• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be on those like a duck on a June bug.image
  • Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep...gotta have it...
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    It sounds like the U.S. Mint's 'full employment act' for flippers. I'll be there.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Oh Oh,

The responses so far are very troubling.

It looks like a looong afternoon of refreshing pages come sale date.

I will be in for max available.

5 x $400 $2000, $200 a week from now will just about cover it.

Joe

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monday morning the Mint will be hammered with calls about these sets.

Could 5 per become 1 per .................................image
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,485 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>what are the grading companies going to do for labels since they put 25th ann. on this years already (talking about bullion and proof included in this set)?? >>

Additionally, since the Proof, Bullion, Bullion S coins and hopefully the Burnished W coins are available "outside" the set, PCGS and possibly NGC will ONLY grade Mint Sealed Shipping Boxes with the 25th Anniversary Set labels. Exactly the same as the 20th Anniversary Sets. >>

Please direct me to the Bullion S mint marked ASE's. The only ones I've seen, do not have a mint mark. >>

You know what I meant oper.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I would be surprised if the limit stood at 5.

I'm thinking 1.

The only way this could backfire is if the USM offers the "S" Unc and the "P" Reverse proof individually.

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Last time some smart investors paid me an average of $3k for the three First Strike™ MS/PF/RP 70 sets I had graded. But hey, it did cost ~$170 per set to get them graded. image

But, I'm awfully busy this time around............image

imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    If the Mint's goals were to:

Maximise profits.
    Maximise collector satisfaction.
    And generate alot of free publicity.

They could put together the 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set
    like this:

Uncirculated-S

Proof-S

Uncirculated-P

Reverse Proof-W

Bullion-D

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If the Mint's goals were to:

Maximise profits.

like this:

Uncirculated-S

Proof-S

Uncirculated-P

Reverse Proof-W

Bullion-D >>

Uncirculated-S

Proof-S

Uncirculated-W

Reverse Proof-P

Bullion-D

I'd make the Rev Proof the P because the last one was a W

Although the bullion would get no mint mark to separate it from the Unc., but it would be made in D so it would get a different label designation than the other S made bullions.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202

<< <i>No choice but to buy a set to keep my ASE collection 100% complete.

John >>

I am in the same boat.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet set. Flipper city here. This is the big one of 2011. Puck, smuck.....
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    This set will be a homer run.
  • Options
    100K sets seems like a lot though.
    I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff will be coming down for quite a while!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will become a 7-Coin Set.............................if you count the (2) mint errors that are likely when the Mint can't keep track of its own dies and blanks....image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool!!!
    I'll be all over these like a lineman on a meat loaf.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options
    Tiggs2012Tiggs2012 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Still hope they do another one with AGE's.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If the Mint's goals were to:

Maximise profits.

like this:

Uncirculated-S

Proof-S

Uncirculated-P

Reverse Proof-W

Bullion-D >>

Uncirculated-S

Proof-S

Uncirculated-P

Reverse Proof-W

Bullion-D

I'd make the Rev Proof the P because the last one was a W

Although the bullion would get no mint mark to separate it from the Unc., but it would be made in D so it would get a different label designation than the other S made bullions. >>

must issue a correction.

the 2006 Reverse Proof is a P mint mark

So this year's RP needs to be a W
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    At 100k, I think a couple of these will be semi-keys.

• Options

<< <i>100K sets seems like a lot though. >>

Oh yeh! But everyone tells us this one's rare (100K)! 16 years later there are no less than 20 1995-W ASE's on eBay (30K). Not exactly hard to find I'd say. Yes, I do understand this mintage is lower than typical, but still 100K is a big number. I would love to see this set say 10-30K. Then I'd be all over it. Or better yet, maybe the mint could restrike 1K 2009 ASE proofs! Woo-hoo, now that would be the ultimate ASE to collect!

Anyways, I wish all those good who do purchase a set (to each his own).

--aap
  • Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675

<< <i>

<< <i>100K sets seems like a lot though. >>

Oh yeh! But everyone tells us this one's rare (100K)! 16 years later there are no less than 20 1995-W ASE's on eBay (30K). Not exactly hard to find I'd say. Yes, I do understand this mintage is lower than typical, but still 100K is a big number. I would love to see this set say 10-30K. Then I'd be all over it. Or better yet, maybe the mint could restrike 1K 2009 ASE proofs! Woo-hoo, now that would be the ultimate ASE to collect!

Anyways, I wish all those good who do purchase a set (to each his own).

