Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Updated 7/28/11 - MH & GC ON SALE NOW -- 27,000 Numismatic ATB 2010 5oz Pucks -- **Official Pre-

Comments

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've got a thing about Mount Rushmore.. >>

Not Blueberry Hill???
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭

<< <i>Maybe you should buy the bullion versions then. The collector Comm's in silver, plat, and gold have always been way over spot. That's why they have 2 versions. >>

I prefer the matte / satin / vapor-blasted by aliens finish anyway..

I bought the Hot Springs "P".. so, I have one.. it's not going anywhere.. unless Silver hits $100.00 an ounce.. image
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    ............... I'll just watch yawl play hockey, and wait for the Mount Rushmore in two years image I've got a thing about Mount Rushmore.. ....... >>

I hear ya. I've got a "thing" for Vermont. My wait's going to be a little longer than yours, as Vermont is # 54 out of 56 in the series, scheduled for the end of 2020.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    # 376229XX @ 2:00 PM PST

with that said my first Puck was 376073XX @09:11 PST

THat makesa diff of about ~ 15.5K orders

So i think this will be right on track with the other pucks ... about 18K ordered the first day and a sellout under 7 days
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i># 376229XX @ 2:00 PM PST >>

About 16.9 k total difference since the start as of your number @ 2pm

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Order #37624XXX at 1645 CST
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

That's 18000 mint orders for the day so far.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's 18000 mint orders for the day so far. >>

Any guesses as to what percent are for the Yosemite pucks? I'd guess about 75%.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    Voltaire: Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero.

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>After a half hour of watching the message "waiting for catalog" I hit Cntrl F5 & literally shot through the remainder of the ordering process. Guess I should have done that sooner. >>

I am kinda on the Information Cul de Sac instead of the superhighway.
    Is that a shortcut that will speed up any ordering or whatever slow boat you have going on a computer?
    Thanks
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    backordered 37626***
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>

<< <i>After a half hour of watching the message "waiting for catalog" I hit Cntrl F5 & literally shot through the remainder of the ordering process. Guess I should have done that sooner. >>

I am kinda on the Information Cul de Sac instead of the superhighway.
    Is that a shortcut that will speed up any ordering or whatever slow boat you have going

F5 is the refresh the page shortcut.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was late placing an order, but they've been shipping the pucks pretty fast. My order # 37627XXX was placed at 9:27 p.m.

The bullion versions are attractive until you look at them closely and see the die polish lines. I prefer the appearance of the numismatic pucks.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options

<< <i>I was late placing an order, but they've been shipping the pucks pretty fast. My order # 37627XXX was placed at 9:27 p.m. >>

Thats 21,000+ today. Estimate sell out late Friday, early Saturday.

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    I'm guessing they sold 15-20k today, and it'll take a few weeks for the rest to trickle out.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the mintage numbers will be for the 2011 P pucks be?
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone know what the mintage numbers will be for the 2011 P pucks be? >>

It has not yet been announced but I'm sure the first few of 2011 probably have already been struck.....

I'm going to guess 50k each but with a 2 week sellout for the 2010 P's it could be more.....
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend just ordered a Yos. P Puck for me....

Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 09:01 AM
    To:
    Subject: Order Receipt-Order #37635XXX

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 09:01 AM
    To:
    Subject: Order Receipt-Order #37635XXX >>

Up tp 29,000+ A sell out or waiting list might be announced Monday morning

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine was 37610xxx, I got it within about 15 minutes. And it is sold already.
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Does anyone know what the mintage numbers will be for the 2011 P pucks be? >>

It has not yet been announced but I'm sure the first few of 2011 probably have already been struck.....

I'm going to guess 50k each but with a 2 week sellout for the 2010 P's it could be more..... >>

The best thing for much higher mintage will be a closer to spot pricing.

Any news yet on 2011 pricing.

