Home U.S. Coin Forum

2009 lincoln formative / Lp2 mint boxes / proof sets / doubled die errors

Comments

• not bank roll vs bank box it is bank roll vs mint roll
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    OK, you are right, but there still is no difference as to where a 68 might pop up.
    Lets see who is awake !

Some outrageous buys on some graded 025's and 006's for christmas under stephen 1327.
  • PapiPapi Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>Lets see who is awake !

Some outrageous buys on some graded 025's and 006's for christmas under stephen 1327. >>

Outrageous is right! image
  • Wow that is crazy a 043 for more than an 006 that would make a great xmass gift for the right person (mememememememememe) lol
    I appreciate the forum members and wanted to offer them a deal on these coins so put them on ebay.

If anyone here wants any you can PM me and we will talk about pricing.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Results are in on the 4/29 10:36 boxes.

Send me an PM to get the numbers...as a payback to those who have contributed.

Lurkers will ... oh well.

Edited for duh moment.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My best box (10:33 9883) produced 12 - 001's, 15 - 002's, 5 - 003's, and 9 - 004's ... 41 total errors out of 50 coins (that was a fun one to search). >>

Hopefully, Akbeez, it went something like this for you!
    ANACS has really tightened up its grading standards on these coins.

I just sent in 10 WDDR 006's I thought for sure I would get some 68' but ended up with 10 WDDR 64's.

My Christmas sale prices look better and better from that viewpoint and will not be repeated after Christmas eve.
  • That is crazy as I have an idea what you like to send in I would contact them and see what is up!!!!!!!image
    You have enough experience to know which coins to submit for high grades. What's changed?

I don't know but will find out tomorrow.

Those were the best coins I had and should have grade much higher.

I will tell them that I will not be sending any more in for grading if that is how they are going to be grading them from now on.

I have sent them over 300 for grading and have only had 3 coins graded under 65 so far.

How come I send them what I though were perfect coins and get all ten of them back at MS64?

Something is wrong with this picture!
  • It is a national conspiracy being controlled by aliens from the 10th demention who only collect 006 errors. These coins have to be purchased by the interdepartmental trade union rules and there for they are trying to devalue what is to become a very expensive coin in the near future. They know this information because they have a CPG and RB from 2089 and have seen what the prices will be and it scared them.
  • In all seriousness I sold Mr. Boss Man a number of the coins he sent in and I can tell you that atleast 2 of them would be MS68 or better as compared to a graded MS68.
    That's messed up PB. You know your sh*t. I sent a handful in that I thought would grade higher (compared to others I had graded) and all but one 66 came back 67. I too thought I had at least a 68 or two.

But 64's? I suggest taking a series of your graded coins to an unbiased expert and have them make comparisons. Might be worth paying a few bucks. If the grades are inconsistent, the TPG has some 'splaining to do. Keep us posted on your appeal.

Makes me consider sending these "best" to PCGS for a second opinion.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
    Has Anacs changed graders recently? Consistency equals validity when it comes to slabbed material. It puts a question mark on previously graded coins and their accuracy. You're right

PB, you need to contact them immediately for a review. Something is not right because we know you've developed a keen eye for quality and what should or shouldn't be sent in for

grading. Let us know what happens.
    I will.

<< <i>Consistency equals validity when it comes to slabbed material. It puts a question mark on previously graded coins and their accuracy. >>

Exactly why I've been so vocal about a new CPG, since it's the only reference our host will use for grading.

<< <i>Exactly why I've been so vocal about a new CPG, since it's the only reference our host will use for grading. >>

This is also the reason most of us have kept their coins "raw" until there is another voice (and balance in the grading world). It just doesn't make any sense to me why PCGS or NGC

haven't come around to recognizing these as valid doubled dies.

Well, good luck to PB on a re-evaluation of his 64's. I've never dealt with Anacs and am unfamiliar with their policies.

The vice president was going to go and try to stop the shipment before it went out and check what is going on.

