Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #1

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stooge. That 48-s (same coin) just sold at Heritage for about $392 including buyers fee if memory serves me right. So, as insane as the prices are, they are fetching even less in some cases at auction! It appears coins are possibly being "produced" faster than collectors in this series can absorb them. And, hence, lower prices. Perhaps Nick can illuminate us further on that possibility. Wondercoin.

Edited to add... I just read Nick's post above mine. I was the party that offered Nick close to 25% less on one of the dimes. A bit surprising that not a single other collector or dealer expressed interest on any of the coins actually!
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    It appears coins are possibly being "produced" faster than collectors in this series can absorb them.

I would like all Roosie collectors putting together a high grade set to please raise your hand (or chime in). ahhhhh Ok
    I count "Me" and maybe one or two other part timers. At one point last month I could have directed you to 8 PCGS
    MS68FB Silver Roosies for sale. I have no conformation that even 1 sold. 5 of the 8 that were for sale were newly
    slabed.
  • Options
    Mitch,

I'm not that surprised that no one else has shown interest. It's confirming my suspicion that there is no other interest.
    I purposely listed coins that the registry set collectors below me needed.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick. Is it your belief that dealers are simply pricing their dimes too high and once the coins come down to Earth interest will pick up sharply? Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll chime in. Prices I've seen for marginal 68 coins are ludicrous. Some dealers are trying to kill buyers with plastic. If the coin is fabulous, then we can talk. A pop top coin that is not visually stunning is not worth a mega premium price. I'm stupid about Roosies and I won't pay for plastic.
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll chime in:

I'm putting together a world class set of Roosie Dimes all Dates/MM's/Varieties/etc...but at what grades???

I can afford MS66+FB's and some MS67FB's, but the 3 MS68FB's that are on eBay for instance have been languishing on that site for months at eye gouging prices at $6,750 $7,500 & $8,000 w/o a change in pictures, price, sale price, or best offer. that is $22,000+ for 3 Dimes. I can't afford dropping that loot on 3 Dimes, and a lot of the collectors of this series cannot afford that either.

There are also 3 clad dimes I would love to get my hands on: 2 are a 1965 MS67FB, both with very nice golden colorful toning. One is at $2,100, and one at $1,500. I know that this is a semi-key date and a lot of mint set collectors go after these Dimes, but I picked up the 1966 & 1967 MS67FB's together for less then half the cost. There is also a 1968 MS67FB I would love to have. Again it is at $1,600+. I believe that these prices for the amount of collectors out there is way too high.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Paul,

There are 5 PCGS graded MS68FB silver Roosies on eBay right now with a total ask price of just shy of $40K. There are 2 MS67+FB
    silver Roosies with a combined ask price of over $8K. Another dealer has a 63D 67FB on eBay for $2400. I have one listed above for
    $800. I'm actually interested in a few of these but can't even make an offer when the ask price is way over moon money.

Onlyroosies image
  • Options
    Mitch,

I think interest will pick up when prices get down to earth. The problem is where is that number. I believe we have another
    30% - 50% down side (PCGS price guide) from here for most Roosies. You are still my only offer on the above listed coins. I also
    listed them on the BST board. I do this from time to time putting some dimes on the market to get a gauge of pricing. Based
    on interest Roosies still need to come down in price.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the problem with prices on these super high grade Rossies are two fold. First Roosies are basically modern coins and most collectors don't want to spend moon money on moderns. The collectors that will probably already have theirs. This has already be stated in the supply and demand replies.

Also, most collectors like myself will not pay 8K for a Roosie in MS68 that can be had for 20-30 bucks in 66 or 50-70 in 67. 66 and 67 Roosies are very nice and the extra cost to go 68 is prohibitive to most.

JMHO
  • Options
    winkywinky Posts: 1,671
    It is very prohibited to me to pay mega money for high end coins as I am retired and retarded and my wife would kill me if she knew!!!image
  • Options

<< <i>It is very prohibited to me to pay mega money for high end coins as I am retired and retarded and my wife would kill me if she knew!!!image >>

If you send me a PM Winky with your Name & address, I will send you something for your Dime collection.

Is this Your set???

1954 FS-801

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I will chime in for Roosies as I love them but the problem is that there are too many that can't be had so you never fill all those holes. I only collect Roosies and will not pay 68 money when the whole collection is only worth the money that one cost.

I also use Cascio approval and help him when possible. His collection and DIMEMAN's are incredible collection's. I will always be #3 on the registry which is fine as I am surprised I made it to that #.

Anyway maybe someday things will change and then I will be very happy. image
  • Options
    Winky,

You are only #3 on the registry because I haven't either started a set, or listed a set. imageimage

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I know that for a fact and actually I can't wait to see what you have !! When will we see your #3 set or maybe #2 ??? I have been paying attention to your letters and thoughts. image
  • Options
    Ken (Winky) is building a great Roosie set and is a true Roosie collector. He is responsible for 3 of my pop 1/0 varieties and I
    greatly appreciate his help with the "Almighty Dimes" variety set. If anyone has a coin he can use please offer to him. He truly
    loves his Roosies. image
  • Options

<< <i>Ken (Winky) is building a great Roosie set and is a true Roosie collector. He is responsible for 3 of my pop 1/0 varieties and I
    greatly appreciate his help with the "Almighty Dimes" variety set. If anyone has a coin he can use please offer to him. He truly
    loves his Roosies. image >>

This is exactly why I asked him for his 411.

He truly loves Roosies and it shows. I refuse to sell any of my Roosies unless someone has a very good reason for asking for me to do so, but I do not mind sending one to a passionate collector.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I would like to thank you and onlyroosies for your nice thoughts about me and my Roosies. You both are right as I do love all my Roosies.

Thanks again,
    Ken (winky)
  • Options
    Bump because someone just had to start their own Roosie string, just when we were getting in range of 500 posts!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options

<< <i>Bump because someone just had to start their own Roosie string, just when we were getting in range of 500 posts!image >>

I was asked to start another Roosie thread because eventually they do get a bit long, but as long as the topic is Roosies, I reall don't care which thread they are posted in. image

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Let this Thread go and stick to Thread #2
  • Options
    Majority rules. I don't want to get voted off Roosie Island. image