My wheat cents hoard

Comments

• Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keith...................................you are my new hero! image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Keith...................................you are my new hero! image >>

Screw the hero bit....I think he's my long last daddy!!!!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Keith...................................you are my new hero! image >>

Screw the hero bit....I think he's my long last daddy!!!! >>

Yeah... my mother is a maid for a man named Keith and she hates going into the garage to take out priority mail boxes.

strange coincidence? I think not!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭✭✭
    200 posts ... and I missed it all real time

damn Kieth, that is a really kewl garage ... and sdb ... how come you never invite me over?

I mean, your own (long lost) brother imageimage

very kewl! image

thanks for posting!!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG!image
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So what is the point? >>

Totally centsless, makes no cents at all! >>

Collections like this belong in the garbage.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is why he is doing it.....his boyhood hero....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So that's where they all are.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    I just found this thread. Holy cow, what a cool/weird/incredible accumulation/hoard!!
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eccentric!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    FistFullOfDollarsFistFullOfDollars Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    I never thought of putting coins in a trash can in the garage, my wife has never taken out the trash. Now I just need it to be so heavy she will never be able to lift it if she does try and take out the trash.

image Impressive image

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭
    wow!! Don't spend them all in one place! Someone would have a time adding all of them up!

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    stockergreenstockergreen Posts: 483 ✭✭
    This explains why we have a copper shortage.
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Imagine the grading fees.
  • Options
    oooh, I LOVE collection hoards. Binion, Redfield, Redd, Harrah, Fitzgerald, etc.

Great job!

Not sure what the largest wheat cent hoard is – but maybe YOU? If not now, maybe someday. So, NOW is the TIME to give your collection a Name!

Maybe jot down a few nice stories how the hoard came together; that pile of boxes alone is a good pictographic tale. And taking advantage of poetic licence, make up a couple stories to enhance the legend.

You know, like the time you placed up one of the green garbage containers at the local recycling shop with a cardboard sign written in crayon above it titled “Wheat Cents (only), take one or leave one” and the container filled up in exactly 56.7 hours and that is how the hoard started….
    www.CoinMine.com
  • Options
    2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Wow... "Free Shipping"... What the heck is that going to cost him??? What's that, like 13,000 pounds?

Edit: took out an inappropriate word
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    I think he will unfortunately learn an expensive lesson.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, the hoard is for sale... >>

I thought he was going to hold onto them for a "looong" time....when copper hits 7-9 bucks?
  • Options
    compromonedascompromonedas Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    This listing is for show purpose.
    They are not for sale
    Keithimage
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it ever becomes legal to melt those cents, you will acquire a serious chunk of change if you want to go this route. I applaud your persistence. I might come across one wheat cent every month or so.

Do you ever intend to actually go through your hoard? Decades ago, my father gave me a few coins he put away when he was a young man. There were a few BN Unc. common date Lincolns from the 30s. The best of the bunch was a 10 S Lincoln cent that today, would grade VF 20.

Just curious. What do Wheaties fetch these days, and what do Memorials, which are copper, bring? I see one or two of the latter each week.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    It would be good to buy them, card them up, write the grade and price on the 2 x 2s, and sell them one at a time for the next 150 years to supplement my retirement income

do you think it would be difficult to sell one per second for larger denominations? then I could start on a hoard of Jefferson nickels kept in 5gal alhambra water jugs next to my lear jet.

• Options
    richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This listing is for show purpose.
    They are not for sale
    Keithimage >>

What would happen then if someone actually bought them and wanted them delivered across the country? (I'm not a buyer, just curious how you'd ship them)
  • Options
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This brought a smile to my face and made my day. I applaud you for your determination and perseverance!

K
    ANA LM
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This listing is for show purpose.
    They are not for sale
    Keithimage >>

What would happen then if someone actually bought them and wanted them delivered across the country? (I'm not a buyer, just curious how you'd ship them) >>

yes they are 6 ton I will need an
    18 wheeler and a couple of friends!!!!
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you ever plan to go through them?
    With that many there is bound to be a key, waiting to be discovered.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This brought a smile to my face and made my day. I applaud you for your determination and perseverance!

K >>

My sentiments exactly .... I even called my wife into the den to look at the pis of the barrels full.... she said "thanks for being you"... I think that was a compliment and for that I thank you compromonedas, I need all the help I can get! No offense intended of course! image
    Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options
    Shipping will be 4-5 grand (gas and fees)
    If I ever decide to sell I have several friends plus the driver that would do the trip anywhere.
    keithimage
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I'll help. Just got a new Dodge Diesel and love road trips. There is lots of room to party with @ 4500. to moveimage----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    I'm still waiting for a picture of the wife. ;-)

-Keith
  • Options
    Actually, as a matter of fact I am trying to get this 5 millions extra for my hoard

5 millions

Scroll down to see it

keithimage
  • Options

<< <i>I'm still waiting for a picture of the wife. ;-)

Here you go!!!

-Keith >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm still waiting for a picture of the wife. ;-)

Here you go!!!

-Keith >>

image >>

you married the sister I never knew I had? OMGawd....
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keith,

I hope she's a good cook.

Viel Glück
    Have a nice day
  • Options

<< <i>Keith,

Viel Glück >>

She took her bracers off today, Aint she pretty?
    Keithimage
  • Options
    deviousdevious Posts: 1,690

<< <i>

<< <i>Keith,

Viel Glück >>

She took her bracers off today, Aint she pretty?
    Keithimage >>

If she saw just how you really think of her imageimageimage oh man, arnold and maria all over again, except CU style!
  • Options
    Is that a serious ebay offer on the NGC sample slabs?
  • Options
    If I owned a ferrari my wife would not care what I hoarded.
    "One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne
  • Options

<< <i>Is that a serious ebay offer on the NGC sample slabs? >>

Yes of Course
    if you want then just send me $120 for the shipping and handling and they are yours

Keithimage
  • Options

<< <i>If I owned a ferrari my wife would not care what I hoarded. >>

She told me that if I just keep paying her dental bill, I can buy whatever I want

Keithimage
  • Options
    this has to be the craziest and best thread ive ever wandered upon and im glad i did. love it all; i only have a handful of wheats that i have pulled out of circulation but i think they are awesome. what happens when you run out of room for the wheats in the garage? i hope your not planning on putting that ferrari outside.
  • Options
    copper way down, each coin only melts for 2 cents each. shipping exceeds that?

eccentric!

• Options
    my current thinking is the US Gov't will see the value in the copper of their pre-82 & 82copper cents, then do a recall on them with an exchange program to melt on their own.

I don't think the ban on melting them will ever be lifted.

another hypothesis is that the fraction of copper cents gets so low, that the regulation could be changed to make it permissable to melt pre-82 and copper 82 cents.

still, the gov't may want to capture that profit on their own and do the recall/replace thing.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Need new pics from the OP, Ferrari and the tenth 33 gal started. Or completed? Maybe on to the eleventh?
  • Options
    I counted 10 from the earlier pics.

if he's going for 10 millions, and there are 175ks-180ks per can, that's 55-60 of those cans

I also suggest wooden containers could be built to hold them with a pallet shaped bottom for forklifting capabilities. If built properly, no nails would need to be on the interior of the boxes.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    +1
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    TURBOTURBO Posts: 494 ✭✭✭
    FRIGGING AWESOME!!!!
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild!!!!!
    I love it!!!
    I wonder how big it is now??? The original post is a few years old.....

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file