• mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mike..got the 60 Aaron.
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Glad it arrived Kirk!

and TTT

------
    stupid print dots

• flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    day 5 and n takers on the MAntle lot. Nice lot but if no one wants it----tiime to switch it up to keep this thread going. Come on Boys!!
  • cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    I am mostly a player and oddball collector at this point in time (Clemente Aaron Mantle etc)- so those are the types of items I usually offer. I put some thought into each lot, so it has a theme- not just a hodgepodge of random items. I certainly do not want to impede the progress of the thread - thought the Mantle lot would be taken rather quickly- but I was wrong. Open to suggestions and constructive comments. Please comment or pm me.
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    I have learned from this thread that small lots work best...like 1-3 cards. Nice lot offered.
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    I think it's a nice lot, Doc. I'd normally be interested in a Mantle lot but I already have a large box full of oddball Mick, everything from metal HOF plaques to napkins from his restaurant. Now if it was NON-oddball Mantle... image
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • I'm on my way out the door and not sure how to play, but I'll take the Mantle lot if someone pm's me and tells me what to put up in its place.

<< <i>I'm on my way out the door and not sure how to play, but I'll take the Mantle lot if someone pm's me and tells me what to put up in its place. >>

PM'd. image

• << <i>I'm on my way out the door and not sure how to play, but I'll take the Mantle lot if someone pm's me and tells me what to put up in its place. >>

Please put up a perfectly centered PSA 8 '70 Topps Nolan Ryan with no significant print or focus issues. Thanks in advance.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm on my way out the door and not sure how to play, but I'll take the Mantle lot if someone pm's me and tells me what to put up in its place. >>

Please put up a perfectly centered PSA 8 '70 Topps Nolan Ryan with no significant print or focus issues. Thanks in advance. >>

Please put it up 10 minutes after he goes to sleep.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Walnut ... any idea as to what you are putting up?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • thanks for the pms. I'll leave it up to you guys:

A) I respectfully retract my bid due to my not knowing how to play

or

B) I'll offer a lot within 24 hours from 7PM east coast time, but it will probably be scattershot at best.

First 2 out of 3 replies decides it for us all.

• JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    If you don't have anything to offer, there's no harm in waiting a little. I'm sure you'll have plenty of chances to grab some great stuff! image

I vote "a"

Jason
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
    I agree with Jason. If you've got nothing right now, maybe a later lot will work out better for you.

Cheers!
  • Ok, thanks. I should have read the first post but hey, I was going out the door late for an appointment. Bid officially withdrawn but I'll follow along and see what happens.

Looks like "CPETTIMD'S" lot is back up for the taking.

#1 Mantle collection.
    1958-61 Jay Pub Mantle PSA 7 tough in higher grade
    1962 Mantle post cereal life mag ad back PSA 5 - small faint back wrinkle keeps from NM or better
    1962 Topps Mantle stamp PSA 6
    1967 Topps Mantle pin up PSA 2
    1976 Sportstix Mantle PSA 8
    I will throw in one more item-choice of 1 of the 2 following. I have a 1962 holiday inn mantle postcard , and a 1947-66 exhibits mantle batting pinstripes at PSA right now should be a psa4-if anyone takes this lot it will be sent to them when it's gets back. That should make a nice little oddball collection.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got the cards from Brian (3putt). I think he made the comment that even though he had a problem posting pictures, up to date all others have been satisfied. Well I have to agree, all 3 cards are very nice, and I especially love the Rose. Thanks, and well done.

So, on to shipping my lot. cpettimd - can you pm me your shipping address, or do you want to wait until someone takes your lot ?
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    ya gotta wait till someone takes th elot. IT's been up there almost a week

it's a nice lot--but no takers is no takers.

I say of no taker by Friday--switch it up
  • I will tentatively take the Mantle lot (with the Holiday Inn card; love that pic), provided I can dig something up to PIF.
  • Well, this might be a small target market, but how about an AL Central Champions lot? Included:

1961 Topps Kaline PSA 7
    1967 Topps Kaline PSA 8
    1971 Topps Kaline PSA 7
    2000 Topps Traded Miguel Cabrera (RC) PSA 9
    2004 Topps Cracker Jack Miguel Cabrera Auto PSA 9

• bump to get this back to the first page.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Crickets on this lot. I will add to it or switch it up tomorrow morning.
  • Alright, I'm going to bail on this one. I don't want to add to it and have it get to be too many cards.

Back to the Mantles being available!
    Ed's (ShootyBabitt) lot was not taken. He does not want to stall the thread, so he has put back what he originally took. SOOOOOO, "CPETTIMD'S" lot is once again back up for the taking.

#1 Mantle collection.
    1958-61 Jay Pub Mantle PSA 7 tough in higher grade
    1962 Mantle post cereal life mag ad back PSA 5 - small faint back wrinkle keeps from NM or better
    1962 Topps Mantle stamp PSA 6
    1967 Topps Mantle pin up PSA 2
    1976 Sportstix Mantle PSA 8
    I will throw in one more item-choice of 1 of the 2 following. I have a 1962 holiday inn mantle postcard , and a 1947-66 exhibits mantle batting pinstripes at PSA right now should be a psa4-if anyone takes this lot it will be sent to them when it's gets back. That should make a nice little oddball collection.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

I will give this one more attempt- with a shot gun approach. You can choose any number of items from the following list with a "point" value up to 275-300 points. If this does not work - by Saturday night- I am going to have to sit this one out. If you think this approach is a bad idea- I will pull out today.

