Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #1

Comments

• Options
    MrDMrD Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭
    I am posting these pictures for rainbowroosie

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Greattoning! Thanks for getting me this coin and posting the photos.

Those of you who know me well know I've lamented for 20 years plus that I could never find a GREAT rainbow 61P. Well, here it is!! Best 61 I've seen by a wide margin. Newly made at PCGS and graded 67FB. You will soon see another newly made great Roosie coming from Onlyroosies.

Both coins came from a single monster set recently submitted as a whole. I will shamelessly add that Greattoning will be selling the others.

These photos are NOT juiced....the coin is a moose!

I am perhaps the most jaded Roosie color collector around, and I am very happy!imageimageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RainbowRoosie,

Love the new Roosie! It is purdy. I actually love the raised polished die lines on the reverse. Very nice rainbow colors. Looks like about 8 different colors or more.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Thanks Stooge,
    I'm thanking everyone tonight!
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. Now it will take 25 years to beat RR's toned collection!! image

Congrats RR!!

So, what date/mm are you looking to improve now or do you have a toned beauty in each slot now?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Wondercoin,
    Honestly, "the" hole has been filled. Now my worst coin ain't bad. I will slowly and methodically acquire the best I can as they become available. Sound like a strategy? image

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice 61P. RR's set is now complete. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. As new Roosies are
    discovered we will be there to snap them up. I picked up the 47S 68FB that was made from the same set. It will
    be placed in the "Almighty Dimes" collection. I should have it in hand by the end of next week.

Grant,

The best place to look for coins to add to your collection is right here on these boards. the PM function works
    really well.

Hey Dick,

When will the rest of those dimes be for sale and what venue will we find them at.
  • Options
    Not sure when the others will be for sale but this one I really like:

• Options
    Dick is showing off!
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must have been one heck of a set! Great addition!

Once I make some additions on other coin projects, maybe I'll get back to work on my own dime set now that RR's set is done!
  • Options
    That 46 is crazy, awesome coin
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Billy!!! Now, when you find a real 61 in MS68FT we'll really celebrate...image

Congrats bro.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Jim,
    I realize the 61 only has marginal eye appeal...I'll keep looking.image

At least it is a decent "filler coin" for the date...image
  • Options
    After looking at the coins in this thread, I am definitely changing course on my collection and going for a complete toned collection.
  • Options
    Grant can you be more specific. What grade range, Silver or clad or both, build a top 5 registry set or? Do you only want PCGS or is NGC ok.
  • Options
    As far a grade range going for at least MS66. Silver and clad both, in fact my first silver piece should be here in the next couple days. Trying for the best registry set I can. PCG/NGC doesn't matter.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>>PCG/NGC doesn't matter. <<<

NGC won't work here.image
  • Options
    Just picked this up from Greattoning on ebay.

[URL=http://s35.photobucket.com/user/gpage22/media/imagejpg1.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    Nice dime. Pretty purple hues.
  • Options
    You are on your way!! 😄
  • Options
    docgdocg Posts: 528 ✭✭
    Changing the subject. I am having a hard time finding several high grade (poss fb) clads (71d, 74d, 78, 79d, 86p, 87p, 90p, 90d, 95d, 98p, 98d, 99d). Anyone know of any for sale, or does anyone have duplicates?
    I also have a raw (MS63-64) 1943 DDO FS-101 for sale or trade

Barry
  • Options
    Barry,

You should be able to find a decent 99, but the rest are tougher to find in 66 or better, especially FB.
  • Options
    I just listed a few great silver Roosies on the BST board. You can view
    them Here
  • Options
    I just sold this one and it just made someone very happy!!!

• Options
    Beautiful
  • Options
    Almighty Dimes sets are open for viewing... No pics just grades
  • Options

<< <i>Almighty Dimes sets are open for viewing... No pics just grades >>

Almighty Dimes is the correct name for this set!!! This set is unreal on so many levels its not even in the same category as the rest of the sets. Nick, you really out did your self this time.

imageimage

Congrats on a mind blowing Hall of Fame set!

Paul

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    That ain't shabby....at all!

Impressive. image
  • Options
    Thanks Paul, Thanks for the Great comments.

I am just the caretaker of this phenomenal set. There are only 3 coins in this set from the JHF set that was auctioned off some years ago.
    The 51D, 54P and 01D. The “Almighty Dimes” set is #1 all time finest in all Roosevelt FB categories. Many of these dimes came from the
    Arthur L. Gowman Collection of finest known Roosevelt Dimes. This is my favorite set. It showcases a few more pop 1/0 dimes.

