln cents, Jefferson nickels, Kennedy Half Dollars, etc., etc., etc. If you buy great coins in the first place, you can shield yourself from a decent percentage of this gradeflation as, in the end, this is all a ratings game. Sure it "stings" to see some inferior quality and undeserving coin sitting in a higher grade holder than the one currently in your set. I literally see that nearly every day. Besides the "sting", it also does give me the incentive to dust off more coins and let PCGS see them again. I have so many coins that are in the wrong holder right now, that I could make it a full time job for the next 3-5 years just to try to get a majority of them into the right holders. I suspect everyone who can relate to this post is in the same boat and it is especially not falling on deaf ears on Nick!

As always, just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin

• Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Where does a person find a 1969-P Roosevelt in a PCGS holder? There was one on eBay (67) but either pics looked bad or the coin has turned ugly, now I see the same coin that didn't sell 3x on eBay on Heritage. Has anyone seen it before?

Link to 1969-P PCGS MS67 (Heritage)

The 1969-P is the last coin I need for my Registry set...

Any hints/recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks!
  • Options

the 69P comes dull and lifeless looking. I have only seen one with decent luster and that one is in very strong hands.
    PCGS graded MS67FB. I use to own both of the 66FB's and both looked a lot like the one in the Heritage auction.
  • Options

<< <i>Where does a person find a 1969-P Roosevelt in a PCGS holder? There was one on eBay (67) but either pics looked bad or the coin has turned ugly, now I see the same coin that didn't sell 3x on eBay on Heritage. Has anyone seen it before?

Link to 1969-P PCGS MS67 (Heritage)

The 1969-P is the last coin I need for my Registry set...

Any hints/recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks! >>

For years I could not find this coin either. I looked at countless mint sets and found AU coins at best. I finally found a coin shop that had half a roll that I went through and found 1 specimen that was maybe worthy of getting graded if I still couldn't find one because with what Nick said, it was very dull. I never found another one and finally sent that one in and it came back MS66, so go figure. Now I went through some really nice 1974 dimes that were so sharp and brilliant, I about cut my fingers open handling the few hundred edges. needless to say the best grade from those '74's was also MS66.

Sometimes I just don't get it.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Nick. I have a some 70 & 71 reverse of 68 variety coins but not sure it's worth sending them in for grading. Grading fees for variety's are high and demand is low, so why bother. I still have a lot of the coins left from my set, but again I don't want to give them away.
    Even the silver variety coins are not worth grading right now.
    That typo above... Was supposed to read 70 & 70D reverse of 68.
    Dan
  • Options

Dan

I need a 70P rev of 68 FS-901 and would pay handsomely for a mint state example.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I'll see what I can do Nick.
    Dan
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a beat on a 1969-P in PCGS MS66 from a forum member who is waiting for it to come back from PCGS (already graded) so I'm excited to by it/add it to my set.

In the meantime, there was a dude selling what looked to be higher grade raw dimes so I picked the best 69-P he had (which as some of you said in this thread looks AU at best), but it has so much undisturbed luster I can't image the areas that look like rub on the coin to be actual wear...who knows.

Anyhow, this is what the coin looks like (raw)... I will wait until I receive the MS66 from the forum member who I will be buying it from to compare to this raw one to see if it is worth sending this raw one in...or if you guys already know this raw coin is crap, just let me know and I'll save the $20 in grading fees (and the $7 I spent on the coin was worth the fun of looking for it/at it).

• Options
    That is actually a very decent looking 1969. That is what they look like in mint cellos with the hit on the hair. Unreal how many bag marks come fro mint set dimes from that era. If I were to grade it, I would give that an MS64, possibly an MS65 on a good day.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a great '69.

Nicely struck, fresh dies and a nice high luster. You'll look a very long time to find a nicer one.
    Tempus fugit.