Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help!! Trolls have taken over my thread! Two Topps Ryan rookies for whomever can get rid of them!

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I give a fuzzy rats what you think about me. This is the last post I am putting on this thread. I am NOT showing you an invoice. It has personal info on there that NONE OF YOU have any business seeing. Why don't you just ask me for my bank account and social security number? Some of you really need to take a step back and look into the mirror. The invoice also has the name of Joe Orlandos personal assistant on it. I am not putting anyone elses info at risk. Some of you people really need to get a life. I am through with this thread.
  • Options

<< <i>I am NOT showing you an invoice. It has personal info on there that NONE OF YOU have any business seeing. Why don't you just ask me for my bank account and social security number? Some of you really need to take a step back and look into the mirror. The invoice also has the name of Joe Orlandos personal assistant on it. I am not putting anyone elses info at risk. >>

If only there was a way to post a document while blacking out certain parts of it!
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Lots of great info. Goading Bobby any further would probably lead to this thread getting locked.

Let's just give in to the facts that have been presented and leave the name calling, denial and deflection for those that are better (or at least more experienced) at it.

• Options
    Lets not take away from the real issues here - forget the fact that Bobby didn't contact the seller. Maybe he was just embarrassed. I know I would be but it still doesn't make him a bad person. He was probably just trying to calm the masses from attacking him. Remember, he didn't make the label, PSA did.

The good news -
    1 - The card will not be going to another seller who can possibly pass it off as a MB in the future
    2 - Many of us were educated on what to look for on these cards.

Continuous trolling or attacking on another member will not solve anything. Theres no reason to attack one of our own. Lets all try to be the bigger person and just move on. I'm sure everyone saw that viral video of the woman being bullied on the bus and those kids who just destroyed her - Lets not be those kids. Lets just move forward in a positive manner. Don't fall into the temptation of bashing because the poster above you did it. Enough abuse has gone on here and for far too long. I joined this thread to be apart of a community that I could share card stories with and educate myself. Not this. Please, lets move on.

Thank you
    Marc
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I agree with him ^
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I never did find out what Bobby used to wipe off the WD40.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I didn't bother reading the whole thread, because I watch enough General Hospital during the week. However, did anyone mention that this is not a Milton Bradley card? I mean, it obviously has Koosman and some other guy on the card. Milton Bradley? He's black...geez!!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>I never did find out what Bobby used to wipe off the WD40. >>

certainly not a crying towel.
  • Options

<< <i>Lets not take away from the real issues here - forget the fact that Bobby didn't contact the seller. Maybe he was just embarrassed. I know I would be but it still doesn't make him a bad person. He was probably just trying to calm the masses from attacking him. Remember, he didn't make the label, PSA did.

The good news -
    1 - The card will not be going to another seller who can possibly pass it off as a MB in the future
    2 - Many of us were educated on what to look for on these cards.

Continuous trolling or attacking on another member will not solve anything. Theres no reason to attack one of our own. Lets all try to be the bigger person and just move on. I'm sure everyone saw that viral video of the woman being bullied on the bus and those kids who just destroyed her - Lets not be those kids. Lets just move forward in a positive manner. Don't fall into the temptation of bashing because the poster above you did it. Enough abuse has gone on here and for far too long. I joined this thread to be apart of a community that I could share card stories with and educate myself. Not this. Please, lets move on.

Thank you
    Marc >>

Said better than I could... Agree 100% But I think the best part is this

<< <i>Don't fall into the temptation of bashing because the poster above you did it. >>

I know I am guilty of this and for now on will make a point to remember not to jump on that bandwagon.
  • Options

<< <i>I never did find out what Bobby used to wipe off the WD40. >>

That's actually kinda funny.
  • Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    1968 Topps Milton Bradley Nolan Ryans

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

I believe I have a good opinion on the Topps Milton Bradley cards. The Nolan Ryan can be found with a white border three different places. If the white border is to the right side of the card, the Nolan Ryan side, it is definitely a Milton Bradley card. The white border can also appear on the left side, and at the top of the card. While these may be Milton Bradley's they can also be the regular 1968 Topps issue. The color of the back will tell which is which. The white border may appear because the card is on the edge of the sheet and also the bottom of the sheet.

