• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Time to call the coin vault !!!
  • compromonedascompromonedas Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to Cohodk I am getting 80,000 more
    Keithimage

Wait, this is fake!!!!
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keith,

keep in mind if you go to metal barrels, you may(will) get electrolysis between the copper and the steel and you would be wise to consider just plopping a rubber trash can inside a metal barrel.
    Have a nice day

• << <i>

<< <i>Seems like a smart investment play. Hard to go wrong with (literally) tons of copper in that form.

I would just be worried about the floor in the garage cracking under the weight. Make sure that sucker is thick/reinforced. image >>

just one of the reasons I don't believe it, the sheer weight of the coins would create problems for most normal structures... >>

I don't think there would be any problems. After all, it is a garage where vehicles are parked.

Very impressive hoard I must say!

<< <i>Keith,

keep in mind if you go to metal barrels, you may(will) get electrolysis between the copper and the steel and you would be wise to consider just plopping a rubber trash can inside a metal barrel. >>

Make sense!
    Thanks!
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wowsers!! Very Kewl Keith!

You need to repost images of your certifed $20 gold St and Lib stash!!! >>

My God you have a very good memory!!!!!

Keithimage >>

Makes my 'Box of 20' look like change from a freakin' Happy Meal'!!
    I'll come up with something.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

dang, I knew I should have picked Nephrology over Radiology!

Nice hoard! Copper is a good play IMO.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

<< <i>dang, I knew I should have picked Nephrology over Radiology!

Nice hoard! Copper is a good play IMO. >>

C'mon, you guys make a bunch of money and no calls at 2 or 3 AM for Hemodialysis orders!!!!

Keith
  • 2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭
    As with so many things in life the question is not how you get into a situation but rather how you plan to get out.................

You may find when it comes time to dispose of your hoard that it is far harder, less profitable and far more time consuming than you thought when you were acquiring the hoard.

A few other thoughts.........

At least store them in plastic lined metal drums sitting on wooden pallets so you can use a pallet jack to move them when necessary.

If you want to play market on copper prices there are far better ways to do it than to attempt to hold physical copper.

Those numerous packages arriving at your home eventually draws attention......not always from the best of people. Mailmen talk............

Even more so for those bins in the garage..................your 14 Y.O. has friends and they in turn have friends. Word gets around in the 8th grade about the crazy dad with a ferrari and millions of coins in his garage. Security for you and your family is first guaranteed by not drawing attention to yourself or your hobby.

Lastly you should consider a cost/time/value analysis. How many hours have you spent ordering those coins, unpackaging them, buying storage bins, etc., etc.
  • scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This could help you out very quickly
    I think I helped contribute a few thousands to your pile! >>

Nice, I had not seen this.
    Got to call them
    Thanks! >>

Looks like the dealer I used to sell to up in NE Cleveland, Ohio!

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>This could help you out very quickly
    I think I helped contribute a few thousands to your pile! >>

Nice, I had not seen this.
    Got to call them
    Thanks! >>

Looks like the dealer I used to sell to up in NE Cleveland, Ohio! >>

Had you see his store?
    1000 bags!!
    I send him a mesage and he told me he will get back with me for a deal

Keith
    Well, it's time for work. I guess I will use my fake car for my fake job today!!!

Keithimage

oh, and let me kiss my fake wife before I leave!!!

<< <i>

C'mon, you guys make a bunch of money and no calls at 2 or 3 AM for Hemodialysis orders!!!!

Keith >>

No MD here, just a RT(R), but I do get calls at 2 or 3 AM for a STAT knee xray that's been hurting for 3 weeks. image

<< <i>

<< <i>

Keith >>

No MD here, just a RT(R), but I do get calls at 2 or 3 AM for a STAT knee xray that's been hurting for 3 weeks. image >>

yes, I know, that sucks!!!!

Keith
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    That's just awesome!

Do your friends ask you " how's the wife and kidneys?"
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    compromonedas, don't let one jacka$$ calling your images fake make you stress. Everyone (else) on these boards knows you are for real.
    Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. I for one really get a kick out of looking at them.

