Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Well finally received my 4th YS puck today .. had a very bad scratch on the rim below the date... so had my friend send it back and for the credit get the next one >>

looks like they have been selling raw on Ebay for $345-350

Strange you would send back a sold out low mintage coin for a refund

Just my thoughts....... >>

I sold one "unopened" apparently had been retaped at the packaging facility. Recipient said it had the longest scratch he'd ever seen. Must have been a production run of that variety!!image >>

Exactly ... not worth the headache Just my Opinion
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Well finally received my 4th YS puck today .. had a very bad scratch on the rim below the date... so had my friend send it back and for the credit get the next one >>

looks like they have been selling raw on Ebay for $345-350

Strange you would send back a sold out low mintage coin for a refund

Just my thoughts....... >>

I sold one "unopened" apparently had been retaped at the packaging facility. Recipient said it had the longest scratch he'd ever seen. Must have been a production run of that variety!!image >>

Exactly ... not worth the headache Just my Opinion >>

I agree, both of my hot springs had scratches/spots that would prevent a 70 and would most likely be a return if sold on ebay. Not worth the price and possible ebay headaches for the small $ return. I will buy the future Ps and sell unopened to coinfame or MCM and use the small headache free profit to help get the ones I actually want to collect, such as Gettysburg, PCGS slabbed from EBAY
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Not unusual. There are milk spots which are whitish and others which are pale grren or brownish. Might be two different issues. Another reason why I have an aversion to mint products. >>

I would say I have never had one silver coin from the mint with a white spot (but I won't - bad karma!!!). I do have a proof set with one coin that has someone's finger print on it. Now, if I could only sneak it into a crime scene somehow. image

I recently received a Maple Leaf in an "air-tite" that has a lot of milk spots on it, a couple rather large ones. >>

Bad Karma is what you get when you wish ill on someone else.. "What comes around, goes around".. unless that person is truly evil.. I think that's on page 219..

What you're doing by not saying you never had one Silver coin from the Mint with a white spot is not hexing it.. hexing is different than bad karma.. hey, go look it up image

I have one of whatever the first year of the Prestige Proof Sets were.. 1986?.. something like that.. ordered directly from The Mint that year.. it was flawless, and the first year of that short series of fancy Proof Sets (with one of that year's Commemorative $1.00 Proofs included).. is a semi-key, since they didn't make all that many, compared to most years..

Over the years, it developed a HUGE BLACK FINGERPRINT on the Obverse of the Lincoln Cent.. I'm talkin' taking someone's prints when they're being booked at the police station black fingerprint.. which means the coins in the Prestige Proof Sets were pushed into their holes with bare fingers.. or, the coin was touched by a bare finger, and then machines shoved them into the holes.. I don't know which.. none of the other coins in the set have that problem.. just the cent..

Since the leather-bound set opens like a book, and inside is a sonically-sealed plastic "page" holding all the coins, which you can flip back and forth to see both sides, and there's no way to open it, without literally breaking it, to replace that Proof Lincoln Cent with the HUGE BLACK FINGERPRINT on it, which is actually just toning from the oils in some image Mint worker's finger, it'll be that way forever.. and tremendously reduces the value of the set, if I ever decided to sell it.. image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    I have yet to hear from the Mint. I don't think with the holiday and such that they are "on top of this". I assume two-three weeks or more. I'm not holding my breath. If I get another bad one, I'll send it back as well but I'll first call the mint to try to get my shipping costs refunded..... good luck right.... lol
  • Options

<< <i>I have yet to hear from the Mint. I don't think with the holiday and such that they are "on top of this". I assume two-three weeks or more. I'm not holding my breath. If I get another bad one, I'll send it back as well but I'll first call the mint to try to get my shipping costs refunded..... good luck right.... lol >>

Yup..."Good luck"

<< <i>"If for any reason within 7 days (except for Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls) of receiving your product you are dissatisfied with your purchase, return the entire product for refund or replacement. Shipping charges will not be refunded. " >>

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    I sold my Hot Springs for around $365. Ebay fees are $24.50, paypal around $9.50 and about $10 shipping priortiy mail. Mint original price $285 including shipping. Make about $36.00 per P Puck. Someone on the BST has 50 of these so I guess you can make some money with volume just selling raw.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    My PCGS DCAM 70 ASE Proof First Strike 20th Anniversary developed a nasty spot when I looked at it the other day. It took 5 years to develop. These P versions will have spotting issues from the coins I have seen so far. Some could develop years later. I have not seen evidence yet for spotting on the bullion versions.
  • Options

<< <i>My PCGS DCAM 70 ASE Proof First Strike 20th Anniversary developed a nasty spot when I looked at it the other day. It took 5 years to develop. These P versions will have spotting issues from the coins I have seen so far. Some could develop years later. I have not seen evidence yet for spotting on the bullion versions. >>

That sucks..

