Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help!! Trolls have taken over my thread! Two Topps Ryan rookies for whomever can get rid of them!

Comments

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i> But you still dont seem to want to accept you are wrong with all the facts given about the white line issue on your card. >>

I get off at 6:00.....if you want to play that game, we can play it then.....
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill let off. Just trying to understand your view on this card. I know your card has white on it but you have to agree that its different than most of the other miltons. You dont have to answer just cant see how you are seeing this card.
    Take care
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this card got the Willie Mays treatment......I am just curious how many times Bobby subbed this before getting the MB designation?
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Under......100% certainty.

PSA 8 (OC) sold for $450. PSA 5 sold for $400. There isn't much of a premium from the MB to the regular. Plus people have an aversion to cards with qualifiers, and there is no denying that the card is extremely OC. >>

J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know nothing about this card but I do have one question. Isn't tarheeltreasurehunt Bobby's EBAY name?

I see the one listed from 2009 was sold by that EBAY seller.

• KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see your pictures Bobby. Remember to stock to the point.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>and there is no denying that the card is extremely OC. >>

Which would do what to the adjacent football card, Bobby?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Now, it wouldn't make a difference if the sheet had the same cards. You know, same design and stuff...

But that's not the case here, because it's a football card with a white border, so.......
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
    This card was one sub....I don't have to explain anything to any of you people....I never got an apology from ANY OF YOU from that Michael Jordan card that PSA STOOD BEHIND THEIR GRADING and that I had my money tied up for months on end whilst I sent the card away under their grade gurantee....all I heard was crickets.....
    For those that don't remember, I had a Michael Jordan rookie card that I won from ML. Certain members on here boo-hooed...."Oh...that card CAN'T be a PSA 8 - it looks too bad to be a PSA 8" "You shouldn't sell that card". So, just to appease the masses, I sent the card in to PSA under their GRADE GUARANTEE....tied my money up for months......after the smoke had cleared, PSA stood behind their grade. Not one person on here apologized to me for publically attacking me. So you can stick it where the sun don't shine.
    So this is how you get back at them? This only hurts the buyer not PSA. Not sure what a jordan has to do with this card. You are very hard to follow on your thinking. Feel free to PM me as Im really unsure your take on this.
    But you want to play....so let's play......

Card #1

Milton Bradley rookie....yea or nay?? I don't see the white line....
    I want to play with my question I guess. Could you show examples with similar centering as the one you are selling? I am curious to how the white line looks on an origianl milton card centered 100-0.
    Card #2.......MB Rookie....yea or nay....

Once again....the absence of a white line...

I am not going to answer any questions.....I am trying to prove a point....
    100-0 like yours please
    Another one...kinda OC like mine.....geez that line is awful thin......

Not the same. 100-0 like yours would be nice on the same side. Also That line isnt thin its very clear and solid. Not splotchy like a print dot error.
    lol...handyman.,...you take the cake.....a thin solid line? That thing is so thin, it doesn't look like it's there on the top right!!!

I'm trying to prove a point.....if those cards didn't prove it, I can dig up some more....

• << <i>Card #2.......MB Rookie....yea or nay....

Once again....the absence of a white line...

I am not going to answer any questions.....I am trying to prove a point.... >>

I don't understand your point. This card is centered well enough, so there is no white line. Had all MB cards been perfectly cut, none of them would have white lines.
    its centered better than yours . A more oc card should have a thicker line then correct? Well what does that say about your thin half splotchy line?

PLEASE PLEASE DIG UP A CARD THAT IS LIKE YOURS!!! O MIS CUT CARD LIKE THAT SHOULD HAVE A LARGE WHITE LINE!!!!

<< <i>I don't understand your point. This card is centered well enough, so there is no white line. Had all MB cards been perfectly cut, none of them would have white lines. >>

Every Milton Bradley card should have a white line, no matter HOW it is centered.....
    not true
    Is this what you think makes a Milton?
    1968 Topps with extra white print
    Notice the white line on the left on the PSA 3.......nicely centered card...check......white line....check

Now...here...7.5.....sold for big money this past March...

Centering looks almost identical to the one above it.......not really sure where the line is on the 7.5....I am guessing on the left??
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    My regular --top left-- and MB. I also believe the Cox and Brinkman variations listed for the regular 68 set are just MB cards . I managed to finish the MB set this year

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
    Here is another one.....I have never seen the white line on the top, but ok??? I thought the line was only on the left and right......yea or nay?

100-0 like yours please. How big will the line be on a 100-0 Milton?
    Not a 60-40 card with a slim line. A 100-0 Will be much larger?
    Please coment on this idea if you understand the question?
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>not true
    1968 Topps with extra white print >>

That's Bobby's card if it were cut further to the left. Same print mark.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

<< <i>That's Bobby's card if it were cut further to the left. Same print mark. >>

lol....uhhh....no...not even close? That card has a print mark on the left....my card does not.
    OHH!! You're right bobby!
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    David, tarheeltreasurehunt is Lee CDNUTS I believe.

Bobby the issue wasn't the cards grade (Jordan) it was the fact that
    your buyer was unhappy with it. He wanted a refund, you did not want to give one.
    Also, if I remember correctly the issue with that was that the problem was on the reverse
    something you neglected to tell him, nor show with a scan. But if it makes you feel better
    I'm sorry.