<< <i>compromonedas, don't let one jacka$$ calling your images fake make you stress. Everyone (else) on these boards knows you are for real.

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. I for one really get a kick out of looking at them.[/

Thank you Fivecents!!!

I just want to share my passion for wheat cents!

Keith image
  • SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.K., now you just braggin! image

<< <i>O.K., now you just braggin! image >>

No I am notimageimageimage
  • Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Wowsers!! Very Kewl Keith!

You need to repost images of your certifed $20 gold St and Lib stash!!! >>

My God you have a very good memory!!!!!

Keithimage >>

Makes my 'Box of 20' look like change from a freakin' Happy Meal'!! >>

image MAO that's just funny!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, thats alot of wheats. good luck rolling them back up image
  • LoveMyLibertyLoveMyLiberty Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭
    So, when are you sending them to get slabbed?
    My Type Set

R.I.P. Bear image
  • HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Seems like a smart investment play. Hard to go wrong with (literally) tons of copper in that form.

I would just be worried about the floor in the garage cracking under the weight. Make sure that sucker is thick/reinforced. image >>

just one of the reasons I don't believe it, the sheer weight of the coins would create problems for most normal structures... >>

Fake hand

fake every other lid

Fake car

Everything is fake!!!!

Do you want one jumping inside the cans???

I know, you just want to see more pictures, dont you??????

Keith image >>

I don't care about your conspicuous consumption, I think it's more probable someone would publish pic of an ash can which looks like it has a literal TON of wheaties in it than actually be foolish enough to gather them up and hold on to them in that format. Take one of the cans and dump it over on the floor so I can see exactly how much is in the can, instead of a cardboard lid with a 1/8" of wheaties in 'em.

or perhaps you're some accumulator who just likes to look at obscene hoards of wealth for the sake of leering alone.

<< <i>compromonedas, don't let one jacka$$ calling your images fake make you stress. Everyone (else) on these boards knows you are for real.
    Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. I for one really get a kick out of looking at them. >>

excuse me? I guess he's affluent enough to have your nose up his tuchas!

no matter what, the cents if real are truly bizzare.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Fake hand

fake every other lid

Fake car

Everything is fake!!!!

Keith image >>

I don't care about your conspicuous consumption, I think it's more probable someone would publish pic of an ash can which looks like it has a literal TON of wheaties in it than actually be foolish enough to gather them up and hold on to them in that format. Take one of the cans and dump it over on the floor so I can see exactly how much is in the can, instead of a cardboard lid with a 1/8" of wheaties in 'em.

or perhaps you're some accumulator who just likes to look at obscene hoards of wealth for the sake of leering alone. >>

You have no idea what you are talking about!

There is no way to move this cans!!!!

By the way, I dont have to prove anything to you!!!

If I empty one of the can your next request is going to be to empty all of them so you can believe.

you my friend are a looser!!!!

Keithimage

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Everything is fake!!!!

Keith image >>

or perhaps you're some accumulator who just likes to look at obscene hoards of wealth for the sake of leering alone. >>

If I empty one of the can your next request is going to be to empty all of them so you can believe.

Keithimage >>

If you didn't have anything to prove why did you post more pics? IAE, if they're real it doesn't mean anything to me except that it's maybe the most bizarre thing I've seen posted to these boards in the years I've lurked. That's it. I guess it's true, when you're poor, you're crazy, and when you're rich, you're eccentric.

I just wanted to voice my honest opinion since it seemed so massively unlikely. If you want a bunch of yes-people to post, well, I guess you came to the right place. People who post here tend to like to all step in the same direction for the most part.

(edited out the pictures)

• fastrudyfastrudy Posts: 2,096
    Jimmy Hoffa's body is at the bottom of the second can!!
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • RunnersDadRunnersDad Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭
    This might be one of the most incredible things I have ever seen.
    Mike

Visit my son's caringbridge page @ Runner's Caringbridge Page

"To Give Anything Less than Your Best, Is to Sacrifice the Gift" - Steve Prefontaine

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Everything is fake!!!!

Keith image >>

Keithimage >>

If you didn't have anything to prove why did you post more pics? IAE, if they're real it doesn't mean anything to me except that it's maybe the most bizarre thing I've seen posted to these boards in the years I've lurked. That's it. I guess it's true, when you're poor, you're crazy, and when you're rich, you're eccentric.