I check my various flavors of ASEs from time to time, and not a single one, Bullion, Satin Finish, or Proof, has any spotting problems..

I have a bunch of Kennedy Halves that we put in 2x2" brown paper coin envelopes decades ago, and they are starting to get a bit colorful.. but it's subtle.. pastel-ish..

It would be cool to take a pile of "P"s out of out their capsules, and put then in a canvas sack, and store the sack it in a vault in Kansas City for about a hundred years.. apparently a LOT of Morgan $s in thousand coin canvas sacks, stored in Kansas City vaults, developed gorgeous monster rainbow toning, or crescent rainbows, when they were partically protected by other coins in the sacks, but that process took nearly a hundred years, from what I was told by someone who allegedly knows a lot about such things, the humidity and temperature of those Kansas City vaults were perfect for so many of those old cartwheels, that were touching the canvas to rainbow-tone..

The only problem is the matter of living long enough, or building a time machine to see the results..

I was at a Long Beach show a few years ago, and a guy walked up to David Hall, who was hanging out at the PCGS booth.. he had a cello-pack 1964 Mint Set.. pretty sure it was a Mint Set.. could've been a Proof Set.. and every single coin in it had some of the most spectacular, colorful toning I've ever seen on modern coins.. Hall was practically salivating over it, and as a small crowd gathered around, there were audible gasps.. the set's owner said he had just kept the set in its original mailing envelope, on a window sill, for decades.. it really had to be seen to be believed that it happened naturally..

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have yet to hear from the Mint. I don't think with the holiday and such that they are "on top of this". I assume two-three weeks or more. I'm not holding my breath. If I get another bad one, I'll send it back as well but I'll first call the mint to try to get my shipping costs refunded..... good luck right.... lol >>

Yup..."Good luck"

<< <i>"If for any reason within 7 days (except for Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls) of receiving your product you are dissatisfied with your purchase, return the entire product for refund or replacement. Shipping charges will not be refunded. " >>

>>

R.E. My yellowstone P: They refunded my return shipping......... before insurance though.

ps this was for a replacement
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Must be because you got it replaced. I have never received a refund on shipping (either way) on a refund.
  • Options
    Is there a FS cut off date for the 2010 P pucks or are they like the bullion pucks with all eligible? I sent the question to PCGS but have not yet rec'd an answer.

The P pucks are not specifically mentioned on the list of cut off dates so I would assume they are in the same boat as the 2010 bullion

2010 First Strike cut-off dates
    National Quarters Silver Set
    (5OZ. 25cent) All eligible
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Must be because you got it replaced. I have never received a refund on shipping (either way) on a refund. >>

If you wait until the return is fully processed and your refund has been applied, I believe they will refund your return shipping if you ask.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    OK here we go again tomorrow ....

Strike that --- LOL

Make that Thursday LINK
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK here we go again tomorrow .... >>

Bet you'll never get through tomorrowimage
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there a FS cut off date for the 2010 P pucks or are they like the bullion pucks with all eligible? I sent the question to PCGS but have not yet rec'd an answer.

The P pucks are not specifically mentioned on the list of cut off dates so I would assume they are in the same boat as the 2010 bullion

2010 First Strike cut-off dates
    National Quarters Silver Set
    (5OZ. 25cent) All eligible >>

I wouldn't assume that.

Eliza Johnson First Spouse coins are not on The List yet, but are due to go off First Strike at the deadline of June 7th. So, that deadline is tomorrow.

Call and ask.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Why wouldn't PCGS keep the link that says 'First Strike' up to date ???

If they don't want to keep it updated, they should say:

'First Strike - Call for Cutoff dates. We are to lazy to update our site and the people who answer the phone need something to do anyway'

Or something to that effect. image

• Options

<< <i> "Why wouldn't PCGS keep the link that says 'First Strike' up to date ???" >>

Since it is the only page on the site that is time sensitive ya would think it would be up to date.....

I will call today....emailing them a week ago was pointless

I just want to batch them with my Pru pucks if they ever arrive......
  • Options
    Wasn't there a character named Pru Pucks in an episode of "Gunsmoke" around 1961?.. image

This is my probably ridiculously oblique way of wondering what you meant by "Pru" pucks..