--aap >>

100,000 a big number??? No need to look further but to history itself. UHR in 2009, one of the most wanted coins in a very long time and this 25th Ann set seems to already generate a huge demand.

Do the math and 100,000 albeit a big number will be eclipsed by the huge demand. Only way to know is to play the mint lottery. If they sell for 350 each that will be one cheap ticket cosndiering silver is sitting at 43 right now.
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    october...image
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    Will the bullion coin be from West Point or San Fran? image Just kidding.

I'm looking forward to seeing all 4 of these finishes in one set, and to seeing if the W and S mint-marked coins will show a difference in luster or strike.

I suppose the W and S mint-marked will be on burnished planchets.

It might appear that the Reverse Proof and S-marked uncirculated will be available only in the set.

But remember in 2006 with the 20th Anniversary sets, a coin or two that was assumed would only be obtainable in a set, was actually released individually after set orders had begun. Those were the 2006-W MS silver and gold, IIRC.

So FWIW I'd hedge that the 2011 Rev Pr will only be available in the set, but the 2011-S MS could be released separately. I notice that this announcement does not state that any coin would be exclusively available in the 5-pc set.

Finally, another silver reverse proof. IMO the last one is prettier than the gold one!

• Options
    100K sets is not huge, given the number of ASE collectors

Using the annual ASE proof sales as an indicator, and based on prior estimation of ASE collectors, there should be at least 500,000 collectors - and the estimates go as high as 750,000+ collectors.

If the 500k plus want a set, to get at the RP or S Unc, then you have a winner.

Price point will be right at around $300-$400. Let's say $350. If you cannabalize out (dont know why you would because in specially labelled holders these will be sold at a premium) the Reg Prf, Bullion and W Unc, you would be in the 2 keys (RP and S Unc) at around $200

I dont mind being in those two 100k issues at $100 each.

If they went with 250k sets, or in some other way allowed purchases separately of the RP or S Unc, it is a different story.

Demand, Price Point and Mintage Limit are all in line in the announced scenario.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the 20th anniv sets going for?
    Original sets.
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options

<< <i>100K sets is not huge, given the number of ASE collectors >>

100K sets is a huge number (500K total coins, correct?). And with this, I predict there will easily be 50 of these sets on eBay 5 years from now. For example on eBay, 5 years later there are no less than 100 auctions for the 2006 20th ASE coins. 15 years later, no less than 20 auctions for the 1995-W Proof ASE. Of course the 1995-W Proof ASE is selling around 79x melt, seems awfully expensive to me for something where 30K were minted. To put it in perspective, that would be like paying $145K for a single $50 AGE!!!

I don't doubt there will be strong initial demand for the set, but 100K sets number is large. It might be different if this were 100K total coins number at 5 coins per set. Then you'd be looking at 20K mintage for each coin variety. That might turn my eye.

--aap
  • Options

<< <i>100,000 a big number??? No need to look further but to history itself. UHR in 2009, one of the most wanted coins in a very long time and this 25th Ann set seems to already generate a huge demand. >>

100K is a big number. It took the mint 9 months to sell 100K of the 2009 UHR (Jan to Oct as I recall). There was the initial hype of course. 2 years later, no less than 35 are for auction on eBay. No hype anymore for this coin 2.5 years later.

I think in a few years out the same will bode true for this ASE set especially with a 100K set issue.

--aap
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    This is going to be another US Mint fiasco.

Can't wait, its been a while.

As structured in the current press release this will be total madness come sale day.

If they change it to 1 per household and $500+ for the set it may cool the frenzy.

These will be HOT and I hope PCGS sets up thier strategy early.

Maybe a Multi-holder and special label designation with "First Strike"

I will be getting the max+ and sending in to PCGS.

With 8-10 weeks advance notice everyone will be ready to jump on them.

Joe
  • Options
    Yeah, but the UHRs and the 1995Ws are both selling above melt and issue price.

These will as well.

Perhaps I should talk to the Mint and ask them to raise the mintage? imageimageimage

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW need to get all the shipping address redy.image If you know what I'm saying this will be a big one.image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, right...with a household limit of 5, some of you will only be ordering 1 or 2...uh huh, right...and the moon is made of green cheese!

I, for one, will be calling in the extended friemds and family program...and I'll admit it (so don't be surprised when the household limit is lowered to 1).

For the price of a single gold eagle you're getting 5 sets, with a relativly low mintage and a large collector base.

Yeah, right...maybe I'll buy 1 or 2 too...
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, but the UHRs and the 1995Ws are both selling above melt and issue price.

These will as well.

