Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

R.I.P. ... PAY IT FORWARD...

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jarrod ... WOW! What a GREAT LOT! Too bad Matt Miller is no longer collecting! (Matt LOVED collecting Musial, no?)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic lot, someboday is going to be happy.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • FrancartFrancart Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    Awesome lot Jarrod! Mantle will be shipping out very shortly. Surprised lot had lasted this long.
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Awesome lot Jarrod!
    That will go quickly. I would be all over that - except for my last 2 offerings were epic failures- wont be playing for a while image >>

You should grab it. Your lots were awesome and it's a shame that no one took them. Again, if only I hadn't already had a ton of oddball Mantle...

Also, I'm okay if you take the value down a little bit as it may encourage more people to participate.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Jarrod, what the value on that lot? I would love the Musial piece.

• mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Bobby - Got the Maris RC today, thanks!

------
    stupid print dots

• I would love to take this lot but I know i havent been a member for sixth months nor do i have 50 posts but I really love this idea and i really would like to participate so if I can't and i must wait to have 50 posts and been a member for 6 months ok, but i would really like this lot.
    thanks,
    sincerely,
    Zach
  • Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭

<< <i>Jarrod, what the value on that lot? I would love the Musial piece. >>

quick ebay check says the lot is about 200-220ish

<< <i>quick ebay check says the lot is about 200-220ish >>

Ok, I will take the lot! Stand bye for my offering. If you like 75 Topps, your probably going to be interested.
    Cool Matt, it's yours. PM me your address and specify which lot you want (Musial + A or Musial + B).
    Just an FYI... Matt took the Musial and Ozzie/Rickey RCs. His internet is down right now but he will be uploading his lot when it's back up.
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Im out! Jarrod, Please list your items back up for availability!

• flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    surprising bump......
  • If noone wants my cards by lunch time today, Please retract my taking your lot Jarrod and make it available again. I really thought someone would jump all over a lot of 75 Topps HOFer's, but apparently I was wrong. I have no interest in throwing lots up, until something pops up that suits another person's fancy. I will pull my photo's at that time, so as not to confuse anyone.
  • cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Matt - your offered lot is great. Who would not want an Aaron PSA 8 and a Rice RC ?
    I am interested in yours, and previous lots- but my last 2 offerings were not taken.
    I mainly have player specific regional and oddball items- the people playing just do not seem to be interested in my stuff- so I not going to impede the thread.
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Dont kid yourself cpettimid! You got nice stuff!
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    What is the current lot?
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what's being offered(I think!)

<< <i>Alright, here is my offering. You will get the Topps Sterling Stan Musial numbered 10 of 10, with an auto and three relics...

And ONE of the following lots:

Lot A:
    '79 Ozzie Smith and '80 Rickey Henderson RCs, both PSA 8, both pulled by me:

imageimage

Lot B:
    Lot of 25 1952 Topps cards in G to VG+ condition. One HOFer included:

image >>

• FrancartFrancart Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    Received the Ryan rookie & 83's from Jeff today. Thanks again!!
    This lot is still up for grabs.
  • OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    I have only participated once in this thread by taking/giving a card but had a thought. It has seemed to stall over the last month much more than any period over the last ten months since it started. While this thread has been called "dead" on many occasions, it feels like this time is different.

The current level is about $150-200 which is where it has been at some time. Maybe we are getting to the point where people are out of the cards they want to use as a trade at this range. Jarrod started this thread back in May of last year. And his lot is currently the one that is up. What if we "reset". Let Jarrod put up something to re-start the process, maybe one of the cards/lots he has up now. In my opinion, it does a couple things:

Puts the value back to a place where you increase the likelihood people will have something to trade.
    It allows the value to build up again.
    Keeps probably the best thread on the board going when it looks tough to sustain at this level.

Someone could say that Jarrod "wins" because he gets a "higher dollar lot" than he is putting up but since he started this journey I think most wouldn't have a problem with that. It wouldn't be something I suggest happens often but seems like the right thing to do now.

Just a thought, but would hate to see it stall here.

Jim
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Jim - bring it back to the masses.
    Daniel
  • I agree! If it gets down to the $100 range, it's much easier to do one card.
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to believe it started with a simple plan that would be fun for people who would want to be involved.... two very cool collector grade (HOF and Future HOF) cards huh?

• FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    I agree. Keep the max to $100 VCP if graded and if raw be smart and keep the value where it should be.

If someone goes up and over the to say $125 the next gift does not need to go higher but keep it right around $100.

Sounds good to me.
  • i agree with the reset, great idea...especially with jarrod holding the lot right now.
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Okay, well if we are "resetting" PIF and everyone is okay with this, I will take the Smith RC and the Henderson RC. The VCP is $120, so we can try to keep it in the $100-$150 range?

