Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

R.I.P. ... PAY IT FORWARD...

Comments

• scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for you guys wanting me to get that offering. I already have a Killebrew so I thought I'd let someone else enjoy it. Amazing offering up right now too.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been following the thread for a while but have not jumped in. I saw the lot with the gem mint 76's too late. I'm not sure how many posts I've made but I would be interested in the current lot, and I believe I have some things that people would be interested in (mostly unopened from group rips and purchased directly from bbce). Anyway, I would love to jump in, because I love the premise of the op. Let me know if you guys are good with it, and I will take 3 puts lot. My ebay ID is 76collector as well and I have 500 transactions and 100% feedback if that helps show my honesty and integrity.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
    Hop on in, 76.
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    I agree -- the lot is yours -- so long as Commissioner Dbonesq says OK--Douglas??
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I agree -- the lot is yours -- so long as Commissioner Dbonesq says OK--Douglas?? >>

WOW! Now I'm the unofficial Commissioner! LOL Manuel ... I say "Take 'em 76Collector" and put up some nice stuff to pay forward. (Please make sure what you put up has similar value to the stuff you took. I'll edit this post with the VCP of each of those 6 cards if it helps.)

1958 topps W.S. Batting Foes Mantle/Aaron #418 PSA 4 $67.00
    1966 topps Don Sutton RC #288 PSA 7 $65.00
    1971 topps Pete Rose #100 PSA 7 $74.00
    1971 topps Nolan Ryan #513 PSA 6 $47.00
    1973 topps Mike Schmidt RC #615 PSA 5 $67.00
    1975 topps George Brett RC #228 PSA 7 $71.00
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I agree -- the lot is yours -- so long as Commissioner Dbonesq says OK--Douglas?? >>

Priceless
    alright. Sounds good I will send a pm to 3putt with the cards I want. I'm excited to be part, this is what collecting is all about. Having fun, trading, and enjoying it with others like myself. I will admit in advance that I'm not up to date on VCP or other means of assessing value. I have an idea of what I paid, and what things go for on ebay, but I collect for the nostalgia of it. This is my first time doing this, so please don't hammer me, but if I need to add more to my lott just let me know, or I can change it up. I will post it in the next hour or so once I figure out how to post pictures.

by the way my name is Jeff
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    All right guys, here is the lott I will be offering. I will list the contents, and hopefully post pictures as well (if it works lol). Let's see if there are any fans of unopened material following this thread. All packs were bought during group rips, or directly from bbce.

1972 opc unopened wax pack from group rip
    1978 topps wax pack Willie McCovey -back psa NM 7
    1979 Topps wax pack psa NM7
    1979 topps cello pack
    1980 topps cello pack
    1981 topps cello pack
    1982 topps cello pack
    1983 topps cello pack

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46458707@N03/8476717234/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/46458707@N03/8476718036/in/photostream/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/46458707@N03/8475625427/in/photostream/
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8108/8475624771_0ce907be16_s.jpg

Collecting:
    Collecting:
  • not sure how to make them any bigger, but there are the pics.

Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like i was a little late on the help lol
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 80.51% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.80% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
    thanks guys for the help. I just figured it out too, looks like I needed to copy the image file, than click on the image icon and paste it in there. Anyway, hopefully someone is interested, after all it is free ! If not I can add a bit to it, or offer up something else.
    Collecting:

<< <i>

Priceless >>

Kirk ... OK ... it's your turn to monitor the thread and try to make sure what's being offered up is the dollar equivalent to what was taken. I've spent a decent amount of time trying to keep this thread going, even though I seldom participate. I'm sure you know that when you put something up that's worth $30.00 less than what you took, it does not take long before you have crap being offered.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    The thread seems to be edging down in price a little from the high water mark of $300+ to this, which I'd estimate at about $180. I think that's good and will keep more involved in it.

I really enjoyed opening those '72 OPCs in the last rip, so I'm tempted to take these... Somebody grab it!

<< <i>

<< <i>

Priceless >>

Kirk ... OK ... it's your turn to monitor the thread and try to make sure what's being offered up is the dollar equivalent to what was taken. I've spent a decent amount of time trying to keep this thread going, even though I seldom participate. I'm sure you know that when you put something up that's worth $30.00 less than what you took, it does not take long before you have crap being offered. >>

Doug, you have been a huge asset to this thread. That comment was meant as a compliment.
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Priceless >>

Kirk ... OK ... it's your turn to monitor the thread and try to make sure what's being offered up is the dollar equivalent to what was taken. I've spent a decent amount of time trying to keep this thread going, even though I seldom participate. I'm sure you know that when you put something up that's worth $30.00 less than what you took, it does not take long before you have crap being offered. >>

Doug, you have been a huge asset to this thread. That comment was meant as a compliment. >>

I agree with Kirk, you have helped to keep this thread moving in the right direction and I hope you continue.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
    Yep, Doug has been the badly needed police for this thread. He often PMs me to discuss items that may need to be addressed so this continues to be as fair (and fun!) as possible.

