Home U.S. Coin Forum

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For those who are grading the HS P Pucks, are you going for the FS or the Roosevelt label? It seems like the Roosevelt label coins bringing more though I'm not clear why.

On that note, how do you request this label?

Is there a special label for the Yellowstone other than FS? >>

The only label a collector's club member can get is the First Strike label.

All other special labels are only available to dealers through the bulk submission process.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Yosemite makes the news again.

Link
  • I know they are only making 27,000 Numismatic version for the 2010 ATB 5oz'rs. But what are they going to make for the 2011 versions and beyond? Anyone have any insight? Is there any legal documents somewhere that stated what their maximum mintage could be?
  • PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>
    Well, it appears PCGS is bending over for the big guys again by offering special labels not available to their all members giving them a product they the big guys seem to be able to get more money for. It is just another game they are playing with their CC member and make money at the same time. It would be nice to see have the label costs compare to the FS label. >>

Seems ridiculous to me that we can spend hundreds in grading fees but when it comes to a special label that takes them a a little more effort to produce...no...that's asking too much!

Whatever. Buy the coin, not the label.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks very much for the info!!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know they are only making 27,000 Numismatic version for the 2010 ATB 5oz'rs. But what are they going to make for the 2011 versions and beyond? Anyone have any insight? Is there any legal documents somewhere that stated what their maximum mintage could be? >>

I would guess future mintages will depend upon the sales of current mintages.

we will see.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    To those who have served or are serving their country, Thank you.

To those who made the ultimate sacrifice, there are no words.
  • hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭✭
    An SP70 Yellowstone just closed on eBay for over $800. I don't think we will see as many SP70's graded as we think. I've
    looked at 15 and 13 had some sort of rim ding or mark that would keep it out of a 70 holder. Not worth sending in at
    nearly $50 a coin for an SP69 grade.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    Yosemite is officially on the schedule for Thursday 6/9.

• CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭

<< <i>An SP70 Yellowstone just closed on eBay for over $800. I don't think we will see as many SP70's graded as we think. I've
    looked at 15 and 13 had some sort of rim ding or mark that would keep it out of a 70 holder. Not worth sending in at
    nearly $50 a coin for an SP69 grade. >>

what does sp stand for ?
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

sjlly puck
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>what does sp stand for ? >>

SP = Specimen = special handling by the mint but not a proof

Does anyone know if these coins are struck multiple times like proofs?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    So who is buying the Yosemite on the 9th? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny

• << <i>So who is buying the Yosemite on the 9th? image >>

I am. I'm getting the "big 3" for 2010 (Yellowstone, Yosemite, and Grand Canyon).

After that, it's "wait and see" going forward.

At most, I may get half a dozen or so of the rest of the series unless there are some really low mintages.

<< <i>So who is buying the Yosemite on the 9th? image >>

I am---planning to get them all if I live long enough. Neat series to collect. Not every coin needs to be a good investment although it may turn out that way.

"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• << <i>

I am---planning to get them all if I live long enough. Neat series to collect. Not every coin needs to be a good investment although it may turn out that way. >>

Same here .. i think it would be a nice collection .. be nice though if they put it on subscription starting 2012..

• << <i> Same here .. i think it would be a nice collection .. be nice though if they put it on subscription starting 2012.. >>

Why not start with the 2011's??? Mintage should be a tad higher and, if they want, they can still have an order limit
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

I plan on buying 2 of all five and then stopping. It is getting to expensive for me.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I am all done when I get all the 2010's.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2010s I'm getting all of them from the mint. Not sure on the rest, maybe just get the other ones on the dips when I feel like picking up 5 or 10oz for the stack. I would like the whole series though, but we'll see.
  • EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

<< <i>I am all done when I get all the 2010's. >>

wonder if this will be the case with most collectors, and then the mintages will decline over time, just like the spouses did, so the 2010 will not be keyes, at least the P versions. I thinking about doing this also, which also got thinking about just dumping them all.
  • JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭

2 each of the 2010's and 1 each of the 2011's thru the end of the series.

• << <i>

wonder if this will be the case with most collectors, and then the mintages will decline over time, just like the spouses did, so the 2010 will not be keyes, at least the P versions. I thinking about doing this also, which also got thinking about just dumping them all. >>

Only time will answer this question. So many folks out there don't even know about these. There were 34 million ASE's sold. ASE Proofs sold out last year. There is such a demand for silver in general. I also think it fits in a dollar range between silver ase's and gold. The subject matter is so much more interesting than the old hags as well. I really feel these will catch on but my crystal ball has been cloudy a few times in the past image I also agree there is a huge difference between the P's and the bullions. I have 10 sets of 2010 bullion and won't be turning loose anytime soon. The P's have a huge question mark going forward. Looks like it will be around August some time before they get around to the 2011 P's. I will probably roll the dice myself. Downside is not that huge in my book.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

wonder if this will be the case with most collectors, and then the mintages will decline over time, just like the spouses did, so the 2010 will not be keyes, at least the P versions. I thinking about doing this also, which also got thinking about just dumping them all. >>

I can't see the non-P versions being "keys" either due to their higher mintage. The 2011 non-P coins are going to have huge mintages.