<< <i>
    The vice president was going to go and try to stop the shipment before it went out and check what is going on. >>

They obviously don't want to lose your business. Good for you PB! imageimage Don't take this laying down!
    They shipped out yesterday afternoon so I need to wait for them to arrive and ship them back to them.
    All quiet on the Western front. Not much of anything regarding lp2's happening on Ebay. Waiting for my daughter to arrive tonight from New York for a nice Christmas visit (my son also

made it in from Michigan) so it will be a nice week and holiday for us this year. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and a great new year too! imageimage

I too would like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
  • Happy holidays dubbled diehards may you and yours be well in the new year and those to come!!!!!!
    Well guys the new year is upon us, are we still buying more and stocking up? I know I am and will continue to do so until people stop listing them which is slowly happening. There are not nearly as many coming on now as was the case 6 months ago. When they do come on they are gone in a heartbeat now so those that can spend lots of time watching ebay are picking them up.imageimage
    Any progress in your re-submission of the 64's you got from Anacs PB?
    No not yet as they just got them back the day after Christmas and with the holidays I'm sure they were working with a "skeleton" crew.

<< <i>they were working with a "skeleton" crew. >>

Nicely done sir!

Well, keep us updated when you get your results.
    In between messages here I just picked up a 4/23 box on ebay.
  • JERK lol here is a bank box Text
    I saw that listing but didn't want to pop for the entire set of Lp1's through 5's just to get the 4/23 box (assuming this is where you got the 4/23 box). Did you get a good "offer" deal? Hope

it's a winner for you!

<< <i>here is a bank box >>

LIC...I bought one of his boxes when he first listed and got zilch out of it. Most likely cherry picked and re-rolled then put into a fresh penny box for re-sale. Good luck if you buy one though!
  • what are the times on the 4/30 boxes that are good?
  • Hey one dollar do you like my ICON it is my Redfield morgan in a black background paramount holder.
    I have given up hope of finding any more good bank boxes as most of them are long gone that have anything in them especially unmarked boxes in good condition.

If the box looks new it probably is.

<< <i>Hey one dollar do you like my ICON >>

Yes, nice! Looks like your camera/lighting setup is beginning to work for you. Morgans are such a great coin design-wise and the Redfield holders are cool too!
    Yeah, congrat's PB on a 4/23 score. Good thing I was looking in the other direction -- the end of year General's Commem's have been very distracting (and scores).

No worries, the DDR scouts are still out there...

BTW, those 4/29's I had a while back had all the same results...

Happy New!!!!
  • Akbez could you refresh the 4/29 results?
    As I recall they were not good.
  • HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Happy 2014 to all of you Believers !!! The next Redbook will be out sometime this Spring. I am expecting great things with these DDRs this year !!
    Specialized Investments
    Yes, this could be the jump off year "doubled die-hards"! Looking forward to the regular Red Book issue that the mainstream will buy. I've been getting more activity on Ebay with my

sales lately. Even some of my die crack samples like "Cracked Skull Abe" and the 076 C reverse are gaining momentum. We'll see where these go in the next few years. The values are

on an upswing already even though still less than one would hope for. I'm just glad I was one of the early "believers" and did a little stockpiling (not like some of you though image ).

Happy 2014 everyone! imageimage
    I was just looking at my die cracked 006's and did not realize that my one with the die crack on the reverse also had a similar die crack on the obverse.

Now I understand why this coin is so valuable.

<< <i>I was just looking at my die cracked 006's and did not realize that my one with the die crack on the reverse also had a similar die crack on the obverse.

Now I understand why this coin is so valuable.
    >>

That's the one you should send in for grading PB....it would be worth moon money if it came back as a 67
    I only have the one, thought I had 2, but cant find the other one.

I have 7 with just the crack on the obverse and may send them all in for grading soon.
  • Mr. Pi Boss have you checked recently with Igc to see if they will grade thius series. If they will it could be the motivation for our host to do so?
    NGC is not going to do anything with them until PCGS does.

It all revolves around CPG being published with them in it.

You can not get anyone to say anything until that happens.

I came close a year ago with an employee at PCGS ( i will not name them) saying they had approval and would grade them if I sent in 1000 of all the same variety but I did not have that kind of money.
  • Not NGC but IGC

Link

<< <i>Not NGC but IGC >>

They have less credibility than Anacs L.I.C. Would not be worth it to use them. We have to be patient for PCGS and NGC to come around. As PB said these organizations are waiting for

the CPG to be published before they step into grading and labeling the errors. In the meantime...keep stockpiling as much as you can. Their eventual recognition of these doubled dies

is inevitable. Keep the faith all of you Believers and Doubled Die-Hards! imageimage
    I have never even considered IGC for a grading source. ANACS does a great job at grading these coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file