Thanks, Doug!!! image
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yep, Doug has been the badly needed police for this thread. He often PMs me to discuss items that may need to be addressed so this continues to be as fair (and fun!) as possible.

Thanks, Doug!!! image >>

Oh I see how it is SIR DOUGLAS,only pm me to say Raiders suck...Why me man???
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • The Raiders still have a team?!?!

Hope this thread continues.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

no one wants upopened? Seriously?

• << <i>no one wants upopened? Seriously? >>

That's what I was thinking. Although, people will pay big money through BBCE, here you can get them on trade.

I do not do unopened. What is the Estimated value of these?

Dave
    Value is about $150

<< <i>Value is about $150 >>

And SLOWLY but surely this is how the thread comes to a weekly halt. Just three trades ago the value of the item was $229.00.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    nice
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the nature of this thread does not lend itself to judging all offerings strictly by dollar value. Sure, it seems we've settled between $175-$250 in value, but really isn't this all about getting and giving away cards that you would buy with your own money or sell easily if you wished to?

I also don't like how some people are so quick to crap all over offerings. As this is a thread about being generous, it would be nice for it to be supportive and positive. I know that is impossible though.

Nathanael

<< <i>I think the nature of this thread does not lend itself to judging all offerings strictly by dollar value. Sure, it seems we've settled between $175-$250 in value, but really isn't this all about getting and giving away cards that you would buy with your own money or sell easily if you wished to?
    I also don't like how some people are so quick to crap all over offerings. As this is a thread about being generous, it would be nice for it to be supportive and positive. I know that is impossible though.
    Nathanael >>

Nathanael, I agree with most of what you are saying. The only thing that used to get to me was when the same members, time after time, would take cards worth x$ and put up cards worth x-30 $. To me, the idea of this thread was not to make a windfall from people I consider my friends. It was a way of swapping out cards I no longer wanted for cards that I enjoy ... without having to pay the 15% to ebay and paypal.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• I'm not sure if I agree the packs are only worth $150. With the way Unopened is becoming harder to find, I feel this is a great offering. Hold them for a year then tell me what they are worth.

I'm just shocked no one wants it.

Dave
    I noticed there were no takers on the unopened lot yet. I guess, I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when i joined in because I truly don't know the precise value of the material I put up, and thought it was a cool lot that people would be interested in. I have owned that 78 pack for years and figured out the McCovey was on the back by staring through the wrapper for hours and submitted it to psa for grading. I also personally like the 78 set so that is something I thought was "cool" and maybe I over value it. In my head I guesstimated the value of the lot at around 180-200. I collect for the fun of it, I'm not a dealer and don't follow price trends much, and I wanted to get more involved with people who collect as well to add more enjoyment to my collecting. I really don't want the group to feel that I am in any way trying to take advantage of anyone, and surely don't want the thread to die on account of me. My new lot will follow.
    Collecting:
    Here is my new lot.

1968 topps J. Koosman/N. Ryan - psa 3
    1983 topps tony gwynn psa 9
    1983 topps ryne sandberg psa 9
    1983 topps wade boggs psa 9

Collecting:
    don't know why I can't get those dang pictures to look any bigger, I don't have a scanner, just an old point and shoot. Sorry about that.
    Collecting:
    I think both of your lots were very fair and nice offerings. I do not think anyone was thinking you were taking advantage.
    I would like to take the second lot.
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • the past 2 lots have been great imo...where are all the pack collectors? also can't beat a nolan ryan rc. i'd jump in on that to send it in for him to sign it.
  • that should be a little better.

Need PSA Indians/Browns
    Lets see if this works:

#1 Mantle collection.
    1958-61 Jay Pub Mantle PSA 7 tough in higher grade
    1962 Mantle post cereal life mag ad back PSA 5 - small faint back wrinkle keeps from NM or better
    1962 Topps Mantle stamp PSA 6
    1967 Topps Mantle pin up PSA 2
    1976 Sportstix Mantle PSA 8
    I will throw in one more item-choice of 1 of the 2 following. I have a 1962 holiday inn mantle postcard , and a 1947-66 exhibits mantle batting pinstripes at PSA right now should be a psa4-if anyone takes this lot it will be sent to them when it's gets back. That should make a nice little oddball collection.