Joe
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    When is NP4 coming out? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options

<< <i>When is NP4 coming out? image >>

No date announcement yet....
  • Options
    received a glacier atb quarter in change today. the first atb i've seen.
  • Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    Slightly off-topic, since this thread / discussion / whateverCUcallsit is about the five ounce ATB "P"s.. but I haven't received ONE single ATB quarter in change, ever.. there are probably two reasons for that..

1 - I almost never use cash to pay for anything in stores.. I use plastic.. when I do use cash, which I hardly ever do, I usually pay in exact change, so I don't GET any coins in return..

B - I can't remember what I was going to say.. image

Last month I participated in the ANA's "Civil War Battlefields Scavenger Hunt" contest.. entrants had to watch half a dozen video clues, (they're all still on youtube - do a search there for American Numismatics Association).. and then collect (or already own).. the coins and one piece of currency which correctly answered the clues in the videos.. the answer to one of the clues was the ATB Gettysburg quarter.. I didn't have one, so I had to buy one.. the answer to another clue was President Andrew Johnson, and I didn't have a Johnson Presidential $1.00, so I had to buy one.. the other clue answer objects, I had.. and the answers were all pretty easy.. one of the clue answers was any FRN from Richmond, VA.. well, what are the chances someone in So. Calif. would have a Richmond, VA note in their wallet?.. remarkably, I did, so I didn't have to buy one of those.. I thought Lady Luck was smiling on me.. HAH!..

Then, everyone participating, had to fill out a form and email it to the ANA, with their answers, by date certain.. which I did..

The grand prize was a raw, mint state 2 cent piece, worth about $300.00..
    There were a few second-place prizes of circulated three cent pieces..
    Then there were some prizes of books or something I can't remember.. a total of about ten prizes in all..

A week or two after the entry deadline, the ANA sent out a mass-email to all members, announcing the winners.. needless to say, despite going through this ordeal for nearly two months, and spending a few bucks for the two coins I needed that I didn't already have.. I didn't win one image thing.. this really image me off, because ONLY 170 PEOPLE ENTERED AND GOT ALL THE ANSWERS CORRECT.. so with about ten prizes, that made the odds of winning ANYTHING about 1:17, which are pretty decent odds, in a contest that required so much work, and dragged on for so long.. bah.. image

Then again, I went food shopping on Friday, and as I was putting my stuff on the checkstand belt, I noticed some flattened-out pieces of paper on the floor under my foot.. the two people ahead of me in line both used the card-swiper to pay for their stuff, so I glanced down again, and saw a few $1.00 bills on the floor, and some other cash.. there was no one behind me.. the people ahead of me weren't paying with cash.. so I bent down, and grabbed all the notes and quickly and nonchalantly stuffed them into my pocket, finished with the check-out, and left the store.. at my car, I pulled the found money out of my pocket.. exactly $40.00.. some genius, or highly-distracted person had dropped forty bucks in cash (1x$20, 3x$5, and 5x$1) on the floor, and didn't notice.. it couldn't have been there THAT long, but people had stepped on it, probably not noticing it was money.. thinking it was a bits of a store sales flyer or something.. how long could it have been there?.. probably no more than a few customers prior to me, who were already long-gone.. what am I gonna do?.. Hand it in to the store Manager?.. As if the Manager is going to get on the PA system and say "Attention all customers, if you lost $40.00 cash at checkstand number whatever, come to the Managers' desk".. fat chance.. the Manager would have taken it, and stuffed it into his / her own pocket..

Sorry for the insurrection.. back to your "P"rogram, which is already in "P"rogress..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options
    Ok ... I agree ... I think .. maybe ... Can you repeat that please one more time .. well any way congrats on the 40 bucks image
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered a YO... 37641***
    Unlike the last two I ordered and flipped, I'm keeping this one for my collection as I'm a Yosemite fan. It's a great park!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options

<< <i>Just ordered a YO... 37641***
    Unlike the last two I ordered and flipped, I'm keeping this one for my collection as I'm a Yosemite fan. It's a great park! >>

If my math is correct, the mint made about 35,000 sales since noon Thursday when the Yosemite ATB 5 oz silver coins went on sale. While not all the mint sales were for these coins, I can't help but believe that we are getting close to a sellout.

