Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #1

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul....I'm anxious to see what 8 Roosies you have in for grading!image
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Jim,

Post some photos from your star set. I'm having Roosie withdrawal symptoms. >>

Sorry Billy, but I've been out of town and just returned. How about I post a few tomorrow evening. I just need a 63D in 67* and it's a "Seven Star" Set.

Anyone got a NGC MS67* or 67*FT out there?

Cheers brother,

Jim
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Hey everyone I'm finally able to start collecting again, and have this on the way from Greattoning

[URL=http://s35.photobucket.com/user/gpage22/media/imagejpg1-8.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s35.photobucket.com/user/gpage22/media/imagejpg2-1.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Paul....I'm anxious to see what 8 Roosies you have in for grading!image >>

My grades finally posted mid week, last week, and became active yesterday. I obviously need to re-introduce myself to coin grading, as these are Okay grades at best.

These are all PCGS Secure Holders w/pictures. All 8 of these Dimes are for sale, so if interested, please by all means, send me an PM or post here.

Order #20841524 / Submission #5054979
    Line # Item # Cert # PCGS No. CoinDate Denomination Variety Country Grade
    1 1 30677007 394925 2008-P 10C USA MS66
    2 1 30677008 524447 2014-P 10C USA MS66FB
    3 1 30677009 149521 2007-P 10C USA MS66FB
    4 1 30677010 149521 2007-P 10C USA MS67FB SOLD
    5 1 30677011 85213 2006-P 10C USA MS65+FB
    6 1 30677012 85214 2006-D 10C USA MS66FB
    7 1 30677013 85211 2005-P 10C USA MS65FB
    8 1 30677014 85173 1987-D 10C USA MS64FB
    Total Items: 8
    Date Received: 8/15/2014
    Date Shipped: N/A

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

I landed a new Silver Roosie for the "Almighty Dimes" set at Long Beach. I didn't get mine from a dealer or even
    a private collector. I got this new jewel straight from PCGS.

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Nick,
    Let's see the coin, you are teasing us.
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    The best part about making this coin is PCGS didn't photo it. It will not show up in coin facts. I like to keep
    my special coins private. If you want to see a pic I'll show it to you in a PM. But not on a public board.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    The 07-P 67FB is no average grade. At 9-0 that's a toe tapper there Paul. Of course a 1-0 pop 68FB would have been a dance around the desk grade. Hope to see that on your next sub. image
    Dan
  • Options
    As for you Nick, I believe all you have to do is snap your finger and a new 68FB coin is born. image
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>The 07-P 67FB is no average grade. At 9-0 that's a toe tapper there Paul. Of course a 1-0 pop 68FB would have been a dance around the desk grade. Hope to see that on your next sub. image >>

Thank you Dan!

It is my 4th 2007-P MS67FB Business strike Roosie. If I had made the 8FB, I would have done this dance: image

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    It's a dance I look forward to, and the balloons are on me.
    Dan
  • Options

<< <i>It's a dance I look forward to, and the balloons are on me. >>

I would pay to see you dance like this Dan: image

2015 product considerations from the Mint.

New product options being evaluated for the 2015 calendar year include March of Dimes silver dollar set options with and without special versions of the 2015 Roosevelt dime. Final designs for the silver dollar have not yet been publicly released. Designs recommended independently by the Commission of Fine Arts and Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee incorporate representations of President Franklin D. Roosevelt and renditions of the dime.

2015 products under consideration are:

Two-coin set containing a Proof 2015-W March of Dimes 90 percent silver dollar and a Proof 2015-W Roosevelt 90 percent silver dime, with informational booklet on March of Dimes, its history, and FDR’s own struggle with polio, estimated price of $60.
    Two-coin set, Proof 2015-W March of Dimes silver dollar, Reverse Proof 2015-P Roosevelt silver dime, booklet, $60.
    Three-coin set, Proof 2015-W March of Dimes silver dollar, Reverse Proof 2015-P Roosevelt silver dime, Proof 2015-W Roosevelt silver dime, booklet, $65.
    Single-coin set, Proof 2015-W March of Dimes silver dollar, with booklet, $55.