I just wanted to voice my honest opinion since it seemed so massively unlikely. If you want a bunch of yes-people to post, well, I guess you came to the right place. People who post here tend to like to all step in the same direction for the most part.

(edited out the pictures) >>

I really appreciate that you are sincere. Thats is why I like the boards, because of the difference of opinion
    What I dont like is the fact that you are calling me a lier with out any proof.

Yes I admit it is bizarre and I am eccentric but this was my dream as a child (bunch of wheats and a Red Ferrari)

And thanks god I was able to achieve it!

have a good day!!!

Keithimage

"Yes I admit it is bizarre and I am eccentric but this was my dream as a child (bunch of wheats and a Red Ferrari)"

That's funny, mine dream was the same until high school, then it turned to a bunch of red Ferraris and a wheat penny, now it's back to a bunch of wheats and a red Ferrari. Next is just a bunch of red Wheats since the Ferrari is out of the question. image

• fastrudyfastrudy Posts: 2,096
    My dream in high school was determined after I saw "Fantastic Voyage" with Racquel Welch in her rubber body suit. I knew, right then and there, I wanted to become an antibody!
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to go back to nickels. I'll help you corner the market in that. You'll make millions.

Leo (Where's the serious emoticon when I need it)

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is interesting how people respond to posts.

The OP has created a thread that initially disclosed his huge accumulation of wheat cents, including pictures. Plastic garbage cans in a garage that look to be filled with wheat cents. A car is also shown in the picture. Later, at the request of another forumite who apparently knows of the OP, the OP posted pictures of slabbed gold.

Responses to this thread cover a broad range. Surprise, shock, awe, curiosity, envy, funny comments (i.e., about what one's wife would do if you were the OP) criticism, lecturing, disbelief and sniping back and forth.

Takes all kinds I guess. However, it would be refreshing to simply see responses that are positive and that wish the OP luck in his quest to accumulate wheat cents. He is an adult; can understand all of the potential downsides and upsides of his quest; and is apparently prepared to deal with whatever flows from his quest and the publicizing of same on the forums.

What is the reason for going negative? None that I can think of that have any merit.

P.S. Seeing the plastic trash cans filled with wheat cents has me wondering how much space would be taken up by all of the wheat cents that were minted from 1909-1958? Someone can probably do the math and figure that out for us. I invite a math whiz to give it a try. Also do the same calculation for the memorial cents produced from 1959 to the present.
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    my gold stack......sadly someone will try to make out to be a liar!

i be fibbin'image

<< <i>It is interesting how people respond to posts.

The OP has created a thread that initially disclosed his huge accumulation of wheat cents, including pictures. Plastic garbage cans in a garage that look to be filled with wheat cents. A car is also shown in the picture. Later, at the request of another forumite who apparently knows of the OP, the OP posted pictures of slabbed gold.

Responses to this thread cover a broad range. Surprise, shock, awe, curiosity, envy, funny comments (i.e., about what one's wife would do if you were the OP) criticism, lecturing, disbelief and sniping back and forth.

Takes all kinds I guess. However, it would be refreshing to simply see responses that are positive and that wish the OP luck in his quest to accumulate wheat cents. He is an adult; can understand all of the potential downsides and upsides of his quest; and is apparently prepared to deal with whatever flows from his quest and the publicizing of same on the forums.

What is the reason for going negative? None that I can think of that have any merit.

P.S. Seeing the plastic trash cans filled with wheat cents has me wondering how much space would be taken up by all of the wheat cents that were minted from 1909-1958? Someone can probably do the math and figure that out for us. I invite a math whiz to give it a try. Also do the same calculation for the memorial cents produced from 1959 to the present. >>

Nice comment.

The total mintage of wheat cents is over 25 billions.

You can check this link to see what it looks like.

10 billions

Keithimage
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    There will always be someone in the crowd. I think it is awesome and I give it my "Official Nobody" (me) Post of the Month image
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    if they're real it doesn't mean anything to me except that it's maybe the most bizarre thing I've seen posted to these boards in the years I've lurked.