• Options
    I would have to agree ... I would wager sell out by EOD Friday
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>Just ordered a YO... 37641***
    Unlike the last two I ordered and flipped, I'm keeping this one for my collection as I'm a Yosemite fan. It's a great park! >>

If my math is correct, the mint made about 35,000 sales since noon Thursday when the Yosemite ATB 5 oz silver coins went on sale. While not all the mint sales were for these coins, I can't help but believe that we are getting close to a sellout. >>

If we go on the thought that 75% of sales are for Yose, then we are very close. I believe 75% of sales on opening day was probably realistic for the Yoses but this has probably fallen off since then. My guess is that we are somewhere between 22k and 25k with a week or so to go.

Personally, I feel like this is a better design than the outhouse or somewhat corny buffalo, and while there wasn't much hype about Yose, it might just sellout quicker than the other two. However, silver is down 4% today so that may trigger some cancellations and second thoughts.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i> ........... so I bent down, and grabbed all the notes and quickly and nonchalantly stuffed them into my pocket, finished with the check-out, and left the store.. .. how long could it have been there?.. probably no more than a few customers prior to me, .. what am I gonna do?.. Hand it in to the store Manager?.. . >>

Yes.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> ........... so I bent down, and grabbed all the notes and quickly and nonchalantly stuffed them into my pocket, finished with the check-out, and left the store.. .. how long could it have been there?.. probably no more than a few customers prior to me, .. what am I gonna do?.. Hand it in to the store Manager?.. . >>

Yes. >>

Not to be too critical, but that gets the award for uninspiring story of the day. Someone may be without groceries this week.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I did just the other way around Saturday. I offered to pay the difference a customer did not have for his groceries. He refused and did not take

several of the items he had purchased. I guess he was too ashamed at not having the money but at least I offered.

edited for spelling.
  • Options

<< <i>I would have to agree ... I would wager sell out by EOD Friday >>

Sell out....Two weeks from issue date.....I'm stickin' with it
  • Options
    YOS..

In stock and reserved. Cancel button is gone. Looks like
    shipping is gearing up to start. Order # 37606xxx.
  • Options
    stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭

<< <i>... what am I gonna do?.. Hand it in to the store Manager?.. As if the Manager is going to get on the PA system and say "Attention all customers, if you lost $40.00 cash at checkstand number whatever, come to the Managers' desk".. fat chance.. the Manager would have taken it, and stuffed it into his / her own pocket... >>

Found money = Children's Hospital Donation from me and an anonymous donor.
  • Options
    Mine as well .. Order # 376073XX

Cancel button gone
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine as well .. Order # 376073XX

Cancel button gone >>

Same here - Order number: 37609XXX

Shipped today - 6/14/11
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IN PROCESS.........image................................37613XXX
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Ordered mine earler today Order number: 37641xxx
    says its backordered
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Holy Cow! Mine shipped already! That was fast.

Order number: 37607XXX
    Order Date: 06/09/2011 at 12:12 AM

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

2010 ATB SILVER COIN - YOSEMITE 1 $279.95 $279.95 1 unit shipped on 06/13/2011

• Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭

Order number:37606XXX

Order Date:06/09/2011 at 12:06 AM

UPS Tracking number is still not in the system though. It will probably go active later tonight for delivery tomorrow.
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't read any supposition about the final numbers on the NP1, so I'll start. Back in 2008, I was aggressively hoarding proof platinum $10 Eagles. The Mint produced 10,000 of the little suckers and sold out around the end of the year. When the final sales numbers came out, they said they had sold 5,138. How was that possible?...in May the price of spot platinum was $2,200, but dropped like a rock over the next couple of months. Lots of platinum, gold, and silver were returned--although mostly platinum since the spreads were greatest. The Mint responded by freezing sales and eventually lowering prices and resuming sales later in the year. Subsequently, a new return policy was developed, sales numbers across all products were very low, and the rest is history.