If anyone has an issue with this let me know. I just would like to get the ball rolling again.

Jason
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay, well if we are "resetting" PIF and everyone is okay with this, I will take the Smith RC and the Henderson RC. The VCP is $120, so we can try to keep it in the $100-$150 range?

If anyone has an issue with this let me know. I just would like to get the ball rolling again.

Jason >>

Those are exactly the 2 cards I wanted from this current offering. I had no interest in that shiny card with the writing on it so I stayed away.

Jeff
    Funny...i liked the shiny one but the other I dont need

<< <i>Funny...i liked the shiny one but the other I dont need >>

This is precisely what's wrong with multiple cards. No one ever seems to want them all.

Jeff
  • CounselorCounselor Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭
    I personally will be much more likely to participate if single card between $100-$150
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭
    Reset sounds good. But don't go too far down the value latter so as to threaten the livelihood of the "other" low-end PIF thread. That thread has the $20 - $30 universe staked out.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
    So is the lot mine?
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496
    No problem here, as long as the thread moves every so often.

Dave

• << <i>So is the lot mine? >>

It's not mine. That's as much reassurance as I can offer right now.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    good morning gents

Jason--I say take the Henderson and Ozzie--

Let's get started again

enjoy the day men!
  • cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Someone needs to step in and "moderate" this thread- so it does not get derailed. We need to either "reset" or restate the guidelines at this point and moving forward. Jarrod is the originator and he holds the last lot-so I would vote for him.
    Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Someone needs to step in and "moderate" this thread- so it does not get derailed. We need to either "reset" or restate the guidelines at this point and moving forward. Jarrod is the originator and he holds the last lot-so I would vote for him. >>

+1 for Jarrod

------
    stupid print dots

• 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Someone needs to step in and "moderate" this thread- so it does not get derailed. We need to either "reset" or restate the guidelines at this point and moving forward. Jarrod is the originator and he holds the last lot-so I would vote for him. >>

+1 for Jarrod

Also, if a "reset" is in order I would think the fairest way to do it would be to reset on Jarrod's next post and whatever lot he chooses (new or part of old) would be available to the first to take it. I only say that because multiple people have shown interest in "parts" of the current lot.

just my 2 cents.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
    Sorry for the lack of response guys, I just got home and read all of this. It sounds like most people on here (and via A LOT of PMs, I haven't even read them all yet) are in favor of closing this thread and restarting a new one. I agree that the values have gotten pretty high and limits the participation. As it was mentioned, that would leave me holding a bigger lot. If someone has a problem with that, please speak up. If not, I will start a new PIF with an item <$100 and make it a thread rule that the lot is never to exceed that.

Thoughts? I'm totally open to any opinions.

Thanks,
    Jarrod

<< <i>Sorry for the lack of response guys, I just got home and read all of this. It sounds like most people on here (and via A LOT of PMs, I haven't even read them all yet) are in favor of closing this thread and restarting a new one. I agree that the values have gotten pretty high and limits the participation. As it was mentioned, that would leave me holding a bigger lot. If someone has a problem with that, please speak up. If not, I will start a new PIF with an item <$100 and make it a thread rule that the lot is never to exceed that.

Thoughts? I'm totally open to any opinions.

Thanks,
    Jarrod >>

Personally, I don't think a new thread is necessary. If you want to post a new lot here I don't think anyone will mind.

Also, I think $100-125 works well with a lot of people.

Jason
    My eBay Store =)

• I agree with Jason, keep this thread going here.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    +2

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
    I would say keep it going here, have it be the 2 PSA RCs, then move on from there. Im a big continuity guy
    OK, after talking with a few members whose opinion I respect and reading the comments here, I am going to push the RESET button on this thread.

FROM HERE ON OUT, PLEASE TRY AND KEEP ALL LOTS UNDER $100.

Other than that, all of the same rules apply. I am putting up the Ozzie Smith RC as the new lot. The BINs on this tend to go from $75-110 so if I posted it and the Henderson, we'd be up around $130. Most people that I've talked to think $100 is a good guideline so that's what I'm going with.

So... who wants it?

If possible i'll take the PSA 8 Rickey Henderson instead of the Ozzie. Let me know if that works.

Thanks
    Jeff
    I'll take it.

With Jarrod's ok through a PM i'll be taking the Henderson. My offering is a pack of 74-75 Topps basketball cards from a group rip a few months back. Still packaged exactly as it was when it came from BBCE. BBCE is selling these for $75 on their site. Will switch it up later tonight if no one wants it.

Thanks
    Jeff

NEW OFFER BELOW
    Added scans of the pack.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Is that a tear in the wrapper by the "BA" in "BALL" or something on the scanner?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.