"AP’s Order 60,700 Olympic National Park Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins" according to Coin Update:

Oly Orders

Anyone have a link to the mintages of the bullion pucks sold so far?

<< <i>

<< <i> Same here .. i think it would be a nice collection .. be nice though if they put it on subscription starting 2012.. >>

Why not start with the 2011's??? Mintage should be a tad higher and, if they want, they can still have an order limit >>

A subscription would be an excellent idea but would it work with the wildly fluctuating price of silver?

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭
    Yellowstone taking a while to sell out. I don't think there are 27K collectors out there. Maybe in the future but not now.
  • Speaking of which does anyone have the updated Mint sales numbers ?
  • nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
  • Link for lastest coin sales

I would bet Old Yeller is sold out

<< <i>I am all done when I get all the 2010's.

I can't afford the whole series so I have been buying all of the 2010s and I'll pick and chose my favorite pieces in the years after.
  • nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    Yellowstone officially SOLD OUT!

- Aron
  • I'm doing the same. 2010 then my favorites after that.
  • My favorites are silver. Guess I'll have to get them all image
    I found the max. mintages of the bullion pucks:

2010 - 33,000 each coin type
    2011 - 126,700 each coin type

So, if they sell all of the 2011's, there is going to be a bunch of them out there. The 2010 are the bullion keys unless the later date coins don't sell out.

<< <i>Yellowstone officially SOLD OUT!

- Aron >>

Wow, did this even go into the "waiting list" mode?
  • I think that was pretty quick ...

I am sure the popular parks will go fast ... but as for 2011 i cant see them reaching sellout anytime soon. Not at 126,000 + units

• << <i>I think that was pretty quick ...

I am sure the popular parks will go fast ... but as for 2011 i cant see them reaching sellout anytime soon. Not at 126,000 + units >>

Well the first two 2011 bullions are sold out from the mint already.

• << <i>Yellowstone taking a while to sell out. I don't think there are 27K collectors out there. Maybe in the future but not now. >>

Just my opinion but I think a sellout in just 2 weeks is pretty high demand....and at one per household...remove that and they would have been gone in a few days
    I am sure the AP's will buy all the 126,000 units available. The question is, would you buy a coin with a mintage of 126,000 vs. a coin with a mintage of 27,000 (assuming the mint keeps the P pucks mintages the same).

<< <i>I am sure the AP's will buy all the 126,000 units available. The question is, would you buy a coin with a mintage of 126,000 vs. a coin with a mintage of 27,000 (assuming the mint keeps the P pucks mintages the same). >>

Yes if it was priced as bullion (same as 5X what an ASE would cost) and I was looking to invest in silver.

• >>AP’s Order 60,700 Olympic National Park Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins" according to Coin Update:
    Anyone have a link to the mintages of the bullion pucks sold so far?<<<

"In little more than two days, 78,700 of the initial 126,700 mintage were purchased by the APs"

nusmismaster.com
  • REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << Yellowstone taking a while to sell out. I don't think there are 27K collectors out there. Maybe in the future but not now. >>

Just my opinion but I think a sellout in just 2 weeks is pretty high demand....and at one per household...remove that and they would have been gone in a few days >>

If there was no limit (or 100 limit) the 2010-Ps would sell out 27K the first day. Dealers, hoarders, flippers and yes, collectors are all over this like flies on a crap wagon.

I'll be getting my Yosemite fix next week.
    Has anyone received a 70 on a HS P Puck w/the metal flow anomaly (for lack of a better term) in the "SPRIN"?

Thanks!!

Three for me....

<< <i>

I plan on buying 2 of all five and then stopping. It is getting to expensive for me. >>

Three of all five.

I don't plan to buy any of the non-Ps pucks beyond 2010 as I think that the 2010 non-Ps will be the keys by a large margin.

I am buying three of each P issue on the what I think is the very off chance that they end up being the keys. I plan to watch future issues and chase the low mintages a bit. I think that we will see some much lower mintage Ps in the future, much like he Hags.

<< <i>I am buying three of each P issue on the what I think is the very off chance that they end up being the keys. I plan to watch future issues and chase the low mintages a bit. I think that we will see some much lower mintage Ps in the future, much like he Hags. >>

How do you define "keys?"

<< <i>

<< <i>

I plan on buying 2 of all five and then stopping. It is getting to expensive for me. >>

Three of all five.

I don't plan to buy any of the non-Ps pucks beyond 2010 as I think that the 2010 non-Ps will be the keys by a large margin.

I am buying three of each P issue on the what I think is the very off chance that they end up being the keys. I plan to watch future issues and chase the low mintages a bit. I think that we will see some much lower mintage Ps in the future, much like he Hags. >>

How quickly did the first year hags sellout?

<< <i>

<< <i>I am buying three of each P issue on the what I think is the very off chance that they end up being the keys. I plan to watch future issues and chase the low mintages a bit. I think that we will see some much lower mintage Ps in the future, much like he Hags. >>

How do you define "keys?" >>

Lowest mintage.

As to the Hags, I don't recall. That is a great question. Does anyone remember?
    I was just looking over the Yellowstones prior to sending them in for grading. One of them has a brownish, coffee looking stain on the reverse under the "W" :-(

Anyone else see this??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file