I hope this helps clear up the controversy concerning the Milton Bradley Nolan Ryan
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Big Red. I see you have the 1968 Topps 3 and single finger variations image
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Update 9/12/12: As of Monday there were 313 PSA Graded Milton Bradley cards, but as of today there are only 312. Any guesses as to which card # now has a lower pop? Card number 177 Nolan Ryan RC used to have a population of 36, but now has a pop of 35 and there used to be six PSA 5's, but now there are only five. A PSA 7MC qualifies as a PSA 5. It appears that this could be the returned card to PSA. PSA may have pulled it from the pop while it's under review(doubtful they would do that) or maybe they determined it wasn't a Milton Bradley card, or maybe there is another reason. Also, I have subbed numerous M.B. cards that have not been graded and are labeled "Miscut". I called PSA once for an explanation because there are cards out there with the "MC" qualifier. I honestly didn't understand the explanation. Maybe PSA will not grade the returned card and give a refund of value back because of their prior mistake. It does seem possible, although it would be unusual for PSA to review the card that quickly since it was just recently returned. Any thoughts?
    Mystery Card Shopper
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think they would pull a Qual card. This thread might have shown others they have a mis labled card and someone else might have sent one in. Just a thought.
    But I would think they would pull the qual card and not a 5 grade??
  • Options
    They have a listing for qualifiers....they would pull that.
  • Options
    I was wrong in my previous post when I said a PSA 7 with a qualifier = a PSA 5. I was thinking about PSA set registry weighting, where that is the case...
    Mystery Card Shopper
  • Options
    crickets?? image
  • Options
    The thread was about stickers damaging a case and then this turned out against a personal attack against me. This board has really gone downhill. I am still waiting on an apology from NUMEROUS board members here, I don't care how the card turned out. At least I had the balls to send the card back to PSA, which is more than I can say for 90% of you......
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The thread was about stickers damaging a case and then this turned out against a personal attack against me. This board has really gone downhill. I am still waiting on an apology from NUMEROUS board members here, I don't care how the card turned out. At least I had the balls to send the card back to PSA, which is more than I can say for 90% of you...... >>

But can you say you were wrong? That's the only point most of us were trying to make. No apologies for pointing out how stubborn you were about ignoring all of the facts presented even though you claimed you were the expert. And after some of the comments you made to others that provided solid, factual evidence, you have the gall to expect an apology? Amazing!!!
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>crickets?? image >>

Down goes Frazier..Down goes Frazierimage
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

I don't care how the card turned out.

I would be willing to bet my Ryan rc.(not MB)that this would not be the case had Psa mislabeled again.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never get involved in the flame wars but I followed this from start to finish when it was happening.

The argument was made that the card was not a Milton Bradley version and it was mislabeled by PSA.

Bobby you disputed this claim in every way possible and decided to send it in to get the second opinion from PSA.

If the grade that was posted today is your's then clearly KbKards and others who showed a great amount of evidence were indeed accurate.

• Options

<< <i>The thread was about stickers damaging a case and then this turned out against a personal attack against me. This board has really gone downhill. I am still waiting on an apology from NUMEROUS board members here, I don't care how the card turned out. At least I had the balls to send the card back to PSA, which is more than I can say for 90% of you...... >>

Bobby you did have the balls to send it back and for that I think you are stand up!
  • Options
    Yes, they got it right....however, I in no way deserved the attacks that were made against me. This board is full of hypocrits. They have no qualms about buying a PSA 6 and then cracking it out and getting a PSA 8. However, when I submit a card that I believe in my heart is a Milton Bradley card and PSA grades it as such, who am I to beleive? This first grader who agreed with me or the 2nd grader who didn't?? Same as the crackout people....do you believe the grader who graded a card a '6' or the one who graded it an '8'??
  • Options

<< <i>when I submit a card that I believe in my heart is a Milton Bradley card and PSA grades it as such, who am I to beleive? This first grader who agreed with me or the 2nd grader who didn't?? >>

Unbelievable. Did you read this thread?
  • Options
    I am making a point. Please read what I wrote again.
  • Options
    Do you think PSA labeled this card correctly??