I know that some of you Roosie Guru's on here do not collect the "Proof" versions. I certainly do and no matter what, it is a shot in the arm for Roosies everywhere if the U.S. Mint issues anything different in this series. I for one would like to see them issue a circulating "S" Mint Dime like they do the N.P. Quarters, and would like to see another uncirculated "W" Dime issued in the Mint sets like in 1996. They should do that about every 10 years or so.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I hope they do a MS version of the 2015 March of Dimes......as I do not do any proofs.
  • Options
    Off the current topic, but does anyone have a 63D in NGC MS67*/MS67FT* available? Or, perhaps a stunning MS67 PCGS that could cross to 67*?

Sure could use one for my set...

Jim
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Lablover,

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but this is a 1963-D PCGS MS67 that I picked up from Kryptonitecomics back on March 2nd. I believe it has a shot at FB, and also has the DDO that is currently in the Cherry Pickers Guide for the 1963-P only.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but this is a 1963-D PCGS MS67 that I picked up from Kryptonitecomics back on March 2nd. >>

Paul,

I'm looking for NGC MS67*, MS67*FT or a PCGS coin in MS67 that has the strong potential to Star w/NGC. Toned of course...image
  • Options
    I'm bumping this so this string never leaves the first page. Also, Jim owes some photos!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    Bill,
    You never told us the grade of the 59 proof you bought.
  • Options

<< <i>Also, Jim owes some photos! >>

Ok, ok...here's a few fairly new ones:

1957 NGC MS67+*
    imageimage

1955-S PCGS MS67
    imageimage

1955-S NGC MS67+*
    imageimage
  • Options
    Oh, forgot to mention I'll not be around much (not that I'd be missed) over the next 6-8 months, we're relocating from Orlando to Ft. Walton Beach area. That's west of Panama City and Destin in the Florida Panhandle.

We acquired a older home on the bay that I'll be remodeling beginning in November. Finally, after all these years of working I'll retire on October 17th and will manage the remodel. It's where we decided to spend our retirement years...I have a brother near by to spend the day's boating with. So, there won't be much coin stuff going on in the near future.

Perhaps after all is completed...

Cheers,

Jim
  • Options
    Nick,
    The proof is a 67 star, but I'm crossing it at FUN to PCGS to match the others in my proof set. Proof coins usually look better in PCGS holders. You see the color better. ....

Jim,
    I like the bottom 55s, nice.
  • Options
    Lablover,

Best wishes on your future retirement. Hope your remodeling plans go or we will see you on D.I.Y.'s "Renovation Realities"
    Also I like the:

Obverse of the 1957 NGC MS67+*
    Reverse of the 1955-S PCGS MS67

Rainbowroosies,

Where can I see your Proof Dimes? I would love to see them...

Onlyroosies,

Hey man what are you hiding in those Roosie sets???

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Paul,

I have everything don't need anything except varieties. A couple dealers are making dimes but double/Triple the price
    when they find out I need it. I'm not a strong buyer. I make my own, except for varieties and I'm not willing to pay up for
    those either. Make me a pop 1/0 silver variety that I need and I'll pay $400 for it. Make me a pop 1/0 that upgrades
    me and I'll pay $300. make me a 1950P or 1952D 67+FB and I'll pay $800. make me a 1946D, 1948D or 1950D 68FB
    and I'll pay $3500. The only way I'll pay above those numbers is if I think the coin can upgrade.

Onlyroosies image
  • Options
    Nick, that is one heck of a set you are building there! image
  • Options
    Nick's set is monsterous. Amazing grades. No one will top it.