Good for you.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>not true
    1968 Topps with extra white print >>

That's Bobby's card if it were cut further to the left. Same print mark. >>

bingo! Game, set, match. I've never handled one before, but I've learned enough in this thread that I feel I can now tell a '68 MB Ryan at a glance, and I wouldn't have known one from another a day ago.

Bobby, you continue to dig your heels in when it's apparent that you're wrong on this one (I retract my earlier statement about you being right). Every MB Ryan/Koosman that I've looked at since reading this thread has a definitive white border somewhere, whether it be on the right, left or top. Yours, however, does NOT have a definitive white line. It has a line the separates one '68 Topps from another '68 Topps - that line is clearly seen in card that handyman linked.

Once again...I defer to this card....the card is almost MC, it has no left border...exactly where is the line?

<< <i>Every MB Ryan/Koosman that I've looked at since reading this thread has a definitive white border somewhere, whether it be on the right, left or top. >>

Once AGAIN....I could have swore I put scans up of slabbed MB Ryans with no border....do I need to put those up again??
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭
    I love the deflection thinking he is fooling people with very unsimilar centered cards for examples. Carry on Bobby.....

And as far as (more) whining about the MJ, if you dont care about what people think, why are you so hung up trying to prove yourself on this ryan?
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>For those that don't remember, I had a Michael Jordan rookie card that I won from ML. Certain members on here boo-hooed...."Oh...that card CAN'T be a PSA 8 - it looks too bad to be a PSA 8" "You shouldn't sell that card". So, just to appease the masses, I sent the card in to PSA under their GRADE GUARANTEE....tied my money up for months......after the smoke had cleared, PSA stood behind their grade. Not one person on here apologized to me for publically attacking me. So you can stick it where the sun don't shine. >>

My recollection is that board members were upset that you initially balked at the idea of issuing a refund. I don't think anyone told you that you shouldn't sell the card.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I used Bobby's card as the background. The two black boxes are bits of two of the MB cards that Bobby posted that I Photoshopped into the picture for comparason, scaled to match the size of Bobby's card.

You can see the MB white line in the two boxes, vs the white line on the background card. Very different.

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
    The white border will have varying degrees of thickness....some thick.....some thin,......this is one I sold way back in 2009........

Thanks, that's a good clear picture. I've added it to my graphic.

In all 3 of those MB cards, the white border is in the same place, whether it shows on the card or not. While the white "edge" may vary in size, the size of the "burlap" border is fixed.

• << <i>David, tarheeltreasurehunt is Lee CDNUTS I believe. >>

tarheeltreasurehunt isn't Lee. I think Bobby has two selling accounts, and tarheeltreasure hunt is one of them.

(Note that I am not certain that it's Bobby's second account. But I know it isn't Lee.)
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
    let's try some scans larger, shall we? By the way, that EX 5 you dragged out has a clear white line on the Ryan side of the card. Don't pretend you don't see it.

stolen from the SGC board - clear white line on the Ryan side (not vague & splotchy like yours)

I think I have proved my point. I have shown various scans of the MB card with various degrees of thickness of the white line. I have shown cards labeled MB's that didn't even have a white line anywhere on the card. I even posted a scan of a white line on a side that isn't even supposed to have a white line!! lol..... My card has the right colored back, and the presence of a white line. All the scans show that there is not a cut and dry answer to the MB question and I hope we all got a good education. Thank you.

PS - ONCE AGAIN (geez....this is starting to sound like a broken record, but certain members keep overlooking it), I will refer you to THIS card.....

This is NOT a thick line....I know everyone would prefer to see a thick line, but the MB cards have lines of varying degrees of thickness....geez....
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Walter I stand corrected.

See how easy that was Bobby?

Good for you.

<< <i>I think I have proved my point. I have shown various scans of the MB card with various degrees of thickness of the white line. >>

The size of the white line is meaningless. The placement of the white line is everything.

digicat...if you move that card to the right....that line moves to the right.......lol
    I hope I never get rear ended by you in a car as Im sure it will be my fault somehow.

• BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I hope I never get rear ended by you in a car as Im sure it will be my fault somehow. >>

Beats getting rear-ended by him in a card deal.

<< <i>digicat...if you move that card to the right....that line moves to the right.......lol >>

What, like this?

Doesn't match up with internal card border.

<< <i>

<< <i>I think I have proved my point. I have shown various scans of the MB card with various degrees of thickness of the white line. >>

The size of the white line is meaningless. The placement of the white line is everything.

image >>

Rich, it took me a minute to figure out what you were getting at, but I've got it now. You make a very good point. Regardless of how thick the white line is on any one card, it will be a set amount of burlap on the inside of it. Makes total sense, and is one more nail in the coffin of Bobby's card. His alleged white line has too much burlap inside of it.

I can't believe this thread is almost 200 posts, and all for a card that Bobby says doesn't even carry a premium if it's identified as a MB.
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>David, tarheeltreasurehunt is Lee CDNUTS I believe. >>

tarheeltreasurehunt isn't Lee. I think Bobby has two selling accounts, and tarheeltreasure hunt is one of them.

(Note that I am not certain that it's Bobby's second account. But I know it isn't Lee.) >>

Lee's account.