• Options
    Bobby I think you made the right move sending the card back as many hobby experts clearly determined it was indeed mislabeled and a few on this board are the most knowledgeable collectors in the business.

If I were you I would retract that last statement. The experts who told you so were adamant about it and gave you many reasons as to why they felt that way and those turned out to be accurate.

You should simply say you guys were right and on the second attempt PSA agreed with you and I am moving on.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bobby, getting a grade bump on a crackout (or review) has nothing to do with a mechanical error and/or receiving a card that was misattributed. That analogy is misguided.

You continue to be your own worst enemy, imo.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    You're all a bunch of jacklegs. Leave bobby alone.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

So you did the right thing and had a wrong righted and you want us to apologize to you for calling you out with a 300 post thread where you refused to believe anyone knew more than you about this card? Geez......when you get too much change from the cashier at McDonalds do you go back to her and point out her mistake and demand an apology from her for making you feel stupid for giving incorrect change? Or do you just keep walking away and hope nobody notices as you profit from someone else's mistake? You were trying to profit from a mistake at someone else's expense and hoped nobody would call you out and you KNEW IT. Now you want us to apologize for pointing out how wrong you are? You must have stones of brass for even assuming that was going to happen.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    My picks for thread of the year 2012:

GOLD: Pay It Forward

SILVER: this one

BRONZE: not sure
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I believe the apology he is looking for is in regards to the Michael Jordan card, not the card in this thread. It's clear the experience eight months ago continues to stick in his craw.

Bobby, instead of lashing out at your so-called detractors, a better tact might have been, "You know, I really thought this was a Milton Bradley card, but it turns out that both I and the graders at PSA were wrong. I learned a lot about what to look for in a Milton Bradley card, for which I'm thankful." Instead, you continued to defend the indefensible and petulantly lashed out at those who clearly knew what they were talking about. Yes, you took a beating, and yes, you've taken a LOT of previous beatings. My response to that is this: read closely what Tim (grote) said. I regard Tim as one of the most level-headed and respected members here - he's not one to jump in with personal attacks and when he speaks, he's got something worthwhile to say. What he wrote hit the nail on the head.

You've got a lot of knowledge, but the way you present that knowledge and how you defend yourself when wrong creates crapstorms that really could have been avoided.

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bobby, getting a grade bump on a crackout (or review) has nothing to do with a mechanical error and/or receiving a card that was misattributed. That analogy is misguided.

You continue to be your own worst enemy, imo. >>

Well said.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Well, even though the thread bounced around some, I did learn some interesting stuff about MBs, so am glad it it played out
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, even though the thread bounced around some, I did learn some interesting stuff about MBs, so am glad it it played out >>

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you think PSA labeled this card correctly??

image >>

What's wrong with the label? If you go to the non-sport set registry, you will see that there is a master set for these cards (1940-45 Mutoscopes Hot 'Cha Girls) that has a variation with the "Up To Par" between her feet.

You must be complaining about the grade it came back with then...