1958- 61 Jay Publishing Mickey Mantle portrait PSA 7 125 points
    1958- 61 Jay Publishing Duke Snider portrait PSA 8 50 points
    1958-61 Jay Publishing Clemente PSA 9 300 points
    1967 Dexter Press premiums Clemente PSA 8 140 points
    1970 Transogram complete box Al Kaline et al 120 points
    1970 Transogram complete box Frank Robinson et at 120 ponts
    1971 Dell team stamps Steve Garvey PSA 8 RC year 80 points
    1955 Dodgers Golden Stamps Duke Snider PSA 9 80 points
    1976 Sporstix Mantle PSA 8 50 points
    1976 Sportstix Clemente PSA 8 70 points
    1962 Post Mantle life ad back PSA 5 60 points
    1962 Post Mantle life ad back PSA 4 40 points
    1962 Topps stamp mantle PSA 6 45 points
    1967 Topps Pin Ups Mantle PSA 2 30 points
    1967 Topps Pin Ups Aaron PSA 6.5 80 points
    1967 Topps Pin Ups Aaron PSA 6 60 points
    1969 MLBPA pins Clemente PSA 7 90 points
    1969 OPC Roberto Clemente PSA 75 points
    1966 Pirates team PSA 8 25 points
    1963 Pirates team card PSA 8 25 points
    1998 Tiger Woods grand Slam ventures SGC 96 55 points
    1988 Grenada Stamps Nolan Ryan PSA 10 60 points
    1988 Grenada Stamps Pete Rose PSA 10 85 points
    1988 Grenada Stamps Schmidt PSA 10 60 points
    1988 Grenada Stamps Brett PSA 10 30 points
    1962 Holiday Inn Mantle batting lounge pending grade PSA VGEX 45 points
    1947 66 Mantle Exhibits batting pinstripes pending PSA VGEX 45 points
    1977 Topps Jim Rice PSA 9 30 points
    pair of Pete Rose Jd McCarthy postcards NM/MT 25 points

Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    The lot intrigues me as I have been trying to get a Holiday Inn Mantle from you, but have balked at the price.....hmmmm....we might have to work something out?
    Make it happen, Bobby! Hoping someone will take Docs lot... Even though I'd be all over that 68 Ryan lot... image
    I will give this until 3 pm eastern time- that will be 1 week. Then I will have to step aside. No need to hold up a good thread.
  • FrancartFrancart Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    If no one ends up taking Docs lot by 3pm, I'll take the Ryan lotk
    There are no takers so I am out.
    Please remove images of my lot so there is no confusion about which lot is available - and the thread can move forward.
    If someone can put an image of 76collectors lot as the last post we can move along
    Chris
    Trying to copy the image URL from the earlier post.

Let me know if you guys (or the op) think my lot should be changed up. It seems like the value of the cards might be limiting the participants. I could offer up the Ryan on it's own, or change up the offer all together if it will allow for more people to participate. As it stands now I will leave it as the Ryan and the 83's.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Francart said he would take this if it was going to be available.
    I'll take it. New lot posted shortly.

Here we go. Super tough 67 Venezuela Mantle. Only 24 of these ever graded by PSA.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    shouldn't be long...

NICE!!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
    If you guyscould give me a little extra time, I'll take the Mantle. Back in town tomorrow night and I'll post a nice lot.i
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    OK by me....no big rush/////
    Cool card, don't even know if I've seen one of those before.
    Collecting:

• << <i>If you guyscould give me a little extra time, I'll take the Mantle. Back in town tomorrow night and I'll post a nice lot.i >>

Thread stater gets whatever he needs. Great offerings there guys
    Jarrod ... looking forward to your post tomorrow. Get home safely.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    That Mantle is kind of cool. What's something like that usually go for price wise?
    Buying US Presidential autographs

• << <i>That Mantle is kind of cool. What's something like that usually go for price wise? >>

According to VCP the last one sold for $285 back in 2007

EDIT- I didn't notice the qualifier...the last 1MK sold for $199.99 back in August of 2012

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

<< <i>

<< <i>That Mantle is kind of cool. What's something like that usually go for price wise? >>

According to VCP the last one sold for $285 back in 2007 >>

That was for a STRAIGHT "PSA 1". The one just taken was a "PSA 1 MK". In August one sold for $199.99.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>That Mantle is kind of cool. What's something like that usually go for price wise? >>

According to VCP the last one sold for $285 back in 2007 >>

That was for a STRAIGHT "PSA 1". The one just taken was a "PSA 1 MK". In August one sold for $199.99. >>

Yeah I edited my post about a minute before you

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    That was a steal at that price...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • so where we at? image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
    Stuck in Tennessee for the night. image sorry, I'll get my lot up as soon as I can tomorrow. Fo' sho!
    Alright, here is my offering. You will get the Topps Sterling Stan Musial numbered 10 of 10, with an auto and three relics...

And ONE of the following lots:

Lot A:
    '79 Ozzie Smith and '80 Rickey Henderson RCs, both PSA 8, both pulled by me:

imageimage

Lot B:
    Lot of 25 1952 Topps cards in G to VG+ condition. One HOFer included:

Awesome lot Jarrod!
    That will go quickly. I would be all over that - except for my last 2 offerings were epic failures- wont be playing for a while image
  • Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    GREAT lot and very tempting. Wont last long