Please go back to lurking.

compromonedas, congratulations on posting such a cool hoard. I think you have a few thousand of mine in the mix from awhile back. Congratulations also on not taking the bait from the 'if you don't collect my way...your doing it wrong' crowd.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks to Cohodk I am getting 80,000 more
    Keithimage

Wait, this is fake!!!! >>

Believe me, it aint fake. My back is killing me. And my post office isnt very happy.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• 3sidesofsilver3sidesofsilver Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    Keith (compromonedas), How ironic in that I typically collect my wheats by pulling them out of a trash can - the little dish on the convenience store counter that says 'need a penny, take a penny'. People throw their unwanted coins in and I pull a treasure out; oldest one found to date is a 1910. You collect yours by throwing them in a trash can. Different means - same result. Keep on rockin!
    --Craig
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I don't know why this is so hard for people to believe. Even with a value of 3 cents/each, a hoard of 2 million wheat cents is worth about $60,000. That's a considerable amount of money but hardly enough to raise an eyebrow. Plenty of individual coins sell for much more than that. With enough patience and effort someone could easily accumulate 2 million of these. Lots of big bags of them exist.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey....bite me Hyperion.image

You have your nose up your own tucus Hyperion.
  • I don't disbelieve. However I think OP is becoming a bit arrogant with his replies. So what if there is a disbeliever here? Just ignore them and move on with your life. Don't keep talking about your Ferrari and wife and gold collection. Especially with the little smilies. Makes you seem uptight and condescending.

Regardless of the above comments; awesome collection of pennies, nice car and nice gold.

Edit: But hey, what do I know? I'm just a noob.

<< <i>I don't disbelieve. However I think OP is becoming a bit arrogant with his replies. So what if there is a disbeliever here? Just ignore them and move on with your life. Don't keep talking about your Ferrari and wife and gold collection. Especially with the little smilies. Makes you seem uptight and condescending.

Regardless of the above comments; awesome collection of pennies, nice car and nice gold.

Edit: But hey, what do I know? I'm just a noob. >>

Now I am arrogant!!!

I am sorry for posting!!!

Next time I ask permission to the posting boss!!!

Keith

• ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    If the doubters care to search, Keith ran a continous buy post on the BST buying wheat bags a cpl years ago....no quantity too large. I took advantage of it and so did CohodK, many of us did.

Congrats Keith !!!!!!!
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread.

I once did a deal on a 100 bags of wheats. Made sure I wasn't the one to lift any of them, so I arranged the truck and the movers and brokered them sight-unseen. The trouble was the collector had individually sorted the coins by date and mint and applied blue ribbon to each and every one - 500,000 coins. The buyer was really mad because he was offering unsearched bags. So he told me later that he had to dump the rolls into a cement mixer with a bag of dirt and gave them a quick mix.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
    Ok, this is my last post for now.
    I will post new pictures after I get to 5 millions
    ( after I ask permision of course)
    thank you all for your comments!!
    Time to watch NBA finals!!!
    Miami in 4 games!!!!

Keithimage
  • greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    The buyer was really mad because he was offering unsearched bags. So he told me later that he had to dump the rolls into a cement mixer with a bag of dirt and gave them a quick mix.

image That's a classic Rick! And after the mix and rebagging they truly were unsearched!

P.S. As far as the smilies used by OP, if I had a red ferrari in my garage, I might put a few more smilies in my posts as well. What's he supposed to do? Apologize for being successful and able to buy the things he likes. Come on folks. I know times are rough, but it's not the fault of people who have succeeded despite the tough times.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• ksammutksammut Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My dream in high school was determined after I saw "Fantastic Voyage" with Racquel Welch in her rubber body suit. I knew, right then and there, I wanted to become an antibody! >>

Too funny. We must be about the same age. Loved that movie because of Racquel.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 35,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>...if I had a red ferrari in my garage... >>

My future ex-wife would have a happy new husband! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    The vast majority of replies in your thread are at very least in awe of your collection, who cares about the .01 percent that feast on sour grapes and envy? Once again thank you for posting your collection and making one of the more interesting threads in some time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file