Don't you remember that it received the same grade from SGC when you subbed it with them 2 years ago??? SGC Mutoscope sub

1 1940-45 Mutoscope UP TO PAR Hotcha Girls 80
    2 1940-45 Mutoscope TWO LIP TIME Hotcha Girls 50
    3 1940-45 Mutoscope SWEET AND SLOW Hotcha Girls 80
    4 1940-45 Mutoscope STOP, LOOK AND KISS 'EM Hotcha Girls 50
    5 1940-45 Mutoscope START THE BALL ROLLING Hotcha Girls 70
    6 1940-45 Mutoscope YOU'RE THE TOP Hotcha Girls 60
    7 1940-45 Mutoscope YES MY DIALING DAUGHTER Hotcha Girls 80
    8 1940-45 Mutoscope WRINGING THE BELLE Hotcha Girls 70
    9 1940-45 Mutoscope WIDE OPEN SPACES Hotcha Girls 60
    10 1940-45 Mutoscope WATCH THIS ONE Hotcha Girls 84
    11 1940-45 Mutoscope SHY AND RETIRING Hotcha Girls 70
    12 1940-45 Mutoscope SHEER NONSENSE Hotcha Girls 70
    13 1940-45 Mutoscope SHAPE AHOY Hotcha Girls 60
    14 1940-45 Mutoscope SCOOPING THE BEACH Hotcha Girls 60
    15 1940-45 Mutoscope SAFETY FIRST Hotcha Girls 80
    16 1940-45 Mutoscope RED HOT AND BLUE Hotcha Girls 60
    17 1940-45 Mutoscope SPECIAL EXTRA Hotcha Girls 60
    18 1940-45 Mutoscope SOX APPEAL Hotcha Girls 50
    19 1940-45 Mutoscope SOUTHERN EXPOSURE Hotcha Girls 84
    20 1940-45 Mutoscope SOME BABY Hotcha Girls 80
    21 1940-45 Mutoscope SOFT SHOULDERS Hotcha Girls 60
    22 1940-45 Mutoscope SLIPPING ONE OVER Hotcha Girls 60
    23 1940-45 Mutoscope ON TOP OF THE WORLD Hotcha Girls 80
    24 1940-45 Mutoscope NOT SO DUSTY Hotcha Girls 60
    25 1940-45 Mutoscope NICE TO HOOK UP WITH Hotcha Girls 60
    26 1940-45 Mutoscope NEVER TOO YOUNG TO YEARN Hotcha Girls 40
    27 1940-45 Mutoscope MOTION BEFORE THE HOUSE Hotcha Girls 60
    28 1940-45 Mutoscope MAID TO ORDER Hotcha Girls 60
    29 1940-45 Mutoscope PROFIT AND LASS Hotcha Girls 80
    30 1940-45 Mutoscope PRETTY FOXY Hotcha Girls 50
    31 1940-45 Mutoscope PRETTY DUCKY Hotcha Girls 60
    32 1940-45 Mutoscope OUT IN FRONT Hotcha Girls 80
    33 1940-45 Mutoscope OPEN SEASON Hotcha Girls 86
    34 1940-45 Mutoscope ONE FOR THE MONEY Hotcha Girls 84
    35 1940-45 Mutoscope HARD TO BEAT Hotcha Girls 50
    36 1940-45 Mutoscope HAPPY LANDING Hotcha Girls 60
    37 1940-45 Mutoscope GRIN AND BEAR IT Hotcha Girls 84
    38 1940-45 Mutoscope GOOD FROM ANY ANGL Hotcha Girls 60
    39 1940-45 Mutoscope FREE AND SQUEEZY Hotcha Girls 80
    40 1940-45 Mutoscope FOOT LOOSE AND FANCY FREE Hotcha Girls 84
    41 1940-45 Mutoscope IT'S A GIFT Hotcha Girls 60
    42 1940-45 Mutoscope IN THE PINK Hotcha Girls 84
    43 1940-45 Mutoscope HOLDING HER OWN Hotcha Girls 60
    44 1940-45 Mutoscope HOLD TIGHT Hotcha Girls 50
    45 1940-45 Mutoscope HOLD EVERYTHING Hotcha Girls 80
    46 1940-45 Mutoscope HIGH BLOND PRESSURE Hotcha Girls 50
    47 1940-45 Mutoscope BLUE MONDAY Hotcha Girls 80
    48 1940-45 Mutoscope BEACH COMBER Hotcha Girls 50
    49 1940-45 Mutoscope BACK TO NATURE Hotcha Girls 60
    50 1940-45 Mutoscope AIMING TO PLEASE Hotcha Girls 60
    51 1940-45 Mutoscope A SIGHT TO SEA Hotcha Girls 60
    52 1940-45 Mutoscope A POPULAR NUMBER Hotcha Girls 60
    53 1940-45 Mutoscope FISHERMAN'S LUCK Hotcha Girls 40
    54 1940-45 Mutoscope FIGURES DON'T LIE Hotcha Girls 50
    55 1940-45 Mutoscope A PAIR OF PEACHES Hotcha Girls 50
    56 1940-45 Mutoscope A NEAT PACKAGE Hotcha Girls 60
    57 1940-45 Mutoscope A MISS IS AS GOOD AS HER SMILE Hotcha Girls 60
    58 1940-45 Mutoscope EASY TO TAKE Hotcha Girls 50
    59 1940-45 Mutoscope EASY ON THE EYES Hotcha Girls 60
    60 1940-45 Mutoscope COMING OUT ON TOP Hotcha Girls 40
    61 1940-45 Mutoscope CALLED IN THE DRAFT Hotcha Girls 60
    62 1940-45 Mutoscope A CLOTHES CALL Hotcha Girls 84
    63 1940-45 Mutoscope A LITTLE BACKWARD Hotcha Girls 80
    64 1940-45 Mutoscope MY DIVER'S LICENSE? Hotcha Girls 84

Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    The grade is not the issue. The issue was that is is NOT the 'between the feet' version. It is the more rare, 'touching left shoe' version......
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    Do you always try to make a point by comparing things that are not even remotely similar? Mechanical issues with PSA slabs happen all the time however it is pretty rare when the person owning said mechanical error ignores and mocks those that bring to light the error. You were unequivocally wrong on your Milton Bradley assessment of the Ryan in this thread. Perhaps you should apologize to all those in this thread that you insulted and mocked for pointing out that you didn't actually know as much as you thought.

In the end there was nothing wrong with believing the card was a Milton Bradley but when you decided to completely ignore the facts presented as to why your belief was wrong it showed that you lack the intellectual discipline to re-evaluate your beliefs. Additionally you cared more about the messenger than the message as your initial response to KBKards showed. Fortunately it did make for an entertaining and informative thread which is about all you can ask for from an internet message board.

Robb
  • Options
    TTT
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

<< <i>send it back for reholdering and tell them not to put that crap on your holders. >>

+1Text
  • Options
    They see me trollin. They hatin. Patrollin, tryna catch me trollin dirty.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I think he means 100 different answers from his. Those 100 would all be in agreement, but in Bobby's eyes everyone else is wrong and he's right.
    Consistently the dimmest bulb on 2 boards.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>They see me trollin. They hatin. Patrollin, tryna catch me trollin dirty. >>

Very nice! LOL
  • Options

<< <i>I think he means 100 different answers from his. Those 100 would all be in agreement, but in Bobby's eyes everyone else is wrong and he's right. >>

Look who is talking....I thought we were friends? Or are you just mad because I don't sell you cards for under VCP anymore?
  • Options
    Don't worry Griffins. I will give you the two Topps Nolan Ryan rookie cards. PM me your address.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Bobby - nice cards, how many do you have?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    In general or Topps Nolan Ryan rookie cards?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't worry Griffins. I will give you the two Topps Nolan Ryan rookie cards. PM me your address. >>

Hiya Bobby

If ya got one to spare - lower grade - how about putting it up for auction this weekend to help out a board member - I attest to the fact that this is a "true" need. image
    Mike
  • Options
    I do.....would you want the proper flip on it? I think they are mislabeled.