Paul,
    Check set on NGC registry. It is number 62 in the 1950-64 proof sets. So so photos, but you get the hint. It does not show pictures of four really fabulous upgrades including the amazing 61 Jim got for me. I also have the same years in proof quarters which is far more impressive. Are you going to FUN? I will likely bring the quarter set to show off. No brag, but it is the finest toned set in existence likely by a WIDE margin....oops, I guess that was a brag. image
  • Options

<< <i>It does not show pictures of four really fabulous upgrades including the amazing 61 Jim got for me. >>

• Options
    Jim,
    Yes, that one!image
  • Options
    WOW!!! Some coins once seen, can't be unseen. Don't think I'll ever forget seeing this one.
    Dan
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A-flipping-mazing coin!!!!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MrDMrD Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭
    Rainbowroosie was at the Smithsonian on Sunday. The Director offered to trade him three varieties (pictured below) for his Roosie set. Billy politely refused, telling the Director "Probably good value, but I don't do varieties."

• Options
    That 61 looks so delicious for a PR65 grade. image
    Dan
  • Options
    I picked up the most unbelievable 1948-D MS66+FB #26524897 on eBay from kryptonitecomics, whom I think has the most incredible toned coins on eBay. The mottling on the obverse is truly spectacular, and the reverse is radiant with about 2 dozen colors. I'm very thrilled with this Roosie if you hadn't noticed.

I have bought several coins from kryptonitecomics, and probably will buy more. Here are pictures that he took. They are stellar!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Great looking 48D Paul. I picked up 5 of the others from his auction. This last batch of Roosies he had listed was a special
    little group.

Nick
  • Options
    With all his commissions from Roosie sales, Shane should step up with the wine at the FUN Show!image
  • Options

<< <i>Great looking 48D Paul. I picked up 5 of the others from his auction. This last batch of Roosies he had listed was a special
    little group.

Nick >>

Let me say first of all...thanks for letting me purchase this one then! imageimage Also did you notice that he has an old friend of yours...1952-D PCGS MS67FB A very beautiful looking friend I might add. Look familiar Nick?:

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Yes, I saw that and I'm a bidder.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, I saw that and I'm a bidder. >>

Good luck with the auction then Nick!

I will then use a well learned lesson from Wondercoin and make no further comments on this coin until the auction is over.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I will then use a well learned lesson from Wondercoin and make no further comments on this coin until the auction is over."

It's too late ... the cat is out of the bag. Talk as much as you want! LOL

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Yep, Mitch is right. anyway my max bid of $75 has been passed. I'm out
  • Options

<< <i>Yep, Mitch is right. anyway my max bid of $75 has been passed. I'm out >>

Max bid of $75 image

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Very nice 48-D Paul.....Shawn has some beautiful coins and great pics.....so you know what you are getting.image
  • Options
    I see Vito's and plenty of win in out future Bill image
  • Options
    Shane,
    FUN partying for Roosie nuts begins Wednesday evening. Probably will have our big feast at Capital Grille on Thursday. Break out all those vintage wines you have stashed away, we are counting on you.image

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I will see what I can do...most of the good stuff left is French Grand Cru Class Bordeaux wine but I might have a few bottles of Cab stashed away.
  • Options
    When I was at Vito's, we killed a couple bottles of Cakebread Chardonnay.

My steak was juicy and tender, butterflied with Gorgonzola cheese. Best dinner I have ever had.

Company wasn't too bed either. image

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Paul, that was a great time. Last year we boycotted Vito's and moved our money to Capital Grill. After all the thousands of dollars we've spent at Vito's over the years the treatment we got the last 2 years was very poor.
  • Options

<< <i>Last year we boycotted Vito's and moved our money to Capital Grill. After all the thousands of dollars we've spent at Vito's over the years the treatment we got the last 2 years was very poor. >>

I'll have to give up the center cut filet and that BIG seafood tray? Say it ain't so...

Hopefully, I'll be able to make the show.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick. I thought you were not in Orlando this past January, 2014? We're you there and I missed you?

Didn't we have dinner at Vito's in January, 2013. I believe I was with Lauren.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    As for the big seafood tray, that's why we were so pissed. They wouldn't make it for us. Then steaks and service were subpar.

• Options
    I remember that 3 tier seafood tray. The shrimp on the top layer were like lobster size. I have a bigmouth and they were at least 3 biters!

Nick,

I will never forget those good times, and always look forward to the future ones. Thank you for picking up the tab! You were certainly gracious.

Later, Paul.