Onlyroosies
  • Options
    Great job Nick!
  • Options
    Nick. Congratulations on, once again, building yet another world class Roosevelt Dime set! You have a great eye for this series and your knowledge of the coins is amazing! I should have another coin or two to offer to you later this year and I hope I can get a few more coins represented in your wonderful collection! Great job Nick!!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stunning Nick!!! When it comes to Roosies, there are none better then Onlyroosies...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Amazing set.
  • Options
    Who needs a white 54S 67FB and 63D 67FB. PM me an offer.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    A 69-67FBimage
    A 70-66FBimage
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>A 69-67FBimage
    A 70-66FBimage >>

My thoughts exactly!!!

Just a random thought while I'm typing here...I continue to reflect back on the years of 2005-2010 which are the Satin Finish years. These are the new 1982-1983 years w/o regular Mint Sets. I don't understand why these years are not attracting more interest in collectors in all the denoms. as the only singular way to obtain any high grade specimens is to search countless rolls for these coins. Rolls which are becoming scarce with each passing year that goes by.

IMHO, I believe in 20+ years, you will be seeing collectors paying incredibly significant higher prices for any rolls of these 6 years.

Paul.

Edited for spelling...

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>1947D MS67FB Blast White great luster....SOLD

1951S MS67FB Great luster with very light golden rim toning....SOLD

All prices delivered with a 5 day return option.
    PM me if interested >>

I bought these 2 Roosie Dimes from Nick and they are stellar, so its safe to say I will not be exercising my rights to the 5 day return! Plus, as Nick has always been a super Generous individual, He sent me a beautifully toned 1947-S/S PCGS MS64 RPM FS-503 as a bonus coin free of charge.

Thanks Nick! Ur the best!!!

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul,
    Nice coins and as Nick said - I was surprised they did not get snapped up right away. Very PQ.

Ken
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments guys. Tell you what I'll do. I have all 3 of the 1948P MS66FB DDR FS-801 top pops.
    This is one of my favorite varieties. PCGS list this variety at $1000 on the price guide. First person to buy
    either the 46S, 47S or 53S I have listed on BST gets one for FREE. If you buy the 47S I have listed I'll also throw
    in an MS66FB 1946S FS-501 & FS-502.

Onlyroosies
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the comments guys. Tell you what I'll do. I have all 3 of the 1948P MS66FB DDR FS-801 top pops.
    This is one of my favorite varieties. PCGS list this variety at $1000 on the price guide. First person to buy
    either the 46S, 47S or 53S I have listed on BST gets one for FREE. If you buy the 47S I have listed I'll also throw
    in an MS66FB 1946S FS-501 & FS-502.

Onlyroosies >>

It has been almost 2 full days. Has anyone taken you up on this fantastic offer???

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Nope
  • Options
    LOL, tough crowd!
  • Options
    Things aren't so bad. Nick won't sell me a Roosie for more money than the last one just sold for at a major auction! image

Wondercoin
  • Options
    Anyone need a nice 58P? Got one available, but its in another company's holder(66*FT).
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's keep this Roosie post going image

• Options
    I noticed in the pop reports recently that someone popped a spectacular 1983-No/S PCGS PR70DCAM pop (1/0) Roosevelt Dime. Now I have always wondered whether or not PCGS would give this lofty grade to this "Error" seeing that the die had to be polished in a way to remove the MM. I would think that the "Error" itself would prevent that from allowing a perfect 70 score seeing it would have the planchet flaw. Anyway if someone here has access to the picture of it(Coinfacts subs.), I would love to see it.

Here are a couple of pictures to keep this thread going! The Quarter thread has dominated for too long!

imageimage

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Have any of you Silver Roosie collectors seen this thread over on the U.S. Coin forum? This Guy is cracking open I believe is 35 original 1959 Roosevelt Dime rolls that are quite nice and toned from very light to very heavy and everywhere in between. He shows pictures of each rolls and is documenting each accordingly.

I'm not sure if I would have ripped these rolls just to be ripping. Someone save these lovely rolls for over 50+ years to preserve them, not for some Dude to come along and destroy them one by one right after another.

JMHO...FWIW

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Several of them look like great coins.
  • Options
    Some of them are beautiful.