• Been following this thread for awhile and gotta say, that is/was an awesome lot! If I had the posts to participate and the value to put back in, I'd be all over it! I've wanted a Ryan rookie forever. Someday!
    Collecting 80's baseball
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I really don't want the group to feel that I am in any way trying to take advantage of anyone, and surely don't want the thread to die on account of me. My new lot will follow. >>

I think you just got taken advantage of.
    AWESOME MANTLE LOT DOC! Too bad I have all of them!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I noticed there were no takers on the unopened lot yet. I guess, I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when i joined in because I truly don't know the precise value of the material I put up, and thought it was a cool lot that people would be interested in. I have owned that 78 pack for years and figured out the McCovey was on the back by staring through the wrapper for hours and submitted it to psa for grading. I also personally like the 78 set so that is something I thought was "cool" and maybe I over value it. In my head I guesstimated the value of the lot at around 180-200. I collect for the fun of it, I'm not a dealer and don't follow price trends much, and I wanted to get more involved with people who collect as well to add more enjoyment to my collecting. I really don't want the group to feel that I am in any way trying to take advantage of anyone, and surely don't want the thread to die on account of me. My new lot will follow. >>

I thought your pack lot was great and would have taken it, but I already took a lot in the past week so i'm only able to watch right now. Your 2nd lot was even better and would have been one I would've taken also. Great job Jeff!! I hope you continue to play. image

By the way i'm Jeff also.

<< <i>don't know why I can't get those dang pictures to look any bigger, I don't have a scanner, just an old point and shoot. Sorry about that. >>

That was a VERY GENEROUS PIF that you put up.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• << <i>I noticed there were no takers on the unopened lot yet. I guess, I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when i joined in because I truly don't know the precise value of the material I put up, and thought it was a cool lot that people would be interested in. I have owned that 78 pack for years and figured out the McCovey was on the back by staring through the wrapper for hours and submitted it to psa for grading. I also personally like the 78 set so that is something I thought was "cool" and maybe I over value it. In my head I guesstimated the value of the lot at around 180-200. I collect for the fun of it, I'm not a dealer and don't follow price trends much, and I wanted to get more involved with people who collect as well to add more enjoyment to my collecting. I really don't want the group to feel that I am in any way trying to take advantage of anyone, and surely don't want the thread to die on account of me. My new lot will follow. >>

I was actually in the process of scanning stuff and getting ready to grab the unopened lot when you switched it up. It was a great lot.

Welcome to the PIF thread and hope to see you in it a few more times.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I'm in the same boat as others. I recently took a lot, so I have to wait a week......your lots were fine.
    Glad to see the second lot got things back on track, and I appreciate the positive comments.
    Collecting:
  • I just want to remind everyone, that if nobody takes a lot after 24 hours, the lot becomes available for anyone to take. That means if you took a lot in the past week, you can take a lot that has been up for 24 hours.

It seems sometimes if a lot has not been taken in a few hours people seem to freak out!

Brian
    1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is the Mantle lot the current offering?
    The Mantle lot is the current offering unless I missed something. If anyone thinks differently- please comment.
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Mantle lot is the current offering unless I missed something. If anyone thinks differently- please comment. >>

Ok, I'm dumb! I went back and re-read that you took the 76Collector lot!!!! image As you were! image
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    that is one nice Mantle lot...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
    TTT

here is the current offer--for pics go to page before

no one wants Mantles?? I mean, I know he is a Yankee but......

#1 Mantle collection.
    1958-61 Jay Pub Mantle PSA 7 tough in higher grade
    1962 Mantle post cereal life mag ad back PSA 5 - small faint back wrinkle keeps from NM or better
    1962 Topps Mantle stamp PSA 6
    1967 Topps Mantle pin up PSA 2
    1976 Sportstix Mantle PSA 8
    I will throw in one more item-choice of 1 of the 2 following. I have a 1962 holiday inn mantle postcard , and a 1947-66 exhibits mantle batting pinstripes at PSA right now should be a psa4-if anyone takes this lot it will be sent to them when it's gets back. That should make a nice little oddball collection.

-------------------------
    successful transactions with 40 + CU members: MBMiller, RonBurgundy, OAKESY25, Bunker, RipublicanMass,Bosox 1976,baseballfan,downtown1994,daddymc, Dboneesq, jimrad, fattymacs, itzagoner