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wasn't there a character named Pru Pucks in an episode of "Gunsmoke" around 1961?.. image

This is my probably ridiculously oblique way of wondering what you meant by "Pru" pucks.. >>

What's a Pur Puck? There are P-Pucks and BULL-Pucks (Bullion). Pur Puck sounds like something your cat did on the carpet!
  • Options
    sfs2002usasfs2002usa Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    Pru may refer to "Prudential" ??? Seems like it should be in the bullion thread...
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The anticipation level is amazing tonight with tomorrow's next release of the YO-P...

NOT

But I bet it sells out just as fast as the previous two. Some say the YO, GC and MH are the best in group. Will these sell out faster?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that they will sell in the same time period as Yellowstone.

Any chance that the price will reflect the drop in silver??? That would be a NO of course :-(

I'm in for three, again - against my better judgement. As I've said, I think that the 2010 business strike pucks will be keys by a large margin, but not the 2010 Ps. That said, I'll buy three, send any 70 looking ones to PCGS and sell the rest on FeeBay w/hi-res pics and my usual returns accepted for any reason policy.

I recently sold three 69 looking ones on FeeBay w/the above policy and made $25 net (pre-tax) profit each for my efforts. I'll try not to spend this windfall all in one place.

I plan to wait until 12:30 or so and I'm sure that I'll get one fast.

Happy buying everyone...
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Surprisingly light chatter on these, but I'm in!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

Me (for) too. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    I'll get my three.....
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll get my three..... >>

UH HUH!!!
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamp dry with a high nap CLEAN white cotton towel and no scratches/rub...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll get my three..... >>

Yep I will order my standard of two. I plan on two of all five and then I am done. I am so broke right now.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    I'm getting two, and they are sold already.
  • Options
    mint's website is crawling right now
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered, email received #37606xxx

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    37607xxx @ 11:10 CST
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order Number: 376073xx

Not bad at all!
  • Options
    #376064xx at 12:07 eastern
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    37609xxx @ :16

Suspended? Yet my order shows backordered 6/16. I haven't had this happen yet.

• Options
    badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    #37608*** @ 0918 Pacific.
  • Options
    DaggoBDaggoB Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Telephone 37605xxx 12:02 EST
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    376076xx @ 12:12am

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>37609xxx @ :16

Suspended? Yet my order shows backordered 6/16. I haven't had this happen yet. >>

I went back and got in at :26 #37611xxx.

I got an earlier order on my iPhone 3Gs in 3G mode at :19, #37609xxx.
  • Options
    3000+ already

• Options
    alhasalhas Posts: 85 ✭✭
    37609xxx @ 12:17 Eastern
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

After a half hour of watching the message "waiting for catalog" I hit Cntrl F5 & literally shot through the remainder of the ordering process. Guess I should have done that sooner.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Order number: 37613***

Order Date: 06/09/2011 at 12:39 AM
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same thing happen.

Last order through ~1229 EST #37612XXX
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    7000 + Going fast

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my 2 cents...but now that the price of silver has stabilized and isn't in actual "crash" mode...like it was during the sale of the second coin in the series...I would imagine that these should sell pretty well/quickly.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #37615xxx about 15 minutes ago.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    Voltaire: Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero.

• Options
    376073XX ordered 12:11 EST
  • Options

<< <i>Just my 2 cents...but now that the price of silver has stabilized and isn't in actual "crash" mode...like it was during the sale of the second coin in the series...I would imagine that these should sell pretty well/quickly. >>

Coin = $279.95 + $4.95 shipping = $284.90

Spot Silver (as I type this) = $37.48 x five ounces = $187.40

difference = $97.50

Somebody's making a pretty healthy profit.. price on the 2010s after Hot SPROINGS shudda been lowered, when Silver dropped from over $48.00 an ounce..

I'm just watchin' from the sidelines.. they're purty, but Mr. Wallet says image

Unless the doors of a Brinks truck I'm behind springs open and a sack of cash lands on my car hood, or one of these image lotto tickets ever pays off, I'll just watch yawl play hockey, and wait for the Mount Rushmore in two years image I've got a thing about Mount Rushmore..

Yours truly,
    R.O. Thornhill..

• Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should buy the bullion versions then. The collector Comm's in silver, plat, and gold have always been way over spot. That's why they have 2 versions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file