Therefore, I believe what happened in 2008 lends some credence to the idea that the Mint does not recycle returns??? But, and this is my "supposition," because of returns related to the crash in silver spot and because of the SPRINGS problem, I believe that there is a very good chance we will see low final sales number for the NP1.

What say you?
  • Options

<< <i>Holy Cow! Mine shipped already! That was fast.

2010 ATB SILVER COIN - YOSEMITE 1 $279.95 $279.95 1 unit shipped on 06/13/2011 >>

I must be on the list for guy who is on break LOL

Order number: 376073XX

Order Date: 06/09/2011 at 12:11 AM

Order Status: Your order request is on hold.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,942 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

2010 ATB SILVER COIN - YOSEMITE 1 $279.95 $279.95 1 unit shipped on 06/13/2011 >>

Order Status: Your order request is on hold. >>

If I were you I'd call the Mint about your order. It should not still be on hold. It should be in Process by now...... I suspect something is wrong.
  • Options

<< <i>I haven't read any supposition about the final numbers on the NP1, so I'll start. Back in 2008, I was aggressively hoarding proof platinum $10 Eagles. The Mint produced 10,000 of the little suckers and sold out around the end of the year. When the final sales numbers came out, they said they had sold 5,138. How was that possible?...in May the price of spot platinum was $2,200, but dropped like a rock over the next couple of months. Lots of platinum, gold, and silver were returned--although mostly platinum since the spreads were greatest. The Mint responded by freezing sales and eventually lowering prices and resuming sales later in the year. Subsequently, a new return policy was developed, sales numbers across all products were very low, and the rest is history.

Therefore, I believe what happened in 2008 lends some credence to the idea that the Mint does not recycle returns??? But, and this is my "supposition," because of returns related to the crash in silver spot and because of the SPRINGS problem, I believe that there is a very good chance we will see low final sales number for the NP1.

What say you? >>

That is very very interesting. Would be great to get Eric Jordons take on that? I know there were a lot of cancellations of Hot Springs. Certainly it will take a year for those numbers to show I think? Man that would be wild. Sure makes me want to pick up a few more HP's
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Order Status: Your order request is on hold. >>

If I were you I'd call the Mint about your order. It should not still be on hold. It should be in Process by now...... I suspect something is wrong. >>

OK called the Mint... According to 2 reps ( Called twice ) Nothing has shipped for NP3 at this time .. My order is fine no issues
  • Options
    Wow...say they sold 15,000 on the first day....and 10,000 are being shipped yesterday/today. Think of the logistics of that many packages being moved over a couple of days...UPS (the company) must love the business, UPS (the workers) must say "Damn, here we go again"....They must sent an 18 wheeler (or 2) to pick them up....

I'm done....
  • Options

<< <i>
    Therefore, I believe what happened in 2008 lends some credence to the idea that the Mint does not recycle returns??? >>

I posted a few pages back about a mint customer service rep speaking of this matter, saying something like, "we do not resell returns, we melt them down"

I believe I got one response on this, something to the effect of, "HA"

I'd like to hear some more people weigh in on this.

Do yawl think the mint melts their returns?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Therefore, I believe what happened in 2008 lends some credence to the idea that the Mint does not recycle returns??? >>

I posted a few pages back about a mint customer service rep speaking of this matter, saying something like, "we do not resell returns, we melt them down"

I believe I got one response on this, something to the effect of, "HA"

I'd like to hear some more people weigh in on this.

Do yawl think the mint melts their returns? >>

I wouldn't doubt that a mint employee looks at the return and consigns the coin to the melt bin only if there is an obvious or serious defect. Otherwise, it gets repackaged and resold.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Do you think there were a lot of returns of the NP1 because silver dropped? If that were the case, there would not be sellouts for the Yellowstone and Yosemite P versions. Though I like your reasoning that the Mint may not recycle returns.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file