Perhaps I should talk to the Mint and ask them to raise the mintage? imageimageimage >>

Yes, the 1995 W ASE does trade just a bit above melt.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yeah, but the UHRs and the 1995Ws are both selling above melt and issue price.

These will as well.

Perhaps I should talk to the Mint and ask them to raise the mintage? imageimageimage >>

Yes, the 1995 W ASE does trade just a bit above melt. >>

and so do all and I mean all 20th Anniversary silver sets...don't forget..issue price was $100 for the 3 coins.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny watching people who plan to buy and flip work hard to convince others that the mintage is not that big, or the value that will be here, etc etc etc.
    I plan to buy the max, keep 1 or 2 and sell the rest. I am NOT going to be on these boards, or elsewhere, talking the sets up, trying to puff my chest and explain why they are a good buy, etc etc etc.
    I prefer NOT having too much competition.

Those that know, know. Those that don't, talk and don't play image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>100K is a big number. It took the mint 9 months to sell 100K of the 2009 UHR (Jan to Oct as I recall). >>

Not big at all. It is a function of collector demand and price point.

Price point is far lower than UHR - $350/$400 vs $1189-$1389 (wherever you bought them)

• Options

<< <i>Those that know, know. Those that don't, talk and don't play >>

I think first you must separate those who speak the truth and dont give a damn if anyone gets in on a good deal - from those who "hype" up products that aren't rare at all.

Some of us talk and buy big too image

After all, this is free entertainment.
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    > I prefer NOT having too much competition.

Exactly, this set stinks, no one buy it. ;-)

-Keith
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I am wondering if this sets the precident for the Mint to offer reverse proofs every 5 years. That would be cool.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More reason why I should be the only one that purchases them:

Keep in mind that they will have to be submitted sealed, sight unseen to obtain a special label. Hopefully they will be better quality than the 2011 ASE proofs were upon their initial release. Hopefully the returned proofs weren't set aside for the sets. image
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2010 bullion 5oz ATBs were mintages of under 30k... those hardly sell for above melt. I know more people collect Silver Eagles since it's a 25+ year program, but the 5 oz. ATBs are also government issue .999 silver too.
  • Options
    tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    For the 20th Anniversary Silver 3-pc sets, it took from what, October to December to sell out 100,000 sets? And back then, the order limit was 10 per household!

Even with increased interest in precious metals, how many months will it take for the 5-pc set to sell out? My guess is that with the 5 order limit/household, it's going to be available for a good while, like 2-3 months.
  • Options
    Cha-Ching!!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the 20th Anniversary Silver 3-pc sets, it took from what, October to December to sell out 100,000 sets?

There were 250,000 of them, I believe. You are correct however, in that it took a few months for the sellout to gather steam.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The excitement here is akin to the Mint announcing they will only make 33,000 ATB's versus 100,000. Remember that thread last December. What a monster of drama. This will be fun to watch.

And in reference to the OP, JohnT58, one heck of a first post. The reply count has gotta (gonna) be a record for a first-time-poster.

Welcome!

r95
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    If that ATB 5 ounce program had been run properly then the 33,000 should have been a long-term winner. But the mint added the collector version and allowed gouging of collectors, people can only be whipped so long.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For the 20th Anniversary Silver 3-pc sets, it took from what, October to December to sell out 100,000 sets?

There were 250,000 of them, I believe. You are correct however, in that it took a few months for the sellout to gather steam. >>

250k 2006 ASE sets sold out in two weeks
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>More reason why I should be the only one that purchases them:

Keep in mind that they will have to be submitted sealed, sight unseen to obtain a special label. Hopefully they will be better quality than the 2011 ASE proofs were upon their initial release. Hopefully the returned proofs weren't set aside for the sets. image >>

Silver eagle novice here that needs advice. What price are we looking at to send one of these sets to PCGS for grading and do you plan on sending in all 5 sets for grading? I had planned on getting 5 sets, sending one in for grading, and keeping the other 4 sealed in the mints boxes but wouldn't I have to open the mints box to get to the 5 sets. Am I stuck having to send all 5 in for grading? image

Thanks in advance
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The excitement here is akin to the Mint announcing they will only make 33,000 ATB's versus 100,000. Remember that thread last December. What a monster of drama. This will be fun to watch.

And in reference to the OP, JohnT58, one heck of a first post. The reply count has gotta (gonna) be a record for a first-time-poster.

Welcome!

r95 >>

Go start "THE OFFICIAL 2011 25th ANNIVERSARY SET FOR SAE" thread image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file